AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-11-22, 13:16   Link #1981
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Also, I assure you. The moment SEED changes staff will be the moment that they confirm Kira loving fllay.
I doubt it, considering Fllay is one of the most hated characters in SEED, and that the vast majority of fans actually cheered when she was killed off.
Also, the lack of emotions that we, western audience, shun it's what makes Kira and Lacus the ideal couple for the Japanese fans, thus... I don't think they'd ever change the fact those two were meant to be together, and that their past relationships are irrelevant.

Now, can we speak of anything else than fanfictions and denials?
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 13:21   Link #1982
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post

Now, can we speak of anything else than fanfictions and denials?
Well I think we can talk about the relationship bewteen Kira and Cagalli in Seed.

I'm the only one who think that Cagalli love Kira more than Athrun but because Kira is her brother, she has chosen Athun ?
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 16:29   Link #1983
GundamFan

Quote:
Also, I assure you. The moment SEED changes staff will be the moment that they confirm Kira loving fllay. Not sure? Ask Breman on how JJ Abrams made Trek count again.
Even if staff changes are made I don't think they will either confirm or deny any sort of change on position since that would be opening a can of worms again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Well I think we can talk about the relationship bewteen Kira and Cagalli in Seed.

I'm the only one who think that Cagalli love Kira more than Athrun but because Kira is her brother, she has chosen Athun ?
Yeah your not the only one who thought that. The feelings between Cagalli and Kira were obivous enough that when they revealed they were brother and sister it was one of those eww moments that sends a chill up your spine.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 22:17   Link #1984
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Um, review the scene. I'm sure you're practically/conviniently forgetting the fact that logical progression has been at work here. Surely the flashbacks have been from least connected to really close. Deny all you want, but Kira's let out more emotion during Fllay's death than any other scene in Destiny. Athrun had to literally go on a speech on how Lacus is important before Kira got to the Eternal's rescue. In contrast, the moment Kira knew Fllay was in that shuttle, he rushed to it. So I'm not sure where you're getting.

Oh, lol that was before they were separated from each other, physically. The moment Kira heard Fllay's voice eminating from the escape pod, he was already trying to rescue Fllay.
I'm not conveniently forgetting, while it's true that Fllay was the most important person he had to protect, that does not confirm any signs of a relationship. Last time I checked, Kira was not a lolicon, nor did he have sex with Tolle. (Well...not to my knowledge, anyways), so Fllay has that addedddd advantage. If you actually want to legally compare the feelings of the two, then you'd pretty much have to kill Lacus at the same time.

And that's hardly a fair comparison, Kira was stuck in Earth where he had to protect the Archangel, while Lacus is thousands of miles away in space. Kira had wanted to go after her, but he was feeling conflicted, and Athrun simply gave him that extra little push he needed. While Fllay, is 3 bleeding seconds away from Freedom's grasp when he saw her.

It's pretty much like saying I love my PS3 a shitload more than my X-box 360 because my PS3 is in my room while the 360 is in my friend's house, and when I get bored, I go to my PS3 first. That's not love, that's just me doing the most convenient thing at the time. Hell, a near random-stranger could have been in that pod and Kira would have gone to it. That's just the kind of guy he is. Overblowing it to say that Kira loves Fllay is a bit of an extension.

Err, so you're saying they weren't together, and that's what made them a couple? Say what? XD

Quote:
The truth? Surely there's no lamer excuse than that. Hiding on a piece of paper that says X doesn't love Y because Z said so, is a lame excuse. You can't even defend K x L without relying on that stupid buttkissing piece of paper. Why? because you know that It isn't the truth. You know that if you analyze the episode, and not word-of-god, you don't have anything except from the assurance of your buddy, Fukuda.

I respect K x L but to say that the other pairing doesn't exist because of a lame technical excuse is total disrespect to what that couple went through.

I leave you with this tidbit: Roddenberry never said that Spock x Uhura were to be a couple, look what Abrams did. Word of God statements aren't even definite.
I honestly don't give a rat's ass which pairing is "canon" or whatever, as far as I'm concerned, Mu x Murrue is the best pairing in the whole goddamn CE universe, but let's face it here, K x L is CANON. You cannot argue against goddamn CANON. It's not even like Code Geass, where Taniguchi never blatantly show who is most canon, Fukuda made it MIND-NUMBINGLY OBVIOUS that K x L is CANON. Every goddamn scene they were together, you can imagine that angels would be singing in the background, dancing merrily in the skies.

I'm not saying Kira and Fllay doesn't exist because Fukuda said so, I'm saying that because Fllay is DEAD. Unless you are saying Kira is a freaking NECROPHILE. K x F was canon in early parts of SEED, and hell, maybe even through to the last parts, where Kira was still undecided between the two, but fact is, by GSD, K x L is goddamn CANON. And like it or not, GSD is a DIRECT sequel to Gundam SEED. So while I respect any and all shipping, by GSD, K x F doesn't exist, because she is DEAD. To argue otherwise would be stupid. Yes, they had a relationship, a tainted one, and yes, probably they both cared for each other to a certain degree, but arguing against canon is basically just mindless shipping.

And I leave you this tidbit, I wrote a fanfic yesterday about Gundam SEED where Kira x Cagalli is canon, and they had nice twincest shmexxxxxxxxxx, oh god it was so hot, but oh shizzzzz, right, never happened in the CE universe. And psch, for what's worth, JJ Abrams basically retold the whole story. We'll get to the whole K x F again 50 years into the future when some Sunrise exec decide to tell the story again, mmkay?

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 22:29   Link #1985
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Okay, it is sounding like KaLulu all over again. Time to bail; you guys already ruined one show for me.
Old 2010-11-22, 22:46   Link #1986
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Wow. I was gonna make some counterpoints to aeriolewinters's statements...but that was before I saw like 3 pages of several people bombarding her with facts. Now I'd just feel bad.

Also, I thought I'd mention that even though people have a right to dislike Kira/Lacus because of its puritan Japaneseness (which honestly doesn't bother me, they keep their business to themselves), the idea that any relationship is "more real" just because the people involved are manipulated and mindfucked and unhappy until the very end where they may or may not feel love is a big LOL. It's almost sadistic. Matter of fact, we have a term for those kinds of relationships in real life:

Bad/toxic relationships.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 22:51   Link #1987
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Wow. I was gonna make some counterpoints to aeriolewinters's statements...but that was before I saw like 3 pages of several people bombarding her with facts.

Now I'd just feel bad.
This is why I hate myself whenever I become attached to a pairing in a series: there will alwaysalwaysalways be fanatics who try to ruin it for everyone else if their views don't coincide with their own. SEED ships can be particularly bad about that.
Old 2010-11-22, 22:53   Link #1988
AlphaDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
This is why I hate myself whenever I become attached to a pairing in a series: there will alwaysalwaysalways be fanatics who try to ruin it for everyone else if their views don't coincide with their own. SEED ships can be particularly bad about that.
Shipping: Serious Business.

Anyways, I think it's time to jump off this fun train of wacky shipping madness before mods get involved.
Old 2010-11-22, 22:59   Link #1989
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Shipping: Serious Business.

Anyways, I think it's time to jump off this fun train of wacky shipping madness before mods get involved.
Oh please. Don't be ridiculous. The mods don't give a shit about this place unless someone tells them straight up something bad is happening, and 90% of the time, I'm the one telling them that!
Old 2010-11-23, 01:02   Link #1990
Kusa-San

Yeah well I have already recieved two bad rep just because I have stated facts (even in the CG thread I have not recieved so much) Damn it, it's not my fault if it's official that Kira doesn't love one of them in Seed

And it's not the same thing than CG since in Seed we have official relationship chart.
Old 2010-11-23, 01:03   Link #1991
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Yeah well I have already recieved two bad rep just because I have stated facts (even in the CG thread I have not recieved so much) Damn it, it's not my fault if it's official that Kira doesn't love one of them in Seed

And it's not the same thing than CG since in Seed we have official relationship chart.
CG has an official relationship chart too, actually.
Old 2010-11-23, 01:06   Link #1992
Kusa-San

Quote:
CG has an official relationship chart too, actually.
Ah ? I don't remember it all ?
Old 2010-11-23, 01:08   Link #1993
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Ah ? I don't remember it all ?
It was released in a guidebook after R2. You can find it somewhere in one of the many relationship threads in CG; just don't ask me to find it. There's a reason why I stay out of Code Geass (the same reason why I'm staying out of SEED threads now).
Old 2010-11-23, 01:11   Link #1994
Kusa-San

Quote:
It was released in a guidebook after R2. You can find it somewhere in one of the many relationship threads in CG; just don't ask me to find it. There's a reason why I stay out of Code Geass (the same reason why I'm staying out of SEED threads now).
Well when Gundam Seed Destiny was still airing, it was the same than the CG fourm. No maybe even worse
Old 2010-11-23, 01:13   Link #1995
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Well when Gundam Seed Destiny was still airing, it was the same than the CG fourm. No maybe even worse
I've been to forums that were more tolerant of differing likes in the fandom while SEED and Destiny were airing. So far, it seems the worst fandoms in Gundam and Code Geass gather right here in ASuki, so consider me unimpressed with such a statement.
Old 2010-11-23, 02:35   Link #1996
AlphaDragoon

Quote:

Don't worry about it, just because you speak the truth and some people can't handle it. Happens to me all the time over on NarutoFan's forums.

Rep is pointless anyway, I'd disable it if I could.
Old 2010-11-23, 06:49   Link #1997
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

son of a (bleep) you dare compare GS series to that abomination really NEVER compare them.

besides look GS series is rare on it way yet overall i did more than 00 flops, abomination-ge@$$, etc yet it can still do it IF now GS movie & 3rd GS happen now.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 07:22   Link #1998
zniv
一二三四ごはん!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
son of a (bleep) you dare compare GS series to that abomination really NEVER compare them.

besides look GS series is rare on it way yet overall i did more than 00 flops, abomination-ge@$$, etc yet it can still do it IF now GS movie & 3rd GS happen now.
zniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 07:26   Link #1999
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post

You DO know that it's already impossible to have a 3rd GS series. Destiny had ended fairly well, of course, and as you can see, the war is over. What more can we expect in the third season? New characters and another war starting? Of course, I know you wouldn't like it.

So please don't ask for the impossible >.<

And oh.
Spoiler for language...:

And speaking of the GS movie, I am quite disappointed as you are. Up until now, Sunrise hasn't given any further or new announcements regarding the movie. And when was the time they confirmed they were going to make the movie? That was 2006 I think... >.>

If I can't control my anger anymore, I might have ranted on Sunrise for being so delayed... >.<
Old 2010-11-23, 07:29   Link #2000
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Precisely, the reason why It's ridiculous to trust WoG from Fukuda because most of the time, it's either a cop-out, or an unserious answer.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep