AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-11-23, 00:32   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 847 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Spoiler time! Credit goes to AP's Sandman for the summary:

-Chapter title is "Luffy and Big Mom". No splash info yet.

-In the mirror world, Chopper and Carrot are captured by Brulee. Carrot is about to be thrown into a hot furnace by the wicked daughter of Big Mom, while Chopper (currently in his Heavy Point) is tied up. However.... Chopper anticipated that he would eventually be caught, and has planned ahead. The enemy is unaware of the number of transformations he's capable, so he can simply break himself free if he morphs. What's more, he can still use his Monster Point...!!!

-Meanwhile, in Big Mom's castle, the empress herself shows a book to the Vinsmokes... which contains several rare creatures from around the globe. Turns out, they were imprisoned within the book thanks to her son Mont d'Or's ability. Judge mentions that despite Totland's diverse population, he has yet to see any giants. Interestingly, Linlin does not respond very kindly to the word "giant"...

-Soon, BM's men come to report that they've captured Luffy and Nami.... who are ALSO imprisoned within a book. Big Mom communicates with them via denden mushi, telling them that she'll open the Tamatebako from mermaid island at tomorrow's tea party. When Nami tells her that she met Lola, BM becomes enraged, saying that Lola managed to escape from what would have been the Charlotte family's biggest political marriage. If she had accepted the proposal, then Linlin would have gained the power to defeat the other emperors and become the next Pirate King...!!!

-Luffy, however, is not impressed by Mama's speech. He calls it dumb, saying that it was ultimately up to Lola to choose who she'd marry, so it's BM herself who has yet to become Pirate King by her own power. He tells her not to get so cocky, even if she IS one of the Yonkou. He once again says that he'll take back Sanji, and it will ultimately be his crew who wins in the end. Naturally, Linlin is most displeased by Luffy's words....

-Meanwhile, Brooke and Pedro are about to set their plan in motion. Brooke says that it's time to start a special live concert in Big Mom's castle!!!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-23, 02:15   Link #2
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

-Soon, BM's men come to report that they've captured Luffy and Nami.... who are ALSO imprisoned within a book. Big Mom communicates with them via denden mushi, telling them that she'll open the Tamatebako from mermaid island at tomorrow's tea party. When Nami tells her that she met Lola, BM becomes enraged, saying that Lola managed to escape from what would have been the Charlotte family's biggest political marriage. If she had accepted the proposal, then Linlin would have gained the power to defeat the other emperors and become the next Pirate King...!!!
Interessting. Who could have been the husband, to give BM instantly so much power, that she can defeat the other Emperors? Even the whole power of the WG wouldn't be enough…
It looks like BM isn't really on good terms with Lola. It didn't look this way back in Thriller Bark. Why did Lola gave the Vivrecard away then? (And why did she get one in the first place)
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-23, 14:33   Link #3
Rainbowman

BM certainly is stubborn and that may be her downfall.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-23, 21:26   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

It seems the conspiracy is getting more better and better..

In the other hand, i would like to see Gang Bege's revolt for this..

Brook, please song Bink's Sake to the audience of Big Mom.. They will love it a lot XD
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 07:47   Link #5
noktown

While Luffy's words sound badass, considering the beating he took last chapter they don't make as much of an impact as they might have.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 09:12   Link #6
Ramero

I see.. So Germa never met Elbaf are they?

Big Mom looks like get upset when Judge was talking about giants but Judge doesn't talk about her instead he want to know about Giants or Elbaf.
Old 2016-11-24, 12:05   Link #7
watisit

Well, the incident from Fishman Island is really going to come back to bite them.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 13:07   Link #8
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
While Luffy's words sound badass, considering the beating he took last chapter they don't make as much of an impact as they might have.
It's his conviction and determination. Luffy even acknowledged that Big Mom could beat the crap out of him right now. But his unwavering resolve is unmatched and we can tell it's messing with Big Mom's confidence. Luffy's right - Big Mom is being cocky right now despite her standing in the OP verse and that's going to end up biting her.

@The Small One - That's my question as well. To gain leverage over the other emperors and become pirate king is a huge deal. Who is this guy affiliated with? What does he possess? Very intrigued by this.
Old 2016-11-24, 13:35   Link #9
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

so what's in the Tamatebako? a trap?
Old 2016-11-24, 14:35   Link #10
Kaz_

To tell the truth, Im starting to grow tired of those "enslaving" type of Devil Fruits already considering Moria and Sugar. They always seem so badass and immortal at first glance only to end-up as the weakest and most unreliable powers available for combat purposes. Moria had his moments but Sugar? That gal cant survive 2 mins in field against monsters. Im expecting the same from this Book guy...He is just a story tool that will probably get owned by Usopp's gimmicks in the end.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 17:08   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
I believe it was said to be a bomb. Big Mom is in for a nice surprise. Of course, I don't expect this bomb to actually kill anybody...
Old 2016-11-24, 19:15   Link #12
WyrdMonger

So does anyone else think Linlin is a good a parent as Judge is?
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 20:33   Link #13
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I believe it was said to be a bomb. Big Mom is in for a nice surprise. Of course, I don't expect this bomb to actually kill anybody...
Probably have a function like Momotaro when he opens the chest, he will aged a lot suddenly XD

Still i wonder what kind of explosives that the minister of fishman island store on Tametabako and i wonder if the E.S. drug also still there even Hody already took it.

This is like a double arc mixed up together.. Eines Lobby and Thriller Bark Arc itself are mixed to one.
Old 2016-11-24, 21:34   Link #14
Wandering Soul

I'm honestly most curious who Lola was supposed to marry. What faction could this guy have been part of?
Old 2016-11-24, 22:06   Link #15
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I'm on the edge of my seat.. this chapter is so tense

I guess Lola will marry someone from the Marine since it should be someone that powerful
Probably Revolutionary Army but nah... there is no way they'll contact Big Mom

Honestly, I can't imagine any of StrawHat might get out from this mess.. except if somehow Tamakobakko hold something unbelievably powerful to let them out
I think this chapter put some clue about how genuine Pudding is.. if she is evil, she'll show up right now together with Big Mom in front of Luffy and Nami
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 23:12   Link #16
adriankhoo153

Hmm.. If BM hates Lola so much and Lola of course knowing that, why would she even say if they meet trouble they may ask for help from BM. She know that BM will surely despise her and make her more rage. Then why would Lola even wan to give Nami BM virve card? I am thinking there is more story to it. Lola will surely wont give Nami BM virve card if she know it will do more harm to them.

And the most golden question is who is she suppose to married to? I am thinking the man/creatures will be as powerful as a Yonko. If not it wont give an impact to BM as the alliance. Maybe Blackbeard? Or maybe another all new person. But if he is then he should bave been at least being mention. Someone as powerful as that couldnt be not even mention yet until now.. Hmmmm
adriankhoo153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-25, 00:05   Link #17
Slayerx

Idea on the missing Giants. Perhaps it's because of big moms dream for all her children to be the same height as her. She has enough issues trying to make her children big enough to sit with her, she doesn't want to have to find a way to shrink down Giants so they can fit as well. The subject of the missing Giants does seem to anger her

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
The box contains the drugs that body used on fish,an island. However the fish men boobytrapped the box to explode if anyone were to open it again. Big mom is in for a nasty surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriankhoo153 View Post
Hmm.. If BM hates Lola so much and Lola of course knowing that, why would she even say if they meet trouble they may ask for help from BM. She know that BM will surely despise her and make her more rage. Then why would Lola even wan to give Nami BM virve card? I am thinking there is more story to it. Lola will surely wont give Nami BM virve card if she know it will do more harm to them.
big mom explained it herself; Lola has no idea how mama really feels. Big mom has shown a great deal of love for her children, so much so that it seems unconditonal; However it very much IS conditional. Big mom loves her kids but she expects absolute loyalty in return. Lola likely thought what she did was not that big of a deal; mom showered her with love and told her about how good this match would be for her, while never really hitting just how mad it would make her if Lola did not follow through.

Quote:
And the most golden question is who is she suppose to married to? I am thinking the man/creatures will be as powerful as a Yonko. If not it wont give an impact to BM as the alliance. Maybe Blackbeard? Or maybe another all new person. But if he is then he should bave been at least being mention. Someone as powerful as that couldnt be not even mention yet until now.. Hmmmm
Not Blackbeard. This marriage proposal would have occurred before thriller bark, which would be before Blackbeard was a big deal.

Two ideas. First, it could be related to the ancient weapons. The ancient weapons could indeed have the power to destroy the others. We know of pluton and poisiden but perhaps there is another and the person who Lola was to marry had the key to awaken it. Maybe there is someesle who can read the Poneglyphs. Not only would that unlock the ancient weapons but it would reveal the road to one piece

Another idea would be whatever doflamingo was talking about. He said if he laws power a long time ago he could have taken advantage of some secret the world nobles hold. Perhaps Lola's marriage was related to that
Old 2016-11-25, 00:05   Link #18
Ramero

Maybe Golden Lion Shiki? Some Influental person that was quite a legend was Shiki that he even can make a plan to dominate the world.

I wonder which one is it that makes Big Mom pirates goes very influential if it marry to Lola. One of the past that make sense is Golden Lion Shiki, we know he is a renowned pirate strategist and marine state he is one of the legend of the seas.
Old 2016-11-25, 00:53   Link #19
marvelB

If I had to take a crack at guessing who Lola was supposed to marry..... I'd probably lean towards Vegapunk. I think it's safe to say that gaining the favor of the world's most brilliant mind would grant one immense power and influence, and I could definitely see Big Mom taking an interest in him, since she's currently doing business with two other scientists (Caesar, Judge.... both of whom, coincidentally, ALSO have a past connection to Vegapunk). However, the biggest problem with this theory is that the WG definitely wouldn't stay quiet if they were about to lose their top researcher.... but if Judge was willing to throw away his seat at the Reverie to ally himself with another world power, then it's probably not impossible for Vegapunk to switch sides, as well..... though his decision would be met with quite a bit of resistance, to be certain.

Anyway, I dunno if anyone else brought it up yet, but I found it quite interesting that Big Mom showed such an angry reaction when Judge brought up Totland's apparent lack of giants. Does she harbor some great hatred towards the race or something? She's practically the size of a giant herself, so I'm pretty curious what her deal with them is. I guess it's connected to why she wants Caesar to make her a gigantification drug....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz_ View Post
Im expecting the same from this Book guy...He is just a story tool that will probably get owned by Usopp's gimmicks in the end.
Except Usopp's not around to take down Mont d'Or. He went to Wano, remember?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-25, 02:02   Link #20
The Small One

Actually I was also thinking about Vegapunk. Damn, we need to know more about him.
There isn't a single arc he isn't mentioned. We always get to know a little bit more info about him, but never enough.
It's basically as if the whole story is around Vegapunk… it should be called Vegapunk and not "One Piece".
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote