AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-28, 21:56   Link #1241
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Hmm, you know, in the epilogue Canaan seems to have shifted her base of operations to somewhere less trashed-up and (I think) less populated/busy. I wonder if her new house is still in China or whether she's moved to another country?

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2009-09-28 at 22:33.
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 22:25   Link #1242
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Who is your favorite couple?
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 00:38   Link #1243
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show and for the most part met my high expectations, but plot-wise really suffered from having only one cour. A lot of relationships were rushed or just thrown in out of the blue, and there was little room for character development ... it's silly when you think about it but the only character that actually has reflected on their life in order to transcend was ... Yun²

Also I was also somewhat disappointed with how they wrapped things with Alphard, conceptually not a bad direction, but came out of the blue and ruined her mysteriousness ... cough ... lack of development ... cough ...

For the most part Liang and Hakkoo made the show for me, Canaan and Maria had a lot interesting moment, but these were outweighted by the boring ones.

Anyway, finally a TYPE-MOON show on TV that got a good looking adaption. Awesome action, beautiful art, nice VA, decent plot, a wide variety of characters ... lacking though in development.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 01:47   Link #1244
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But Shiki's third form is all powerful and all knowing IIRC. In the end it's like a slightly powerful human fighting a god. Canaan couldn't survive that form imo. 2nd form would give you a quick one-sided event in SHIKI's favor. SHIKI and Shiki annihilate you at your death lines while Canaan is stuck using human methods in the end.
Yep. I'm not talking about the god-moded stuff. Just the most human-like powers of Shiki. Which is only fair. Otherwise, it'd be Darkseid versus Batman. Both very powerful, but we know who'd win that one.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 02:53   Link #1245
epl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show and for the most part met my high expectations, but plot-wise really suffered from having only one cour. A lot of relationships were rushed or just thrown in out of the blue, and there was little room for character development ... it's silly when you think about it but the only character that actually has reflected on their life in order to transcend was ... Yun²

Also I was also somewhat disappointed with how they wrapped things with Alphard, conceptually not a bad direction, but came out of the blue and ruined her mysteriousness ... cough ... lack of development ... cough ...

For the most part Liang and Hakkoo made the show for me, Canaan and Maria had a lot interesting moment, but these were outweighted by the boring ones.

Anyway, finally a TYPE-MOON show on TV that got a good looking adaption. Awesome action, beautiful art, nice VA, decent plot, a wide variety of characters ... lacking though in development.
Not really a TYPE-MOON show. They only provided an extra scenario at the of the 428 game, which the studio did the anime afterwards. They did not have part in this show.

I thought the show was ok but the plot was really weak. It disappointed me because I had high expectations for this show because of PA Works, a little TYPE-MOON involvement, great cast, and the Sword of the Strangers director.

6/10 for me.
epl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 05:07   Link #1246
klare

Quote:
*Maria is nowhere to be found in the title.
*YunYun returns to help Canaan and Alphard.
seeing how hardworking Yun Yun is, she may be too busy as her bun business would have expanded to the whole of China

and i dont find Maria is that bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Kitsune View Post
i like Alphard x Canaan but i think it is impossible

so i will go with Cummings x Liang Qi
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 08:28   Link #1247
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Spoiler:

Here's the particular chopper that the Daedala PMC uses as their primary chopper of choice. Is it a Sikorsky model?
It's this one.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 08:42   Link #1248
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Ewwwww....

My seaaon 2 wishlist...

*Alphard gets a bionic arm and returns badder than before.
Fullmetal Alphard.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 08:46   Link #1249
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Yep. I'm not talking about the god-moded stuff. Just the most human-like powers of Shiki. Which is only fair. Otherwise, it'd be Darkseid versus Batman. Both very powerful, but we know who'd win that one.
Even human-level Shiki would win, since she can dodge bullets. And in close-hand combat, well, Canaan would be fucked.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 11:43   Link #1250
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Even human-level Shiki would win, since she can dodge bullets. And in close-hand combat, well, Canaan would be fucked.
Plus for Shiki, we don't know the combat effective range for her powers. Canaan could be running towards her and Shiki slashes at a distance with Canaan becomes so many pounds of meat.

I voted Alphard x Canaan.
Old 2009-09-29, 11:44   Link #1251
Satch
Synesthete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Kitsune View Post
Alphard x Satch

I picked Alphard x Canaan though. There wasn't an Alphard x Satch option for some reason...

Quote:
I wonder if her new house is still in China or whether she's moved to another country?
I liked her old home a lot more, despite how run down it was. It had more character, imo.

And whenever somebody mentions Shiki can dodge bullets, I think to myself, "So what? So can Canaan." Then I realize how ridiculously irrelevant that is because Shiki doesn't use a gun.
Satch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 14:56   Link #1252
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satch View Post
Alphard x Satch

I picked Alphard x Canaan though. There wasn't an Alphard x Satch option for some reason...
Come on.

If that would work, then I should have voted on Canaan/Hakko x Me.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 16:48   Link #1253
Solafighter
Hige

I just finished watching Canaan.

Well from my point of view, the first episode is awsome.
But then coming to the middle of the season, it had a kinda gap but it made the ending interesting.
All in one an interesting story, that is worth to watch.
Old 2009-09-29, 20:30   Link #1254
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Because the expressions in Canaan were depicted so well, almost every character deserves a post :P

1001 Expressions of Yunyun
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 22:08   Link #1255
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Well, finally got some time in my busy schedule to finish this. Ending wasn't what I was expecting, but it was interesting nonetheless. I'm a sucker for "What are they doing now" pieces.
Spoiler:

Series as a whole is recommendable. Pacing was for the most part consistent, but I would have to agree with some of you in that the halfway point was lacking. Action scenes were great and characters likable. Overall, I was satisfied.

As for talks of season 2, I'd rather like to see a 428 animooted, or the team tackle an entirely different project with a similar genre.

Also, lol TYPE MOON power levels discussion.

I'm a little sad that C76 came by without any good Canaan doujin being made/scanned ;_;
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 23:13   Link #1256
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Also, lol TYPE MOON power levels discussion.
TYPE MOON power level discussion? I don't think it's quite at that level yet. It just isn't the same thing without people claiming Tohno Shiki can kill Servants and pwn Beserker.

*ahem, back on subject of Canaan now.
I feel like if they ever decide to do a season 2, there's plenty of details and plot left that could be used.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 00:12   Link #1257
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was just reading a blog post on top characters in current anime. One of the categories was "top character ability or power" and I realized how incredible Hakko's voice attack was, especially the surprise of it at first.

I actually thought the way they portrayed synaesthesia was a little lame, maybe except that initial time when the shooters became so obvious -- but I never quite grasped how that was synaesthesia.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 02:47   Link #1258
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol voice attack. That's, like, the kind of attack a seiyuu would get if they were in some cheesy Pokemon rip off.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 04:09   Link #1259
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

I actually thought the way they portrayed synaesthesia was a little lame, maybe except that initial time when the shooters became so obvious -- but I never quite grasped how that was synaesthesia.

The thing is synaesthesia by its definition could not be shown by sight alone. Its like describing colours to blind person.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 06:23   Link #1260
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
TYPE MOON power level discussion? I don't think it's quite at that level yet. It just isn't the same thing without people claiming Tohno Shiki can kill Servants and pwn Beserker.

*ahem, back on subject of Canaan now.
I feel like if they ever decide to do a season 2, there's plenty of details and plot left that could be used.
... How long has it been since I've seen someone mentioning "TYPE-MOON power level discussions" since this thread started... Heh, I'd like to think that it can never be started. AT ALL.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animage, type moon