AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-06-03, 13:16   Link #1081
rainbow_star

Wow! Nice collection!
How did you get the Nenderoid Lucky Star???? (@@.
rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 13:30   Link #1082
rainbow_star

Wow!! Guess what I just get today!
btw, it's my first time to get such a small box from hlj.

Spoiler for pic pic:

She's in my office with me now. Can't wait to go home and open it tonight.
Old 2008-06-05, 06:08   Link #1083
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Slightly off-topic, but dealing with figurines... does anyone have any tips for finding an anime store in the states (either a good online retailer with a lot of random merch and figurines that maybe wont be as much shipping wise; or a brick and mortar) that will order figurines and such? I've tried about every comic shop I know of near me, and though they do carry a small selection of anime stuff, it's generally VERY small (and they even downsized recently >_<) with very few figurines, the bulk of which are like Final Fantasy ones and more action-ish figures (NOT Figma though, I mean like the US action figures) from like Bleach or something. Plus, about the only thing they'll order is books... and even then it is a pain sometimes, as they've lost my order, and lost my name on recurring subscription lists like Megami, several times.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 08:49   Link #1084
dfens

Cynor in the states such a place doesn't really exist.

Most comic stores won't order specialty anime items unless they are cheap and easily attainable. They don't have suppliers in japan that get them what most of us want. They mostly use diamond a US company so unless it's a licensed product for the american market they can't get it.

Their is a place down the street from me that use to stock and would order anything you wanted. He'd usually get items 1 month after it hit the shelves in japan.

But he no longer does online sales, and his prices are at a point to where you can order it straight from japan with shipping and still get a better deal and with a faster turn around time. The main reason I stopped buying from him I would pre-order or ask him to hold for me a certain figure usually a expensive one and he would never get it in. I was willing to prepay all in advance and nothing.

Here is my advice. If you want something you have to have and it might sale out right away. Then pre-order from japan. If you can wait or wanted it after it's been released then Ebay is the place to go. Recently I bought a figure off Ebay it was sold out everywhere and out of print, paid a few bucks over retail not much but had to have it. Which is funny since this is the first time I didn't pay under retail.

Collecting figures is a expensive hobby but I make more than enough to afford anyone that I want. I don't care about the price I just care about procuring one. I hate it when I might have to wait a long time to track one down or never find one when I'd buy it cash if it was sitting at a local retail shop. Don't be cheap but never over pay to the point where it's not worth having.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 12:27   Link #1085
rainbow_star

I don't know about US, but in Canada, we have Sakura Media
http://www.sakuramedia.com

They have two stores near my home but the price and the selection isn't really good tho. HLJ is still better for me even after shipping.

BTW, I got another box from HLJ today!!!! Will take some pic later. XD
Old 2008-06-05, 12:38   Link #1086
alamarco
Why hello there!

My Figures

My figure with best quality is probably my Sigma Saber. My favourites would be my favourite anime character with my Fraulein Rin and my favourite game character with my Play Arts Vincent.

My next figure will probably either be a Rider or Sakura from Fate/stay night or a Fraulein Asuka. Slowly I'm trying to build my collection. I just started watching anime last year so unfortunately my collection is small . Oh and Sigma is releasing a Rin, might have to get my hands on one of those .
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 15:31   Link #1087
rainbow_star

Sigma Saber? You meant figma Saber right?
Seems like you like action figures more than those fixed pose figures aren't you?
Old 2008-06-05, 16:30   Link #1088
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
Slightly off-topic, but dealing with figurines... does anyone have any tips for finding an anime store in the states (either a good online retailer with a lot of random merch and figurines that maybe wont be as much shipping wise; or a brick and mortar) that will order figurines and such? I've tried about every comic shop I know of near me, and though they do carry a small selection of anime stuff, it's generally VERY small (and they even downsized recently >_<) with very few figurines, the bulk of which are like Final Fantasy ones and more action-ish figures (NOT Figma though, I mean like the US action figures) from like Bleach or something. Plus, about the only thing they'll order is books... and even then it is a pain sometimes, as they've lost my order, and lost my name on recurring subscription lists like Megami, several times.
Instead of Comic Store, go to China Town or Chinese Malls. In Canada there will always be a Anime Store in China Town or Asian Mall. They usually can get all the new release item within month of release in Japan. I compared prices on some figures, it is actually cheaper for me to go to the store than ordering online

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_star View Post
I don't know about US, but in Canada, we have Sakura Media
http://www.sakuramedia.com

They have two stores near my home but the price and the selection isn't really good tho. HLJ is still better for me even after shipping.

BTW, I got another box from HLJ today!!!! Will take some pic later. XD
Richmond BC eh? I am Calgary, I thought BC Area would have better deals.
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 16:36   Link #1089
alamarco
Why hello there!

Thanks for that site, seems like a good one .

Yeah, I meant Figma . I don't mind action or fixed, basically it's what I see that catches my attention. I was in Toronto only once since I became an anime fan and that was at the beginning and the only thing I recognized was FF since I had only seen Naruto and Bleach at the time.

When I seen the Fraulein line I got excited and purchased right away since they look really nice. Same thing went with Figma. The One Piece collection was a gift from my friend.

My first fixed pose might be a Matou Sakura. Just seen one and got my eye on it, however just spent a lot of money finding all the Fate/stay night DVD's so might hold off on purchasing .

I think fixed pose can be a lot better in detail if the creator puts effort into it. Hard to find though. My buddy has a Rei statue which is stunning in her under the moon pose. Probably the best quality I've ever seen.
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 17:12   Link #1090
Aird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
You can try one of the following online sites that are located in the US. Generally I find that once they sell out, it remains sold out unless there is a reissue.

1) Kid Nemo Company
2) Toyslogic
3) Otaku Fuel
4) Twin Moon Anime
5) Anime Xing
6) Robert's Anime Corner Store
Aird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 17:52   Link #1091
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Thanks for all the advice/suggestions. I actually never even thought about going to a China-town like thing namely due to all the knock-offs and bootlegged things that come from China a lot... also the closest one I know of is a 2hr drive away... and probably the best one I know of is way too far to go to.

Old 2008-06-05, 18:01   Link #1092
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

www.rightstuf.com sells figures to US and Canada I think. the prices are ok.

I do not recommend going to asia/china towns in the US to purchase figures.

ebay is ok for purchasing figures, just make sure the seller has great feedback, and even with shipping from asia sometimes its cheaper than anywhere else.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 18:32   Link #1093
rainbow_star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aird View Post
You can try one of the following online sites that are located in the US. Generally I find that once they sell out, it remains sold out unless there is a reissue.

1) Kid Nemo Company
2) Toyslogic
3) Otaku Fuel
4) Twin Moon Anime
5) Anime Xing
6) Robert's Anime Corner Store
The Toyslogic looks good, the price is pretty good. Just don't know how much is shipping to Canada.
Anybody bought anything form them before?
Old 2008-06-05, 18:39   Link #1094
GameraBaenre

Quote:
The Toyslogic looks good, the price is pretty good. Just don't know how much is shipping to Canada.
I know one of the owners, good people. I would recommend emailing the site and ask for a shipping estimate.
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 19:37   Link #1095
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
while we're on the topic of stores, i found Zero-Type forums useful. its got quite a reliable list of decent sellers on ebay (and the ones you should avoid) and the people on there are really helpful.
dunno if this has already been posted, think it has actually. but anyway, just to save you from looking back god knows how many pages

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 19:47   Link #1096
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
www.rightstuf.com sells figures to US and Canada I think. the prices are ok.

I do not recommend going to asia/china towns in the US to purchase figures.

ebay is ok for purchasing figures, just make sure the seller has great feedback, and even with shipping from asia sometimes its cheaper than anywhere else.
Well, it is not really hard to notice the difference between original and knock off. Also depend on the store, not every store sells knock offs. I often look for figures on ebay, shipping usually cost 15-25 dollars,( if the figure is cheaper than average, shipping usually cost more.)

sometimes there are good deals on amazon.com or amazon.ca

Quote:
you can get shipping price by updating shipping address at check out

Last edited by Astrana; 2008-06-05 at 19:59.
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 01:14   Link #1097
rainbow_star

Yeah!!! Got some new figures today! Two Sky Girls, figma Saba, and Shana. =D
Spoiler for Lots of pic:
Old 2008-06-06, 01:22   Link #1098
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
I know one of the owners, good people.
So it's safe to say everything is legit from them then? I was looking around at some of the misc things and several things looked nice, but I'm always hesitant about places I haven't heard of before because of all the knock-offs out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
Well, it is not really hard to notice the difference between original and knock off. Also depend on the store, not every store sells knock offs. I often look for figures on ebay, shipping usually cost 15-25 dollars,( if the figure is cheaper than average, shipping usually cost more.)
Ya, it's not hard to spot knock-offs, but often times you don't see the actual item on ebay or the other sites... so until you actually buy it and get it sometimes you just wont know. However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
while we're on the topic of stores, i found Zero-Type forums useful. its got quite a reliable list of decent sellers on ebay (and the ones you should avoid) and the people on there are really helpful.
That will really help, quite a good link. Although if what it said about ebay and name changing is true (which I've not used ebay in the last like 10 years...) then it could be a little dated for some... but still a good guide.

Anyways, I figured I'd show my small little collection of figurines I've gotten.

Spoiler for Large (ok, HUGE) Pic:

And yes, that is the Alter Fate

Old 2008-06-06, 03:44   Link #1099
excelence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
I think Most of the queen's Blade PVC are cast off, here is a shot
i believe. ALL of em're cast off able ... never seen one that can't
excelence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 08:18   Link #1100
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Wow! Nice collection!
How did you get the Nenderoid Lucky Star???? (@@.
I got it through a great shop, where I always order my figures from.

Especially great service for the Comptiq ver. Nenderoids. Where Comptiq coupons must be obtained from specific volumes of the magazine so that you can order the limited edition figures. The shop sold Comptiq magazines as well and they helped the customers order the Comptiq ver. Nenderoids.

I'm still greatly regretting that I missed the order dateline for the Wonderfest ver. Saber Konata and Rin Kagami, as well as the famous Figma Wonderfest dancho Konata.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote