Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-31, 04:41   Link #661
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Seems like PS3 is going to have a competitor again
What are you talking about? Last I heard the PS3 still didn't sell that well.
Old 2009-08-31, 06:01   Link #662
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
What are you talking about? Last I heard the PS3 still didn't sell that well.
Yeah don't know how it is with the ps3 slim, but before that the 360 was still outselling the ps3 in recent weekly sales.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 11:05   Link #663
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Even with 250GB, it still isn't very encouraging until Microsoft removes the problematic RRoD.
Elites have a very small chance of RRoD'ing so a Super Elite should have less chances of RRoD'ing.

I dont like the name Super Elite it sounds kiddy, doesnt suit the Xbox 360. Xbox Commando sounds much better in my opinion.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 11:21   Link #664
Da~Mike

^ I'm not too sure about that, owning an Elite myself (but don't actually have it with me ).
I'm sure I've seen pictures and blogs about Elites getting RROD as well but one thing for certain is, almost all the pics of Elite RRODs I've seen were placed vertically, blocking one of the big vents of the machine.
And even if they release a Mega or Ultra Elite, I'm not upgrading till Natal shows any sign of promise (though Edge Magazine seems quite impressed).

Last edited by Da~Mike; 2009-09-01 at 11:21. Reason: s
Da~Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 14:09   Link #665
rg4619

AFAIK, the chances of premature failure are affected by the motherboard/chipset revision and not the retail SKU.

Basically, the new Jasper model (65 nm manufacturing process for the GPU) is supposed to be better since it requires less power and generates less heat. However, these units haven't been on the market long enough to gauge long-term reliability.

Pre-2009 Elites feature the Zephyr or Falcon motherboards and are thus prone to higher failure rates (although not on the level of the initial Xenon models).
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 15:34   Link #666
Da~Mike

^ Indeed. As much as I like the Xbox, I'm not entirely convinced that RROD is gone with the Jasper models. It'll take at least 2-3 years to verify that.
It does suck to buy a console knowing that it may very well fail on you after a few years.
But heck, it's still cheaper than buying a PC of similar graphical capability.
Old 2009-09-02, 19:13   Link #667
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

This might be an old question asked since the release of the PS3 but am I the only one who finds it completely retarded that the PS3 has use of things created by MICROSOFT (Word etc....) however Xbox 360 doesnt even have a freaking internet browser there have been many times I have wanted to use my 360 for browsing stuff on the web but alas I cannot

Old 2009-09-02, 20:18   Link #668
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Found this article regarding the 360's failure rate since the jasper.

To add to that I work in the retail business and sell 360's quite freqently and in fairness I cant even remember the last time I had a faulty 360 back So they must be doing the trick.

At the moment I own all both systems but the 360 gets the most use solely because I like the controller and live alot more than the ps3s offerings.

I dont really want nor need a net brower, Thats what my laptops and PC's for.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 09:59   Link #669
tkdtiger

are there any anime style games for the 360...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 11:50   Link #670
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

You mean cell shading game ? Tales of Vesperia ? (which is a great RPG )
Old 2009-09-03, 11:55   Link #671
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Eternal sonata is another.

Graphicly and gamplay wise its alot better than tales imo.

Old 2009-09-03, 12:43   Link #672
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post

From what I've heard Eternel Sonata doesn't seems to be a great game
Old 2009-09-03, 14:05   Link #673
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
Nu uh! ): <
imo lol
Old 2009-09-03, 14:10   Link #674
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:

Graphicwise I can agree to that in a way... but gameplay wise? I don't think so.
Old 2009-09-03, 14:48   Link #675
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Cave...Regional Free Mushi Futari...Possible NA release or XBLA. Either way, plans announced for some sort of worldwide release for their games.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-09-03, 20:37   Link #676
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
From what I've heard Eternel Sonata doesn't seems to be a great game
It's a good game but cutscenes are really long and like most RPGs monster battles can get repetitive and you can lose track of what you are supposed to do.

Old 2009-09-03, 21:45   Link #677
Xion Valkyrie

I don't really like how a lot of the good Xbox 360 games are also out for the PC, which makes the 360 really not a very good buy when you already have a decent PC =/
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 13:37   Link #678
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Graphicwise I can agree to that in a way... but gameplay wise? I don't think so.
Each to their I guess.

I definatly enjoyed eternal sonata more than what I played of tales of vesperia.

Granded I only played a brief stint of tales but I certainly thought eternal sonata had a more fun "pick up and play factor."

Also loved the whole Light and dark battle/attack system aswell as the combo system.

I'm not a massive rpg buff and Tales may have a better story thoughout (not that i'd really know) but eternal sonata was just more fun to play imho.

Old 2009-09-12, 08:07   Link #679
Da~Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
It's a good game but cutscenes are really long and like most RPGs monster battles can get repetitive and you can lose track of what you are supposed to do.
I've never tried eternal sonata but I did try the demo of Tales of Vesperia and it seemed fun enough, though as with all JRPGs, the grinding and nigh endless random battles irritates me quite easily...
But of course, I felt the same way playing more recent CRPGs (or rather, Western RPGs) such as Fallout 3.
How does Star Ocean Last Hope compare to Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia? I recently bought the game and played it for 15 minutes and didn't feel compelled to play any further...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I don't really like how a lot of the good Xbox 360 games are also out for the PC, which makes the 360 really not a very good buy when you already have a decent PC =/
Very true, and precisely what I thought before I bought myself an Xbox 360. There are the few exclusives on the Xbox that may warrant its purchase, for my case that happened to be Ace Combat 6. Also, other games like say Prince of Persia or Tomb Raider feel more fun to play in front a HD tv than a much smaller PC screen (and the comfort of sitting on the sofa while playing).
Though having grown up playing FPS games on the PC, I can't say I enjoy playing the likes of Halo, or any other FPS for that matter on the Xbox, even if I get the added hand vibrators for additional sensual stimuli.
The controls are nowhere near as fluid and precise as the keyboard and mouse combo.
But the Xbox 360 controller is very nice. ergonomic controller. Much better than the Playstation controller in many respects, except when it comes to Street Fighter dpad input type games.
Old 2009-09-12, 17:54   Link #680
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da~Mike View Post
I've never tried eternal sonata but I did try the demo of Tales of Vesperia and it seemed fun enough, though as with all JRPGs, the grinding and nigh endless random battles irritates me quite easily...
But of course, I felt the same way playing more recent CRPGs (or rather, Western RPGs) such as Fallout 3.
How does Star Ocean Last Hope compare to Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia? I recently bought the game and played it for 15 minutes and didn't feel compelled to play any further...
My sister has played Star Ocean and says the combat is much slower than Eternal Sonata and gets boring and the auto target system sucks so she doesnt play it. I have never played it myself but from what I have seen Eternal Sonata is better, if you have time to sit through constant cutscenes