AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Steins;Gate character(s)
Lab Member 001 Hououin Kyouma / Okabe "Okarin" Rintarou 179 77.16%
Lab Member 002 Mayushii / Shiina Mayuri 72 31.03%
Lab Member 003 Super Hacker / Hashida "Daru" Itaru 44 18.97%
Lab Member 004 Christina / Makise Kurisu 180 77.59%
Lab Member 005 Shining Finger / Kiryuu Moeka 17 7.33%
Lab Member 006 Lukako / Urushibara Luka 20 8.62%
Lab Member 007 Feyris Nyannyan / Rumio Akiha 38 16.38%
Lab Member 008 Part Time Warrior / Amane Suzuha 97 41.81%
Others 4 1.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-20, 11:35   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Steins;Gate - Favourite Character(s) Poll

Welcome to the Steins;Gate - Favourite Character(s) Poll, the place when you can adorn you favourite characters and support them expressing all of your love!

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!

If you are selecting "Other" among your choices, please don't forget to name the character(s) you are referring to.

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules

• No campaigning for votes.
    Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.
  • Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2011-09-20, 12:13   Link #2
kresslia
I dunno what to write.

I really like Suzuha, but my love for the characters of Okabe and Kurisu is on a whole other level. They're two of my favourites ever now, so I voted for the both of them naturally.
Old 2011-09-20, 12:57   Link #3
Deathscyther

Voted for Okabe, Kurisu and Suzuha

Okabe
Okabe was one of the most interesting main characters I've seen. A really arrogant, proud and stubborn man, but he's really nice, selfless and helpful as well.

During the first few episodes I found him a but strange, especially his often 'fake paranoid' personality, but he really grew on me as the episodes went by. He really cares for his friends and would do anything to help them. Especially his relationships with Kurisu and Mayuri felt heartwarming.

It was interesting to see how he was able to switch between his serious and mad scientist personalities as well.

Kurisu
Kurisu really feels like the 'main girl' for the anime (and visual novel) to me. Fairly proud, arrogant and stubborn like Okabe, but just as helpful and selfless as seen when she constantly helps Okabe and especially when she is willing to sacrifice her own life to save Mayuri's. She has the tendency to act like a tsundere.

She puts a barrier around herself, which can only be broken by the people close to her. I think she was really lonely before meeting Okabe and co, probably because of the bad relationship with her father. She was really withdrawn at first because of this, but the real Kurisu came out eventually.

I think Okabe and Kurisu helped each other grow during the show and complete each other when they are together. I guess they seem more 'alive' when the other is around.

Suzuha
A tough girl, who had gone through hell, but managed to stay cheerful while trying to carry out her mission. Somehow she appealed to me right away and I hoped she'd play a big part in the story. Happy that she was indeed one of the 'keys' to victory.

I think she grew a lot during her time with Okabe and co as well in the social department. She wasn't used to a peaceful time and you could notice that she acted like a kid at times, because she didn't have a chance to grow up like normal kids. Although at the same time she was more serious and mature than the rest.
Old 2011-09-20, 14:36   Link #4
LKK

I love the fact that the poll not only lists the nicknames but the lab member numbers as well.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2011-09-20, 14:43   Link #5
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I love the fact that the poll not only lists the nicknames but the lab member numbers as well.
Considering the cast and the series wrapping, it was sort of natural to me.
Adding some flavor isn't bad at times, good that it pleases some of you
Old 2011-09-20, 21:24   Link #6
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Although Kurisu is a good tsundere and Daru is pretty funny with his otaku antics, Okabe takes the cake as the best character in S;G by a big margin for me. Both his "mad scientist" persona and "serious business" personas give depth to his character and are a blast to watch. The male character of 2011 for me so far.
Old 2011-09-20, 23:07   Link #7
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Threw in my vote for Okabe, Kurisu, Suzuha, and Moeka. I can't even really justify why I like Moeka as much as I do. She just appealed to me right from the start and held my attention until the very end. I was happy to see her get her happy ending along with everyone else.
Old 2011-09-20, 23:19   Link #8
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I love them all, but Okabe's simply amazing with his style.

I'll also throw in a vote for Suzuha for generally kicking ass and being voiced by my favorite VA, and Kurisu because she plays a great role in Okabe being funny.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-20, 23:34   Link #9
tomtkp

My vote would be the first 4 lab members (Okarin, Kurisu, Mayuri and Daru) and also Suzuha. These four have important roles in the plot and I really liked them.
Old 2011-09-21, 01:14   Link #10
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I love how we're tied (32 to 32) for Okabe and Kurisu. I voted for both of them as I really did love not only their relationship with one another but them as individuals as well. Happy to see that many others feel the same way!
Old 2011-09-21, 08:20   Link #11
LKK

If this poll had been taken just after the first half, I would have voted solely for Okarin and Mayuri. But Christina came into my favorites list during the second half. So for the series as a whole, all three get my vote. Not that it matters much, but of the three, Okarin is tops for me by a wide margin.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2011-09-21, 19:14   Link #12
kitten320

I just finished the series and my votes go to Okarin, Mayuri and Feyris... unexpected list, ain't it?

Okarin - at first I wan't really interested in him, he was way too weird. But eventually I started to warm up to him... his character started to change too what I found very plausible. With less crazyness he started to remind me of myself, I also love to say random things from time to time.

Mayuri - usually I hate clueless characters, they make me facepalm all the time. But Mayri happened to be different... Despite being totally clueless in all those scientifi things and being an airhead for most of the time... she actually happened to be very wise. The fact that she had discovered who is Suzuha's father says a lot. And she could see that Okarin is suffering and always tried her best. She never really forced herself on anyone. She also made the plot moving and is basicly the main reason why all lab members had met and stuck together. And I felt bad for all the times she had to die... especially when she was talking about them on the grave yard.

Feyris
is on my list mostly because of her self centred episode... I found it very admiring of her to give up on her own happiness (and it was a seriouse case!) in order to save Mayuri.

Everyone else were fine too but they didn't stand out for me much. Am bit confused as to why Makise is so popular... she is not a bad character and she did HELP A LOT in this whole case but her over all personality didn't stand out much to me... besides her constant denying of everything she said was getting tiresome after some time. I would expect her to get used by now...
Old 2011-09-21, 21:24   Link #13
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Seems I haven't voted yet...

Ok voted the ff:

Lab Member 001 Hououin Kyouma / Okabe "Okarin" Rintarou - obvious reasons being the main character he's character development through out the series is great he handled alot of emotional things after the time travel and he's a mad scientist it's so cool sunuvabitch.

Lab Member 002 Mayushii / Shiina Mayuri - just MOE! Too cute to resist. TuTuRuuu~~~! And she's got a good backstory as well also she has a deep bond with the main character that goes probably beyond the onii-chan type, friends or even lovers, she's like a soulmate to Okabe.

Lab Member 004 Christina / Makise Kurisu - Tsundere powwa, American Virgin lol Her development in the series is great as Okabe, through out the time travel escapade. Till those few romantic moments, ahh touching.

Lab Member 006 Rukako / Urushibara Ruka - one of the many traps that I wish remained as a girl. Too beautiful imho.

Lab Member 007 Feyris Nyannyan / Rumio Akiha - 100% MOE! Her backstory is great as well as her character, though I wish she needs or had more air time, but alas she's a side character.

Lab Member 008 Part Time Warrior / Amane Suzuha - I pretty much like the sporty girls. Who would have thought she was a really a warrior from the future.
Old 2011-09-21, 21:32   Link #14
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I like all the lab members, but the most appealing ones were of course Okabe and Kurisu. Kinda ironic that both of them have the same number of poll votes to match them together
Old 2011-09-22, 14:33   Link #15
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Of the more main characters definitely Okabe, Kurisu, and Mayushii all three were excellent and deep characters. Other characters Rukako and Feyris, I really liked both of them, they had great interactions with Okabe, and their self-sacrifices for Mayuri's sake really showed great character on their parts .

All the other characters were still good, but didn't feel they earned a being a favorite from me.
MAL
Old 2011-09-22, 14:54   Link #16
CatOfTime

I had to vote for Okabe but it wasn't really that fair of a question because he, Kurisu and Mayushii were the ones that got more screentime than the other characters even though every character was developed in a great detail. But overall, I just got into liking Okabe's character So silly but so great
Old 2011-09-22, 16:46   Link #17
prototype_sky

Not many characters like okabe so he wins my vote
Old 2011-09-22, 17:51   Link #18
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I guess Okabe would be a given choice for me, he's a unique male protagonist. Thats why I'm going with my second choice, Amane Suzuha, she very cute
Old 2011-09-23, 15:03   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I voted for lab members 001, 003, 004 and 008.
Old 2011-09-23, 15:26   Link #20
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Voted for the Mad scientist, Christina, and the awesome Part Time Warrior.
Daru the Supah Hacker almost gets a vote for me but...holding hands is not that ecchi!
Closed Thread