AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-10, 09:54   Link #3781
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
"Stand up!! Aren't you a Hero!! Stand UUUUUPPPPP!!!!"

It is one of the best scene ever. Hamtzura still manages to shine despite being normal, and Aqua gets more badass despite another power down.
Look at them, you fellow hax and cheat codes!! Have you no shame!! All of you aren't even half as awesome as those two!!!
OK, I'm serious since I didn't reached that part I want to know the full conversation during Acqua's Heroic Sacrifice .
Old 2010-08-10, 14:57   Link #3782
BlueDo

Someone works fast
Spoiler for chart:
Old 2010-08-10, 15:04   Link #3783
oldmanpoo

I always liked the Index series (as well as the Railgun spin-off). I'm currently reading the light novels and waiting for Index season two, but my Japanese is almost non-existent. I was wondering if anyone here would be able to translate what this image says:

Spoiler for Image:
Old 2010-08-10, 15:24   Link #3784
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ It's just listing off clothing items and their color.

Top left corner (in the box): Mikoto Russian Outfit Version

-Fur Hat: White
-Muffler
-Jacket: Dark Violet
-Sweater (underneath jacket): Pink Beige
-Skirt: Brown
-Leggings: Chocolate Brown
-Boots: Caramel

I can't read what's in the parenthesis because it's too small and jumbled together, plus my kanji knowledge is piss poor. But I translated what is mostly on there.
Old 2010-08-10, 15:32   Link #3785
oldmanpoo

Hmm, no mention of her famous shorts? Anyway, thanks for the translation. Much appreciated.
Old 2010-08-10, 21:15   Link #3786
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

she's already wearing leggings. shorts would be overdoing it ^^;;
Old 2010-08-10, 21:28   Link #3787
pampz21
ShipCore

there aren't really a Touma action in 21?....wish Touma and Fiamma would fight already...it's been 3 vol. now and start the new arc before vol 25.....wish there was a vol where Touma meets a past friend and is secretly a magician looking after him... a secret organization that wish to destroy the gods and wanted Touma to evolve and become the new god like that and more of the past memory to be uncover! well its just me! whos looking forward to a story like that!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-08-11, 00:03   Link #3788
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
OK, I'm serious since I didn't reached that part I want to know the full conversation during Acqua's Heroic Sacrifice .
"Even if you have given up, there is still many people following behind you. What are they going to do??"
"To die by protecting this world, got defeated in protecting someone, you think this is acceptable!!"
"Of course not!! Your reason to fight that you had spoken, is it meant to let those who are waiting for you in tears to break out a smile of joy again!?"
"Come on, stand up!! Aren't you a hero!? Stand UUUUUPPPPP!!!"

See the balded part, and let us recall what does Flere210 means again??
Old 2010-08-11, 03:30   Link #3789
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
there aren't really a Touma action in 21?....wish Touma and Fiamma would fight already...it's been 3 vol. now and start the new arc before vol 25.....wish there was a vol where Touma meets a past friend and is secretly a magician looking after him... a secret organization that wish to destroy the gods and wanted Touma to evolve and become the new god like that and more of the past memory to be uncover! well its just me! whos looking forward to a story like that!
Vol 21 ends with a cliffhanger when Touma is rushing to attack fianmma

Quote:
"Even if you have given up, there is still many people following behind you. What are they going to do??"
"To die by protecting this world, got defeated in protecting someone, you think this is acceptable!!"
"Of course not!! Your reason to fight that you had spoken, is it meant to let those who are waiting for you in tears to break out a smile of joy again!?"

GO AQUA!!! even if your not a double saint, even if your not a saint, and even if your not a mage anymore!

YOUR THE GREATEST HERO OF ALL TIME!!!!

"Prince the Princess is waiting for your arrival so please come back " namida!!!!

EDIT:

Teh_Ping bro just finish chapter 3 of vol 8

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-08-11 at 09:33.
Old 2010-08-11, 10:17   Link #3790
Miraluka
Banned

*Looks at the chart*
Yes!! I knew Brunhild was a saint!! Those kanjis can be confusing time to time.

Quote:

Flere = Tear = Lagrima
Thanks a lot.
I wonder how much suffered Acqua by draining Gabriel's energy.
Old 2010-08-11, 10:37   Link #3791
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

I haven't finished it yet, just one page left. (Thought it would be convenient to just edit it first.)

EDIT: There, all done now.

Now, are we expecting a marriage between Acqua and Villian anytime soon...?

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2010-08-11 at 10:54.
Old 2010-08-11, 10:42   Link #3792
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Thanks for all your hard work, keeping my work hours less frustrating oh great Kagami sama (aka teh Ping)
Old 2010-08-11, 11:05   Link #3793
mark1246

Smile Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I haven't finished it yet, just one page left. (Thought it would be convenient to just edit it first.)

EDIT: There, all done now.

Now, are we expecting a marriage between Acqua and Villian anytime soon...?
Ah were almost to the part where Touma comes in Vol. 8, can't wait and thanks for translating it for nearly 4 volumes thank you
Old 2010-08-11, 19:07   Link #3794
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Hmm hmm, I guess I just found a calendar telling the timeline of the plot in Index. But I'm too lazy to post it here right now, maybe I'll do it later... or someone can do it before I do.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-08-11, 19:14   Link #3795
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ POST IT!! I've always been too lazy to go back and look at the dates that events occur, I want to know. D:

Actually, I wonder why the author makes it a point to give dates of events in the series? Is there some bigger meaning behind it?
Old 2010-08-11, 19:20   Link #3796
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
^ POST IT!! I've always been too lazy to go back and look at the dates that events occur, I want to know. D:

Actually, I wonder why the author makes it a point to give dates of events in the series? Is there some bigger meaning behind it?
Probably not. Probably makes it easier to understand how long the characters are doing something or how much time has passed.
Old 2010-08-11, 20:28   Link #3797
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Hai hai. Here it is then...

Spoiler for Index (speculated) timeline:

... For some reason SS2 seems to be missing from the timeline. Is it on a separate timeline not connected to when the events of Index occur, I wonder?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-08-11, 20:37   Link #3798
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post

Spoiler for Index (speculated) timeline:
Wow, everything happens a lot faster than I thought. I expected more time to have passed.
Old 2010-08-11, 20:43   Link #3799
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanpoo View Post
Hmm, no mention of her famous shorts? Anyway, thanks for the translation. Much appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
she's already wearing leggings. shorts would be overdoing it ^^;;

She is wearing her shorts you know. Like Haimura said, "The Iron Wall is alive and well."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
For some reason SS2 seems to be missing from the timeline. Is it on a separate timeline not connected to when the events of Index occur, I wonder?
SS2's stories take place all over the timeline. You can't place them at a single point in time.

Fairly detailed timelines of the events of the index novels and the railgun manga are up on the Japanese wiki.

They don't break things down by time of day or anything like that. But I like to use them for reference.
Old 2010-08-11, 23:29   Link #3800
oldmanpoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
She is wearing her shorts you know. Like Haimura said, "The Iron Wall is alive and well."
Lol. A reference to the Iron Curtain, I assume. Was that the bit in parenthesis?

Gotta admire Mikoto's dedication.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen