AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2016-09-23, 06:16   Link #1
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Server is taking too long to respond error

Hi. This happened for two straight days.

Two days ago, suddenly I could not access the forum and the error message that shows it "server taking too long to respond". Probably not a browser problem because it happens on FireFox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. The sites I could not load are Animesuki Forums and Tinypic.com.

After searching for solutions. I saw the flushdns trick. Went to command prompt, typed ipconfig and flushed the dns. It worked, forums can be accessed again.

The next day. I was browsing the site. Then chatted on facebook for about an hour. Then, suddenly I can't access Animesuki forums again. Tried the flushdns trick.. did not work. Then tried disconnecting the internet and clearing browsing histories and caches of web browsers, also did a disk cleanup. The next morning flushed the dns again. And by good luck, the forum works again.

What could be causing this problem. Worried that it might recur again if the cause is not found. Have been here on this site for more than 10 years, and it's the first time that this kind of problem occured. Thanks for any help.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 10:07   Link #2
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
I'm not having that kind of issue, but the CDN section has been taking ages to fully load or doesn't even load and that has been happening for at least a week (if there aren't any issues, I'll be having a word in the shell of my ISP and if they can't give me any resolution I'll be moving providers).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 01:14   Link #3
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Thankfully the problem does not repeat anymore. Talked about it with some friends, and just have to rely on the flushdns method.
Old 2016-09-25, 01:56   Link #4
larethian

Try using google nameservers instead of the ones provided by your ISP. Google how to do it.

And out of curiosity, are you from Philippines?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 07:14   Link #5
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Weird. I'm from the PH too, and no problems with accessing the forums.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 16:25   Link #6
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm not getting "server taking too long to respond" but I am getting slow load times and even when it loads quickly not everything loads properly.
Like avatar images or certain icons and such won't load and it will come out words instead.
Old 2016-09-26, 06:47   Link #7
Liddo-kun
is this so?

All I know is it has something to do with DNS. Because the first time it happened, flushing the dns made the forum and Tinypic.com suddenly viewable again. Have taken print screen of solutions that people suggested, in case the problem does happen again.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2016-09-26 at 07:15.