Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-16, 01:21   Link #21
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Overall it's interesting, as I like Leon the world destroyer backstory. Certainly more interesting than FMP (the other mecha anime), but then again maybe I'm just tired of FMP now.
Really disagree with you there. So far, Pandora is as random as Kawamori's other works, Nobunaga the Fool and we all know how that one ended up being. The current season of FMP on the other hand, is like the third act of a saga where the chips are down which in itself is really interesting especially if you care about the characters. Also, how can you be tired of an anime that was in hiatus for 10+ years before this?
Old 2018-04-16, 15:10   Link #22
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I don't know man, after a decade of waiting, I just don't care about Sousuke/Kaname/Tessa anymore. Maybe it's also because I like Fumoffu the best, so them being more serious isn't my cup of tea. Same thing when hearing Gundam 00 is getting a new sequel series; why revive an old series now? My patience has been run thin by Macross, and I don't have much else for other mecha series...

(Which reminds me, what is Kawamori doing, as they promised us a new tv series in 2018 and we have no promo material yet. <GROAN>)

Also, at least here the MC was the one responsible for destroying the known world, and I kinda like him being like a more nerdy Basara (which is good since he was the only thing good that came out of M7). Helps my #1 female VA and another one in my top 5 is here; HanaKana in non cutesy roles really pique my interest. And oh yeah, transforming mechs are my kind of thing too. So yeah, this isn't the best series (heck it's barely average), but there are things I say "that's new and nifty", and sometimes thats all that is needed to get my attention.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 17:22   Link #23
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Hmm, I don't know, I've found the first three episodes interesting.

So, I wonder how soldier boy is going to change after using the hyperdrive, and what's up with Queenie.
Old 2018-05-03, 22:09   Link #24
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^FMP failed coz it didn't go Teletha route
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 12:26   Link #25
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Fake imouto route is here
Old 2018-05-05, 00:50   Link #26
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post

Fake imouto route is here
The level of control she has over the MC is scary. She might as well be the guy's wife already imo.
Old 2018-05-09, 10:27   Link #27
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Seriously, while not as annoying as some other little sisters real or fake, the constantly bringing up the family contract rules is really starting to grate on me.
Old 2018-05-09, 10:53   Link #28
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Seriously, while not as annoying as some other little sisters real or fake, the constantly bringing up the family contract rules is really starting to grate on me.
But it saved him from going beserk in the last fight. Good or bad, that family contract has its purpose.
Old 2018-05-09, 10:58   Link #29
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^
^
I want them to be real family
.......By marriage
Old 2018-05-09, 11:22   Link #30
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I'm having a hard time caring about any of the characters, but the Leon/Chloe relationship is the one that bothers me the most because it's supposed to be the heart of the show, and yet it keeps hitting the same notes: Chloe nags Leon for being a slob, or Chloe mentions a family contract rule that Leon's supposed to follow.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 11:27   Link #31
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
I'm having a hard time caring about any of the characters, but the Leon/Chloe relationship is the one that bothers me the most because it's supposed to be the heart of the show, and yet it keeps hitting the same notes: Chloe nags Leon for being a slob, or Chloe mentions a family contract rule that Leon's supposed to follow.
Yeah. I suppose there will be a major revelation about Chloe in future episodes that would change the dynamic of her and Leon relationship.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 14:07   Link #32
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 16:28.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 07:54   Link #33
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Queenie episode
Old 2018-05-22, 12:32   Link #34
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Go Go Imouto Route
Old 2018-06-09, 19:22   Link #35
Uribatake

Episode 8 was unusually good, and once I saw the ending credits, I understood why: it was scripted by the great Hiroshi Ohnogi. Man, I miss the days when he was Kawamori's go-to head writer, and I was actually afraid they had some sort of falling out, since they hadn't worked together on anything since the original Aquarion TV series. Looking forward to part two of this Doug-centric arc.
Old 2018-06-09, 21:30   Link #36
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^It's ep 9 already yo
Doug arc is over
Old 2018-06-09, 22:00   Link #37
Uribatake

I know, I'm just waiting for episode 9 to be subbed by the better group that actually translates from Japanese.
Old 2018-07-10, 10:02   Link #38
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Mayor's Route
Old 2018-07-10, 16:29   Link #39
Uribatake

After the great two-parter with the BRAI sniper, there were some decent reveals and character moments in episodes 10-13. It seems Lon got killed and replaced by a counterpart from another dimension after activating the quantum reactor, and I was surprised to find out Chloe is actually his sister. That works much better to me as a justification for Leon's attachment to her than the grating, repetitive interactions between them.

I'm not crazy about the introduction of that mystical chaos artifact, which I hope is actually some highly advanced technology, but I'm much more invested in this show than I was a month ago. I hope it keeps improving in its second half.
Old 2018-08-04, 13:05   Link #40
wuhugm
Confused Shark