AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-27, 22:32   Link #7681
Gore17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Apollo, Osiris, some sort of god that gave him petrification, and the three weather deities. If you count each weather deity as a separate god that gave him a separate authority, then all of his authorities are accounted for.
Actually, it's six minimum. So having more is not out of the question.

Also, about the weather trio. Lei Gong, the red lightning one, is the boss of the other two in Mythology. So I'm guessing Lei Gong manifested, and summoned Bo Feng and Yu Shi as [Subordinate Gods]. Remember how Sun Wukong summoned his brothers?

Following this, they probably lent their power to Lei Gong, becoming one while they fought Voban. Voban ends up killing Lei Gong, and ends up usurping a single Authority from the God, [Sturm Und Drang].

If this idea of mine is right, then they probably counted as a single god. In which case, Voban has at least two more Authorities.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:48   Link #7682
Chris38

Well, looks like Uldin, is more then capable of employing a quite cleaver tactic, to defeat his enemy.

Although the way that Godou used to escape, was pretty impressive as well.

Anyway I think that it's time for Godou to use his "final" trump card as well, since I don't see him, being capable to continue fighting for a long period of time, in his current condition.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 23:54   Link #7683
OverNOut
The Obsever

Didn't expect Tyr's Sword to have that kind of effect but nevertheless, it works perfectly as a final ace.

I thought Godou could lent Ena a copy of Ama no Murukumo no Tsurugi but why didn't he do it this time?
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 00:40   Link #7684
Chris38

Translation of chapter 7 has finished.

Only the epilogue remains, for the entire volume to be translated.

I like the gift that Circe left behind (which, probably can't be called an authority) for Godou to use ... since, it definitely is quite useful.

And it's only usefulness, definitely won't be just to use the gift that Athena left behind for Godou to use ... since, in time, it might be used for Godou to learn some more magic spells.

In other words, it definitely expands Godou's capabilities as a Campione and allows the author to add even more variety in Godou's potential skill set.

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-06-28 at 00:56.
Old 2013-06-28, 01:05   Link #7685
OverNOut
The Obsever

Circe's gift was indeed useful and I hope his time limit increase with more use but it looks like it will be a weapon of last resort due to the damage cause.

I wonder if the [Sword of the Beginning and the End] has more abilities than just that.
Old 2013-06-28, 01:21   Link #7686
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
I wonder if the [Sword of the Beginning and the End] has more abilities than just that.
We will see in the future volumes, if it has more abilities ... since,now that Godou has unlocked the capability to use it, we will definitely see him using it a little more frequently, in his future fights.

Even if it won't have any new abilities, it's still a pretty powerful ability.

Speculating, I think the "black sword" might unlock some new capabilities, when it is used in combination with Excalibur, or rather the "white sword" that Circe saw in her vision from volume 13, to produce something similar to a "yin and yang bomb", but since it's probably going to take some time, before Godou obtains the "white sword", we won't see, if something like that is possible, anytime soon.

EDIT: And the epilogue is out, as well. Now, the 14 volume can be considered complete.

We even get a scene from Liliana's and Yuri's perspective, which is something that I didn't expect.

And, as always the idiot Doni has managed to cause more trouble.

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-06-28 at 02:38.
Old 2013-06-28, 02:44   Link #7687
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

That Doni. Forming an alliance with France. Rather than King of Swords he should be the King of Trouble
Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 03:07   Link #7688
Chris38

Well, considering Godou's recent improvements, a rematch with Doni, should be pretty interesting.

Of course, assuming that some other troublesome things, won't occur in the next volume.

Anyway seems like, only three hours have passed in the present era, since Godou went to the past world ... if it continues like this ... then Godou's entire adventure in the past world, might only take one - two days in the present era's time.
Old 2013-06-28, 03:32   Link #7689
bludvein

Circe's gift was surprisingly simple, but it seems like it could have more uses than just assisting with the control of the black sword. Hopefully it can be made to last longer.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 03:34   Link #7690
Nihgthawk

Well Volume 14 is now done thank you zzhk. Now after reading the afterword only one thing comes to mind, WHERE IS THIS BOOKLET! I wanna know what happened, I really wanna know.

Also I guess you could call Circe's authority something like [Knowledge Of The Witch Goddess] or [The Dawn Archives].
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 03:54   Link #7691
Chris38

After reading the Afterword, I think that I have a suspicion on what is going to happen next - a fight with 4 Campione cooperating with each other vs The King of the End - since,apart from that, I just don't see anything else that could fit the author's description in the afterword.

Looks like the next volume is going to be even more amazing then the current one.
Old 2013-06-28, 04:04   Link #7692
thunder123456

About this part:

Spoiler for :

So, what is considered his second authority? Circe's gift or Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi?
thunder123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 04:10   Link #7693
bludvein

Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi judging by the context. If the "gifts" were considered he would have 4 distinct powers instead of 3. Both gifts at this point revolve around the same ability. Which is the dark star thing, aka the "third authority" from the quote.
Old 2013-06-28, 04:11   Link #7694
Kadi
知識の探求者

Circe's gift is part of the third, so the second is probably Ama no Murakumo. Which was explicitly stated to not be a proper authority. Whatever. (I hope I didn't make this up on my own. again.)

What interests me more is the usefulness of Circe's gift. It's described as a grimoire, a "guidebook to using goddesses' powers". When Godou used a grimoire in V8, funny things happened. So I wonder... will funny stuff happen with this gift, too, when Godou isn't also using the Goat or the Warrior incarnations?
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 04:11   Link #7695
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder123456 View Post
About this part:

Spoiler for :

So, what is considered his second authority? Circe's gift or Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi?
Ama no Marukmo no Tsurugi can be considered as Godou's second authority, it has been mentioned that Circe's gift alone is not considered strong enough to be called an authority,
Old 2013-06-28, 04:18   Link #7696
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
What interests me more is the usefulness of Circe's gift. It's described as a grimoire, a "guidebook to using goddesses' powers". When Godou used a grimoire in V8, funny things happened. So I wonder... will funny stuff happen with this gift, too, when Godou isn't also using the Goat or the Warrior incarnations?
The Goat already grants magical control, so using circe's gift with it seems redundant. Not sure how useful it would be with the Warrior either. Has he ever had a problem getting it to do what he wanted? I don't think so.
Old 2013-06-28, 04:28   Link #7697
Kadi
知識の探求者

Yes, the goat grants magical control. So does the warrior. My question is if Circe's gift does, or if it only provides with the basic spells and "qualifications".

This time the gift granted the qualification/goddess property to use the sword. But if it's completely like a regular grimoire (as the one in V8), it won't help with control, as that tree near Sakura's apartment proves.

Now, I know it's only described "as if" it were a grimoire and having to use all of Goat/Warrior + Circe's gift + Athena's gift (+Murakumo) is a bit too complicated, but... I can't stop wondering.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 04:28   Link #7698
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Circe's gift is part of the third, so the second is probably Ama no Murakumo. Which was explicitly stated to not be a proper authority. Whatever. (I hope I didn't make this up on my own. again.)
You seem to be getting cautious with what you say now huh
Spoiler for Volume 5 Epilogue:

Spoiler for Volume 7 Chapter 7:
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 04:45   Link #7699
erdii

well for me having access to a godess wisdom can be considered an authority. I don't think Campiones can get the wisdom of the goddesses. if he uses it more maybe he can forge sword by himself and can save himself from embrassing moments ;maybe but does Circe's gift just give Godou wisdom or does it gives him the abilities of a goddess of wisdom ?
Old 2013-06-28, 05:08   Link #7700
OverNOut
The Obsever

So next time will be Godou's first rematch fight.

It was last stated that the moon was currently a crescent moon so how many more weeks will it take for it to be a full moon again?

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem