AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-04-21, 09:14   Link #1781
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Maybe you're right. It'd be good if it's like that. But he probably shouldn't do that as he might end up more exhausted afterwards.

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]
DragonOsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 10:00   Link #1782
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

As long as he can decide how much stamina he loses by controlling the duration and number of shots, it's a fair deal.

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
-Kurt Cobain

katokateki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 20:02   Link #1783
Tbolt

If you look at it from a different angle, Technique types want to control the battle and there adversary with "Technique attacks". But if a Power type can cope with the attacks and us power at the right times it can start to push the Technique type into a corner.
Old 2017-04-27, 03:42   Link #1784
aw454wtr

The rating game in vol 22 is a good example,even if Ise can only fire infinity blaster once its more than enough

The whole game was barakiel using superior tactics and ravel just went "Ise blow the whole place up" and that undid all those tactics

A person could have 100's of countering techniques, but what good are they when a power type can just nuke the whole field without even directly targeting the technique type user
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 06:05   Link #1785
B214

And what if Ise is place in a situation where he isn't allow to destroy the entire battlefield, like in Volume 5. Remember this is a Rating Game, the purpose isn't to just test their strength, but to test how a King and its servant adapt to situations.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 06:33   Link #1786
Sparda4
Dark Knight

In an actual battle anyone but the ones with the most hax techniques can match a full power type. But i'm seriously hungry for technique and strategy oriented battle just like the devil society. Can't wait to see what Sona cooks up Issei's going to have a hard time.
Old 2017-04-27, 09:03   Link #1787
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparda4 View Post
In an actual battle anyone but the ones with the most hax techniques can match a full power type. But i'm seriously hungry for technique and strategy oriented battle just like the devil society. Can't wait to see what Sona cooks up Issei's going to have a hard time.
I don't fully agree this. In an actual battle, the environment or situation will be the most important factor. Even if you have the most power the environment may prevent you from utilising that power. A scenario, Ise's allies are scattered across the battlefield too injured to move, can Ise just go infinity blaster and destroy the entire battlefield with his allies in it.

This is why Rating Game puts restriction and rules into it, it's not just meant as a sport, it's also meant to be a form of training for battle or war when required. If you can't perform in different situations when needed, then how are you going to be useful on an actual battlefield. No one knows how a battlefield will turn out to be like after all.
Old 2017-04-27, 10:01   Link #1788
DragonOsman
Dragon King

But people in the series also keep saying that Ise has trouble in Rating Games because he's more used to real battle situations. But yeah, in some cases what B214 is saying would hold true even in real battles.

It's still true that there are situations not only in Rating Games but also in real battles were tactics are important and pure power isn't enough, though. Remember what Barakiel said. What would a pure power-oriented fighter with no tactics do against someone like the First Gen. Sun Wukong whom none of their attacks work on because they just won't hit for whatever reason? The power-oriented fighter would just uselessly tire him-/herself out like that if he/she isn't careful.

What Tbolt said in Post #1783 still stands, though.

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]
Old 2017-04-27, 12:07   Link #1789
Jedsada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparda4 View Post
Quote:
Therefore, just as water retains no constant shape, so in warfare there are no constant conditions. - the Art of War, Sun Tzu

Sona's team is very versatile, but conditions in Rating Games or Battlefields will not always favor her team. Back in Vol.12, Sona faced Hero Faction in a disadvantage situation and was beaten badly.

I wish that Issei, Asia and Xenovia, who performed poorly in Vol.5, will show an improvement from that match. I don't think Ishibumi sensei will let those three repeat the same mistakes or perform poorly again. (I cannot be sure though)
Jedsada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 12:11   Link #1790
B214

I would facepalm if Asia gets hit by reverse again and ends up eliminating her own allies.
Old 2017-04-27, 14:19   Link #1791
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, there exists a thing called PIS, but I really hope Ishibumi doesn't use it. And this isn't just about Asia being hit by Reverse again, it's also extending to everything else considered stupid that Ise others can do because of the plot.

Old 2017-04-27, 14:32   Link #1792
Lucidrago

Well Sona and her peerage don't have Reverse this time. And Rias and her servants have strong feelings between them. And plus this is Asia we're talking about and it happened to Issei of all people. How do you think she would react? Rias and her servants were very prone to act recklessly when it involved their comrades. Now they have gotten better with that. At least I hope so. And I wouldn't say that they performed poorly but Sona is a genius when it comes to tactics and strategy. She will come up with a bunch of different solutions to stop Issei and his team in their tracks. Look at what happened during Issei's matches against Barakiel and Dulio.
Lucidrago is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 15:33   Link #1793
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

What I'm anticipating is a primarily Saji's power-up showcase.

Why is this match in an SS? Because the match doesn't focus on anything as significant as highlighting Ise's team's weaknesses.

What I expect is a match that does justice to Saji's training and gives him an opportunity to challenge the current Ise before he gets yet another power-up.

Things like Sona utilising the full potential of Saji and the artificial SGs are expected, but nah. Not much more. I mean, it would be weird if they put things like Ise maturing as a King in an SS rather than the Barakiel match.

So, yeah, I'm not keeping my hopes up too high, it's basically just the much-less anticipated Ise x Saji fight along with some development for the Sitri group maybe.

But can it be like a main volume with some extra SS thrown around? Kinda like the Dark Knight in Sunny Spot(don't remember exactly) one? Well, then yeah, forget the above BS.

-Kurt Cobain

Old 2017-04-27, 16:38   Link #1794
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Well this fight will be focused on 2 possible things:

1) Saji showing how strong he got compared to Issei currently

2) Saji get's a power up during the fight. ( But seriously couldn't he just take one of the gems ? It's not that hard to do.)
Old 2017-04-27, 16:42   Link #1795
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

Quote:
But seriously couldn't he just take one of the gems ? It's not that hard to do.
Sorry, what gem are you talking about? Like the Pokemon gem that evolves Pokemons explicitly?

-Kurt Cobain

Old 2017-04-27, 16:44   Link #1796
Sparda4
Dark Knight

The Sekiryuutei gem the one that his WHOLE armor is covered with. Not very hard to knock one of those out.
Old 2017-04-27, 16:44   Link #1797
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Lucidrago: You do realize that the things you mentioned that Ise has trouble with are all of the things I'm saying he needs to fix, right? Incorporating technique and techniques into his and his team's strategy and fighting style will help with that. Also keep in mind how well Sona managed to make use of his strengths when she commanded the Gremory peerage when Rias wasn't there. It showed that Ise can do really well with the right strategy and tactics. That and the times Ise himself used tactics (plus the part where he commanded his comrades himself back in Kyoto once).

Edit: Two posts late.
@katokateki: He's talking about the jewels that Ise and Vali's armor suits are covered with in their armored forms. Remember how Ise took one of Vali's jewels from his Balance Breaker armor before and became able to use Albion's abilities?

Old 2017-04-27, 16:55   Link #1798
Sparda4
Dark Knight

YUP. It's not hard to take one. So if Saji could manage to take one well that would open up something real nice. Remember what happened when Saji took Issei's blood ? It had a very little bit of Ddraig in it so god only knows what would happen if he took a gem. But i will be clear now i DON'T want Saji to gain Boost like Issei got Divide. Something different something unique that fits Saji that's what i would want.
Old 2017-04-27, 16:59   Link #1799
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Um, how would Saji get something different? If he takes one of the Sekiryuutei's gems, it's only reasonable and will only really make sense for him to get one of the Sekriyuutei's abilities.

Old 2017-04-27, 17:03   Link #1800
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

Okay, that's quite far-off. Don't you think it would already have been done before, if it were possible? Would help in those battles against 666...

I mean, wtf! It was Ise, the other half of the two Heavenly Dragons! There must have been some specific reason for it to be happening(idk, compatibility?). If there was not, then that's just stupid. No idea why not everybody's doing it already. Moreover, I guess it was Ddraig who made it possible. Vritra is just speculation.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

-Kurt Cobain