AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-01-20, 09:56   Link #61
Knightmare213

And apparently, Bill Gates doesn't realize that either with this.

BG Takes on Sony and Nintendo

In here, it just sounds like he is just bashing Nintendo and Sony, saying that none of the first-generation PS3 games will look nice and Nintendo Wii won't last long because of it's graphic inferiority.

I guess he never grabbed on and played a Wii, did he? And for some reason, he sounds a lot like those Xbox360 fanboys I've seen around (but not here).
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 12:59   Link #62
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

...I think gates is acting too cocky for his own good. Pesonaly my "Bill gates respect meter"(Yes I am unique) just dropped to -100 after reading that article. Trust me, Bill is the biggest xbox360 fanboy in the universe.(Wow this came out weird.)
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 23:11   Link #63
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
I have played Wii Sports... and played it with alot of people. (and not at the mall ) It was fun for about 10 minutes, granted I didn't play every game, but to me it seemed nothing but a glorified tech demo. (the motion controls kinda sucked... as in, not very responsive or realistic)
I would have to disagree...

For Golf, Tennis, Baseball, and Bowling it's very good.

Tennis esp. (I say esp, because if you play enough you can really control the spin and where you want the ball to go)

Boxing is just oddly controlled.

Golf is pretty good, alot of my family who is into golf said it's pretty good. Those who play tennis say it's VERY good.
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 23:24   Link #64
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclow View Post
...I think gates is acting too cocky for his own good. Pesonaly my "Bill gates respect meter"(Yes I am unique) just dropped to -100 after reading that article. Trust me, Bill is the biggest xbox360 fanboy in the universe.(Wow this came out weird.)
It's called business. You should go read some of Kazuo Hirai's and Ken Kutaragi's comments on the 360 and the Wii. Same fanboy like quality. However I wouldn't call it that, you got to support the company that pays your check and in Gates case, his company's product. Gate's has actually praised the Wii and PS3 on many different occasions, and also taken a few cheap shots as well. His negative comments are just that typical headstrong business blab. You got to sound confident in your company and product. If he just came out praising their competitors like a Happy Mary Sunshine Hippie, and never said anything negative, that would be a lot worse. That kind of stuff doesn't fly in the business world. Same goes for Nintendo and Sony. You can praise every now and then, but you also got to keep that hardcore business tactics up as well. Thus the cheap shots
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 21:21   Link #65
Anime Online

The production cost of the PS3 as well as the laptop battery recall in late 2006 had hit Sony's pocket hard. Sony's game division will probably be under pressure to recoup this loss as early as possible. Hence, I do not foresee a significant PS3 price drop this year, since it is widely believed Sony currently loses about 200-300 USD per console sold.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 21:30   Link #66
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
It's called business. You should go read some of Kaz Hirai's and Ken Kutaragi's comments on the 360 and the Wii. Same fanboy like quality. However I wouldn't call it that, you got to support the company that pays your check and in Gates case, his company's product. Gate's has actually praised the Wii and PS3 on many different occasions, and also taken a few cheap shots as well. His negative comments are just that typical headstrong business blab. You got to sound confident in your company and product. If he just came out praising their competitors like a Happy Mary Sunshine Hippie, and never said anything negative, that would be a lot worse. That kind of stuff doesn't fly in the business world. Same goes for Nintendo and Sony. You can praise every now and then, but you also got to keep that hardcore business tactics up as well. Thus the cheap shots
Yes I realised this about 4-5 seconds after I posted that comment, but most of his praises are mostly cheap shots in disuise and quite frankly I find gate's
"business blab" to be more irratating then cheap shots.
Old 2007-01-21, 22:03   Link #67
Lebron
I hear voices

Really? Well maybe I'm just use to it, he's been using that same type of talk and tactic since the Mac vs Window days.

However, I can't stand to hear that nut Kaz Hirari's, talk. I swear go look up his comments, they're beyond retarded. I wish Phil Harrison did more of the Sony PR talk, I actually like him, and he doesn't always resort to just bashing his competitors or making retarded comments like Mr. Hirari does.

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-01-21 at 22:16.
Old 2007-01-22, 05:20   Link #68
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Really? Well maybe I'm just use to it, he's been using that same type of talk and tactic since the Mac vs Window days.
To me the words that come out of his mouth(Even during the Mac V Windows days) just seem way too harsh even if your xbox 360 fanboy or windows.(I own a 360 and love it, but he's acting like kaz, too many absurd comments.)

Quote:
However, I can't stand to hear that nut Kaz Hirari's, talk. I swear go look up his comments, they're beyond retarded. I wish Phil Harrison did more of the Sony PR talk, I actually like him, and he doesn't always resort to just bashing his competitors or making retarded comments like Mr. Hirari does.
Yep gotta love sony's recent "emmy scandal"(Though they did win win one they said it was for the sixaxis but it was for the dualshock, and nintendo won the emmy as well), and "The playstation 3 will be 2 to 10 times better than the xbox 360".

Last edited by Theclow; 2007-01-22 at 05:38.
Old 2007-01-22, 08:46   Link #69
Anime Online

Ken Kutaragi, the president of SCEA, is known to sprout off some really wacky stuff too. Excerpts include:

About the PSP:
"I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned architect's blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It's the same as that."

About the PS3:
"[PS3] is not a game machine. We've never once called it a game machine."
"The PlayStation 3 is a computer. We do not need the PC."

About the PS3 hard disk drive:
"We're not going to equip [the PS3 with] a HDD by default, because no matter how much [capacity] we put in it, it won't be enough."

About competition from Microsoft:
"Beating us for a short moment is like accidentally winning a point from a Shihan (Karate master), and Microsoft is still not a black belt."
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 12:52   Link #70
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Sony probably needs to fire their entire mkting research dept and Ken as well...

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 14:11   Link #71
cdtm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
wow. It's like no one considers the ps3 a competition anymore; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkEbkbTTNss&eurl=

¨Nintendo really has hit jack pot this time. way to make a comeback.
You've gotta figure, at current prices this is gonna be a two system generation.

And one's most definately gonna be a wii.
cdtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 14:43   Link #72
Duo
king

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
"[PS3] is not a game machine. We've never once called it a game machine."
"The PlayStation 3 is a computer. We do not need the PC."

About the PS3 hard disk drive:
"We're not going to equip [the PS3 with] a HDD by default, because no matter how much [capacity] we put in it, it won't be enough."
I understand being confident and all, but good god, does Ken even know the specs of his own console? Crazy man.

Sony must be a really fun place to work at.
Duo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 15:35   Link #73
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Well, Sony already tried to start copying Nintendo. Sometime after Nintendo unveiled the secret new controls, Sony announced the Six Axis controller.
I dont know about that.. Sony had a patent for Sixaxis since 99. Dont quote me yet though.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 16:41   Link #74
articocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
wow. It's like no one considers the ps3 a competition anymore; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkEbkbTTNss&eurl=

¨Nintendo really has hit jack pot this time. way to make a comeback.
Bill Gates just trying to destroy Sony's PS legendary status, its the first step towards converting the next generation of fanboys to the xbox, by making the PS3 seem as nothing. PS£ beats xbox in every department, it really is a two horse race between PS3 and Wii, xbox is not in the running apart from its cheap factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd View Post
Actually, given the context we can only interpret this statement by #1. Or, rather, that Gates is hoping to reinforce this impression. The PS3 hasn't sold poorly, per se, but it's not selling enough to dominate the market. Right now, the 360 is the market leader, by virtue of a year head start, with the Wii closing rapidly. The PS3 is also closing on the 360, but at a much slower pace.

Not really true at all.

Relative to xbox360's launch date, PS3 actually performed better, its just they weren't able to supply enough with regards to demand, which might end up biting them in the arse as hype is a lot in this industry, it has to be maintained, which sony has failed, nintendo has done excellently, and xbox has done mediocre.
articocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 19:34   Link #75
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
I dont know about that.. Sony had a patent for Sixaxis since 99. Dont quote me yet though.
And Microsoft released the SideWinder Freestyle Pro in '98, which is pretty much the same as the Sixaxis, with the whole tilt technology and all. And before that a company came out with a controller that did the same thing, as well. Can't remember the details of it though, just saying it nothing new, or revolutionary. So I wouldn't say Sony copied Nintendo. Now the Dual Shock controller was a copy off Nintendo's N64 controller, with the included Rumble and Analog. Still I wouldn't really call it a copy like a bash, just that it pushed the industry forward. Like in the automobile business, sure they had cars that were first to have like ABS, Seat Belts, Heat Warmer Seats, Side Air Bags, etc. But a lot of those features are present in a lot of vehicle's now, and in some cases, become a standard for all.