Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-01-10, 14:42   Link #21
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
It is a clash of cultures thing. I am surprised that MS even reached out to a japanese studio, what kind of game were they expecting?
Alternatively they recognised that the majority of xbox users don't like certain type of games. That tweet ^ with those listed titles, kind of reflects it. No more experiments, only proven concepts and sequels.
But if they do that how do they plan to expand their market? The Wii U was also an amazing console for a certain demographic but it completely failed to reach out of it. Sure, the Halo/COD/Battlefield crowd is a lot larger than the Nintendo crowd nowadays but will it always be the case?
Old 2017-01-10, 16:57   Link #22
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
It is a clash of cultures thing. I am surprised that MS even reached out to a japanese studio, what kind of game were they expecting?
Alternatively they recognised that the majority of xbox users don't like certain type of games. That tweet ^ with those listed titles, kind of reflects it. No more experiments, only proven concepts and sequels.
I doubt it, considering this is far from the only game that has been cancelled by Microsoft.

Fable Legends and Phantom Dust also went under as well. And they also happen to have been introduced at E3 2014 just like Scalebound. I doubt "clash of cultures" has anything to do with it.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2017-01-10 at 17:23.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-10, 22:51   Link #23
Chase

This is pretty much how I feel about this and he pretty much covers all my issues with Microsoft and its Xbox brand.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 07:03   Link #24
Chase

Platinum Games And Director Hideki Kamiya On Scalebound’s Cancellation

Quote:
We’re sorry to say that on January 9, 2017, Microsoft Studios announced the cancellation of Scalebound. We are very disappointed things ended up this way, especially since we know many of our fans were looking forward to this game as much as we were.

Going forward, we will strive to continue delivering high-quality games to you, starting with NieR:Automata in March, and including products like GRANBLUE FANTASY Project Re:Link and LOST ORDER in the future.

We will keep working hard to meet your expectations and we look forward to your continued support!

President and CEO
Kenichi Sato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiya
As you may have already heard, Scalebound has unfortunately been canceled. I'm very sorry to everyone who was looking forward to this game.

Sorry to bring you such bad news at the start of the year. All I can do for you is to promise to keep delivering fun games.

I'll work extra hard to never have to let you down like this again, so I hope you will keep watching over us in the future too.

And...I took time off for my mental health? ...Me!?

No way.

I thought I would get lots of savage messages, but in reality I'm getting lots of warm messages. Thank you.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 08:05   Link #25
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Angry Joe's view about this.

Old 2017-05-19, 09:57   Link #26
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube

Take this with a grain of salt.
Old 2017-05-19, 11:08   Link #27
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
YouTube

Take this with a grain of salt.
About that:

Quote:
Microsoft recently renewed the trademark to Scalebound, and coupled with an "insider report" on Twitter, rumors began to swirl about the game being back in development. I can confirm via our own sources, however, that Scalebound is not in development by Microsoft or a "trusted team," as stated in the report. Nothing to see here folks.
http://m.windowscentral.com/xbox-ren...ot-development
Old 2017-05-19, 11:32   Link #28
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Why would they renew the trademark for a game that was canceled/dropped though?

Makes no sense to me.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 13:21   Link #29
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
Why would they renew the trademark for a game that was canceled/dropped though?

Makes no sense to me.
To keep the name and IP as theirs so that another company can't take it from them.
Old 2017-05-19, 16:38   Link #30
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
To keep the name and IP as theirs so that another company can't take it from them.
But they canceled/dropped it, so why would they want to make it impossible for someone else to save the game?

They obviously dont care about it anymore so why fight to keep the license/trademark?
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 18:08   Link #31
Shadow5YA

Quote:
But they canceled/dropped it, so why would they want to make it impossible for someone else to save the game?

They obviously dont care about it anymore so why fight to keep the license/trademark?
They do care about it. That's like wondering why Capcom still holds onto the Megaman IP despite not making any games or merchandise anymore.

Even if they're not going to do anything with it now, the option is still left open. And no one can take that opportunity from them when it arises.
Old 2017-05-19, 18:35   Link #32
Chosen_Hero

Quote:

Because they already spent a lot of money on the IP and they don't want it to be used against them, it's just business. This kind of thing happens literally all the time, everyone does it.
Old 2017-05-19, 19:17   Link #33
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Business it may be, but ultimately those of us who looked forward to it end up being frustrated and disappointed by the move regardless.
Old 2017-05-19, 19:28   Link #34
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Business it may be, but ultimately those of us who looked forward to it end up being frustrated and disappointed by the move regardless.
Then go complain to MS because it is them holding the corpse of Scalebound hostage (after they unceremoniously cut it's throat). It's interesting, they are forgiven by the majority for killing off new ips just because they offer them old games with backwards compatibility, have they released anything of worth this year, at all?
Old 2017-05-22, 03:00   Link #35
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Pretty pointless to me tbh. The game was an unknown with only some trailers to show during the negative press period of XB1 troubled launch. The only positive about it was the involvement of Kamiya and Platinum before they axe it. Unlike other IPs that actually carried a history as game that players remembered fondly for.

The name is more of an liability than an asset right now.