AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-20, 18:32   Link #2241
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Yeah, you could certainly use the one from BL. Out of lazyness I do the same in reverse for example.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 18:42   Link #2242
Cherry_Lover

Yeah, I could. I think the one from BL is a little big, though. And it's also the wrong colour, really (I changed the background to black especially for BL...). Plus, it could arguably be seen as a spoiler.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 18:47   Link #2243
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Well, yes, perhaps. But, then, the purification effects of the Lance of Longinus, if they existed, would come from the biblical tale, and thus Gil's version (if he had one) wouldn't have them.
Hrmm, true. Though I suppose Archer could project the lance with similar reason to why he can project Rho Aias. Or I guess Ilya could do like she did in HF and mind-scan back to the event in question.

Quote:
As long as the shadow is around, Archer would leave his grudge against Shirou behind, because he recognises the danger.
I meant more along the lines of the after-math. The point was to settle things while still keeping all of the heroes alive, right? So the shadow incident would be settled, and Archer still around. The only reason I can see that he wouldn't try to kill Shirou is that he figures that the Altered-HF Shirou modified his ideals enough that he isn't going to sacrifice everything to save everyone around him.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 19:03   Link #2244
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Yeah, I could. I think the one from BL is a little big, though. And it's also the wrong colour, really (I changed the background to black especially for BL...). Plus, it could arguably be seen as a spoiler.
BL??

And no spoiler avatars - those are not cool, no matter how awesome they may be.
Old 2010-07-20, 19:14   Link #2245
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Hrmm, true. Though I suppose Archer could project the lance with similar reason to why he can project Rho Aias.
Only if he's seen it.

Quote:
Or I guess Ilya could do like she did in HF and mind-scan back to the event in question.
What event? Unless you're implying that one of her homonculi ancestors was around at the Crucifixion of Jesus, she wouldn't have seen it....

Quote:
I meant more along the lines of the after-math. The point was to settle things while still keeping all of the heroes alive, right? So the shadow incident would be settled, and Archer still around. The only reason I can see that he wouldn't try to kill Shirou is that he figures that the Altered-HF Shirou modified his ideals enough that he isn't going to sacrifice everything to save everyone around him.
I don't think he'd try it at that point, because it's just not worth the harm he'd cause to the other people he cares for (like Rin, for instance, and Ilya) and in any case HF Shirou would inevitably end up having to protect Sakura in that way. Plus, why would Archer give up a life with Rin (after the war) just so he could kill Shirou? The likely gain is not worth the loss (because Rin would kill him if she caught him trying, especially since supporting him would be a huge drain on her prana).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
BL??

And no spoiler avatars - those are not cool, no matter how awesome they may be.
Beast's Lair. It's a Type-Moon fan forum, which several of the members on here are also members of.

And it's a picture of Sakura and Rin hugging each other, so it's not a massive spoiler. It's not like it's Dark Sakura or something.
Old 2010-07-20, 19:53   Link #2246
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Shouldn't be too hard to have some sort of purification weapon. Lance of Longinus, for example, could be TypeMooned to have purification effects just like how Hrunting was TypeMooned to never miss. From "Never Fail" to "Never Miss" isn't much different from "Holy Lance" to "Lance of Purification".
My current favorite is Joan of Arc's sword, actually, for a couple of reasons.

A) The blade was not made for her, she saw it in a vision and found it buried beneath a Cathedral in France. Various legends suggest it might have been used by St. Catherine or Charlemagne at some point, but nothing concrete, so it's feasible it could have been part of Gilgamesh's treasure vault and had any special qualities it possesses even then.

B) In most versions of her story, the blade had no edge and she never killed anyone with it. By normal people logic, this means that the blade was just not sharp, and she carried it because it was a symbol. By Nasu logic, it's not a huge leap to suggest that she never killed a person with this sword because it literally cannot kill; it's a blade of purification and healing, like the Tenseiga from InuYasha.

C) ... Come on, the theme works. Who didn't think Saber was Joan of Arc the first time they played?

Last edited by Moczo; 2010-07-20 at 21:01. Reason: Minor spelling correction.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 20:54   Link #2247
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Beast's Lair. It's a Type-Moon fan forum, which several of the members on here are also members of.

And it's a picture of Sakura and Rin hugging each other, so it's not a massive spoiler. It's not like it's Dark Sakura or something.
Gah, what an ugly theme.

I can't find the picture, link it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
C) ... Come on, the theme works. Who didn't think Saber was Joan of Arc the first time they played?
I totally did. She was the only one that mad sense. No one would have thought Arthur because of his gender. But they sure did make a way around that. And it all makes sense, more so than what is generally told. Guinevere cheating is more plausible and understandable too.
Old 2010-07-20, 22:08   Link #2248
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Gah, what an ugly theme.
Eh? What do you mean?

Quote:
I can't find the picture, link it?
Well, there is > 1 such picture, but the one I'm thinking of is this one, with the background changed to black and some of the outside cut off.

Quote:
Guinevere cheating is more plausible and understandable too.
Yeah, lol.
Old 2010-07-21, 07:35   Link #2249
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Eh? What do you mean?
I googled the site and it has an ugly theme.

Quote:
Well, there is > 1 such picture, but the one I'm thinking of is this one, with the background changed to black and some of the outside cut off.
Link does not work. Best to upload it to Imageshack.
Old 2010-07-21, 09:06   Link #2250
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
I googled the site and it has an ugly theme.
Well, perhaps.

Quote:
Link does not work. Best to upload it to Imageshack.
Hmm, yeah, it doesn't.

Well, I found the imageshack link from when I uploaded the (full) image to BL....

It's this pic only shrunk (obviously), with the outside changed from white to black and cropped a little.
Old 2010-07-21, 09:16   Link #2251
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That is some win fanart. Tricky to make into an avatar, maybe a signature though. Oh, and keep the background white. Do you like my current Sakura avatar? I'm not too crazy about it. You can use it if you want. And you don't need to credit me at all, I just cropped it and added a border.
Old 2010-07-21, 09:32   Link #2252
Cherry_Lover

Nah, that's fine thanks. It's an OK pic, but I don't think it makes that wonderful an avatar.

I thought I'd set the other one you posted as my avatar, but it seems to have been as my profile pic. I've just taken one of the default Sakura avatars for now.
Old 2010-07-21, 10:46   Link #2253
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That works, it's a good fan art. Boy is there a lot of fan art for this series.
Old 2010-07-21, 11:05   Link #2254
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Nah, that's fine thanks. It's an OK pic, but I don't think it makes that wonderful an avatar.

I thought I'd set the other one you posted as my avatar, but it seems to have been as my profile pic. I've just taken one of the default Sakura avatars for now.
I think it's fine too. Though if you really want a new here a few suggestions:

Well, the second one is spoilerific somehow but a Dark Sakura art without her looking malicious. I am going to post some more but that's all I have on my PB account for now.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 18:52   Link #2255
Cherry_Lover

Well, the first one is pretty good. The second one I wouldn't go for (even ignoring the spoilers), because I'm not overly fond of Dark Sakura (although I think her powers are awesome). To me she's just a corrputed version of the character that I like.
Old 2010-07-22, 22:52   Link #2256
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Fun facts: If you haven't played in awhile, it's entirely possible to forget all about that scene where Rider slits her own throat to blast out of the school past Saber, and have the exact same, "... what the HELL?!" reaction you did the first time.

Just a fun fact.
Old 2010-07-23, 08:57   Link #2257
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Fun facts: If you haven't played in awhile, it's entirely possible to forget all about that scene where Rider slits her own throat to blast out of the school past Saber, and have the exact same, "... what the HELL?!" reaction you did the first time.

Just a fun fact.
Speaking of that scene...she did slice her throat right? Cause in the anime she stabs through it.
Old 2010-07-23, 09:09   Link #2258
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

It's hard to tell, honestly... there's a lot of blood in the way, and Rider's enormous hair floofing all over the place doesn't help. Kind of a lot going on in that image.

I will say that her weapon would probably be better suited for stabbing than slicing, so it would make more sense to stab her neck. And God, wouldn't that hurt like Hell. I understand the symbolism and how it hints at her true identity, but geez. Saber just has to swing a sword, Lancer just stabs, Berserker's is always on with no effort... guess all the convenient Noble Phantasms were taken when Rider lined up to get hers.
Old 2010-07-23, 09:15   Link #2259
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Haha, yeah requiring blood sure does suck. But she wasn't exactly a good guy in her previous life, so it's like compensation.
Old 2010-07-23, 09:25   Link #2260
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Haha, yeah requiring blood sure does suck. But she wasn't exactly a good guy in her previous life, so it's like compensation.
Plus she's using her blood to call up a Pegasus, so it actually does hint at her true identity if you know your Greek mythology. It just also sort of looks really, really uncomfortable.

Actually, concerning Rider... I know how Bellerophon (or at least the Pegasus part of it) and her Mystic Eyes connect to her legend, but what about Bloodfort Andromeda? Other than the name, does anyone know what connection that has to Rider's identity, if any?

Pageclaim for Noble Phantasm confusion!

Last edited by Moczo; 2010-07-23 at 09:47. Reason: Adding quote so it's obvious who I'm talking to.

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel