AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-15, 05:48   Link #1701
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well... those are objective points... I can't really outright lie on these things. Though generally the moves are more than just a bit underwhelming for my taste. Same goes the weapons. Despite only having 3 weapons to choose from in devil arms and roughly 4 guns in DMC1(correct me if I'm wrong) each one felt like it had its own personality. Not just from how you obtain them, just from the way they work and how they're used. You get a sense of power from them. Watching LPs of DmC just made me more than a bit disappointed. Each weapon acquisition just feels tacked on and says in a blunt point "Here's new toys. Now go play.".

Gah... the rant is leaking out.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 08:05   Link #1702
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
If a PS3 game couldn't beat a PS2 game at that... Oh, and that PS2 game is also 12 years old, so...
Uh, DmC's graphics blow DMC 1-3 out of the water. It steps back from DMC4's tho.
Old 2013-02-15, 20:32   Link #1703
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Graphically speaking, it's just make up the only thing impressive is the scripted moving platform.

Ahh...Chaos Legion you where better.

http://www.1zoom.net/big/85/26198-leon.jpg
Old 2013-02-15, 21:39   Link #1704
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Despite only having 3 weapons to choose from in devil arms and roughly 4 guns in DMC1(correct me if I'm wrong) each one felt like it had its own personality. Not just from how you obtain them, just from the way they work and how they're used. You get a sense of power from them. Watching LPs of DmC just made me more than a bit disappointed. Each weapon acquisition just feels tacked on and says in a blunt point "Here's new toys. Now go play.".

Gah... the rant is leaking out.
I felt that was an awsome aspect in DMC 3 like for example Agni and Rudra who became really memorable to me. These guys as boss were really entertaining and obtaining them felt more deserving then like for example the slum queen's weapon in DmC who was just a bitchy obstacle. Her weapon (Those large fists) didn't even represent her ability.

And it was not like Ninja Theory took any tips or advice from the fans regarding stuff like above, see below:

Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 23:53   Link #1705
defki

So according to cream Dino may Cry did ~187k combined in US.

In contrast DMC 4 did ~295k and ~233k on Xbox and PS3 respectively in US.

It means DmC < 1 million ww. Ni no Kuni sold more than DmC on PS3 or Xbox in US.

I know it's petty and all but:

@ kenjiharima

Oh fuck. I love Chaos Legion. I know people say it's a bad action game but I adore it.

Last edited by defki; 2013-02-16 at 11:42.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 01:33   Link #1706
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Uh, DmC's graphics blow DMC 1-3 out of the water.
I'm not saying the opposite. My point was it's useless comparison, because a PS3 game would obviously look better than a PS2 one, especially when there's a 12 years difference in terms of tech.
Old 2013-02-16, 02:14   Link #1707
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Don't join a DMC forum. The one i'm on is atrocious.

They're bashing rising now.. because it's getting well received from the people who have played it. I want DmC to die already.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 02:21   Link #1708
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post

They're bashing rising now.. because it's getting well received from the people who have played it. I want DmC to die already.
The ones on the PS3 board at Gamefaqs always manage to entertain me. But I'm not surprised to see that. A lot of the "pros" operate like that. Not all of them are like that, but the majority, that I've seen, act that way. Hell some of them try to put down Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 3 and then try to praise their game like it's a masterpiece.
Old 2013-02-16, 11:15   Link #1709
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Chaos Legion is a fun game, I still have my copy.
I remember running around in the town to find a copy because I was lttp with this game. The copy my friend gave me didn't work so I searched every shop for it. Found it for 20 bucks new and was happy for the entire week. Still have it and it's still like new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post

I don't understand the need to compare Rising with DmC. It's like comparing NG to DMC. They are completely different games with different approaches to H&S.

Prepare for even more butthurt DmC fans once Rising outsells it.

I am gonna laugh into the faces of the people who claim that the genre is dying and that's why DmC sold so little when both Rising and Ascension will outsell it.

Last edited by defki; 2013-02-16 at 11:27.
Old 2013-02-16, 17:52   Link #1710
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

To be entirely fair, Rising fans which include the now ship-jumped DMC crowd have been comparing MGR to DmC for months so it's not like DmC fans were just blind firing.

That being said, I know what they're trying to do, but it wouldn't work; Rising has too much support going for it to turn out like DmC.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 19:46   Link #1711
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

those guys bashing MGR should just play PS all stars and pit Raiden and Dino. Imho Raiden is beast there as seen in gameplay vids.

Anyways agreed this game needs to die already sold just 100k+, had bug/glitch issues and alot of people do not like the new direction.

Also haven't seen any edits where Raiden gets killed by Dino, seems no one bashing MGR is good enough to do photoshop even paint lol
Old 2013-02-16, 19:56   Link #1712
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Anyways agreed this game needs to die already sold just 100k+, had bug/glitch issues and alot of people do not like the new direction.
You've got to admit though, if anything, DmC brought a lot of lulz with it.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube

YouTube
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 20:02   Link #1713
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Hadn't DmC sold around 800k or 1M? I was sure I had read something along those lines somewhere. I'm not mixing it with Capcom lowering the bar to 1.2M in terms of expected sales.

Anyhow, I don't see the point of praising or hating on a game, because you liked or disliked another game. That just sounds silly.
Old 2013-02-16, 20:08   Link #1714
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hadn't DmC sold around 800k or 1M? I was sure I had read something along those lines somewhere. I'm not mixing it with Capcom lowering the bar to 1.2M in terms of expected sales.
I don't think we have any official numbers for DmC from Capcom. It's ~190k in US, ~180k in Japan so unless the game sold 400k in Europa and rest, which is unlikely, DmC is below 800k LTD.

And Capcom brought the hate on themselves with PR bullshit, an arrogant developer insulting the fanbase and a reboot no one asked for.
Old 2013-02-16, 20:08   Link #1715
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Xbox

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/44651/dmc/Global/

PS3

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/44652/dmc/Global/

609,064 Overall console sales
Old 2013-02-16, 20:15   Link #1716
Used Can

I see, I guess they could potentially reach 700K by the end of the year. But yeah... for a DMC game that's rather low.

I wonder if they are expecting to get a boost on sales with the movie.
Old 2013-02-16, 20:15   Link #1717
defki

I wouldn't use lolchartz numbers. They are guessing all the times. We know the japanese numbers from MC (~180K) and a person with NPD data leaked the US numbers (~187k). PAL is missing but there is no way it's more than 300K.
Old 2013-02-16, 20:17   Link #1718
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I'm just betting those sold games will be re-sold again and again.
Old 2013-02-17, 02:21   Link #1719
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Someone tell me that there's something other than the wubtastic "we shall never surrender" in DmC soundtrack. I want to at least believe pros aren't deaf as well as blind. >.<
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 04:23   Link #1720
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Speaking of that DmC song

Someone farted at the beginning

YouTube

DMC4 Never Surrender

YouTube

No wonder the Anti and Pro's never give up