AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2006-09-02, 21:44   Link #1
gomez799

FMA Questions and Answers

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Fullmetal Alchemist anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Fullmetal Alchemist which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

I just finished watching full metal alchemist lately and was fairly pleased. I hear that the manga is still on going and that the ending of fma (anime) never takes place in the manga. Is this true? and does the manga look to be going in the direction of an ending similar to the anime?

Last edited by xris; 2008-05-24 at 12:59.
gomez799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 10:12   Link #2
animernq

Since the manga hasn't ended its impossible to tell if it will end differently to the anime, so I can't say for certain if that ending will ever take place. The direction the manga is heading in appears to be different though.
animernq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 09:38   Link #3
Samourai
Le samouraļ est le illest

Send a message via AIM to Samourai
The anime will be wrapped up in a movie, if im wrong, correct me.
Samourai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 16:32   Link #4
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

The movie is allready out, has been for a long time actually. In all honesty - it wraps nothing up The ending simply screams for another movie

I hope the magna will end in a different way.
Old 2006-10-08, 12:22   Link #5
Kilala642
FMA Freak

I read the manga and i got to vl. 9 and I see a few differences!!!!! I wonder which way it'll go (warning spoiler coming up) Especially when Roy kills Maria Ross!!!!!! And when Barry the choppers body appers in another body made by the homunculi. And fights the armored Barry!!!!!!!

Last edited by Kilala642; 2006-10-08 at 13:02.
Kilala642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 12:24   Link #6
..::Hacker::..
Alone, not Lonely

Location: Sitting by someone I'm in love with but can't have because he already shattered my heart
Send a message via MSN to ..::Hacker::.. Send a message via Yahoo to ..::Hacker::..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala642 View Post
I read the manga and i got to vl. 1 and I already see a difference!!!!! I wonder which way it'll go (warning spoiler coming up) Especially when Roy kills Maria Ross!!!!!! And when Barry the choppers body appers!!!! In chimara form!!!!!!
Barry The Chopper doesn't come in chimera form!?! His soul is transmuted in the armor like Alphonses soul is
..::Hacker::.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 13:05   Link #7
Kilala642
FMA Freak

I edited my post andthat should tell you what I ment!
Kilala642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 15:37   Link #8
artychick2009

ok SPOILERS!! Roy doesn't actually kill Maria, yes it's a long story, but I have read up to somepart in vol.13 via a fandubbed manga I found online. (http://www.readmanga.com/view.php?currtitle=1) at the end of volume 9 Armstrong mysrteiously takes Ed with him somewhere, you find out that they are going, and they are taking Maria out of the country so that she will be safe. (you find this out in chapter 40) of course, this is behind the Sins' back, like the part where Mustang was calling his "girlfriend" and it turns out they we on a secret misson. I won't try to expalin further because I don't want to let out more spoilers. so if you want you can read it though that site, cause I know I didn't expalin that very well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala642 View Post
I read the manga and i got to vl. 9 and I see a few differences!!!!! I wonder which way it'll go (warning spoiler coming up) Especially when Roy kills Maria Ross!!!!!! And when Barry the choppers body appers in another body made by the homunculi. And fights the armored Barry!!!!!!!
artychick2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 16:10   Link #9
Paradox042

Something has been bothering me.... (spoilers)

2 questions that I have after watching last nights episode

Who is Rose's baby's father?

How did she lose her voice?

Please answer if you know.
Paradox042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 17:20   Link #10
kuybi
The SoulTaker

Send a message via MSN to kuybi
maybe the baby is some kind of adopted or orphan but idont now about her voice this question is troubling me.
kuybi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 23:26   Link #11
Paradox042

I remember seeing a episode a few months back (I think) where Ed found her in a desserted underground city, but I forgot what else happened there.
Old 2006-10-26, 18:06   Link #12
MinoanMan

she lost her voice because some soldiers(probably from cornelo loyalists) took her into their barracks and they found her and freed her from their clutches and she couldn't speak since (imo she was probably raped or tortured or somthing).

the baby could be from this hinted at rape.
MinoanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 18:51   Link #13
Paradox042

really? Thats cruel, but now that I know I can finally sleep at night. Thanks for the help.
Old 2006-12-17, 03:08   Link #14
Gradox

Don't know if this has been talked about or not

Can somebody explain "Don't Forget 3.Oct.10" to me
Gradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 13:27   Link #15
digitalmaster287

Thats the date he burnt his home down. I think its to keep him reminded that he has no home to go to and that he gave everyhing he had up in order to get his and his brother's bodies back.
digitalmaster287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 00:27   Link #16
fullmetalMonkey
fma obessed monkey

my first ep was the one where ed dances with roze so i thought they were ed's and by the way i thoght her name was rose
fullmetalMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 01:03   Link #17
fullmetalMonkey
fma obessed monkey

is honinhime of light ed's father's real name or a title like knight
Old 2006-12-26, 02:18   Link #18
7thFonon
seventh

I think His name is really Honenheim, but yeah the rest of it is just a title.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 20:01   Link #19
fullmetalMonkey
fma obessed monkey

thank you alot
Old 2006-12-26, 20:16   Link #20
fullmetalMonkey
fma obessed monkey

fma movie lead to new fma

i think so i just wanted other imput