AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-02, 08:50   Link #41
EQFU-3X_D.R.A.G.O.ON
Aleks!

So it's a new universe? No ties to the other Gundam Series and Universes?
EQFU-3X_D.R.A.G.O.ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 08:56   Link #42
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
OOOOHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! NONONONONONONONONO!!!

First it was Clamp, now Gundam is infected with the same trash!!!

WHY!! These character designs are definately from Loveless, no wonder it looks like crap. Theyre turning gundam into some freaking shoujo and yaoi series

NOOOOOOOOO!!! DAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMNNNNN IIIIIIIITTTTTTTT NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Relax, since the Yun Kouga (Loveless) = character designer rumor seems to hold true, it should mean that Seiji Mizushima is the director, and that guy's pure shounen style (Fullmetal Alchemist)... It won't be like Gundam Seed for sure.

Of course, unless they somehow get Chiaki Morosawa to be the scriptwriter.......

But anyway, they need to attract both male and female watchers because males buy gunpla while females buy dvds/cds. If they want to sell both they need to do a good job of keeping the interest of everyone. So hopefully they learned a lesson from Destiny and don't completely alienate the gunpla crowd.

The mecha look really good though. No Kunio Okawara trash/Fukuda's bad taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQFU-3X_D.R.A.G.O.ON View Post
So it's a new universe? No ties to the other Gundam Series and Universes?
For now, yes.
Old 2007-06-02, 09:05   Link #43
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Relax, since the Yun Kouga (Loveless) = character designer rumor seems to hold true, it should mean that Seiji Mizushima is the director, and that guy's pure shounen style... It won't be like Gundam Seed for sure.

Of course, unless they somehow get Chiaki Morosawa to be the scriptwriter.......
Well, this was posted by duckroll in the unaired thread...

Quote:
Takes place in 2307 AD. 4 Gundam Meisters using Gundams to stop conflict. Starts October 2007 on the coverted (not so much anymore lol) 6pm Saturday timeslot on TBS/MBS.

Rumored (most likely true) staff list from 2ch:

Director: Seiji Mizushima
Series Composition/Scenario: Yosuke Kuroda
Original Character Design: Yun Kouga
Character Design/Animation Director: Kenichi Yoshida
Music: Victor Entertainment/Sony Music
Animation Production: Sunrise
I don't think there's anyone other than Fukuda who likes Morosawa's scripts.

Well, unless there's a different Kuroda, this one looks like the one who was involved in the writing of S-Cry-ed, Ryvius, Gungrave among the ones I can remember off my head. I recall him being involved in various genres of animes too though.

Well, it's still a rumour.

As for the bishie fangirl bait design...my only comment is SO? It's not like a bunch of pretty guys will ruin the show unless the director wants the show to lean that way.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 09:09   Link #44
Honey_and_Cleaver

Gundam Wing,Gundam Seed,Destiny and Stargazer is the best, not even that Unicorn gundam nor this Gundam Shoujo Yaoi series can show. Thats what i feel right now.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 09:12   Link #45
wao
OK.

I just read about this from a friend. So this is taking over doroku eh. I think the producers might just be counting on this redeeming the doroku timeslot, but I wonder how well it will work. Either way, I haven't watched the trailer yet (screw you BC and working only in IE! I think.) but I think by now if it wasn't obvious enough, doroku seems to have become largely aimed at female audiences... Kouga Yun designs? Heh.

But Kenichi Yoshida huh. I'd like to see how he interprets those designs. Guess I'll go watch the trailer~
Old 2007-06-02, 09:12   Link #46
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Am I the only one that had "Gundam Wing" flashing before their eyes just by reading the short blurb?
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 09:13   Link #47
shaolo

Looks good. Hope it doesn't suck.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 09:14   Link #48
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Gundam Wing,Gundam Seed,Destiny and Stargazer is the best, not even that Unicorn gundam nor this Gundam Shoujo Yaoi series can show. Thats what i feel right now.
Funny how your favorite Gundams are the most shoujo/yaoi out of them all, and yet you blast this one without seeing much of it at all.
Old 2007-06-02, 09:18   Link #49
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48543

This thread already covered it, theres only like a great big forum section named 'GUNDAM'.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 09:19   Link #50
srb
I can see time itself!

Haha!

I have decently high hopes for this show, actually. Seems like it'll be a fun ride, like G.

Also, first time I logged in for... well, 12 months? Hi everyone ^^.
Old 2007-06-02, 09:21   Link #51
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

^SRB-san! Where have you been

Anyways, I hope this is a good departure from SEED/Destiny. We need to take a break from Kira and his band of marry men.

Four Guys, Four Gundams... Sounds eerie familiar. AB AC AD.... It's just me though...
Old 2007-06-02, 09:23   Link #52
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

'Marry' Men?

Oh god now you just gave me a bad image of all those gender bender Athrun/Kira marriage pics from the Ridiculous Image thread ._.
Old 2007-06-02, 09:26   Link #53
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Anyways, I hope this is a good departure from SEED/Destiny. We need to take a break from Kira and his band of marry men.
Since this isn't a SEED series it appears that the feature film will be closing up the CE universe. I am basing this on absolutely nothing at all, since we know absolutely nothing about it, and it's highly probable that they have another SEED series in planning for 2010 or so since it prints money.

And well, seems we're getting a new band of merry men, but as long as one of them is sufficiently hot-blood it's all good. I like the designs I've seen so far ^^:

I've been... away, doing other stuff mostly, I noticed you sent a PM after Christmas, sorry about that.. ^^.

Quote:
Oh god now you just gave me a bad image of all those gender bender Athrun/Kira marriage pics from the Ridiculous Image thread ._.
Those are the best images in that thread! I'm looking forward to plenty of gender-bending pictures of red scarf guy.
Old 2007-06-02, 09:27   Link #54
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

lol about that, sorry... I meant Merry...

The Characters do look interesting.
Old 2007-06-02, 09:28   Link #55
gouf 1/2
~ Get set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolo View Post
Looks good. Hope it doesn't suck.
yes, another season of Gundam! I looks good. Mechs in Seed were excellent, i hope its gonna be even better. Hoping for not another Shinn character
gouf 1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 09:28   Link #56
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
Those are the best images in that thread! I'm looking forward to plenty of gender-bending pictures of red scarf guy.
He actually reminds me more of Souji Tendou from Kamen Rider Kabuto.
Old 2007-06-02, 09:29   Link #57
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
Am I the only one that had "Gundam Wing" flashing before their eyes just by reading the short blurb?
I got that sort of vibes as well... Really hope it doesn't turn out like Wing.

Not liking the character designs except for that one kid that looks a bit like Renton. It looks like Kenichi Yoshida was told to make Yaoi like character designs for this series. Really liked his work on Overking Gainer and Eureka 7 but here not so much.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 09:31   Link #58
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Wow, so new Gundam series threads go into the "old series" Gundam forum? That's just... odd. Oh well. :-)

Yes, the rumored Kuroda is the one that teamed with Taniguchi on sCRYed and Ryvius. After Trigun and Gungrave, he's also adapting the Hellsing OVA now. If it's true, it should be a very interesting pairing, because he works best when teamed with a good director.

As for Yoshida, the rumor's been growing for weeks now that he's attached to the new Gundam. If true, this is probably a bigger catch for Sunrise than attaching Mizushima as director. It should ensure some awesome animation, and good clean animation designs in general.

We'll see how it's all going down in a few days at most anyway...
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 09:33   Link #59
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Not liking the character designs except for that one kid that looks a bit like Renton. It looks like Kenichi Yoshida was told to make Yaoi like character designs for this series. Really liked his work on Overking Gainer and Eureka 7 but here not so much.
Like the rumored staff list suggests, he's adapting Kouga Yun's designs for this show, like what Takahiro Kimura did with CLAMP's designs for Code Geass.

But Yoshida's a pretty damn good designer and animator. So if its true that's a sure improvement over Seed's Hirai cardboard animation right there.
Old 2007-06-02, 09:36   Link #60
wao
OK.

Eh, given the distinctly female-aiming nature of doroku recently, I will totally not be surprised if this is aimed at getting female fans as well. Even if you say FMP was a strictly shounen show I would beg to differ, it had a HELL of a lot of female fans too I think.

Meh about Kouga Yun though, I can clearly see the Yoshida influences in the animated designs but I'd have much rather they left it to Yoshida alone. I'm not going to get hooked up over this yet anyway. I agree with Nightengale about the whole idea that just because it's got pretty guys doesn't mean it's bad (it's pandering and entertainment - SO WHAT? It's been like that from the start, you must be living under some rock to not have noticed it!) I don't think ti's such a big deal any more.

If anything like duckroll says I'll keep an eye on it (AFTER my exams) for any good animation and stuff that Yoshida + Mizushima could bring in. If we get the dudes that appeared in FMA, then I'll be happy, but when's the last time Yutaka Nakamura took part in a Sunrise series? I know he was in Escaflowne and Gainer, but anything after that? (bad memory here...)

EDIT: And the scriptwriter.. well anythign is better than Morosawa I guess I'm not convinced he's super awesome but I did like Ryvius very much, although I don't know if that's more to do with Taniguchi or Kuroda

EDIT2: How popular is Kouga Yun anyway, actually? I get more of a doujin-BL sort of vibe from her, something you wouldn't usually see in public so much (barring latenight things like Loveless) but then again the guy who did the Seirei no Moribito designs (8ish on N-bloody-HK of all things) was apparently an ero-mangaka so huh. I'm prolly just talking out of my posterior here though.

Tags
spoilers