AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-18, 22:46   Link #1321
Tenzen12

That's terribly generic thinking. Fortunetely Oregairu know better than this (and that's why it's popular).
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 22:49   Link #1322
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That's terribly generic thinking. Fortunetely Oregairu know better than this (and that's why it's popular).
Just because it uses a famous plot developing device makes it generic? Then all the stories in the world are generic then. You have terrible logic.
The way you approach problems is what makes it fantastic.
This novel is popular, not because 8man solves problems. It's the way he approaches and how he solves them.

Last edited by iCK; 2013-11-18 at 23:13.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 23:20   Link #1323
Tenzen12

Guy A save girl B = Girl B fall for guy A. This equation is generic and unfortunetely not in good way. Not sure whether it "famous" device, but it's boring and outworn one.

Current relationship between Hikki and Yukino is based on being able understand and respect (into certain degree) each other circumistances, abilities and philosophy. That might develope in romantic affection in future. But neither of them are kind of person who would fall for someone for superfical reason.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-11-18 at 23:32.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 00:17   Link #1324
Dark_Exdous

Yukino wasn't the club in the last chapter.
And Hachiman wonders what exactly he wants to protect.

Hachiman Saved the Club But he isnt happy so he wonders what he really wants to protect.In My View What He Really Wants to Protect Is His Relationship With Yukino.Without Yukino The Club is Nothing since she's the girl he always admire and wants to be friends with.Yui Is More Like A Bridge To Connect hachiman and Yukino Together
Dark_Exdous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 00:20   Link #1325

i read the summary of volume 8 , i just realize yui and yukinon have their own agendas in the club. *sigh*
( i think )
0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 00:25   Link #1326
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Guy A save girl B = Girl B fall for guy A. This equation is generic and unfortunetely not in good way. Not sure whether it "famous" device, but it's boring and outworn one.
I agree. And technically, this has already happened; however it doesn't look like that ship is going to take off any time soon (Remember Yui's thoughts about Hikki's actions in volume 5, and how she almost got to confess as a side effect. We could argue that SakiSaki is the same, but she never has left the kawanantoka joke realm).

Also, since this series has been all about breaking the mold when it counts, I would be even more inclined to predict that hate might be born from being saved (of course it wouldn't end like that, but oh well; it's just a thought).
Old 2013-11-19, 01:29   Link #1327
Shadow5YA

Yukino and Hachiman technically aren't "saved" either. Yukino is still chasing after her sister's shadow, and Hachiman is still more or less Hachiman.

It's also quite possible that Yukino's obsession with surpassing her sister is what got her isolated in the first place. She is always so uptight when it comes to Haruno that it's likely anyone who may have been close to her just get frustrated like how Yui did.

It is nice that Hachiman isn't committing social suicide anymore though.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 05:19   Link #1328
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
My shorted version theory on why Yukino will love and win 8man.
Falling in love because of him being a knight in shining armor is... not very good way of romancing.

I'd rather say they can fall in love because they have similar hobbies, similar outlook on life(mostly), they treat each other equally even when arguing, they respect and (at least in Hikki's case) outright admire each other(that's what he himself said in the end of Ep.9 and, moreover, that's what he said in Chapter 3 of the first volume when commenting her lecture to Yui).

Of course it doesn't mean they will, we're at the author's mercy here. I just stated the reasons they may be together.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 21:49   Link #1329

八幡「お前が生徒会長になるのなんて嫌だ一緒にいられなくなる」 雪乃「なら一緒にやればいいでしょう。それにその程度壊れるような関係でもないでしょ?」 結衣「・・・・・・・・

can someone translate this....
Old 2013-11-19, 22:47   Link #1330
runset

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0226 View Post
八幡「お前が生徒会長になるのなんて嫌だ一緒にいられなくなる」 雪乃「なら一緒にやればいいでしょう。それにその程度壊れるような関係でもないでしょ?」 結衣「・・・・・・・・

Spoiler for Translation:

As expected she's angry because of hachiman and it's rare for Hachiman to say something like that, it's like he became more honest now...
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 23:05   Link #1331
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Mmmm.. I feel like there's something more from that line? Like not only Hachiman seems more honest but it seems like Yukino is kinda forcing Hachiman to side with her? It's like she's desperate to make Hachiman stays by her side?

Yui reaction is interesting too. If my above assumption about Yukino is correct then I can see why she doesn't like her method

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 23:20   Link #1332
runset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Mmmm.. I feel like there's something more from that line? Like not only Hachiman seems more honest but it seems like Yukino is kinda forcing Hachiman to side with her? It's like she's desperate to make Hachiman stays by her side?

Yui reaction is interesting too. If my above assumption about Yukino is correct then I can see why she doesn't like her method
Spoiler for spoiler:
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 00:34   Link #1333
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
Spoiler for Translation:

As expected she's angry because of hachiman and it's rare for Hachiman to say something like that, it's like he became more honest now...
It sounded more like Yukino being stubborn about being the student council president.

The suggestion was worded like a "compromise", but Yukino is still trying to get what she wants without having to give up anything in return.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 03:21   Link #1334
Asahi

Quote:

Spoiler:

Without much context this sounds oddly romantic lol.
Asahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 04:37   Link #1335
Excorsism

Quote:

Here's my take on the translation.
Spoiler for Blub:

Still patiently waiting for my volumes, .
Old 2013-11-20, 05:26   Link #1336
NeutralZero

That line sounds like an indirect confession...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 07:21   Link #1337

cheesy lines there...
Old 2013-11-20, 07:49   Link #1338
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
That line sounds like an indirect confession...
One doesn't even need the shipping goggles.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 07:52   Link #1339

Old 2013-11-20, 11:15   Link #1340
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
cheesy lines there...
While it isn't often, this wouldn't be the first time that he says "something cute" too see if she cools off from a furious state.

At least previously, he didn't realy meant what he said, and it usually back fired

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck