AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-02, 22:27   Link #361
Fabrice
Padawan

To me whats more important is the director, series composition, script and so one and so forth, If the studio is good but the team is average than the whole series should be well average.

I prefer Kyoani's production team then P.A works.
Old 2012-04-02, 22:49   Link #362
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-8568.html
Can see: Angel Beats! new PJ by Maeda Jun
Old 2012-04-02, 23:13   Link #363
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I don't see why people are saying that the chances for KyoAni being the production studio is dwindling based on that Vava blog article. From my interpretation, isn't the issue there only because KyoAni was having trouble fitting LB into their production schedule (which, as we all know, is like an assembly line capable of handling only a couple or three series at most at a time)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Hell, if anything, I'm going to get my hopes up just based on this. After all, who in particular would be the most likely to be "aware of the high expectation of the fans"?

Old 2012-04-02, 23:21   Link #364
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We know Hyouka is coming out near the end of this month and will run 21 episodes. We have no idea when or even how the other series will be aired. Only that it presently only has two novels to its name, which would indicate a short series, OVA, or film. Therefore there is room for Little Busters to be produced...it is just a matter of when it is suppose to be released.

Though the pattern, at least up to Clannad has been a Toei release, followed by a KyoAni release. With the only long gap being the two Kanon series (2002 and 2006). The Air and Clannad films came out about the same time as the KyoAni series did in both cases. In all cases the Toei version is the condensed version followed by the longer KyoAni version.

Angel Beats does not quite count as it wasn't a Key Visual Novel adaptation but made as an anime original.
Old 2012-04-03, 00:04   Link #365
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
PA works character designs I felt were great. No matter what I felt about their shows, they were one of the best parts of the series. AB! was no exception. True Tears designs blow most stuff out of the water if it comes to moe.

And remember that Kyoani didn't always have the best designs for Key stuffs. Air wasn't very good, and Kanon got better, and finally got it right in Clannad. Toei-Air actually had better designs I felt, and Toei-Clannad might have been better off as 2 movies and not having the JJ Abrams obsession with lens flare.

Yes Toei-Kanon (aka Kanon 1982) wasn't very good, but their key adaptations don't deserve all the flack they get. And Key's original designs save for LB! weren't very good to begin with. Na-ga's work is just plan better.
I do like their designs but not in Angel beats. I also did not like what they did with Another's designs compared to the manga art. But that is just me.

I really loved all of Kyo-Ani's designs and how they transitioned. I did not find flaws with them.

I would say Clannad had the best design IMO. I do love Na-Ga's work in LB! too. I would say the best style of Itaru's work would be in Clannad The detail in the hair and the rough edges that look hand drawn seemed to turn vector in LB. I like both Itaru and Na-Ga I wouldn't call one style better than the other. They both have different styles that set themselves apart from other art.

I just want to see some justice in art transition in LB! as well as a great staff
Old 2012-04-03, 01:13   Link #366
Fabrice
Padawan

According to Baba
Quote:
he said the producers have been under tremendous pressure since they are aware of the high expectation of the fans.
Meaning that really the chances for it to be Kyoani is low judging from that comment. I think Key gave the go ahead to a new production company which I think might not even be P.A works too.

Since its a new production company working with Key, They hance feel "tremendous pressure" Since well out of all the series, they took Little Busters! in which in my opinion IS the hardest one to adapt! Why on earth did Key would take that risk Im not so sure.

It might still be Kyoani in some way since well maybe they are worried that they might not reproduce the same quality as they succesfully did with Clannad, Air and Kanon.

Im just assuming, but please ill be worried if its a new production in charge, who knows who the team/staff will be in charge. At least with Kyoani, they worked with Key, they know whats it like since they did 3 adaptation. So By far they should be the ones to do it. Of course there would be pressure, but not as much if its a NEW production studio...

Ill be so ecstatic to see Ishihara Tatsuya and his team in charge like the good old days of Air, kanon and Clannad.
Old 2012-04-03, 01:21   Link #367
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
This is from MAL

The President of Visual Arts announced in his twitter account that the cast of Little Busters anime hasn't been fixed yet but the anime will be aired not so far in the future. He didn't reveal the production studio but he said the producers have been under tremendous pressure since they are aware of the high expectation of the fans. He said the quality of the trailer was not high because Visual Arts themselves made the animation using image sequences sent from the production studio.

Does the production studio pertain to their own or just drafts from the studio which will be handling this?
Old 2012-04-03, 01:35   Link #368
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Does the production studio pertain to their own or just drafts from the studio which will be handling this?
I think it just means that they contracted with a company to produce the animation drawings for them, and it was up to them to sequence the resulting images. I've heard of some other small animation contracts being done this way (you're just handed a stack of image files, and it's up to you to do the backgrounds and sequencing on the computer). So in other words, it was an in-house production (but the drawing was outsourced). That's the way most animated eroge OPs are done as well.
Old 2012-04-03, 05:38   Link #369
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice View Post
Meaning that really the chances for it to be Kyoani is low judging from that comment. I think Key gave the go ahead to a new production company which I think might not even be P.A works too.
I don't get why it is so. Why wouldn't KyoAni be under pressure? In fact why would any production company be not under pressure if they know the high expectation of fans? Just because they have previous experience working with Key, doesn't mean KyoAni can't feel pressurized to meet the expectation of fans. Actually one might argue they would feel even more pressurized because of the high expectation placed on them.
Old 2012-04-03, 08:33   Link #370
Fabrice
Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I don't get why it is so. Why wouldn't KyoAni be under pressure? In fact why would any production company be not under pressure if they know the high expectation of fans? Just because they have previous experience working with Key, doesn't mean KyoAni can't feel pressurized to meet the expectation of fans. Actually one might argue they would feel even more pressurized because of the high expectation placed on them.
Thats what i meant when i said
Quote:
they are worried that they might not reproduce the same quality as they succesfully did with Clannad, Air and Kanon.
If it's not Kyoto Animation, I can't really say I'm looking forward to this as much. If it doesn't exceed KyoAni's standard (which actually had some room for improvement as well), I'll be so disappointed. ._.

However What would you guys think if Frontier Work and White Fox did LB! ?
Like they did with Steins;gate. Having the team of Hamasaki, Hiroshi, Satou, Takuya and Hanada, Jukki would be something.

Last edited by Fabrice; 2012-04-03 at 08:53. Reason: Add more content
Old 2012-04-03, 09:08   Link #371
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Kyoani would be the best but White Fox would probably do an excellent job.
The Steins;Gate anime was fantastic and the second Rewrite op is gorgeous.
It would be pretty interesting to see a different studio tackle LB! as well.
Old 2012-04-03, 11:09   Link #372
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Well Kyo is already working on another title after Hyouka, so this would be tough to for them to focus on two titles at a time. I hope a well known studio picks it up if it's not Kyo.
Wait, what's the other thing they're planning on doing?

Probably not another Haruhi adaptation (I wish), since Kadokawa already shot down those expectations and they hold the rights.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Old 2012-04-03, 11:20   Link #373
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

From MAL:
Quote:
The President of Visual Arts announced on his twitter account that the cast of Little Busters anime hasn't been fixed yet but the anime will be aired not so far in the future. He didn't reveal the production studio but he said the producers have been under tremendous pressure since they are aware of the high expectation of the fans. He said the quality of the trailer was not high because Visual Arts themselves made the animation using image sequences sent from the production studio.
Well that explains the LQ trailer. The fact that KEY themselves said that the trailer was LQ just raises the chances of a very-high tier company on getting this. Kyoto Animation is still in the running but it wouldn't be bad if PA Works gets it.
Old 2012-04-03, 17:13   Link #374
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
Wait, what's the other thing they're planning on doing?

Probably not another Haruhi adaptation (I wish), since Kadokawa already shot down those expectations and they hold the rights.
KyoAni is working on Chūni-byō Demo Koi Shitai!
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109231
Old 2012-04-03, 23:11   Link #375
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
They have not disclosed how long this other works is or what format. It could be an OVA or 12 episode series. It could even be put on the back burner for all we know. Some are speculating, saying it won't be too long since source material is not very much.
Old 2012-04-04, 00:50   Link #376
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

i just remembered about a studio that have not been mentioned: AIC
Old 2012-04-04, 03:47   Link #377
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
i just remembered about a studio that have not been mentioned: AIC
i have mixed feelings of that, since some of its latest productions werent that good animated.
Old 2012-04-04, 04:48   Link #378
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You better check a few years worth of productions regarding this matter. The biggest problem with AIC though is that they tend to make weird adaptation choices.
Old 2012-04-04, 04:52   Link #379
Fabrice
Padawan

Oh please not AIC, LB! is too big for them!

Last edited by Fabrice; 2012-04-04 at 08:27. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 2012-04-04, 06:03   Link #380
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice View Post
Oh please not AIC, LB! is not big for them!
Get AIC Build (OreImo, Haganai) to animate this, but I doubt it since they usually butchered some character's personalities and some plot holes.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Closed Thread

Tags
anime game, little busters