AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-05-31, 11:27   Link #381
Lord Uiruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
For some reason, I think Shakuyaku and Paula have some kind of family relationship.

Shakuyaku wore clothes which had a spider drawn on it and Paula's shop is named Spider's Cafe.

They both own a bar/cafe and they also both smoke.
hmm.. could just be coincidence...
Lord Uiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 12:35   Link #382
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpelDown View Post
He said he thinks, so I don't think he was 100% on it.
That's because he only knows so much. Bellamy is too important a character to die so easily.

Quote:
Uhh, I didn't see a theory in what he said. He just said he would like to see Ace die.
Which may not come true like he would expect.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 15:07   Link #383
ImpelDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
That's because he only knows so much. Bellamy is too important a character to die so easily.

Which may not come true like he would expect.
He said he can't see it happening, so I don't think he's expecting it.
ImpelDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 16:06   Link #384
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
He said he can't see it happening, so I don't think he's expecting it.
ye...am not expecting it, id just like it to happen, One Piece could do with some tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
That's because he only knows so much. Bellamy is too important a character to die so easily..
its my opinion hes the only character to die thus far, i dont view him as anybody important, just a lacky...but at the same time, i wouldnt be suprised if he is alive....since Oda doesnt kill characters, so meh
Old 2009-05-31, 16:28   Link #385
SMASHERJACKSON

heres my baseless theory:

one piece

one peace

want peace

roger :"MY TREASURE, ONE PIECE, GO TO THAT PLACE I LEFT IT THERE!"

"if u you want peace, go to that place, the sea"

luffy : "the pirate king is the one with the most freedom on the sea"

one piece is peace and freedom

baseless theory no2:

pirates do and get what they want, good ones try to do this in the best/right way, bad ones take the quickest route to this regardless

BB inst rly pure evil just a ruthless opertunist, though as a result his actions have been evil,
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 22:26   Link #386
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

We're going into a little bit of speculation in the chapter 544 thread, so I thought I'd just post my own speculation here.

I think Whitebeard will win the war but die from it.

Both sides will suffer major damage and the balance of powers collapses completely. Shichibukai goes out of control and all of them starts doing their own plans.

Maybe Kuma goes with Dragon, Doflamingo starts his new era, Blackbeard proceeds with his plans, Hancock returns to Amazon Lily, Jinbei brings Luffy to Merman Island. Maybe Crocodile even rebuilds Baroque Works or similar organisation.

Then from the chaos a whole lot of pirates crosses over Red Line into the New World, officially starting the new era, everyone getting a step closer to One Piece.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 15:28   Link #387
29pav

I just watched the latest ep of one piece does Sentoumaru use dials like impact or axe or does he use a haki power because he clams he doesnt have a df i think that dr Vegapunk invented his own impact dial or something similiar
29pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 18:44   Link #388
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29pav View Post
I just watched the latest ep of one piece does Sentoumaru use dials like impact or axe or does he use a haki power because he clams he doesnt have a df i think that dr Vegapunk invented his own impact dial or something similiar
I wouldn't be surprised; they've implied that Vegapunk was able to not simply build lasers but to actually replicate Kizaru's ability into the Pacifista so something like using experimental dials or abilities on his subordinate (Sentoumaru) wouldn't be a far fetched notion.

Also, it would go in line with a somewhat comical realization I had a while back in comparing Sentoumaru to Sasuke.
At first, it was purely for laughs:

-The "Tomoe" on Sentoumaru's outfit are eerily similar to the Sharingan.
-The "bow-tie" in the back of their outfits.
-The fact that Sentoumaru openly states that he isn't a braggart only to gloat about his abilities is a good nod to fans' interpretations of Sasuke
-Each are (or were) "lap-dogs" of the resident "Evil Genius" of the series.
-Both have had very one-sided encounters with the hero/main cast of protagonists.

If you could stretch that out to compare Vegapunk to Orochimaru, the implication that Vega would experiment on his ward is right there.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 12:21   Link #389
Uncreativex

As I've posted in the questions thread before, I don't think Kuina, Zoro's prodigious friend, is dead. When I watched the flash backs sometime ago, I got that vibe. For one, we didn't see her actual death, we never got a specific cause of death I believe, or anyway it was something vague and seemingly trivial, and we didn't see her funeral. Nothing I've seen so far guarantees she's not Tashigi, though I'm only at the Skypea arch, but I really hope not. Anyhow, if by the series end there's no more of Kuina, I'll be damn surprised.
Uncreativex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 14:06   Link #390
Azncoke123

She was in the coffin...
Azncoke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 15:01   Link #391
SMASHERJACKSON

im curious as to who will be the final combat opponents for the SH crew, at the moment the BB crew seem to be the most likey candidate but even then its still not so clear

Sanji - anyone in the BB crew to be his kicking counterpart? perhaps Lafitte? but what about Kizaru who thus far sems to hav the most powerful kick and a general kick user - unless ofcourse kizaru is defeated before that as he doesnt seem to be more pf a pawn in the overall story so far.

Zoro - surely Mhawk? but then what to make of shiryuu unless he doesnt join BB crew - but even if he does, if shiryuu is beaten after mihawk would that not cheapen the title of the worlds best swordsman? though i expect shiryuu to end up being a DF user whilst mihawk to be a pure swordsman

Franky - Vegapank or Burgess? one is a engineer type whilst other a strong combat type, it could work that both are defeated beforeor after the other as theyre strenghts seem to lie in different fields.

Chopper - so far Doc Q seems to be the most likely opponent for him, but what of his horse? a competent fighter on the level of the rest of the BB crew itself or DocQ's tool?

Usopp - Yasopp? or Van Auger? if the BB crew do become the strongest bar the SH crew in the end then it would make sense for sogeking to learn some tricks via battling his old man first before going up against van auger.

Nami/Robin/Brooke - no idea

it could also be that it ends up as a 2 vs 1 fight for some of the BB vs SH crew as so far the BB crew is fewer in number

Also wondering will the SH crew go up against the RH crew in at least a friendly sparring match to compare strenght? and how about vs one of the other 2 yonkou crews?

also will the Admirals ever be defeated by the SH crew? 2 out of 3 of them hav interfered quite heavily in there matters so far and hav fought with them

Kuma - will the SH crew redeem themselves as competent fighters or was that really the last time they will ever see him?

Gorousei - idk abou u but they seem to be a sort of crew aswel, with one being in possesion of a sword, and all having impressive body structures suggesting theyre combatants themselves

guess well find out in due time
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 14:47   Link #392
Uncreativex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
She was in the coffin...
Hardly proof that she's dead. I just think that it's weird that Zoro's (and Zoro is, imo, the second most important character in OP) most major influence just dies so vaguely. There's little character developement in OP, Luffy is still ignorant and strong, Zoro hasn't changed much since meeting Luffy, he's still irate and sleepy, Usopp is still the weakest member of the crew, a liar and a coward and Nami hasn't changed much. Imo, Kuina seems the most major character in Zoro's life, even after supposedly dying early, she was the one who founded his career as a swordsman and gave him dreams of being the best in the world, something that hasn't changed since Luffy. That such a character just vaguely dies in some unnamed accident with little to no explanation seems completely off. I've got a nasty feeling she's Tashigi, but I'm still crossing my fingers for her to be some "evil" great swordswoman now, perhaps in one of the lesser explored areas of OP.
Old 2009-06-19, 18:25   Link #393
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncreativex View Post
Imo, Kuina seems the most major character in Zoro's life, even after supposedly dying early, she was the one who founded his career as a swordsman and gave him dreams of being the best in the world, something that hasn't changed since Luffy. That such a character just vaguely dies in some unnamed accident with little to no explanation seems completely off.
The specific accident was that Kuina: "slipped down a flight of stairs and snapped her neck, attempting to retrieve Wado in order to sharpen the blade"

Now that that is out of the way, what would you really expect out of Kuina being miraculously alive? Where's the interest? We've seen this story before in Inuyasha and honestly I felt that would have been worlds better if we had just stuck to Kagome without using Kikyou as a constant catalyst. One could just as easily bring Tashigi into the story more rather than set up a "reincarnated" Kuina and the situations in the former would probably be a lot more interesting and just not as... cheesy as the latter.

As to the other point of Tashigi being Kuina... eh, its better than the above option. Honestly though, the second the Strawhats were separated and it was revealed that Zoro was with Perona, I figured this would be a good opurtunity to get some closer on the whole Kuina thing, what with her being a "ghost-princess" of sorts.

Last edited by BlackNhite; 2009-06-19 at 18:26. Reason: Sorry, missed a few details on the accident
Old 2009-06-20, 03:38   Link #394
Uncreativex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
The specific accident was that Kuina: "slipped down a flight of stairs and snapped her neck, attempting to retrieve Wado in order to sharpen the blade"

Now that that is out of the way, what would you really expect out of Kuina being miraculously alive? Where's the interest? We've seen this story before in Inuyasha and honestly I felt that would have been worlds better if we had just stuck to Kagome without using Kikyou as a constant catalyst. One could just as easily bring Tashigi into the story more rather than set up a "reincarnated" Kuina and the situations in the former would probably be a lot more interesting and just not as... cheesy as the latter.

As to the other point of Tashigi being Kuina... eh, its better than the above option. Honestly though, the second the Strawhats were separated and it was revealed that Zoro was with Perona, I figured this would be a good opurtunity to get some closer on the whole Kuina thing, what with her being a "ghost-princess" of sorts.
What's cheesy in OP is how Pell survived carrying that bomb into the air, or people getting shocked by Enel and their voices disappearing not actually being dead etc. I can scarcely think of a better way to make it seem as though a character died other than what Oda used; making it really vague and hardly in uniform with traditional deaths in (shounen) manga/fiction.

Note that I do not really think she'll come back, but I damn hope she will. Far more interesting than the constant fat, toothless villains with ridiculous weapons that are brought forth.
Old 2009-06-20, 15:18   Link #395
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
What's cheesy in OP is how Pell survived carrying that bomb into the air, or people getting shocked by Enel and their voices disappearing not actually being dead etc. I can scarcely think of a better way to make it seem as though a character died other than what Oda used; making it really vague and hardly in uniform with traditional deaths in (shounen) manga/fiction.
I think Oda's done his best to convey that no one dies in current story time period. There's really no good reason for it and Oda doesn't seem to care whether his fans like it or despise it: he is the author and that's just the way he runs his show. I think that alone makes this a rather unique kind of shounen for an equally unique audience.

Quote:
Note that I do not really think she'll come back, but I damn hope she will.
Again; Perona, ghost princess, I think we have a good chance of seeing Kuina again. That's beside the point on my part though since I know what you hope for is a "physical" reappearance which I see no reason to try to disprove, what good would arguing that further do for either of us?

Quote:
Far more interesting than the constant fat, toothless villains with ridiculous weapons that are brought forth.
If that's your opinion, personally I like that Oda has such... oddities in his character design. I like Eyeshield 21, Shaman King, and Gash Bell for much the same reasons; it feels like the series doesn't take itself too seriously which is always a plus in my book.

But Oda caters to every crowd, he's had his fair share of "kick ass" villians with Crocodile, Lucci, Das Bones, Kuro, Mihawk and he's only half way done so there's still room for more great villians.
Old 2009-06-20, 17:06   Link #396
Uncreativex

Quote:
But Oda caters to every crowd, he's had his fair share of "kick ass" villians with Crocodile, Lucci, Das Bones, Kuro, Mihawk and he's only half way done so there's still room for more great villians.
Crocodile was a pretty good foe, atleast the voice actor was great with that "dry" laughter (fitting with his drought/sand theme), but both Mihawk and Kuro (if Kuro refers to the early guy with the claws and disappearances) are what I'd call ridiculous. One goes around with a sword that makes Berserk's Dragonslayer or Final Fantasy's Masamune look realistic, and the other.. well.

The biggest drawbackl for me with OP is the childishness and portrayal, I guess it's a "hate it or love it" thing. I'm the kind of guy who prefers old rivals and shocking revelations etc before constant new waves of enemies I guess. Then again, I suppose my opinion is kinda moot here, since I'm the kind of guy who has Claymore and Death Note as his favorite manga while finding Bleach and Naruto too unserious.
Old 2009-06-21, 18:52   Link #397
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Crocodile was a pretty good foe, atleast the voice actor was great with that "dry" laughter (fitting with his drought/sand theme), but both Mihawk and Kuro (if Kuro refers to the early guy with the claws and disappearances) are what I'd call ridiculous. One goes around with a sword that makes Berserk's Dragonslayer or Final Fantasy's Masamune look realistic, and the other.. well.
Yes, Crocodile is probably still the top rated villian of One Piece, he just played the field so well with his planning.

"Ridiculous" as he was, Kuro was pretty much the turning point in my One Piece experience, even in the 4kids dub he kinda freaked the shit out of me. I'd never known someone willing to go that far for something so mundane as personal comfort... or at least I'd never realized I knew any villian like that.

I'll get back to you on Mihawk...

Quote:
The biggest drawbackl for me with OP is the childishness and portrayal, I guess it's a "hate it or love it" thing. I'm the kind of guy who prefers old rivals and shocking revelations etc before constant new waves of enemies I guess. Then again, I suppose my opinion is kinda moot here, since I'm the kind of guy who has Claymore and Death Note as his favorite manga while finding Bleach and Naruto too unserious.
It's an acquired taste I suppose, I'm fortunate enough to be a "worldly" person and can go from reading Gash Bell to Elfen Lied and then to something like Bitter Virgin and find them all equally enjoyable.

Claymore and Death Note huh? So your a fan of seinen manga (shounen for grown-ups). I have a friend who's really into the Claymore manga, it's probably his favorite series next to Jo-jo's Bizarre Adventure.
I've only really seen one episode of Death Note that caught my interest but since L's died I've fallen out of the series.
If you have the time, I recommend AIKI and Veritas, two very good fighting series if a bit hard to follow at times (especially the latter). Since you like Death Note, check out Akumetsu as well; very similar themes and it get's just plain "out there" at points.

Also, just to put it out there, I find it funny that you find Mihawk's sword size a tad ludicrous and can be a Claymore fan. I find that pretty funny especially with the way my friend describes the series.

Last edited by BlackNhite; 2009-06-22 at 16:04. Reason: I'm not done talking computer!
Old 2009-06-22, 00:59   Link #398
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Claymore and Death Note
They're both Shonen FYI.
Old 2009-06-22, 04:27   Link #399
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
They're both Shonen FYI.
Very high shounen then from what I've seen of each series.
Old 2009-06-22, 05:37   Link #400
Uncreativex

Quote:

Claymore and Death Note huh? So your a fan of seinen manga (shounen for grown-ups). I have a friend who's really into the Claymore manga, it's probably his favorite series next to Jo-jo's Bizarre Adventure.
I've only really seen one episode of Death Note that caught my interest but since L's died I've fallen out of the series.
If you have the time, I recommend AIKI and Veritas, two very good fighting series if a bit hard to follow at times (especially the latter). Since you like Death Note, check out Akumetsu as well; very similar themes and it get's just plain "out there" at points.
I'll check out AIKI and Veritas, but I read the first 50 or so chapters of Akumetsu and didn't like it much.

Quote:
Also, just to put it out there, I find it funny that you find Mihawk's sword size a tad ludicrous and can be a Claymore fan. I find that pretty funny especially with the way my friend describes the series.
In terms of size and shape the Claymore swords aren't too out there, they're closer to large Zweihanders (German great swords) than (Irish) Claymores though. The thing is that they're supposed to weigh more than a normal human can use efficiently and are made of an insanely tough steel (later explained to be from somewhere far away from the setting), but the fact that Claymores are clearly described to be super human makes it okay. At first I though it was a Mark Twain thing, but since there are normal swords involved for human characters...

That reminds me, has there been any explaination why people can fall like a hundred feet with little damage or how even loads of marines can take thousands of push-ups in this series?