AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-06-17, 20:30   Link #1
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Galaxy Angel PC Game: Update From Broccoli

Um, holy crap. Possibly one of the biggest pieces of niche-Japanese-game-to-English news since the release of Katamari Damacy:

Quote:
Company O still plans on releasing Galaxy Angel, but since there’s a lot of text, they’re looking for a production house that can translate the game.

I haven’t played the game (just saw the opening which Mari Iijima soundtrack), so I don’t know how much text there is. But these type of adventure games have a lot of text, I s’pose.

Of course the Galaxy Angel II game was delayed in Japan too, so that’s how it goes for Galaxy Angel.

We’d like to know how many people out there are looking forward to seeing Galaxy Angel video game being released in the US.

President Kaname has a dream of bringing more of these otaku games to the US (he has lots of friends in the moe business). He’d take a poll if he could.

So… even though we have yet to clean up the new Broccoli forum, maybe you guys can give us your input there.
I bolded the really important part.

They're checking on interest for one of the most unique non-ero dating sim games ever (it's equal part dating and Homeworld, which may be the greatest combination ever). What are you people still reading this for?! Go forth! Let them know! We want our proper Milfie!
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 20:38   Link #2
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i thought galaxy angel II was a shooter type?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 21:07   Link #3
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Combination therein. You can take direct control of one Emblem Frame, but you use a tactical map to give commands to the other ships.
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 21:15   Link #4
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Whew, I was wondering if the localization was cancelled.

Hopefully they find a production team to help them translate.
Old 2006-06-18, 02:36   Link #5
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
This has a place in my home if and when it comes over

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 02:43   Link #6
Zappster

Homeworld you say? Well I'm always in the mood for more games along the lines of Homeworld. So if it does come out and I like what I see I'll pick it up.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 06:29   Link #7
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Posted on the Peach Princess BBS for great justice.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 06:38   Link #8
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
+1 vote here too!
Old 2006-06-25, 13:32   Link #9
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

BUMP!

16 people have voted in favor of the game thus far. We need more! Come on, where are all the Galaxy Angel lovers?!
Old 2006-06-25, 13:41   Link #10
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Maybe try posting whenever the next Galaxy Angel TV series starts airing and we'll have better luck :P

Posting a link to the article on http://www.visualnews.net/, http://www.insani.org/index.html, and whatever else translation groups might help as well.
Old 2006-06-25, 14:30   Link #11
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Posted on Haeleth's message board:
http://forums.haeleth.net/viewtopic.php?t=764&
Old 2006-06-25, 15:16   Link #12
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
From what I've heard about this localization company from the Broccoli reps and from the old news that certain company looking for fan translators to work on an 'unspecified game', I don't really have a very high opinion of them right now. If they were serious about translating the game, they would've secured a translator (team) before contacting Broccoli about getting a license for the game. Plus, it seemed that they were banking on the possibility of getting cheap/free translations out of the fan community.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 15:22   Link #13
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
From what I've heard about this localization company from the Broccoli reps and from the old news that certain company looking for fan translators to work on an 'unspecified game', I don't really have a very high opinion of them right now. If they were serious about translating the game, they would've secured a translator (team) before contacting Broccoli about getting a license for the game. Plus, it seemed that they were banking on the possibility of getting cheap/free translations out of the fan community.
Well hopefully they get everything sorted out.
Old 2006-06-25, 15:31   Link #14
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
I hope so, too. This is one of the big chances for the genre, since I assume Broccoli can cross advertise to the manga readers or something. With stuff like this, you will need a lot of marketing to get it out to a wider audience.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 15:34   Link #15
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I wonder though if they'll actually try selling the game in stores or just by Internet only.
Old 2006-06-25, 17:08   Link #16
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

this is the first time i have heard of this peach princess. they are re-releasing all the hirameki games in english with no censorship?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 19:32   Link #17
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

No, Peach Princess translates games from Crowd and Will, and uncensors them. They don't have anything to do with Hirameki. They just sell their games along with the rest.
Old 2006-07-11, 23:56   Link #18
Rasseru
I'm just like Shuuichi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
Homeworld you say? Well I'm always in the mood for more games along the lines of Homeworld. So if it does come out and I like what I see I'll pick it up.
I wish they made other Homeworld...

Anyway I'm waiting to hear if Galaxy Angel II is going on PC or not.....

Galaxy Angel II Website http://www.broccoli.co.jp/ga/game/ga2/index.html Japanese
Rasseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 15:51   Link #19
Reika Tsukishima
Super X-Zibits Translator

We already discuss this with Broccoli not long ago. We [my group site] already come with it for the next mid-flight 2007.

Our PH does translation for wide-range of languages. The last input order were givent to us is translation from English-French. English-Japanese translation might easy, but since this is not a normal translation but a widescreen translation for an enitre game, we might have a translation that differ with the real meaning.

As for Galaxy Angel II, Broccoli switched its release in 3rd quarter of 2007. This is due to translation and they may release with voice prints of English stars. For PC games, both these games are released for compatible PC game as well as PS2 console.

Every fans of Galaxy Angel series are hoped to keep patience with enw information to come. As a leader of the group, I say thanx for such topic...

Hope this'll help...
Reika Tsukishima

Last edited by Reika Tsukishima; 2006-12-19 at 15:58. Reason: Edited with newer informations...
Reika Tsukishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 16:15   Link #20
Kisuke06
I see...

So, an english version is really coming? Sweet!
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote