AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-07-04, 00:21   Link #4961
dragon1412

yeah, TG was good in almost every front, Re was, how do i said this, hard to keep track of the characters, i actually don't recognize a good number in the epilogues. But, yeah, might be because of constant preparing for rushed ending, this end is actually a lot nicer than i originally thought. Shinohara and Suzuya is the best scene though. I started lose track of character of the nuts cracker arc, which shirazu dies, a lot of CCG operative appears and fight at the same i can't even recognize who is who and the ghoul teams enter only to make it more messier.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 11:30   Link #4962
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As I thought, we got the profile of Kaneki's daughter in the final volume. Her name is Ichika Kaneki, she's confirmed to be a one eyed ghoul that can eat human food. Her favorite food are apples and Yoriko's bread.

People are freaking out because she has the same name as Renji and Rukia's daughter from Bleach.
Old 2018-07-18, 12:35   Link #4963
Flare007

Perfect name
Flare007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 19:47   Link #4964
Wandering Soul

Also included in the final volume was Ishida'a afterword on the series. It explains why there was such a decline in quality past Arima's death and why the ending was rushed: he basically got tired of writing and drawing Tokyo Ghoul.

Link to the afterword:
http://kenkamishiro.tumblr.com/post/...terword-part-1
Old 2018-07-18, 21:28   Link #4965
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Also included in the final volume was Ishida'a afterword on the series. It explains why there was such a decline in quality past Arima's death and why the ending was rushed: he basically got tired of writing and drawing Tokyo Ghoul.

Link to the afterword:
His line "I felt that if I took a break I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to draw again, so I didn’t give myself a break" is quite telling, especially if you consider his backstory in the later parts.

I suspect he was trying to prove to himself (and maybe his family/peers) that he wasn't going to revert back to being a "jobless nobody"; that he was going to use a break/hiatus as a reason to escape work and responsibility.

Perhaps not the most rational reason from an external viewpoint; more likely Ishida's psychologic issues were a big factor in such drastic action.

Maybe psychological consultation may have eased his inner fears, but from what I hear Japan's therapy system is considered somewhat lacking compared to the West.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 23:21   Link #4966
dragon1412

Pretty sure that's characteristic of depression right there, not surprise though, consider where he is born. Anyone who born in Asia would partially understand that there is a stigma in getting mental issues and avoid seeking help due to social pressure. And in Japan social pressure is particularly bad. I think his matter is not that uncommon though, family pressure and society anticipation was always an issues in Asia in general. I even still get depression myself sometimes. Japan being one of the world most terrible work culture doesn't help that at all
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 22:50   Link #4967
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Maybe psychological consultation may have eased his inner fears, but from what I hear Japan's therapy system is considered somewhat lacking compared to the West.
yeah, Japan sucks, they would never have a chance against the West

I hope Ishida's next job is better, Maybe he should go to a monthly magazine.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-20, 23:26   Link #4968
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post

Link to the afterword:
Thanks for sharing this. Having insight about what influences a work really helps in understanding it. Reading through the whole thing, the last few lines does seem similar to what Kaneki and to a lesser extent Furuta experienced in TG.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 01:00   Link #4969
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Yeah. I have no hard feelings against Ishida for the latter half of RE with this additional insight. Only a select few mangaka (read as geniuses) can keep up with the intense schedule of a weekly manga and can keep the quality going for an extended period of time without breaks.

Look forward to whatever Ishida works on next; provided he gets some mental healthcare.

Tags
action, comedy, drama, gore, modern fantasy, sci-fi, seinen, tragedy