AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 7 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 10.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 39.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 17.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-18, 07:04   Link #21
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-18, 07:37   Link #22
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-18, 09:59   Link #23
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
hmm... No use for speculations now we just got to wait till next week to find out won't we. I am hoping they give us a happy ending on this!! Keeping fingers crossed...
Old 2006-09-18, 10:42   Link #24
Srin Tuar
無謀

I watched this episode just for the Ruizu saabisu.

If theye want to continue this anime with a new season, I'd actually prefer for them to simply re-make season one in tight adherence to the novel plots rather than go off on a tangent with this alltogether new storyline they have concocted.

Spoiler for novels up to vol 8:
Old 2006-09-18, 15:15   Link #25
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

I really think a second season (or equivalent) would do this series justice, seriously you can't go and make something so good end on such an abrupt halt. But, I know JC Staff, some good things have to end the way it does, but I really do want a second, you know, second batch of ZnT goodness

As for episode 12, the reason why I was looking forward to this episode is because I have an extra interest in the dealings of Time. You could say I am an H.G. Wells nut. First the LAW, then the Zero, and I did have the nagging thought of the time difference between the Zero and the LAW. That's about a 20 year window. Part of the reason why I look forward to an additional installment to this series, I was hoping for more earth weapons appearing in this mage world. Boy what I'd give to see a tank in this series

Ah, I can't believe I hadn't remembered, that Zero was in the intro all this time. Maybe because I was hoping for more than that

Uh sorry I seem to be rambling about something else uh let's see, I remember. Something I said about a girl in another series, "jealousy is her cute side" . I liked this episode because it had jealous Louise, angry Louise, and blushing Louise. Ow look, triple threat lol oh, speaking of triple threats, Louise has the ideal triple threat that I like in a girl aside from the aforementioned: stockings, short skirt and pink hair. Ahahahaha ehem, sorry I'm getting carried away here.

I feel this episode as the setup episode, that kind that this can't be watched as a standalone. Now, I'm prepared for the next episode. Whatever it may be like, I'm mentally prepared. Hmm, I wonder how it would be like if Siesta goes along with Saito...

Oh, why make the girl suffer? Why not just pull a Girls Bravo and have Louise go along with Saito unexpectedly. Pink haired too....Boy wouldn't that be something, Zero No Tsukaima Fumoffu. That series would be about Louise adapting to the harshness of this world, school life and the like. Ahahaha it's so good to have a mind like mine
Old 2006-09-19, 02:55   Link #26
LostBlue
祭囃子

I was quite surprised by this episode. It was much better than I excepted. Besides the last EP which was too rushed, the anime as a whole was somewhat satisfying. I don't see a possibility for a second season with this EP though regardless of how it ends up with the eclipse just b/c of Saito's development here.

Spoiler for the comedy ending:
Old 2006-09-26, 05:34   Link #27
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ok, I agree now with those that said it in the thread for the ep 11: the pacing has gotten way too fast. I know it's impossible, but I really think this series needed to be a couple of episodes longer, so that the events of the last few eps aren't so rushed, but this ep in particularly really felt as if it was going at a million miles a second. Simply, too much happened and there weren't enough oppurtunities for the audience to let the events sink in.

I still do disapprove slightly of ZnT moving away from it's strength of being totally non-serious, but I'm almost certain these eps would have been more than acceptable if the show had a little more time to play with. As it stands, they're not bad, but they're not great either. Oh well, I don't think they really had a choice, since the season needed to end after 13 eps. Maybe they could have managed things a little quicker earlier on. Then again, the earlier episodes felt fine at the time. In fact, I'd almost go as far as saying that the pacing in the earlier episodes was perfect if we momentarily not consider the events of the last two eps.

As far as speculating on the ending is concerned, I don't exactly see the point. Even without reading any of the spoilers, I have a fair idea how it's going to end. ZnT isn't exactly the most unpredictable series ever

Ok ep, but not ZnT's best. I don't really see my opinion on this show changing significantly between now and the end, though.
Old 2006-09-26, 08:37   Link #28
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
I enjoyed this episode. The pace of the story has been rather like an accelerating rollercoaster for the last few episodes, and this didn't... 'disappoint'... in that sense. Of course, since the story was way too fast etc, it didn't exactly endear the episode in that sense. Nevertheless, there were some wonderful moments in this episode - my favourite two probably being Louise furiously storming around looking for Saito and practicising apologies, and then Saito reading the headstone of the dead Japanese airman.

Oh... and is it just me, or were J.C Staff feeling incredibly Freudian when we first see Saito in the Zero's cockpit? ^^;;

-Andiyar
Old 2006-09-26, 09:01   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Gotta admit, i liked how they've wrapped everything up for a ending. At the start of the series.. i couldn't work out how the hell it would be this short in episodes - but it looks like its done well.

Just one more to go~
Old 2006-09-26, 10:19   Link #30
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-26, 13:26   Link #31
DrewGSR

Damn the last episode will be a war and possibility of Saito returning home. Thats one pretty jam packed episode, why do i feel that its going to be really rushed.
Old 2006-09-26, 20:43   Link #32
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar
Oh... and is it just me, or were J.C Staff feeling incredibly Freudian when we first see Saito in the Zero's cockpit? ^^;;
I'm not sure whether to be relieved or disturbed that I wasn't the only one who thought this.
Old 2006-09-26, 23:12   Link #33
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
This episode was amount the slow in the series but it set up thing for the next final one which I guess I can forgive.
Old 2006-09-27, 12:15   Link #34
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
omg *shock* they mistook a plane for a dragon XD...
its clear that louise is in love with saito...but her stubbon ego is stopping her confessing it -.-
i liked how tis ep ended...a really nice setup for the final...but i hope they dnt rush things too much

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-27, 14:57   Link #35
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
I found the episdoe pretty good. Louise confused over why she's irritated is great. She just doesn't quite grasp what her heart is telling her (or likely she is just neglecting her feelings). The 'dragon' was an interesting twist, but how in the world could Saito not have realized that the 'blood' was anything other than, what it is ???

The series better not end after only this season, but I also don't know how well I would take a 13th ep with an unatural feeling to it [RUSHED]. I don't hope for a cliffhanger or an abrupt hault, let's see what happens.

andiyar that is a great observation btw.
Old 2006-09-27, 18:30   Link #36
Kisuke06
I see...

I just watched this one. Very good episode, sad that there is just one more left. ZnT needs a second season.
Old 2006-09-27, 19:41   Link #37
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So the dragon was a fighter plane from WWII i think everyone guessed this one. And of course the name of the type of fighter aircraft was the Zero one of the best plans of the war. Louise's concern over Satio being able to go home is touching. she admits that she cant stop thinking about him. However the fact that Seista is half japanese is pretty tough to contend with. Saito could start moving towards just because she reminds him of home. Im just guessing but given how everything has been going it will either a Louise ending or an open ending leaving room for a Season 2 which i hope there will be. I love the series 13 eps is not enough
Old 2006-09-30, 22:57   Link #38
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Haha yeah seeing that the "dragon" was a plane was kinda obvious but it was still funny how they referred to it and that Colbert didnt know was gasoline was. Interesting to see how theyre gonna wrap this up since it seems alot has to happen in epi 13
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-09-30, 23:09   Link #39
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I can conclude that Tabiltha has some affection for Saito.

Either that, or she is a person that always support friends.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2006-10-01, 18:44   Link #40
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Zero's Secret Treasure

It took me a long while, but I'm almost done with this story.

I really enjoyed this episode simply because of Louise's tsundere -ness now that she has both realised and openly understood that she loves Saito and placed Saito and herself into an uneasy wave of misunderstanding.

What is certain is that the more contact Louise has spent her time with Saito, the more her feelings have grown for the lad, and the less she sees of him as familiar that takes orders.

I thought also that the soundtrack used for Louise apologizing to Henrietta heightened the loss of the princess's love, and Louise blame for being helpless to prevent the prince's demise.

But I found the extraordinary parallel between Louise and Shana in which both girls waver and tremble in weakness learning that the boy both they love respectively will be eventually or is suddenly pulled out from their reach.
Spoiler:
Closed Thread