AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-14, 23:21   Link #201
setsunafseiei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
As the saying goes: a picture often tells more than a thousand words.
Seems like I heard that kind of line before but the girl ended up .....

Spoiler for Shigatsu Kimi No Uso:
Old 2015-03-14, 23:23   Link #202
Oboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsunafseiei View Post
Seems like I heard that kind of line before but the girl ended up .....

Spoiler for Shigatsu Kimi No Uso:
epic trainwreck
Old 2015-06-26, 23:03   Link #203
drawr

I've seen people upset about the fact that Asseylum "simply made a speech for peace" and got what she wanted, and while I understand the complaints of it being rushed, I think it makes some sense. Yes, people in the show have said she would not be able to do anything, but that was when she was simply a princess. I believe the whole reason behind the political marriage and crowning herself empress was to increase her influence so that her declaration would have far more weight.
As we can see from the counts resisting, it was not a perfect repel, but she also does not need to fight them to get them to listen.
I think her character as well as everyone else's could have been done better, but I believe she always had the power to, well, have a lot of power.
Old 2015-06-28, 08:34   Link #204
Ryuga

^
IMO, Asseylum had the right idea all along. The wars were silly in the first place and could've easily been avoided through negotiations and trade, they never needed to happen. Which is why I respect Asseylum the most out of all the characters. She took the reins and got things done.
Old 2015-06-30, 12:39   Link #205
glaceon_cute

Actually, the fact that she tried to talk to the Counts in Ep 24.5 makes me glad, because she understands that the war is over but the peace isn't there yet. She really grew up.

Although it doesn't say, I believe Asseylum did make a trade with Earth by building the Hypergate. Not "you stupid why do you give up your only power" like some of the fans said.

Their characters could have been done better with more dialogues and more expression. Well Takayama did say Aoki removed lots of his dialogues so, I guess this's intentional?
Old 2015-10-18, 13:35   Link #206
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
^
IMO, Asseylum had the right idea all along. The wars were silly in the first place and could've easily been avoided through negotiations and trade, they never needed to happen. Which is why I respect Asseylum the most out of all the characters. She took the reins and got things done.
By opening her legs, using her sex appeal.

Her basic ideology was... "Gotta be nice to everyone."

She was comatose for all of the second cour and didn't know WTF was going on.

She solved everything by proposing to a "really cute and powerful guy."

She didn't win by virtue of her courage, intelligence, tactical prowess, honor. The dumbest person in the solar system won at the end.
Old 2015-10-18, 15:03   Link #207
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
She didn't win by virtue of her courage, intelligence, tactical prowess, honor.
Actually, it took all of that to propose what she did.
Old 2015-10-18, 16:16   Link #208
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Actually, it took all of that to propose what she did.
No, just naivety.

She wishes for the best and crosses her fingers.
Old 2015-10-18, 16:56   Link #209
monster

Quote:
No, just naivety.

She wishes for the best and crosses her fingers.
Even if that were true, it doesn't contradict what I said.
Old 2015-10-18, 20:11   Link #210
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Even if that were true, it doesn't contradict what I said.
Yes it does. She was not smart. She was not a philosopher. She was not a fountain of ideas. She had no ideology other than being nice. She was a sheltered, privileged princess of low intelligence. She didn't even have charisma. No one gaves a rats ass about her speeches. No one was inspired to fight for her. Her most rousing speeches were given by her sister in disguise.

Lemrina was much wiser, noble, intelligent, educated. She was superior to her sister in every way but looks and health.
Old 2015-10-18, 21:18   Link #211
monster

Quote:
Yes it does. She was not smart. She was not a philosopher. She was not a fountain of ideas. She had no ideology other than being nice. She was a sheltered, privileged princess of low intelligence. She didn't even have charisma. No one gaves a rats ass about her speeches. No one was inspired to fight for her. Her most rousing speeches were given by her sister in disguise.

Lemrina was much wiser, noble, intelligent, educated. She was superior to her sister in every way but looks and health.
And yet Lemrina couldn't stand on her own and had to use Asseylum's own power, and Asseylum was smart enough to turn that against her enemies and she was brave enough to stand up against overwhelming odd.
Old 2015-10-18, 21:35   Link #212
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
And yet Lemrina couldn't stand on her own and had to use Asseylum's own power, and Asseylum was smart enough to turn that against her enemies and she was brave enough to stand up against overwhelming odd.
What power? Asseylum had no innate power other than what she inherited.

Her public persona crafted over the months she was comatose was concocted by Lemrina and Slaine.

Her entire story is inheriting power she doesn't deserve. It's made quite clear she's not smart enough to keep her power. She's impulsive, naive, and dumb. She's just lucky. During the course of the series she's rescued 3 times by virtue of her sex appeal. Rayet strangles her to death only for white knight Inaho to ride to her rescue. Rayet curses them, telling them she's better off dead.

Lemrina warns Slaine about her nature more than once. She's useless. Lemrina should be the queen. She's smart, ruthless, scheming, and the only one who would be capable of controlling the nobles through guile. And she even buys into Slaine glorious future 100%. She promises him children with royal blood. Slaine gives her the chance to rule as an equel and not just serve as a trophy for an ambitious noble.

The series ends with an air of uncertainty, given that Asseylym's ascension doesn't make her agenda more popular. Much of the nobles who hate her guts and ideas survived. Slaine only appealed to the least racist and hardcore martians.

She has no one to really fall back on, just her husband. She has no martian friends.

She's not the only source of Aldnoah, either.
Old 2015-10-18, 21:41   Link #213
monster

Quote:
What power? Asseylum had no innate power other than what she inherited.
The power of being the First Princess of Vers.
Quote:
Her entire story is inheriting power she doesn't deserve.
That's not for you to say. But regardless of whether or not she deserved it, it still belongs to her. And she proved that she was smart enough to regain it.
Old 2015-10-18, 22:03   Link #214
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
The power of being the First Princess of Vers. That's not for you to say. But regardless of whether or not she deserved it, it still belongs to her. And she proved that she was smart enough to regain it.
Her grandfather didn't think she deserved her power. He wanted her dead.

He was about to replace her when he finally died.
Old 2015-10-18, 22:05   Link #215
monster

Quote:
Her grandfather didn't think she deserved her power. He wanted her dead.

He was about to replace her when he finally died.
Did he? And even if he did, it still didn't matter if he couldn't took her out of the line of succession.
Old 2015-10-18, 22:11   Link #216
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Did he? And even if he did, it still didn't matter if he couldn't took her out of the line of succession.
He thought she was dead and out of contention.

He kept her first in line so he could kill her, use her death to start a war. He actually hated her guts and was gonna disown her if she didn't go to Earth. That was made abundantly clear.
Old 2015-10-18, 22:13   Link #217
monster

Quote:
He thought she was dead and out of contention.

He kept her first in line so he could kill her, use her death to start a war. He actually hated her guts and was gonna disown her if she didn't go to Earth. That was made abundantly clear.
Where was this made clear? Which episode?
Old 2015-10-18, 22:38   Link #218
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Where was this made clear? Which episode?
When he basically confesses to being in league with those knights who want to conquer Earth.

He wants her dead, at least for everyone to think she's dead to justify the war. That's her value to him... as a dead princess that has to be avanged. Having her alive and pushed to second or fourth in line doesn't help his cause.
Old 2015-10-18, 22:43   Link #219
monster

Quote:
When he basically confesses to being in league with those knights who want to conquer Earth.

He wants her dead, at least for everyone to think she's dead to justify the war. That's her value to him... as a dead princess that has to be avanged. Having her alive and pushed to second or fourth in line doesn't help his cause.
Even if he took advantage of the situation, I don't recall it was ever said that he was the one behind the assassination.
Old 2015-10-18, 23:17   Link #220
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Even if he took advantage of the situation, I don't recall it was ever said that he was the one behind the assassination.
I'm pretty sure her assassination was his idea, at least partly.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters