AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-06-26, 21:30   Link #781
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well season 1 is over Izuku just breaks so easily there should of been more of that cowboy hero

6/10 Would of been better if One Punch Man got another season
Old 2016-06-27, 03:31   Link #782
Yamada II

Episode 13

All Might ran out of time yet he was bluffing in order to force the enemy to waste a few more seconds to allow reinforcements to come. That didn't happen and face palm guy went in for the kill. Midoriya stepped in to try and blow away mist man but face palm guy brought his hand in through the mist. But his hand got shot down. That accuracy though. He shot his hand and then shot the electricity guy holding Kaminari a considerable distance away. And Midoriya couldn’t do anything.

Just like how All Might is the symbol of peace, the villains are using face palm guy as the symbol of evil or something. They want to achieve an ending where the symbol of evil defeats his peaceful counterpart. The "master" guy is probably an ex hero betrayed by society or something and has gone rogue yet is keeping up a front and using it to gather information about heroes. He could very well be someone close to All Might.

That was some pretty cool stuff. This stuff may be all generic and shit but it does things so good that I really don't care. I don't really mind the pacing at all. Maybe that's because I'm really forgiving to slow animes after Overlord and Grimgar did wonders with being slow. Each episode ending with a cliffhanger managed to keep things exciting. And the whole show's entertainment is derived from these exciting fights and coolness and badassery and stuff. They did a fine job with this show. If only the artwork was better because some fight scenes didn't exactly look as sugoi as one would have expected (or maybe I'm just comparing it with One Punch Man). Definitely a good enjoyable show and looking forward to that sequel.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 05:47   Link #783
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I think the story really brings out the inherent evil of peace obtained through violence. In the end someone is always oppressed or harmed and comes back to disturb that peace. I wont say that violence is unnecessary to maintain peace, but it has repercussions that should be prepared for.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 06:17   Link #784
Mister Twit

I just marathoned this. Way better than One Punch Man, IMHO.

Looking forward to the next season, whenever that is. Really interested in some of the less-featured characters, especially Fumikage.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 20:19   Link #785
Irenesharda

This is for sure, my favorite anime of the season. I love how this series met and far exceeded my expectations.

All Might and Deku's relationship is awesome and one that I find rare in shounen. He's almost like a father to him. I loved that moment when he's standing there with his body deformed and half huge on one side, and half drug addict on the other. How he reassures Deku that he actually saved his life and that he's proud of him.

The teachers coming in was an awesome moment. They all have awesome powers and they know how to take care of business.
I can't wait to see what the "League of Villains" has in store next. I don't know when the second season will air but I'm more than excited.

I might have to avoid the forums a little as an anime-only in case of spoilers. Even guys on here could help informing us the name of the guy in the shadows in the ending.

A great ending to a stupendous series!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 20:25   Link #786
ReddyRedWolf

The guy at the end look like ninja turtle reject.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 23:40   Link #787
Chosen_Hero

Not a bad anime certainly one of the best of the season in my opinion but that's not saying much considering that this was a pretty weak anime season apart from this, Jojo (which is always excellent), Sakamoto, Joker Game (i'm a sucker for anything involving spies or any kind of detective work) and weirdly enough Kuromukuro (which has been pretty good so far). I personally wouldn't put this series in the same tier as HxH, this series is above average at best (there are many things about it that bother me but can live with). And lastly, I want to echoe the sentiment of not wanting to spend too much time on these threads due to manga readers either hinting, spoiling names in advanced without the proper tags or making so called "predictions" or "theories" that end up being exactly what happens (before the anime began I had read up until half way the arc second season will begin with so trust me when I say that I could pick these people out) due to me holding myself back from reading so that I can see it animated (which I prefer for a series of this kind).
Old 2016-07-01, 08:26   Link #788
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Finished watching the rest of the episode for My Hero Academia. Wow, I have to say that Izuku Midoriya is getting better but he still has a long way to go in order to master All Might's Quirks!

Kudos to BONES for this decent adaptation and I hope the next season would be better!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 08:27   Link #789
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada II View Post
I don't really mind the pacing at all. Maybe that's because I'm really forgiving to slow animes after Overlord and Grimgar did wonders with being slow.
I wouldn't say the pacing was slow personally (They covered about a fourth of the manga that's currently out), it feels just about right without really dragging IMO and the OST keeps you pretty pumped while also hitting you with some feels.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 06:20   Link #790
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Very good end to an excellent final arc for Season 1.

This is probably the best shounen adaptation I've watched since Full Metal Alchemist. Yes, I prefer MHA to AoT, largely for pacing reasons (MHA might not be super-fast, but it's nowhere near as slow as AoT is).

All Might is a very admirable hero with a good edge to him, and I like his very real character flaw - He takes too much on himself and doesn't ask for help enough. His bluff in this final episode wasn't exactly dumb but it was very risky, and he's fortunate that Deku didn't listen to him and rushed to his aid. From a coldly logical perspective, All Might maybe should have told the 4 kids present to try to rush/defeat the 2 remaining villains - Bakugou already has experience in overcoming the shadowy guy, and Iceman/Human Torch hybrid might be able to take Mr. Permanent Face-Palm with the help of one other student hero.

Still, like I said, this is a good character flaw, because it reflects well on All Might's great sense of responsibility and his desire to keep others out of danger as much as possible, even at grave risk to himself.

It was also very good to see other pro heroes arrive in this final episode. Some really nice character designs and costumes there, adding to the wonderful variety of this show. It's very cool that one is a highly accurate gun-user.
The most believable character flaws are ones that are a product of one of their virtues.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-08, 03:05   Link #791
Westlo
Lets be reality

Dat "You Say Run" track.... 2:00 onwards is just
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 21:08   Link #792
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
The first thing that pops out from episode one is the fact 80% of the population has a Quirk. I wondered how they'd make a superhero story if nearly everyone is super, but that was miscalculated. Most of them have power, but it all comes in varying degrees of usefulness and practicality. It's like the next stage of evolution, and a few people are left behind. So it's a stroke of genius for the story to focus on someone as normal as possible, overcoming doubts and adversity from a world of "magic" with nothing but determination

Think about the way All for One works for a second: it's the transfer of accumulated power that the user must be strong enough to use in the first place, and that's with nearly crippling the body; now think about the training All Might must have had to go through to use this power without crippling his body. See what I mean? It's the final flag on top of a mountain of training, not a towering peak in and of itself

It's no small feat to be special when you can create explosions or freeze-burn everything, but Midoriya and All Might become special because they aren't. The former has his wits and precision tested every time he uses his power, the latter must race against the clock before that flag falls off. They accentuate and complement each other at the same time, scripting poetry in motion

Oops, looks like there was more to say about this show than I thought. Anyway, Aizawa called and passed My Hero Academia with an A-
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-04, 02:47   Link #793
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I wouldn't say it's evolution, really. These quirks seem to be rather random. There's no rhyme nor reason to who gets what quirk.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shonen, super hero, super powers