AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-27, 04:56   Link #6981
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Yeah but that's easily done once I start throwing money around.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 14:16   Link #6982
mtgowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
Yeah but that's easily done once I start throwing money around.
You could always take student loans and build an underground animation studio under the pretence of doing a final projects for your Asian Studies degree.

Err, that might be more practical than winning the lottery.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 18:41   Link #6983
<KS11>

Wow i've read just now about the ending of sigma in the 19th takobon...

Should've seen it coming, but that's a news that makes me feels weird after all this time :P
<KS11> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 07:17   Link #6984
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

^Ah, Sigma will end on vol 19? So that's 2 more volumes left? IIRC the latest released tankoubon is vol 17, yes?

I'm really looking forward of the Sigma adaptation of the last parts of the ZSBM2...
Old 2012-11-09, 08:45   Link #6985
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Couldn't find a manga thread and since the last two posts were talking about Sigma, I figured this would be alright.

It was announced in today's Dragon Infant that a new manga will start next month. Temporary name is Full Metal Panic! Zero. Same original work and character design, but the manga will be drawn by Kasahara Tetsuro. Appears this one will focus on the beginning of the franchise with Sousuke and Kaname.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 14:38   Link #6986
GardenAll
Haruhi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Couldn't find a manga thread and since the last two posts were talking about Sigma, I figured this would be alright.

It was announced in today's Dragon Infant that a new manga will start next month. Temporary name is Full Metal Panic! Zero. Same original work and character design, but the manga will be drawn by Kasahara Tetsuro. Appears this one will focus on the beginning of the franchise with Sousuke and Kaname.
Maybe a spinoff? It's good that the series are going on!
GardenAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 22:48   Link #6987
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Well I finally, finally, finished reading the novels.

And well all I can say?

Awesome.

Great story and a great conclusion.

Spoiler for Favourite part:

Old 2012-11-20, 15:18   Link #6988
FeistyDreams

...As of right now, I'm totally okay with pretending this doesn't exist... I reallyreallyreallyREALLY wish I could be excited and happy about it, but... I'm reallyreallyreallyREALLY not. >.> There's just so much in this image that pains me greatly, that I just can't...

And what do we really need with YET ANOTHER retelling of the SAME. STORY?

Is someone here happy about this? Any light to shed on why I should be? I could really use some enthusiasm, but I'm just feeling so very blah about this whole project... From what I can find, it's just going to be the original story from the time Sousuke gets assigned to Kaname, so there's nothing to be excited about there, and the art, honestly, does not appeal to me in the slightest, so I just...

I need some happy D:

(Because, seriously, Sousuke has a girl's butt, WHY do their appear to be buckles on his shoes, is he goth now? Sousuke, your scar, it's so high, and there's only one cut, it's not x-shaped... Why is there a laser sight on that pistol, AND WHY IS SAID PISTOL NOT A GLOCK!? and WHY exactly, is that FN P90 so gigantic? Kaname, where did your sneakers go, why are you suddenly not sporty anymore and wearing heels? Why are your socks over your knees, you don't wear OTK socks, and OMFG YOUR POOR LEG is it dislocated at the hip, 'cause that looks so painful, and AL I AM SO SORRY. JUST. SORRY. ILY AL.)
Old 2012-11-21, 00:17   Link #6989
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post

...As of right now, I'm totally okay with pretending this doesn't exist... I reallyreallyreallyREALLY wish I could be excited and happy about it, but... I'm reallyreallyreallyREALLY not. >.> There's just so much in this image that pains me greatly, that I just can't...

And what do we really need with YET ANOTHER retelling of the SAME. STORY?

Is someone here happy about this? Any light to shed on why I should be? I could really use some enthusiasm, but I'm just feeling so very blah about this whole project... From what I can find, it's just going to be the original story from the time Sousuke gets assigned to Kaname, so there's nothing to be excited about there, and the art, honestly, does not appeal to me in the slightest, so I just...

I need some happy D:

(Because, seriously, Sousuke has a girl's butt, WHY do their appear to be buckles on his shoes, is he goth now? Sousuke, your scar, it's so high, and there's only one cut, it's not x-shaped... Why is there a laser sight on that pistol, AND WHY IS SAID PISTOL NOT A GLOCK!? and WHY exactly, is that FN P90 so gigantic? Kaname, where did your sneakers go, why are you suddenly not sporty anymore and wearing heels? Why are your socks over your knees, you don't wear OTK socks, and OMFG YOUR POOR LEG is it dislocated at the hip, 'cause that looks so painful, and AL I AM SO SORRY. JUST. SORRY. ILY AL.)

Feisty, where'd you get this?
and no, definitely not, I don't even like this art, like, omfg Kaname's UGLY! and Souske looks young and immature D:

nononononono I honestly hope this doesn't happen :/
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 00:21   Link #6990
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
Feisty, where'd you get this?
and no, definitely not, I don't even like this art, like, omfg Kaname's UGLY! and Souske looks young and immature D:

nononononono I honestly hope this doesn't happen :/
The Dragon Age twitter, Shikidouji retweeted it: https://twitter.com/fj_dragonage

It's already a done deal, from the looks of things... I'm really hoping it comes out a lot better than it's been looking so far, 'cause I can't for the life of me figure out what the point is of this at all...
Old 2012-11-21, 00:28   Link #6991
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

Eeeeeugh - what IS that? Please, don't say its something OFFICIAL

Looks like some I could have drawn while I was drawing (several years ago), but the coloring job... no. Just no. And I agree with what they have done to Kaname. No. Somebody needs some art classes...

About the only thing I can say for it is I actually like the blue stripe on Sousuke's uniform - makes it match Kaname's a little.
Old 2012-11-21, 00:41   Link #6992
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomboy8888 View Post
Eeeeeugh - what IS that? Please, don't say its something OFFICIAL

Looks like some I could have drawn while I was drawing (several years ago), but the coloring job... no. Just no. And I agree with what they have done to Kaname. No. Somebody needs some art classes...

About the only thing I can say for it is I actually like the blue stripe on Sousuke's uniform - makes it match Kaname's a little.
It's official... D: It's from tentatively titled "Full Metal Panic! Zero" which is a retelling of the original FMP story by another manga artist... As far as I can tell, it's not any content that hasn't already been covered by manga, but it's not out yet, so maybe it'll surprise me... This isn't a new manga artist, either, Kasahara has some other works...

Yeah, the stripe on the boys' uniforms was always supposed to match the girls... If you look at the few pics from the novel art where the boys' uniform is colored, you'll see it's blue there, too. I have absolutely no idea where the decision came in to make it purple in the anime *shrug* Maybe it didn't look so good in practice? I don't know...
Old 2012-11-21, 00:47   Link #6993
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Do not want.

And God forbid if we see another series I don't want this art to influence it all.

Shiki Douji's style only please.

Old 2012-11-21, 00:50   Link #6994
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
It's official... D: It's from tentatively titled "Full Metal Panic! Zero" which is a retelling of the original FMP story by another manga artist... As far as I can tell, it's not any content that hasn't already been covered by manga, but it's not out yet, so maybe it'll surprise me... This isn't a new manga artist, either, Kasahara has some other works...

Yeah, the stripe on the boys' uniforms was always supposed to match the girls... If you look at the few pics from the novel art where the boys' uniform is colored, you'll see it's blue there, too. I have absolutely no idea where the decision came in to make it purple in the anime *shrug* Maybe it didn't look so good in practice? I don't know...

Let it be a concept piece, then... trying it on for size, perhaps... or seeing how well the artist could do in a short period of time... Don't let this be final work
Old 2012-11-21, 00:59   Link #6995
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
Do not want.

And God forbid if we see another series I don't want this art to influence it all.

Shiki Douji's style only please.
Same... Just... everything you said, I agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomboy8888 View Post
Let it be a concept piece, then... trying it on for size, perhaps... or seeing how well the artist could do in a short period of time... Don't let this be final work
It's... from the manuscript... sent in... under review... *whimper* I wish I had good news for you...
Old 2012-11-21, 01:11   Link #6996
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

You know, I would rather have this: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-novel-project

If that is our dear little mascot peeking out from behind the girl... He's got friends...
Old 2012-11-21, 01:15   Link #6997
FeistyDreams

Ahahah, I'm looking forward to that. ^^ Amagi Brilliant Park looks like it might be cute, and with Bonta-kun in it, it's gotta have promise~ XD Sad that it got delayed, though, I was hoping to pick it up. ...Ah, well, I guess I'm gonna have to stick to SAO when I make my next Kinokuniya order ^^;;
Old 2012-11-21, 05:18   Link #6998
mtgowns

A re-telling of FMP! with shabbier art? Whoever is drawing must be doing it for free because it makes noooo sense otherwise.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 13:47   Link #6999
Hippo
Careful now.

The colours are muddy and dull, the proportions are all wrong, the anatomy is just confusing (is that a stripe on his trousers or his butt? Dear god I hope it is a stripe, if it is a butt then why oh why is it facing that direction?) It is just bad in every way. If that wasn't bad enough the characters look awful - Kaname's over knee socks and heels make her look like a completey different type of character - we can't see her stomping on Sousuke in those shoes, she'll kill him! Oh god, Sousuke... what have they done to him... neatly combed side swept emo hair, delicate scar on his graceful model-good-looks cheekbone... euw.

The only thin strand of hope I can try and get is that maybe they are doing a reboot so that when the new series is announced (yes, when!) people who missed it originally will know the story, but that doesn't explain why they would change the characters so much.

Okay, after looking for more work from Kasahara Tetsuro I think we can be clear he (or she?) has a socks over knee fetish...
Spoiler for Not actually a spoiler but pic heavy:

Looking at his other work, I do actually like his subdued colours but he certainly does not have a good grasp of anatomy

Last edited by Hippo; 2012-11-21 at 13:58.
Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 13:42   Link #7000
<KS11>

The art of full metal panic zero is terrible......

I really don't have words for this...and anyway WHY??? Why make another attempt to suck blood on a dead corpse?

I don't get it, but it's the first time that i hope that no one will buy that s**t about FMP..
<KS11> is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen