AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-07, 18:37   Link #581
drawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
The preview screenshots are out: http://www.animatetimes.com/news/det...?id=1504747958

Alessand is so dead.

And Lucifer? I wonder why is he finally getting off his ass, fairly sure he's not trying to bring Azazel home (I mean if he had let him roam free for the past 5 years).
Lucifer getting off his ass? Looks like he's being a hikki in the library now.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 02:02   Link #582
kuromitsu

Maybe he read everything available in Helheim so now he's going out to find more books...

Or maybe he has an inclination as to what Chari is up to, and he's trying to get Mugaro to use him for his own purposes... But alas, poor Mugaro is dying! Fortunately Lucifer knows a way to make him survive: turning him into a demon! So there's no way for him to go back to Heaven so there's nothing left in the way of the Azazel/Mugaro/Jeanne/Sofiel hippie commune of my dreams.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 13:48   Link #583
kari-no-sugata II

Umm. Yep. This episode is a turning point. A really really big one.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 14:38   Link #584
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Being Jeanne is truly suffing
Old 2017-09-08, 16:10   Link #585
James Rye

So Mugaro-chan is dead for good and he died for nothing! And Sofiel turned into a weapon for Jeanne it seems to power her up. Plus we got a rebellion and the gods and demon armies marching upon the human capitol wanting to lay waste on it. Damn, this going to be one hell of a finale and it sure won't be a happy ending one...
Old 2017-09-08, 16:30   Link #586
Mistyclear

Do the creators hate Jeanne or something?! She cannot catch a break. If the creators were trying to make Alessand sympathetic with his suffering over what he did to El, I'm not feeling it at all.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 16:58   Link #587
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Meh, Alessand just got hit with the full weight of his deeds. It's more like an opportunity to show how weak he really is. Basically being true to his character. If anything I wished that Alessand taking the gem wouldn't be a voluntary thing but the Captain just does it. Oh well, most likely he will suffer a pitiful death to Cerberus just somewhere mid battle...

As for the battle, yay massacre is truly the way to serve justice! I mean Jeanne of course isn't in her right mind after pretty much losing her son after all those years of suffering. But taking your wrath out on the humans in general is not quite the answer. At least if she gave an ultimatum but oh well, we'll see next episode. I really hope she will excessively focus on the Onyx Knights and such rather than indiscriminately murder people in the capital. Then again SnB2 has the tendency to not pick a moral high ground so it's time for Jeanne to get dirty. Who knows? With the demons joining I just can't see this ending up friendly for innocent civilians.

That being said the battle is going to be a toss up. At one hand Jeane empowered by Sofiel is basically the equivalent of Nina, a half-human and half-spiritual being. Her human side likely makes her very resistant to Onyx Knight sheanigans. Unlike Mugaro though she isn't a depowering McGuffin so the army has a chance to overwhelm her. And again, Onyx Knights have the power to stand up against the demons and gods before enough to render that a massacre. So yeah, it's a toss up. Although the scene in this episode might imply they are at the end of their ropes. Plus most of their forces must be in Eibos to do whatever they were originally supposed to do.
Again, anything can happen here.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 18:08   Link #588
drawr

Wow what an episode. Did not expect this turn of events. I wonder if they are going to add an ancient evil being awakened into this clusterfuck in the finale or is it simply an all out war between Charioce, Lucifer and Jeanne? Mugaro wanted to bring peace and now he's sparked this, poor kid. Nice to see Nina put her foot down though.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 18:35   Link #589
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I can't believe El is actually dead. I kept expecting him to revive in the after credit scene, but that never happened...

This is a really shocking twist. The death scene was really well done. The look of shock and horror on everybody's faces, Jeanne breaking down and Azazel shedding tears gave me the chills.

Like willyvereb, I was hoping the captain of the Onyx knight would force Alessand to take the gem into his body so he would be condemned to a slow and painful death, but he actually gave him an actual reward. It's up to Azazel and Jeanne to give him what he deserves. I don't know which of the two I want him to get killed by. I've rarely hated a character as much as I hate him now. Getting killed by his idol Jeanne would give him one last psychological blow before he draws his last breath while Azazel would be able to make him suffer physically for a long time (he's no stranger to torture). It'd be nice to get both. First Azazel tortures him, then Jeanne deals the finishing blow.

Going by to El, I found it weird Jeanne didn't take his body with her. Instead he was left in Rita's "medical office". You know, the girl who can raise the dead. No burial, no incineration. Maybe this is just denial, but I can't help thinking she might find a way to bring him back. A way that would only work because he's special to begin with.
Old 2017-09-08, 19:00   Link #590
kuromitsu

But like, he's not buried yet, so... he can come back... right? Right? Poor Mugaro... poor Jeanne... poor Azazel...

THIS IS NOT HOW I IMAGINED THE AZAZEL/JEANNE TEAM-UP HAPPENING! T_T)

I guess I'll always have the hippie commune in my dreams... Dammit.

Jeanne finally snaps. Favaro continues to be awesome. Kaisar continues to be an absolute sweetheart who should just marry Favaro and settle down somewhere far away from everything. Azazel is... regressing back to his old self except having grown up a bit? (This was good old Azazel with an extra edge, although I guess this time his motivation is a lot more sympathetic than "murder and mayhem for the lulz".) His scene with Lucifer was pretty great, and Lucifer slapping him was awesome and hilarious (sorry, Azazel, I'm heartbroken too, but it was so typical of you).

I really like Alessand's part in story, it ended the way it should have ended. Poor guy, really. I said it before but he's only human in this story where everyone is larger-than-life, and it really hit him hard this time. Such a petty, pathetic affair... And the black knight captain proving once and for all why he's worthless and giving him a reward regardless (a hugely ironic reward, too) was I think the best possible way to deal with the situation. Death is easy - having to live with all this will tear him apart. I guess eventually he'll tell Kaisar, although things are way over the point where the characters knowing the truth about this issue would matter. It's kind of ironic that this thing, the one thing he really had nothing to do with, seems to be leading to Charioce's downfall. (That, and whatever he's doing in Abos, including whatever he is doing to himself. I'm sure he hadn't expected to survive any of this even before the newly sainted Jeanne showed up.)

Btw the human resistance continues to be the only part of the story that I'm still not on board with. (I mean, aside of the part where Mugaro just died.) Where were all these people during all those years when Charioce was raiding the gods' temples or speaking pretty openly about how humans should be independent from the gods, and so on?

Also, I guess they really retconned the "magical beings can't be harmed by human weapons" thing... And I guess we're not supposed to think too deeply about why Sofiel didn't just take Mugaro back to heaven, no way they don't have magical healers there. (Dammit, Sofiel.) And aren't angels supposed to disintegrate when they die? Why is Mugaro's body still there! It has to be because he'll come back, right?!

(And continuing with the Gankutsuou parallels, Bahamut kills off the main character's blond friend which pushes them to get over their own broken heart, and face the antagonist and learn his secrets, while the world as we know it is falling apart. Well, in this case at least it's a misblame? )

By the way - this time the end card was by the director himself? What a surprise, I wouldn't have expected him to draw Lucifer, of all characters. And why is the end card Lucifer and not Mugaro? (Maybe because Mugaro was on an end card a few episodes ago?) And why was the preview Azazel and Lucifer, not Mugaro? (Maybe because Mugaro did a preview a few episodes ago...?) Still... still! This has to be because Mugaro will come back! /is grasping at straws

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2017-09-08 at 19:39.
Old 2017-09-08, 19:41   Link #591
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

El will be back, one way or the other. It just makes too little sense otherwise.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 20:04   Link #592
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I fuckin knew that p**** would have second thoughts after seeing those onyx soldiers. lil f**** b word.

And I agree with Guardian Enzo. Mugaro will be back. His body hasn't turned into gold dust yet...
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 20:29   Link #593
Mistyclear

I don't know if he would turn into golden dust since he's half human rather than full angel so I don't think the same rules apply to El like they do to the rest of the angels.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 21:06   Link #594
kuromitsu

Plus they seem to be retconning a few things anyway, so...

Personally I'm hoping he'll be back but at the same time I'm not holding my breath. I don't see what he could be possibly doing in the story anymore, other than turning out to be alive and being a sort of "happy end prize". (Possibly kissing Azazel dead if it comes to that.) Also, I hate it when shows cheapen emotional death scenes by having the character turn out to be alive after all, so if this is what they're planning to do they'd better do it really well.

Although there's still one thing - I'd been wondering about what was the point of the whole confusion about Mugaro's gender that didn't seem to lead anywhere, but then it got brought up again in this episode. If it's not a red herring/aborted plotline it might just hold some surprises.
Old 2017-09-08, 21:08   Link #595
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Annddd ... (literally) all hell is about to break loose. And heaven. And a few other places, people and things.

Uwah. -_-
Old 2017-09-08, 21:36   Link #596
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I... I can't... I really can't.

El's death struck me harder than I anticipated.

I.. yeah, let things crash and burn, let things CRASH AND BURN!
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 21:59   Link #597
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Plus they seem to be retconning a few things anyway, so...

Personally I'm hoping he'll be back but at the same time I'm not holding my breath. I don't see what he could be possibly doing in the story anymore, other than turning out to be alive and being a sort of "happy end prize". (Possibly kissing Azazel dead if it comes to that.) Also, I hate it when shows cheapen emotional death scenes by having the character turn out to be alive after all, so if this is what they're planning to do they'd better do it really well.

Although there's still one thing - I'd been wondering about what was the point of the whole confusion about Mugaro's gender that didn't seem to lead anywhere, but then it got brought up again in this episode. If it's not a red herring/aborted plotline it might just hold some surprises.
Speaking of Retcons...I still don't get how the humans beat the demons in a war when the superweapon wasn't even ready back then.

RIP El though, you were too pure for this world.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 22:13   Link #598
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I... I can't... I really can't.

El's death struck me harder than I anticipated.

I.. yeah, let things crash and burn, let things CRASH AND BURN!
LET IT END, which was the first opening name.
Old 2017-09-08, 22:34   Link #599
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think the whole gender thing was just to give Nina some kawaii points for cluelessness.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 23:45   Link #600
Wandering Soul

So El really is dead. I am surprised that they went through with it, but I suspect that he'll be back soon. Can't blame Jeanne for snapping though. She's ready to raze Chaorice and his kingdom down to the ground, which will understandable isn't what I think El would have wanted.

Tags
angels, dark fantasy, demons, dragons, gods, sequel, undead