AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-04-16, 02:12   Link #501
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
lol, have to say... the tags in here get funnier with each time I check the thread.
And now they disappeared mods... have some sense of humour
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 06:25   Link #502
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Lol I wish I noticed it

Anyway, when does the anime air again?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 06:26   Link #503
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
And now they disappeared mods... have some sense of humour
I demand the tags back!
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 06:54   Link #504
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Lol I wish I noticed it
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
I demand the tags back!
I second that motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Anyway, when does the anime air again?
Next episode is in three days, for the complete season's schedule in english look here.
Old 2011-04-16, 07:49   Link #505
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

If there is one thing I disagree with the tags that I do not consider Steins;Gate as Shounen .
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 07:58   Link #506
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

yep
we shoud tell the moderator
S;G is seinen not shounen!!!

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 08:30   Link #507
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
The artwork for the anime, not to mention the game after seeing some screenshots, definitely does a better job at conveying the mysterious sci-fi elements of the series. The protagonist, while delusional is also intelligent, which makes it harder for the viewer to guess what's really happening. And the cast introduced all feel like they have some sort of greater purpose and aren't just tacked on for the sake of it.
Of course, the artist is no other but Huke, BRS's creator.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 13:34   Link #508
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
All I'll say about the second episode is to ask if after the first episode introduced the concept of murder, time travel and the grandfather complex whether this story really needs traps, quiet girls with cell phones, and maid cafes that feature servers with annoyingly high pitched voices. I mean the story was doing just fine without those things. As long as the story doesn't get hijacked by the potential for otaku-bait fluff that was introduced here (I really can't stand to see another decent concept weakened that way) I'll be fine to stick with this, but talk about a worrisome sign if ever there was one.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 14:01   Link #509
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I'm glad they got rid of those idio- I mean, weab- I MEAN... needless tags. They were pointless and silly.
Old 2011-04-16, 14:08   Link #510
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
All I'll say about the second episode is to ask if after the first episode introduced the concept of murder, time travel and the grandfather complex whether this story really needs traps, quiet girls with cell phones, and maid cafes that feature servers with annoyingly high pitched voices. I mean the story was doing just fine without those things. As long as the story doesn't get hijacked by the potential for otaku-bait fluff that was introduced here (I really can't stand to see another decent concept weakened that way) I'll be fine to stick with this, but talk about a worrisome sign if ever there was one.
And apparently it worked seeing as episode 2 received a more positive reaction from most people, to my dismay.

However, I doubt this story will ever be hijacked by any of this fluff. Those elements will probably stick around here and there, but won't disappear completely save probably the latter stages of the story.

It's a bit disappointing really, and why I didn't like this episode as much.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 14:10   Link #511
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Whoa... that was crazy and funny. This was the first time I fell for a trap though... so tragic.
I almost fell for the trap as well, good thing they announced the big spoiler before I had any thoughts
Old 2011-04-16, 14:26   Link #512
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I'm glad they got rid of those idio- I mean, weab- I MEAN... needless tags. They were pointless and silly.
Hope ya were being sarcastic, otherwise... have to say, I strongly disagree with you.
and really, stop it with all the weaboo-hate. we got that much already.
Old 2011-04-16, 14:46   Link #513
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I have a theory regarding the gel-banana of episode 2.

Spoiler for CHAOS! CHOAS!!!!:
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 15:34   Link #514
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
All I'll say about the second episode is to ask if after the first episode introduced the concept of murder, time travel and the grandfather complex whether this story really needs traps, quiet girls with cell phones, and maid cafes that feature servers with annoyingly high pitched voices.
... and you like late-night anime maybe try the more popular ones (shounen, noitamina) sanitized from these elements that make late-night fun to watch, whether being serious or not

Quote:
I mean the story was doing just fine without those things. As long as the story doesn't get hijacked by the potential for otaku-bait fluff that was introduced here (I really can't stand to see another decent concept weakened that way) I'll be fine to stick with this, but talk about a worrisome sign if ever there was one.
It is one of the attributes of being adult (usually overshadowed by being unimaginative, dull, and boring) to be able to distinguish and enjoy equally different elements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Indeed they were; like banners, avatars, signatures, smilies, 90% of posts, etc. The question is do we get rid of those too
Old 2011-04-16, 15:36   Link #515
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
And apparently it worked seeing as episode 2 received a more positive reaction from most people, to my dismay.
I don't usually like that stuff either but I thought it was kinda funny here.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 15:44   Link #516
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

However, I doubt this story will ever be hijacked by any of this fluff. Those elements will probably stick around here and there, but won't disappear completely save probably the latter stages of the story.

It's a bit disappointing really, and why I didn't like this episode as much.
Yeah it's entirely possible to avoid having stories hijacked that way, I just seem to have the worst luck in stumbling onto shows that can't figure out whether they want to focus on a core plot or not. Then again most of the ones that have failed spectacularly in this regard end up being bizarre mecha shows as opposed to pure sci-fi like this one.

At least so far this one also appears to have a staff that is capable of distinguishing which part is the core plot and which part is the fluff and not awarding more time to the latter like "that other show" I'm still reeling from. As long as that distinction continues to be drawn I really don't have a problem honestly.

The best sign is that the show picked up right where it left off and continued it's build up from there. It very much remains functional as a serial show.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 16:21   Link #517
Jao
panchi~

Steins;Gate is adapted from critically successful source material that knows what it's doing. I wouldn't be too worried about the direction of the plot.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 16:24   Link #518
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't usually like that stuff either but I thought it was kinda funny here.
Despite what I said I still enjoyed the episode a lot. I just wasn't amused in particular by the cat girl scene. The episode was plenty funny other than that.

Quote:
Yeah it's entirely possible to avoid having stories hijacked that way, I just seem to have the worst luck in stumbling onto shows that can't figure out whether they want to focus on a core plot or not. Then again most of the ones that have failed spectacularly in this regard end up being bizarre mecha shows as opposed to pure sci-fi like this one.

At least so far this one also appears to have a staff that is capable of distinguishing which part is the core plot and which part is the fluff and not awarding more time to the latter like "that other show" I'm still reeling from. As long as that distinction continues to be drawn I really don't have a problem honestly.

The best sign is that the show picked up right where it left off and continued it's build up from there. It very much remains functional as a serial show.
Hah. Well it's not going to be another Star Driver, I can almost guarentee you that .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 23:29   Link #519
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz

Old 2011-04-16, 23:34   Link #520
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

The lol tags are back!!! But where is the duturu~ tag?

Tags
drama, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation