AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-07-15, 14:05   Link #41
Tsu
Burorororou

Send a message via MSN to Tsu
The ED of Daa Daa Daa, Boy Meets Girl.
It wouldn't be such a bad song, were it not for the vocals. It's like she's holding back for some reason, except for certain notes....
Tsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 18:01   Link #42
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Ah, what else. I didn't really like the Melody of Oblivion ED but it grew on me. If you forget the somewhat offpitch singing, tis actually a rather nice song (to me.)
Wao,

You wouldn't know where one might find a copy of this little ditty, would you?
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 19:09   Link #43
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Since my memory is bad, the "worst" songs that I can remember would be anything after the first OP and ED of Naruto, anything in Samurai Champloo, Itazura na Kiss and the recent ED in Inuyasha, the GANTZ OP, the OPs for Cosmopolitan Prayers and Love Love, and the Tenjou Tenge OP.

However, there are a number of recent series that have had great OP music in the TV edit but, upon listening to the full versions, made me go insane from how bad they sounded. The two songs I'm referring to are the OPs for Rumic Theater and Last Exile.

For those of you that disliked the NieA_7 OP or any song from Utena, I say your music taste stinks! That is all.

Quote:
And the rap opening song of Tenjou Tnege is just about my definition of bad music, so damn ugly
Almost as ugly as the character designs.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 19:58   Link #44
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
Hmm...most of the Naruto openings and endings. I wouldn't say they're "the worst" but I'm a bit braindead right now. I think the only one I've really liked a lot was Harumonia. o_O
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 20:56   Link #45
stpehen
kisses for all

I'm guessing nobody here watched Geneshaft. Even if you can get around the ridiculous cock-rock guitar wanking of the OP/BGM, it's hard to deny that the ED singer has some of the most annoying enunciation ever recorded.

Other apparent songs of frequent contention(?):
Gantz OP - Fun, infectious and unexpected
Champloo OP - Interesting delivery, enjoyable
TJTG OP - I skip it
Monster OP/ED - Quite suitable
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 11:10   Link #46
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
The worst (which I recall) is the third ending of Fullmelat Alchemist.
I don't know the song name(I don't want to either).
All openings and endings on FMA have been excellent, except that one... She can't even sing :/
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 23:43   Link #47
Uesugi-sama
暗殺戦術特殊部隊

Send a message via AIM to Uesugi-sama
Bad anime songs, well, where to begin..
Going way back to Dragonball, I would say Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku was awful, utter trash. Some of the Sailormoon songs were pretty bad, so I always skipped the intro.
The intro song to King of Bandits Jing starts off pretty cool but ends as pure crap as the person who sings it really needs to go back to singing class in my opinion. The intro songs for Madlax, Onegai Twins and Detective Conan also rank really low for me.
Uesugi-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 01:56   Link #48
wao
OK.

Oooh... well, I have to add I really did not like the Rose of Versailles ED theme. I don't know why, I just don't really like older-sounding romantic songs? THe first time I heard Andre's line at the end of it I was laughing like mad. Uh.... yeah.

BUt the OP is nice, okay?!

Oh, and I suppose I mentioned it before but I'll mention it again, I HATE the Vandread OP/EDs except Trust and one of the OVA OPs, Spacy Spicy Love.
Old 2004-07-23, 08:38   Link #49
silviachan

Quote:
The ED of Daa Daa Daa, Boy Meets Girl.
And the others aren't so much better
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 07:04   Link #50
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

One of the series we're showing at our university's anime club is Ultra Maniac - whose OP vocals I find rather grating. (Fortunately, for each showing, we play 2 ~ 3 episodes and we traditionally only play the OP for the first episode that we're showing.)

While the ED isn't so special either, at least it's nowhere near the OP in terms of vocal grating-ness.
Yaoi_Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 12:19   Link #51
Green Opal

Obviously, opinions are going to differ on something like music... But the ultimate in pain for me comes from Initial D and Dear Boys. Eurobeat = bad, in both cases, but that's just in the episodes... the actual openings and endings defy belief. The seconds ending to first stage (Kiseki no Hana, I think?) is alright, but the other ones are just awful.
Oh, and then there's Hanada Shounen Shi, but then the less said about having the backstreet boys do anime music the better
Green Opal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 13:33   Link #52
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

Daa Daa Daa first Op and Ending. i realise that just now because i just started watching it. how awful (the ending much than anything...)

I don't like the op of Maria-sama ga miteru spring either ( the anime even more beurk!!!!! it's sooooooooooooooo boring)
Yogo_Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 13:45   Link #53
Ongaku_no_tenshi
Shine your light on thee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
I'm guessing nobody here watched Geneshaft. Even if you can get around the ridiculous cock-rock guitar wanking of the OP/BGM, it's hard to deny that the ED singer has some of the most annoying enunciation ever recorded.

Other apparent songs of frequent contention(?):
Gantz OP - Fun, infectious and unexpected
Champloo OP - Interesting delivery, enjoyable
TJTG OP - I skip it
Monster OP/ED - Quite suitable

You have truely hit the nail on the head....ALL of the music in Geneshaft is some of the worst anime music I have ever heard. The artist (I don't think he deserves that title) singing (if you want to call it that) the ending theme sounds like he's in a drunken stupor. It also doesn't help that show itself is below par.
Ongaku_no_tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 17:23   Link #54
niidel

As for me... the worst piece of music I have ever met on my journey of anime, is definitely For Fruits Basket, the OP for... Fruits Basket! It must have subliminal messages that say "don't listen to me, don't watch the anime" in it...

Maybe it sets the mood right, I dunno, I don't like Fruits Basket anyway.

/me takes cover because of the angered fangirl-armies

PS. "Dearest" from I My Me Strawberry Eggs is also a brain-eater x_X

Last edited by niidel; 2004-07-31 at 06:03. Reason: Wrong song XD
niidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 06:51   Link #55
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
....the op/ed of crush gear...s***s to the max
Angela Sanctisstessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 12:18   Link #56
ZhanDVG
Hail to the Sky~

The opening theme to Azumanga Daioh is, hands don't, not only the worst anime themesong, but possibly the worst song in the world. I can't even begin the describe how terrible it is. From the annoying whining strings that start the song, from the melody which, through the entire song sounds like it's confused on how to be a melody. It just... jumps all over the place. And the singer who's voice was annoying enough without it being double tracked at times.

I am deeply saddened by the fact that I will have to sit through it 25 more times at least.
ZhanDVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 13:06   Link #57
Bullsquat
Strange Love

The worst anime song ever is definitely the OP from Diamond Dust Drop. I was cringing just by listening to the opening note. La la la step la la la jump or something. Bah!
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 17:07   Link #58
Ryu_Hiragoshi

Send a message via AIM to Ryu_Hiragoshi Send a message via MSN to Ryu_Hiragoshi Send a message via Yahoo to Ryu_Hiragoshi
Man, I love Monster's ED song so much I'm going to memorize it and sing it at next year's Otakon. There's something that just sucks me about monster's OST. Maybe because it's quiet and distrubing.

But since I should be on-topic Rock the Dragon definately takes the cake. That song makes me want to run out in traffic.

Hirakashi Ryu
Ryu_Hiragoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 18:02   Link #59
IceBlueEyes

I have alot of tolerance for anime music- and can like just about every genre of music in general. Almost everything I've heard and everything listed here I've liked. hehe. I watch the ops and eds every time too.. even if I don't care much at first, somehow they win me over in time.

But I still have some to list.

Naruto ED 4 -Alive-
- It's not that it has rap (yes, I have liked some Japanese rap music..) It just sounded terrible. I don't even know where to begin. It's not even funny in an absurd way (like the third on this list). The background music is okay though. Like I said I have great tolerance. ^^

.Hack//Dusk -Emerald Green-
- I don't know why. Maybe it's just boring? Or dissapointing when the op is such a cute Round Table & Nino song.

Tokyo Babylon -Strawberry Kiss Kiss-
- It's kind of funny.. it's worth listening to and torturing others with.

I also didn't like the Tenshi Na Konamaiki eds either. I like the ops though. Fun

Last edited by IceBlueEyes; 2004-08-06 at 08:51.
IceBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 19:35   Link #60
Miregal

Hikaru no go last ending. " myuusikku itto mai shingu!" I sounds somehow like ABBA
Miregal is offline   Reply With Quote