AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-12-27, 15:28   Link #61
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
More precisely he discovered that there phenomena that can be created by unknown laws in volume 19, but he hears the word "magic" several times in Russia. just hope Kamachi not mess the chronology of the series.
I'm pretty sure like desrtsku mentioned, this will focus on how Accelerator eventually comes to terms with how magic exists... I'm pretty sure that it's gradual, and not instantaneous.

Anyway, I'm just quoting this from the Japanese translation of an article talking about the new Accelerator manga which says that exact line "what happens when magic and science cross..." I don't see why this would mess with the chronology of the series. Consider how oblivious Mikoto is to anything magical after-all...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 15:39   Link #62
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

i just guess the whole thing will be accelerator experiencing thing's related to magic without knowing its magic.....some genius
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 16:06   Link #63
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I'm pretty sure like desrtsku mentioned, this will focus on how Accelerator eventually comes to terms with how magic exists... I'm pretty sure that it's gradual, and not instantaneous.

Anyway, I'm just quoting this from the Japanese translation of an article talking about the new Accelerator manga which says that exact line "what happens when magic and science cross..." I don't see why this would mess with the chronology of the series. Consider how oblivious Mikoto is to anything magical after-all...
Really? you want to put Accelerator at the same level of alienation of the Mikoto?
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 16:11   Link #64
tsunade666

Accelerator isn't dumb you know -_- he doesn't think and try to explain everything in scientific way. If he doesn't understand then he doesn't understand. its not like the scene where Lessar tried to explain it to a wall about magic.

Accelerator know there is something wrong about Etzali or rather he is aware that he isn't using some kind of scientific way and he isn't denying the possibilities of others laws that existed in the world. Which is why he is easily to able to use the grimoire that he retrieve as a base to heal Last Order in WW III arc.
Old 2013-12-27, 21:55   Link #65
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Accelerator isn't dumb you know -_- he doesn't think and try to explain everything in scientific way. If he doesn't understand then he doesn't understand. its not like the scene where Lessar tried to explain it to a wall about magic.

Accelerator know there is something wrong about Etzali or rather he is aware that he isn't using some kind of scientific way and he isn't denying the possibilities of others laws that existed in the world. Which is why he is easily to able to use the grimoire that he retrieve as a base to heal Last Order in WW III arc.
No the point is he'll realize it's different, I just don't think he'll call it magic. Touma didn't figure it out either until Index told him just saying... and it isn't like he isn't extremely smart when he needs to be. Also, Mikoto is a genius too just saying guys.... ... ... ... And I'm pretty sure that believing in magic when you're a science person is equivalent to being deluded in general, so I could see why he wouldn't accept it so easily... not accepting doesn't make him stupid

Anyway, yeah what Tsunade said otherwise except the meanness about Mikoto. Being ignorant isn't the same as being stupid...
Old 2013-12-27, 23:58   Link #66
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
No the point is he'll realize it's different, I just don't think he'll call it magic. Touma didn't figure it out either until Index told him just saying... and it isn't like he isn't extremely smart when he needs to be. Also, Mikoto is a genius too just saying guys.... ... ... ... And I'm pretty sure that believing in magic when you're a science person is equivalent to being deluded in general, so I could see why he wouldn't accept it so easily... not accepting doesn't make him stupid
Don't forget that Mikoto lives in her own world. She is quite deluded in general. It took the Sisters Arc for her to even start looking negatively at Academy City in the slightest. Even then, she still has quite the sparkly view of Academy City (Remember the first line of eternal reality). Not to mention the fact that she still does't accept the existence of magic even after all she has seen in New Testament.

Seconding what tsunade666 said. Accelerator knew something was off after meeting Etzali and was aware of the fact that there were laws outside of the laws of science. He just never received a formal understanding of those laws until NT2 and even then it was still pretty basic.
Old 2013-12-28, 07:17   Link #67
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Am I the only one who is confused about not getting RAW today?
Old 2013-12-28, 08:45   Link #68
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I also find it odd, railgun out, and even index manga raw out on the day.
Old 2013-12-28, 09:36   Link #69
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

I've heard that guys just don't gonna scan 68 pages since they don't think there will be a translator.
Old 2013-12-28, 10:01   Link #70
tsunade666

Quote:
Mikoto is a genius too just saying guys.... ... ... ... And I'm pretty sure that believing in magic when you're a science person is equivalent to being deluded in general, so I could see why he wouldn't accept it so easily... not accepting doesn't make him stupid
who is not accepting? Accelerator? he easily accepts it and touma denied it first but when he imagine break Index's clothes then he believes.

Seeing is believing.

Mikoto saw it but still well..... you know....

And I'm not talking about the brain capacity or processing power but being open mindedness

Open mindedness is a necessary trait of a real genius. they take the criticism and make ways to correct it so they won't fail again.

Look at Mikoto. her friends said that she should ask help. That happen in season 1. She didn't ask for help. telistina happen in season 1. She ended up getting help by mitsuki and kuroko.

look at railgun S?

did she learn anything?

Old 2013-12-28, 10:04   Link #71
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
I've heard that guys just don't gonna scan 68 pages since they don't think there will be a translator.
I think hardest the Sunrise in the morning than Js06 not translate Accelerator manga.

Quote:
Look at Mikoto. her friends said that she should ask help. That happen in season 1. She didn't ask for help. telistina happen in season 1. She ended up getting help by mitsuki and kuroko.
it reminds me that on the day that Touma asked help for her the world was destroyed, not that there is some relationship.

Last edited by Acer; 2013-12-28 at 10:38.
Old 2013-12-28, 10:23   Link #72
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
it reminds me that on the day that Touma asked help for her the world was destroyed, not that there is some relationship.
lol! the irony of it!!! and I remember that back in the days. We are joking about the end of the world when Saten and Touma met but when they met. they just ignore and forget each other. but when Touma finally ask help from Mikoto. then the world is doom.
Old 2013-12-28, 12:35   Link #73
Birdway
Banned

Lmao with that irony guys

Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 12:45   Link #74
GDB

Quote:
>He stops Anti-Skill as they are transporting her.
>His overwhelming power defeats them, but they send a giant robot from their truck.
As if Anti-Skill were hard to defeat. The only time they ever seemed at all competent was when they fought alongside Touma in the underground mall. Based on the anime, at least.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 12:53   Link #75
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post

he has small fangs O.o
Old 2013-12-28, 12:55   Link #76
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
As if Anti-Skill were hard to defeat. The only time they ever seemed at all competent was when they fought alongside Touma in the underground mall. Based on the anime, at least.
It's such a thankless job- Nobody cares when they keep the street safe from petty criminals that don't get any screen time
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 13:27   Link #77
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

You're just being silly regardless of whether it's true or not. Anyway, Mikoto is still the #3 esper so she's still a boss that has MOST of the qualities of a genius... She's my fourth favorite character, it's not like I'm one of her fanboys... I just think you all hate her way too much just because of her massive popularity... Also, you can be a prodigy and still not be open-minded. There certainly are different levels of genius. Accelerator is way smarter than her, it doesn't mean she isn't a genius... just saying.. I'm pretty sure her esper ability's difficulty level of usage is way too high for these jokes, but whatever...

Anyway, I really hope this chapter is scanlated eventually... If not, there are Japanese websites which give full summaries of these, so it's totally fine if you use google translate to read what happens anyway, that's how I noticed the magic/science thing...
Old 2013-12-28, 18:21   Link #78
Birdway
Banned

I was making fun of the irony.

You need to address better your post.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 01:34   Link #79
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I was making fun of the irony.

You need to address better your post.
Sorry, that wasn't addressing you, it was addressing you slightly, and the others mostly for the whole slew of comments. I was just typing quickly, because I didn't have time to post...
Old 2013-12-29, 03:04   Link #80
zaeraal

Finally the raw and the translation is out (5-6 pages missing though).

AND IT EVEN HAS NIPPLES (both LO and that dead girl)
With the policy of Index & Railgun & Endymion manga (LN) to never show them I am really surprised.

But fanservice aside, it was an interesting chapter. I wonder how will they manage the pace.
Because given the 68 pages, it moved wery slowly, mostly battle scenes, but barely any plot.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote