AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-10-13, 20:05   Link #81
Verso Sciolto
.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawr View Post
I really didn't get the impression this show was tongue in cheek at all. It seemed to be taking the magical nazi shenanigans very seriously.
In reply you got anime references. Makes you wonder, doesn't it...? Made me wonder, anyway.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 23:38   Link #82
Cosmic Eagle
西の魔女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso Sciolto View Post
In reply you got anime references. Makes you wonder, doesn't it...? Made me wonder, anyway.
Aesthetics are not the same as the core theme of a work, if that's what you are driving at
__________________

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-14, 08:25   Link #83
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
First episode was better than ep0. Sure I wasn't taking that as reference to make any assumptions.

Anyways, the episode was interesting enough, more or less. And when I was starting to notice the absence of a black haired girl she appeared. Now I hope they will introduce her soon and that she will be the MH. Because the two friends are not that interesting and seem to be out of the magical / nazi loop. And the guillotine girl has past life connections but seems to appear in dreams, so far at least.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-14, 12:03   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
That was better than the first episode in the sense it wasn't confusing, but it wasn't very interesting either. Given the low number of episode, I expected a faster pace, but I guess it's good they aren't rushing unless it means cutting out more important things later.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-14, 15:40   Link #85
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I actually preferred ep0 to ep1. Ep0 may have been confusing with regards to the setting, but it was relatively clear on why we should care (because cool stuff). Ep1 was a yawnfest. I don't know if I'll stay with it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 19:44   Link #86
Verso Sciolto
.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawr View Post
I really didn't get the impression this show was tongue in cheek at all. It seemed to be taking the magical nazi shenanigans very seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso Sciolto View Post
In reply you got anime references. Makes you wonder, doesn't it...? Made me wonder, anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Aesthetics are not the same as the core theme of a work, if that's what you are driving at
The historical nazis knew they were the bad guys. We know they knew because of "Sonderaktion 1005" a.o..
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-16, 06:13   Link #87
Cosmic Eagle
西の魔女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso Sciolto View Post
The historical nazis knew they were the bad guys. We know they knew because of "Sonderaktion 1005" a.o..
The characters here do know they are villians and in it purely for themselves actually. But the point of the posts you quoted up there was "edginess." That's an aesthetic factor which is not restricted to villian characters or whether they are aware they are bad guys or not.
__________________

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 08:39   Link #88
Yoxall
Finest Crusade
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Alteria (Real Earth)
Blu-ray cover art.

Spoiler for VN readers would know what the spoiler is:
__________________
AVATAR BY KAIHAN and SIGNATURE BY RIKIKAI
Yoxall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 10:26   Link #89
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
How obviously they are trying to sell Ana with that cover.

Call me surprised. I did not expect them to animate the scene where Shriou confronts the Holy Grail.

Also, I am laughing so hard that the garbage CR translation actually did one thing better than the official VN translation.

(The VN translation falsely translated Holy Grail into Divine Vessel. So the CR garbage actually managed to be more correct.)

Last edited by shmaster; 2017-10-20 at 14:29.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 17:34   Link #90
Nivek von Beldo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
How obviously they are trying to sell Ana with that cover.

Call me surprised. I did not expect them to animate the scene where Shriou confronts the Holy Grail.

Also, I am laughing so hard that the garbage CR translation actually did one thing better than the official VN translation.

(The VN translation falsely translated Holy Grail into Divine Vessel. So the CR garbage actually managed to be more correct.)
I think they wanted to change in the VN to not looks like a fate clone(when Dies Irae come at the same time and was inspired by tsukihime)
Nivek von Beldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 01:07   Link #91
Cosmic Eagle
西の魔女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
fate is older than dies I think


And yeah, I didn't expect Shirou to show up there as well.
__________________

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 02:50   Link #92
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Well this is getting more interesting, on the otherhand animation during combat is still terrible.

While I did expect Ren's dreams to be more than just a coincidence since the frequently matched the number of murders, I didn't expect it was he who was behind them. I was assumption was the Nazi guys after their conversation last episode. I'm unsure if he's possessed by Karl or Marie at the moment making him kill subconsciously. Eitherway, he's gotten into quite a tight-spot, entirely unwillingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
I think they wanted to change in the VN to not looks like a fate clone(when Dies Irae come at the same time and was inspired by tsukihime)
This does reminds of UBW's beginning episodes when Caster went around murdering people for mana, however it doesn't really remind of Fate so far. The Holy Grail has appeared in numerous fictional stories anyway.

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-10-21 at 04:22.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 13:05   Link #93
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
That was definitely more interesting than the first episode. I can see the Tsukihime inspiration mentioned earlier.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 18:39   Link #94
MCAL
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
I think they wanted to change in the VN to not looks like a fate clone(when Dies Irae come at the same time and was inspired by tsukihime)
According to one of the translators, it was translated that way in the VN because it sounded less awkward.

@Shmaster
Spoiler:
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 21:49   Link #95
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
According to one of the translators, it was translated that way in the VN because it sounded less awkward.

@Shmaster
Spoiler:
I see, then I have disagree with the translators on this this case, although I agree with most of their choices.

Valeria being referred to as the Holy Grail is one of the awkwardly chuuni point of the VN. And I am highly against taking away anything that may sounds chuuni from Masada.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-24, 12:23   Link #96
sion21
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Anyone played the VN before? is it actually good? i watched the first 2 eps of the anime and it just scream edgy chuuni to me, the worst kind of chunni.
sion21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-24, 12:37   Link #97
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Try it on steam, the common route is free.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-24, 16:32   Link #98
IceHism
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion21 View Post
Anyone played the VN before? is it actually good? i watched the first 2 eps of the anime and it just scream edgy chuuni to me, the worst kind of chunni.
The VN is considered a kamige so yes. It is actually good.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-27, 15:41   Link #99
Nivek von Beldo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Spoiler for DI4:
Nivek von Beldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-27, 21:08   Link #100
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Is it just me or is this adaptation trying really hard to NOT explain anything?

They cut the conversation between the beast and the snake last episode, now they cut Rusalka's info dump this episode.
Yet, they toss in pointless scene of the snake going all cosmic NEET.

This is some of the most stupid changes I have seen.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
harem

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.