Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-31, 12:20   Link #4321
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
So Mami takes her place as the first character with boobs to reach the semifinals
Didn't both Nodoka and Mihoko from Saki achieve that back in 2009?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The parallels between the nWo and the mWo continue to abound, lol. Nice job picking up on this, Coldlight.
Your passion about it led me to search for enlightenment about the subject, and so I discovered the remarkable parallels as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I could see Madoka vs. Mami going either way!
Me too, the two of them have long been considered the strongest of the surviving Puella Magi, and their next meeting will establish once and for all who is the strongest one of them, unless we see another overselling on behalf of either character.
Old 2011-10-31, 12:27   Link #4322
Kyuu
=^^=

So... uh... what are the reasons for the IP banning again? (Yes, I've asked before. I'll ask again) Just to be very very very clear on this.

Poor Squid btw. Despite her fast English language learning skills, she still loses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Didn't both Nodoka and Mihoko from Saki achieve that back in 2009?.
Eclair (Kiddy Grade) had some decent sized boobs as well. (2003)
Old 2011-10-31, 12:49   Link #4323
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
ROFLMAO. and why do you need to understand? LOL. I'm sorry for you being so butthurt. lol you can rage as much as you want, but that won't change anything XPP

Boring for you, but not for me and majority of 2ch. XDD

-Celebrates-
Since when was calling the most boring semi finals butthurt? To be honest Saimoe 2011 has to be the most boring saimoe ever.

Prediction- Kyouko
Old 2011-10-31, 12:56   Link #4324
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We will see if a large number of Veterans next year will change anything in terms of 2ch interest in Saimoe.

All that is really missing is the Rozen Maidens (and their fandom) next year. Well and a lot of KyoAni shows, since unless they come out with something in the first half of next year all they will present is Nichijou and the K-On movie. Maybe then they might receive some love they definately did noy get this year.

Even Rika, Mion, Shion, Rena, Hanyuu, and poor Satoko get to come back next time.
Old 2011-10-31, 12:59   Link #4325
Wanderer
Goat

So Mami wins. Nice to see some decent turnout. I have mixed feelings about the result since I like Mami a bit over Squid, but at the same time I have a soft spot for the resistance to the Madoka domination. Would'a been okay with it if Homura was in Erica's spot though, just because it would be such a statement if Madoka characters took all 4 semi-final spots. And that is the true result without the Biribiri scandal.

Madoka was the best show of the year, and had very good characters, so its domination isn't really a surprise. Still, while such domination might be exiting for Madoka fans, for non-Madoka fans the tournament is over; and that is unfortunate. Look at the low turnout between Sayaka and Madoka to see what I mean.

Slightly Good End: Mami, Kyouko
Bleh End: Madoka
Troll End: Erica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Didn't both Nodoka and Mihoko from Saki achieve that back in 2009?
Yes, and Nodoka came back again in 2010. So, there's 3 examples right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Eclair (Kiddy Grade) had some decent sized boobs as well. (2003)
She definitely counts, especially since she was the endowed contrast to her loli partner. So we got 4 examples of bewbs in the semi-finals. Yet to have any in the finals though. Go Mami!
Old 2011-10-31, 13:01   Link #4326
ppaaccoojrf

Oh God, dat Spanish. I actually made an account to correct this (you know, so that this doesn't spread, no offence to anyone involved).

Quote:
Me and my Chicanoisms...this is how I would call each of the Puella Magi...

La Niņa - cute, young, innocent, self-righteous girl, Madoka Kaname (puella in Latin means "little girl" and it's very fitting Madoka is the destined girl to carry her destiny...
This one's OK.
Quote:
Holmes - gangster slang. What you would call a good friend, a stranger, Homura Akemi (Hey Holmes, you have some bad-assed guns Holmes!)
I have never, ever seen this used by anyone, anywhere. And I'm a native Spanish speaker. I may be wrong, since Spanish is used in lots of places, but it'd be new to me.
Quote:
Mamacita - little mami; usually referred to a hyna or fine girl, Mamicita, Mami Tomoe (Homura and Mami are walking in the park one winter evening. I tell Homura "Orale, you have a fine Mamicita...Holmes!)
Mamicita is wrong unless it's a pun on Mami. And the correct form, "mamacita" is wrong regardless. It's offensive, unless you're using it jokingly. It's the equivalent of saying something like "nice ass" to a complete stranger.
Quote:
Aguabella - beautiful water, Sayaka Miki (there is still beauty found in my beloved Sayaka, no matter what she ended up to be)
Not wrong, just weird.
Quote:
Madre Bendita - holy nun, Kyouko Sakura (she still carries her holiness wherever she goes, always looking after Sayaka)
Madre Bendita = Virgin Mary. Madre is mother by the way, and while it may refer to a nun, it's usually used for elder nuns.
Quote:
Pendejo - stupid, p***y, ***ki^g brujos, Charlotte, Walpurgisnacht, Anthony (self-explanatory)
Pendejo is the Spanish equivalent of Baka (though it's less "cute"). And it's also masculine. "Maldita" would be a better name call for the witches, but I wouldn't endorse it either.

EDIT: on second thought, Pendejo is closer to Boke. Doesn't change much anyways.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:30   Link #4327
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
So... uh... what are the reasons for the IP banning again? (Yes, I've asked before. I'll ask again) Just to be very very very clear on this.
are you asking about the foreign ip bans?

Official Reason - Foreigners don't watch enough anime and only vote for anime characters of shows they see. So it is unfair to characters of other shows.

Un-official (Real) Reason - 2ch voters are piss off that in too instances foriegn votes have been difference maker in whether a character wins or lose.
Example - 2007 Champion, Nagi won more of the Japan vote but it was the foreign vote to put Rika on top.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2011-10-31 at 13:49.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:34   Link #4328
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

Official Reason - Foreigners don't watch enough anime and only vote for anime characters of shows the see. So it is unfair to characters of other shows.
I used to agree with that, but after foreigners have been officially banned for good, and these are the results we get...2ch is in much need of a reality check.

Those ISML graphs tend to show the USA as having the most diversity...if that means anything.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:37   Link #4329
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Official Reason - Foreigners don't watch enough anime and only vote for anime characters of shows the see. So it is unfair to characters of other shows.
Hypocrisy at its best.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-10-31, 13:38   Link #4330
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I used to agree with that, but after foreigners have been officially banned for good, and these are the results we get...2ch is in much need for a reality check.
Yea I do agree that 2ch needs a reality check Saimoe wise V_V
Old 2011-10-31, 13:39   Link #4331
ppaaccoojrf

Quote:
Please tell me they know that's an excuse and they don't actually believe that. Anyone willing to go through that voting process while everything is in moon would have watched at least 80% of the series in any current Saimoe. And it's not like any obscure series even got past round 1.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:43   Link #4332
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
Please tell me they know that's an excuse and they don't actually believe that. Anyone willing to go through that voting process while everything is in moon would have watched at least 80% of the series in any current Saimoe. And it's not like any obscure series even got past round 1.
Did you read the 2nd half of my post?
Old 2011-10-31, 13:47   Link #4333
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:

Un-official (Rea Reason) - 2ch voters are piss off that in too instances foriegn votes have been difference maker in whether a character wins or lose.
Example - 2007 Champion, Nagi won more of the Japan vote but it was the foreign vote to put Rika on top.
But NIPAA is a meme. That's why she won. (btw, I never watched Higurashi)

Looking at this year's results, the official reason is moot. All the characters in the group finals have come from shows foreigners have seen. By now, even they should be aware of torrent files giving foreigners access to current anime. This official reason is just a mere excuse so that the admins do not look bad.

On top of that, "popular" series attract the most votes. This applies everywhere. Probably, many here had a gut feeling -- at the very beginning of this year's tournament, a Madoka character would win it all.

And so basically, the reason for the IP ban is likely what y'mentioned. Butthurt over the results. This reason has greater basis "emotionally". And emotional based decisions tend to stick. But hey, they have every right to impose these kinds of measures. I just happen to want the real reason, rather than some illogical "political" reason.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:48   Link #4334
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
We did, but we just find their official reason utterly laughable.

Never mind, we find them laughable.

It's unfortunate all these moe girls' fates are in the hands of this small group of deranged, xenophobic, and smelly otaku.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-10-31, 14:05   Link #4335
ppaaccoojrf

Quote:
That may be an excuse that they actually believe.

So, Western Saimoe when?

Last edited by ppaaccoojrf; 2011-10-31 at 14:23.
Old 2011-10-31, 14:15   Link #4336
broken270
Defying gravity

Not too surprised of Mami's victory. All there is left to defy them is Erica, but it is likely she will lose to Kyouko.
Old 2011-10-31, 14:27   Link #4337
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
That may be an excuse that they actually believe.

So, Western Saimoe when?
ISML is just next door. It is way better with better portraits and gifs.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-10-31, 14:41   Link #4338
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Much prettier site and interface. Plus, open to everyone.

However...

Needs a shorter Saimoe season. And more characters involved (which can be implemented using "divisional" groupings and scheduling). I used to have a problem with the mixing of "old" characters vs new ones; but that aspect separates ISML from the other two competitions.
Old 2011-10-31, 14:44   Link #4339
ppaaccoojrf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
It's too different. Having an almost year long league system with characters from whenever isn't the same as a 2 month long knock-out tournament with characters from that year.
Old 2011-10-31, 14:51   Link #4340
OverFunk
It will never be the year

IP bans have grown over the years since people always manage to abuse the system.

You know, they used to have an instant code generator for cellphones. You should know how that ended.

The Saimoe model is perfect with its transparency measures, it's the users that keep breaking it.

Never forget
Closed Thread

Tags
2011, saimoe, tournament