Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-21, 10:11   Link #21
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

PV with opening song.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-21, 18:43   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I refuse not to be distraught given the studio, it not looking hideous now is merely a cruel deception.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-21, 22:15   Link #23
Frontier

It's weird that this both does and does not look like GoHands .
Old 2023-04-22, 06:03   Link #24
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I am actually fine with how GoHands will go ham on this adaptation.
My main concern is how much loss of eyeglasses would it take before people start getting sick of the premise.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-04, 10:33   Link #25
Frontier

Spoiler:
Old 2023-07-04, 12:11   Link #26
AntonKutovoi

I'm only a few seconds in and I'm already laughing at those shots from the downside (Komura looks like a Slenderman). I like the manga, but I think anime is going to be hilarious for different reasons
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-04, 12:17   Link #27
kuroyanagi

Ahhh watching this is going to be such a challenge... The two leads are actually cute and the gags don't miss the landing so I want to keep going but the random photorealistic forest backgrounds and the extremely long complicated pans and the wiggly movements are plain distracting... The second half of the episode is so much better after the camera direction calms down a bit and you can actually focus on what's happening.
In fact the voice acting direction and comedic timing reminds me a lot of Seitokai Yakuindomo, so if only GoHands could go back to the same visual aesthetic they had back then...

Last edited by kuroyanagi; 2023-07-04 at 12:20. Reason: .
kuroyanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-04, 15:36   Link #28
grecefar

I enjoyed myself and was smiling all the chapter.

They did a wonder with mie eyes and hair, I think is the first time I see hair moving so much.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-04, 16:25   Link #29
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The 3D and the wierd angles are distracting in not a good way. Her hair also is either good or feels like some ai art monstrosity. Overall all those feels like this is a thing they did that supposedly is meant to look fancy, but is probably the "cheapest" looking thing in the show because of how tonedeaf/outofplace it feels.

All that aside.......

Overall they're a cute little couple with good vibes and the premise is great (hope it lasts for a while) so will add it to my weekly list. Just hope they cut down on the stuff thats not that.

Spoiler for Ep1 Ending Spoiler:
Old 2023-07-04, 17:16   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
I'm only a few seconds in and I'm already laughing at those shots from the downside (Komura looks like a Slenderman). I like the manga, but I think anime is going to be hilarious for different reasons
I really had to power through those first few minutes. The animation was completely ridiculous, to me it was more cringe than funny.

Setting that aside, I did like the ep. Can't pass up on a romcom where Shion Wakayama plays the heroine. I wonder if Mie is going to spend the show half-blind or if they're going to abandon the premise. Mie is quirky enough for it to work without the glasses gimmick.
Old 2023-07-04, 19:46   Link #31
Wandering Soul

I wonder if a day will ever come when the animators at GoHands realize that they keep the camera under control and those crazy shots that they love so much come off as bad jokes.
Old 2023-07-04, 20:49   Link #32
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Just how blind is Ai needing to be so close the a book just to read it and yet have the confidence to go to school with out her glasses on but at less its a good excuse to sleep in class

Well it this keeps up I dont think Kaede can survive he not really good as a shield but good of coming up with excuses on the fly at less
Old 2023-07-04, 21:09   Link #33
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Setting that aside, I did like the ep. Can't pass up on a romcom where Shion Wakayama plays the heroine. I wonder if Mie is going to spend the show half-blind or if they're going to abandon the premise. Mie is quirky enough for it to work without the glasses gimmick.
Yeah don't get your hopes up, the gimmick is definitely a big part of the series.

GoHands really likes to flex their 3D prowess for better or worse. Holy shit the reflective surfaces -- floors, lockers, eyes. I don't think I've ever seen a school with chrome lockers. Decent start I guess but MC is cringier than I remember. The manga was cute but I'm not sure I feel like revisiting it. Probably a drop but I'll see.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-04, 23:13   Link #34
Alchemist007
*Author

Cute and funny, sometimes for the wrong reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
though Mie also has her Oshi No Ko-esque galaxy eyes
I find them to be more along the lines of Kamikatsu, some sort of kaleidoscope effect.
Old 2023-07-05, 01:06   Link #35
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-05, 11:16   Link #36
Blaat

I really enjoyed this one, including the excessive 3D rotoscoping (I do hope they tone it down though) the main couple are really cute so looking forward to see how their relationship plays out.
Old 2023-07-07, 00:39   Link #37
Greenish Growth

Usually it looked good...if it were still shots, but the weird animation gave me a bit of a motion sickness headache from the shifts. Good thing I wasn't watching it in a theater or I would be squinting with one eye closed watching it.

I'm as nearsighted as she is without my glasses. The good thing is that I can look at things with magnifying glass vision X2.5 because I can put my eye so close to something while still keeping it in focus. I get sleepy if I'm forced to go without my glasses for awhile (like at a barber shop). I can't focus on anything so my mind drifts like how it is right before I go to sleep in the darkness. I once destroyed my glasses at work. Fortunately I lived only a block away. It would have been dangerous for me to walk in the street for long. It would have taken a delay to tell that something was moving toward me because everything appears as a fuzz ball. Moving fuzz balls don't stand out much.

I think I better watch this in lower resolution to lessen my motion sickness issue. His reactions felt more exaggerated than the manga, but that's how anime adaptions usually go. A bit too much in anime form.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-11, 10:33   Link #38
Frontier

I understand that it's not anyone's fault but Mie (and I guess Komura's if you believe he cursed her glasses into being broken) that she doesn't have her glasses when she's on lunch duty...but she really should not have been put in any sort of capacity of giving people food unless they wanted excessive amounts or getting what they wanted in a roundabout fashion because she can't see anything. Girls' just too earnest to think she can't perservere through her disability. Though I guess Komura gets to stand next to her and see her in a ponytail and apron, so it works out in the end .

The OP is very GoHands. A little too extra, a little too much crazy camera angles, and 70-80% of it is reused footage. All the same the song is quite nice and pleasant, and the scenes of Mie and Komura running towards each other is quite cute .

That's sweet that Mie saved some meat for Komura out of gratitude, but I really should've seen it coming that HE would be the one to get the potatoes .

So is a week without forgetting her glasses like a milestone for Mie or what ?

I guess we now have the justification for why Mie doesn't wear contacts more since it would save her the trouble of losing her glasses...she's scared she can't get them out and doesn't quite like the feel of them in her eyes. All the better for Komura though because he gets a chance to swear in front of the whole class that he'll be there for her whether she's without glasses or contacts. At this rate they'll probably be the class couple soon .

Poor Tokita. Dudes' glasses fog up and she thinks he's some complete rando in their class. I guess Mie recognizes people through their eyes, even when she has glasses ?

Finally exchanging LIME ID's! Knowing how Mie gets, it's probably for the best to have Komura just a message away, and it also shows that she trusts and relies on him, especially because he knows full well what she's like when she's without glasses .

I'm not surprised that Mie left her glasses on a train, but it's the perfect excuse to call in Komura so they can make a date out of it and he can finally see her in casual clothes and they can enjoy the sweets and Mie getting her new glasses. Dude even found the perfect excuse for holding her hand !

It says a lot that Mie still wanted to hang out with Komura even after getting her glasses. And that even when she could finally see everything again, her eyes were drawn only to Komura. It may have been a dream in real life for Komura (as the wounds of all his pinching can attest), but it seems like Mie's budding feelings for him are growing even if she's not fully able to recognize them yet .

Komura's not the type to ever think Mie is creepy with her mask + fogged glasses combo...but better safe than sorry .

The ED is cute enough with a duet between Mie and Komura's VA's with a shot of Mie just walking through cherry blossoms. It's simple, but cute !
Old 2023-07-11, 12:57   Link #39
grecefar

I like the opening, it was a catchy song.

They overused the plane scene and the repeat of mie critical hits but the date was cute and some of komura inner monologues were hilarious.

loving this.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-11, 18:07   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The MC is quite cringe but the heroine is really cute and it's really what matters the most for this type of anime. Although having a cool MC is always a very nice bonus.

Her being a complete airhead aside, I can relate to some of Mie's troubles, like her glasses getting fogged when wearing a mask. It really is a pain.

Mie casually scored a lot of critical hits in this episode. I'm also happy the story is already making it clear she's developing feelings for Komura.