AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-06-08, 02:15   Link #1241
Hiro Hayase

Spoiler for Volume 7, chapter 1:

The words in bold sound a bit awkward, anyone know a better way of saying that? I'm at a loss on how to edit this one.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 04:06   Link #1242
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Spoiler for Volume 7, chapter 1:

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 13:52   Link #1243
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
i still dont know how in the world the Hotogi and the Tohyama became close (NO MAN is permitted to go into the main shrine yet Kinji and Kinichi were allowed. if this is some sort of plan to have kinji marry shirayuki just by having her near him or the old members of the family try to strengthen the bonds.

also am still speculating... Himiko probably met Kagemoto the same way Kinji went HS and protected Aria...
Well, this is my speculation. Hotogi and Tohyama are 1 family....I mean as far as it goes, all the Tohyamas are male The Hotogi is comprised with females, so they were probably related... And when their children is born, boys will become tohyamas and girls will become Hotogis...So that is maybe the reason Tohyamas is able to go inside Hotogi Shrine...
and maybe Shirayuki is Kinji's cousin....
Old 2011-06-08, 15:45   Link #1244
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Was disappointed in the anime adaptations of the end of the Durandal arc. On top of most of the fight between Shirayuki and Durandal taking place off-screen while Kinji and Aria talked, the completely blew the sword grab that Kinji did. They had him do a basic two-handed stop instead of the one-handed grab him did in the LN. Really killed the epicness of the scene.
Old 2011-06-08, 16:13   Link #1245
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksassin View Post
Well, this is my speculation. Hotogi and Tohyama are 1 family....I mean as far as it goes, all the Tohyamas are male The Hotogi is comprised with females, so they were probably related... And when their children is born, boys will become tohyamas and girls will become Hotogis...So that is maybe the reason Tohyamas is able to go inside Hotogi Shrine...
and maybe Shirayuki is Kinji's cousin....
It'll be funnier if it turns out she's his twin sister!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 18:30   Link #1246
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It'll be funnier if it turns out she's his twin sister!
What? And Shirayuki tries to get sexually close to him?

That would be incest.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 20:00   Link #1247
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

That would be wincest.
Fixed for you. Admit you like it too. Just like how you're secretly massively attracted to Shiori's inner undeniable fujoshi. Oh what a bad person you are.

Anyone have text versions of the LN? Might be able to help out using those :x (my kanji recognition is, alas, terrible.)
Old 2011-06-08, 21:53   Link #1248
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Fixed for you. Admit you like it too. Just like how you're secretly massively attracted to Shiori's inner undeniable fujoshi. Oh what a bad person you are.

Anyone have text versions of the LN? Might be able to help out using those :x (my kanji recognition is, alas, terrible.)
Try Jcafe, posting links to stuff like that on animesuki is against the rules.
Old 2011-06-09, 01:14   Link #1249
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

That would be incest.
That's what'd be funny. Especially with a retrospective of the time he kissed her, or of all the times he did lust after her.

Plus, it'd get rid of the absurdity of him running from her. There at least he'd have a reason.
Old 2011-06-09, 03:57   Link #1250
ZeKeR
Superbad

I thought that the Hotogi were descended from that certain shaman woman or inb4 Seimei. at least Sherlock would have some sort of memento for Aria besides the fact that he shot his own great granddaughter with a specialized bullet made out of Irokane
Old 2011-06-09, 07:23   Link #1251
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So I've finally settled down and finished volume 6... Hmmm... How should I put this...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Kinji - So I was right; every volume Kinji and Aria gets into some kind of argument and falling out, it's like their relationship never gets anywhere- It's kind of hard for me to take any of their previous heart-warming moments seriously anymore because it doesn't go anywhere. Aria's too prone to misunderstandings and Kinji occasionally has his fit of PMS. I've complained before that his monologues are just so... Frustrating [/polite]. I went back to check some of the comments of the people defending Kinji saying he had a crappy day and everything, but that's not the excuse he gave right? No, the excuse he gave was because he doesn't want to have any more memories of Aria.

That's nothing more than a selfish excuse for himself not to get hurt, using Aria only as a justification for himself.

??????: “You are the only one that can fully understand what you are hiding. She is the only one that can judge how she feels about those things. You seem to have been protecting her from it for your own satisfaction, but I look forward to seeing whether she judges that to have been a good thing or not.”

2. Reki - It's always good to have someone tell Kinji outright that girls are attracted to him and that his perception of reality, is but an illusion. Even if Kinji doesn't get it, at least someone had said it to his face nice and clear. Now, on to the not so nice part; It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a bayonet, at that point warning bells started ringing in my head. She was absolutely serious about killing Aria, she was willing to turn on her friend, or at least someone who had treated her like a friend, she could just as easily turned on anybody as long as the [wind] orders her to.

3. Jeanne - I think she's the best character this volume. The one person that has her head straight and her act together. It's a shame that she's not part of the harem... No scratch that, it's because she's not part of the harem that's what makes her more desirable. Plus she's one of the few girls that doesn't fumble around and can have a clear and misunderstanding free conversation with Kinji.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-06-09 at 08:24.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 09:46   Link #1252
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
3. Jeanne - I think she's the best character this volume. The one person that has her head straight and her act together. It's a shame that she's not part of the harem... No scratch that, it's because she's not part of the harem that's what makes her more desirable. Plus she's one of the few girls that doesn't fumble around and can have a clear and misunderstanding free conversation with Kinji.
aside from the over-stern disposition and the lulz that comes out of it, she's also the more 'normal' girl for Kinji to talk around with. I also noticed:

Aria: talk, raeg, .45ACP flies

Shirayuki: talk, flustered talk, even more flustered talk that kinji cant track, dark side yandere talk (if with women)

Riko: talk, play stupid, activate evil mode

Reki: guess the moniker was right. you are talking to a robot.

Misaki: she'll lose her composure when you talk to her directly...

really...
Old 2011-06-09, 09:53   Link #1253
xTinXion07
-Half Vampire-

Quote:
I totally agree. And I'm not just saying this because I'm a 100% FAN of her
I hope she has more appearances.
And Either I Forgot / Skipped / or I Really Didn't know but..
Spoiler for Durandal:
Old 2011-06-09, 10:33   Link #1254
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTinXion07 View Post
I totally agree. And I'm not just saying this because I'm a 100% FAN of her
I hope she has more appearances.
And Either I Forgot / Skipped / or I Really Didn't know but..
Spoiler for Durandal:
I think its in v4 where she placed it in her crutch
Old 2011-06-09, 10:41   Link #1255
Sinta

Quote:

Give her time. I'm sure she'll join at some point.
Old 2011-06-09, 12:20   Link #1256
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
She hasn't so far though. Maybe thats why anime removed her dere scene when Kinji called her oujou and she blushed - because it gives false hopes?
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 13:39   Link #1257
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
2. Reki - It's always good to have someone tell Kinji outright that girls are attracted to him and that his perception of reality, is but an illusion. Even if Kinji doesn't get it, at least someone had said it to his face nice and clear. Now, on to the not so nice part; It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a bayonet, at that point warning bells started ringing in my head. She was absolutely serious about killing Aria, she was willing to turn on her friend, or at least someone who had treated her like a friend, she could just as easily turned on anybody as long as the [wind] orders her to.
Well, yes. She's quite as crazy as all the other girls, if usually more subdued. I'll say this for her, though: anyone who uses violence for vindication should be ready for the stakes to go all the way to the top. Sure, this time, Aria had the flimsy excuse of... whatever it's called where hand to hand was supposedly alright. But that's nothing more than an excuse, that certainly isn't valid for all the times she let bullets fly.

Though really, that's a problem for Butei as a whole. They're forced to wear guns and knives, but they can't kill no matter what? Ridiculous.
Quote:
She's practically suggested Kinji buy her a maid uniform so she could pose for him. It's only a matter of time. (Well, I guess maid uniform from the headdress thing. Maybe it's Goth-loli instead? But there's already Riko. Though maybe that's the reason they get along?)

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2011-06-09 at 17:21.
Old 2011-06-09, 14:50   Link #1258
Hiro Hayase

Couldn't Aria be a bit more inconspicuous with her word choices? K-san, A-san, and R-san...... as expected of a descendant of Sherlock Holmes lol. I'm surprised Kinji never noticed who those particular people are.

Spoiler for Volume 7, Chapter 2:

Kinji~

Btw I'm changing anterior cranium to posterior cranial fossa for now, it means the area near the cerebellum I think. So, Hikari's now Icy Tear...? Transformation? Evolution?

Spoiler for Volume 7, chapter 2:

We could change 'over here' to 'on my side.'

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-06-09 at 16:33.
Old 2011-06-09, 16:34   Link #1259
Zakoo

It was too Ichika like.

I mean ... the K , A and R thing was so obvious I don't understand how he didn't see it. That wasn't human, for somebody doing Inquesta that truly is weird.

To be so blind when his eyes are still clear asks some trolls.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 17:19   Link #1260
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
I'm not sure if I want her to Like I've said, not being part of the harem makes her more desirable.

Quote:
Well, yes. She's quite as crazy as all the other girls, if usually more subdued. I'll say this for her, though: anyone who uses violence for vindication should be ready for the stakes to go all the way to the top. Sure, this time, Aria had the flimsy excuse of... whatever it's called where hand to hand was supposedly alright. But that's nothing more than an excuse, that's certainly isn't valid for all the times she let bullets fly.

Though really, that's a problem for Butei as a whole. They're forced to wear guns and knives, but they can't kill no matter what? Ridiculous.
The difference is when Aria does it, you know it's a comic-relief moment.

Reki was doing it in a serious "I'm REALLY going to kill you, end of discussion" manner.

Quote:
She's practically suggested Kinji buy her a maid uniform so she could pose for him. It's only a matter of time. (Well, I guess maid uniform from the headdress thing. Maybe it's Goth-loli instead? But there's already Riko. Though maybe that's the reason they get along?)
It's a French thing I guess Like I've said, not being part of the harem makes her more desirable.

You know, the one that got away ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Couldn't Aria be a bit more inconspicuous with her word choices? K-san, A-san, and R-san...... as expected of a descendant of Sherlock Holmes lol. I'm surprised Kinji never noticed who those particular people are.
Nay, I'm pretty sure if all Aria did was to rearrange the names backwards, Kinji would still be stumped

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-06-09 at 18:25.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen