AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-27, 07:13   Link #2041
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Well, Warcraft 3 had excellent story and Starcraft & BW was pretty good as well especially when it comes to the plot. Arthas & Kerrigan is probably one of the most memorable villains in Blizzard games.

Diablo 2 was much more creatively executed in terms of story progression as you see events unfold from Marius' narrative instead of the heroes' in D3. The twist in the end was a great lead up to LoD expansion.

However, D3 does fleshed out the world lore better with all the little voice snippets you find in tomes and conversations.
Old 2012-05-27, 09:10   Link #2042
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
It's a range class using range... personally I don't see the problem.
Even the player said to me that it was a boring and cheap way.

and Blizzard might just nerf DH's range soon.

--

anyways about the ending, I did find the ending pretty sudden and "wtf thats it?" people give blizzard grief for the diablo falling and the stone falling back to earth, how would they know?

Something tells me theres gonna be a dragon boss sooner or later in a expansion, you know.. the first Evil.
Old 2012-05-27, 11:11   Link #2043
Marina2

I think I will stop playing Diablo 3 for a while, waiting them to fix all of problems/issues as well as improving/nerfing skills.

Maybe 1-3 weeks.
Old 2012-05-27, 13:05   Link #2044
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

So how's everyone feedback about the game so far after 2 weeks release?

What i found from the net is: the non-casual players are pretty much on the end game now, and the only thing stopping people from grinding items repeatedly in Inferno was due to the spike of damage there (1 hit dead pretty much) of general monsters

But it seems the sale seems still going smoothly on Blizzard favour, as the smaller shops have been running out of stocks for the past 2 weeks. And the cheaper price was slightly pushed up now comparing to 15th May. Either that, or the demand dropped so sharply that they don't want to risk stocking up
Old 2012-05-27, 13:16   Link #2045
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Well, the only thing constantly bugging me at this point is the instability of the Auction House. Kind of hard to make easy money when the darn thing keeps getting taken down for maintenance.

Other than that, I am having a blast trying out the different classes. Now that I have parked my Wizard in Inferno, I am slowing down my pace and rolling other classes and well... explore the lore and storyline at a more leisurely pace.

Currently playing a female Monk and the banter with the Scoundrel is hilarious. After getting shot down time after time in Act 1, they have now resorted to making caustic remarks to each other in Act 2. Can't wait to see how the banters evolve in Act 3.

Scoundrel: "For such a beautiful place, there sure are a lot of ugly creatures around. But then, I guess that's because you're here."
Monk: "What?"
Scoundrel: "I jest! Well... mostly. When was the last time you bathed, exactly?"

The female Monk is MAJOR tsun towards the Scoundrel.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:18   Link #2046
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

^ The female Wizard actually has that conversation with the Scoundrel too. And yes, the Scoundrel has the best banter of the followers.

"Angry naked women coming after me? It's like summer in Westmarch all over again!"

Covetous Shen has some awesome things to say though...

Monk: "You love your jewels more than some men love their wives."
Shen: "Maybe because I had loved their wives more than them."

(Yes, starting a Monk run now alongside my newbie Demon Hunter. Though I'll still get my lvl 59 Wizard to 60 so I can turn her into the ultimate farming machine.)

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 14:49   Link #2047
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Just got hacked. Lost all my items, and now I'm a lvl 56 Wizard running in hell buck ass naked.

And I'd almost give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt and say it may have been my fault, but alas, I have an authenticator. Little good it did to protect my account.

It's okay blizzard, I already lost a few hundred thousand on your auction house with items disappearing and gold not showing up despite having sold the items. I understand that you're just trying to give me a challenge.
Old 2012-05-27, 15:04   Link #2048
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
~~ And I'd almost give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt and say it may have been my fault, but alas, I have an authenticator. Little good it did to protect my account. ~~
Just to clarify, which type of authenticator? I ask this because there has been some misunderstanding on which ones Blizzard is asking people to use.

With reference to this post, Dial-In Authenticators are not good enough. The ones that you need to use are the physical ones, or the mobile application ones.

Using a physical one myself, ever since my WoW account got hacked a couple of years back. Apparently I got keylogged when I logged in my account at a LAN-cafe. Not the brightest thing to do in hindsight, I know.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-27, 15:12   Link #2049
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Right here~
Edit: wrong link
Edit 2: http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100001981

Frankly, it doesn't make any sense to me how I can be compromised while using it.

And I only took this into consideration because my Starcraft II account has been hacked before. I've only been hacked twice in my life, both times a Blizzard product, and this time I had that extra security from their very own product. This is a disgrace.
Old 2012-05-27, 15:14   Link #2050
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Right here~
http://us.blizzard.com/store/search.xml?q=blizzard+auth

Frankly, it doesn't make any sense to me how I can be compromised while using it.
Have you reported it to Blizzard yet?

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-27, 15:21   Link #2051
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Ticket Status: Open.

Hopefully they can restore my account to before it got hacked. Not that I'll ever feel comfortable about the security of my character after this.
Old 2012-05-27, 15:25   Link #2052
Renya

After playing since the launch day, got tired of d3 now :/
Inferno is kinda hard for me to progress with my barb and i really can't be bothered to grind anymore as the loot drop is pretty bad most of the time >.<

Kinda want to make a dh/wizzy but worried about the session id hack :/
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 16:53   Link #2053
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

THE what hack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
So how's everyone feedback about the game so far after 2 weeks release?
It's a great time sink and way to screw your hand up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
What i found from the net is: the non-casual players are pretty much on the end game now, and the only thing stopping people from grinding items repeatedly in Inferno was due to the spike of damage there (1 hit dead pretty much) of general monsters
Uh... I'm technically casual and I'm on Inferno right after skeleton king. Just farming, since the forest there is great for DH. Damage is a problem but with the right skill build you just don't get hit. I went though Hell just one-shoting everything. Act 1 inferno isn't that hard, mobs may do a lot of damage but they don't have that much hp, so you can just kill things off before they kill you (and no it's not oneshot, but something like 2 shots, though you usually dodge a little so you do actually have survivability; gloom's 65% dmg reduction can help you tank a little too). Just buy some 850 DPS weapon (or 1k+ one if you're rich) and just go crazy. Current Inferno build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...RgT!ZTe!YbccYZ (pump crit chance and crit damage, and get scoundrel for even more crit). Can't speak for the later acts but at least in the beginning it's not nearly as hard as people and blizzard make it out to be, just gear dependent.
Old 2012-05-27, 17:09   Link #2054
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Err... it's pretty obvious that their servers have been compromised at this point. And it's not like the first time this has happened. This is really disappointing, and I really doubt everyone's been using "password" as a password" and downloads 56457 keyloggers in the span of time since release.

And people have been hacked when they are LOGGED ON ALREADY. Should the system not be suspicious of simultaneous logins from different locations?

So no, I'm not going to pay extra to not get hacked; paying for something that should be guaranteed is just plan asinine.

Anyhow, keep blaming users like you always do.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 17:12   Link #2055
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Wasn't aware of the hacking.
Old 2012-05-27, 17:30   Link #2056
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Well, if the servers can't stay stable and the auction house is constantly broken, I'm sure security issues wouldn't be a surprise either... and no offline mode seemed less feasible and less for the servers.

Considering that I've never been hacked ever, even after years of casually playing poker sites, where money was involved and there was a real incentive to get hack people's accounts, and I never needed any authenticator nonsense-- well, all I see are excuses. And no I don't think Pokerstars was an obscure site, but they really had a move on when any breach was suspected. You know, they actually cared. One can say all the want about how shady online poker was, given the legal situation, but hey, they actually cared about the customer.

And no, I can't give them the benefit of the doubt this time, because their initial response to anything, when you contact support or read official posts is to blame their user. It's always the user's fault. But they only do this to waste your time while they come up with whatever halfassed fix that will lead to other problems in 2 months. I've seen this shit too much with these guys.

And no, I haven't been hacked yet. I'm sure it'll happen soon, and my password isn't good enough even though I can't remember it at this point and Windows was only reinstalled lately... It's not like I've seen what kind of account compromises were caused by user failure. It happened all the time in d2 due to trojans or scam or whatnot. But in this case, it looks nothing like it.

It doesn't matter at this point. I'm not buying HOTS at release if at all, I'm never touching WOW with a ten foot pole, and if Diablo III should have any expansion packs, I'll have to see what it's like at this point. The moment I put down 60 bucks for this game, I put down my last faith in these guys. It all gets decided here for me.

I understand that there's too many expectations. But I never expected deep gameplay, excellent graphics, or a intriguing story. I wanted a hack and slash loot game that I can play with many people, the servers would work, and people's accounts can't get arbitrarily hacked. Is that really too much to expect from games these days? If so, then I'm just going to play Mega Man X6 again, because even that is less frustrating than seeing this.

Also, it's nice to know that some of the authenticator options are useless. Why even bother?

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-05-27 at 17:53.
Old 2012-05-27, 17:53   Link #2057
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
So no, I'm not going to pay extra to not get hacked; paying for something that should be guaranteed is just plan asinine.
Agreed on that part. How dare Blizzard had the nerve to tell its customers to pay extra for security? They are suppose to be the ones doing the protecting. If the authenticator is so essential, they should send each customer a free one. I find the idea that Blizzard want us to pay for an authenticator to be outrageous.
Old 2012-05-27, 18:10   Link #2058
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Agreed on that part. How dare Blizzard had the nerve to tell its customers to pay extra for security? They are suppose to be the ones doing the protecting. If the authenticator is so essential, they should send each customer a free one. I find the idea that Blizzard want us to pay for an authenticator to be outrageous.
Indeed, it's a joke. If you do online banking, you will realize how stupid it is, since they usually have security measures that let you register your computer. Do you have to pay extra? Some may argue it's included in the fees anyways, but that's fine, include the cost Blizzard. What I don't want is being sold an incomplete product that leads to shit like this.

How about this? I pledge to use the RMAH and you guys send it to me for free. K?

And I brought up online poker because that particular site has millions of users. If we counted play money it's up to 10s of millions of users and yes... they actually take measures to even offer support and help for THAT. Is Blizzard a small company that can't afford this? LOL. Well, even if they can't handle it, biting off more than you can chew is already a problem.

Yes that site has authenticators, but most people online and offline that I know have had no use for it. They could be trusted for hundreds or thousands of dollars-- I don't think i can trust Blizzard for 50.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-05-27, 18:24   Link #2059
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

you can get Authenticators for free as a phone app...
Old 2012-05-27, 18:24   Link #2060
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

It's hard to keep facts from fiction here. People making claims on the internet vs a company trying to save face (read: money) - wouldn't want to judge this case.

Irrational internet mass rage without proof has become such a regular phenomenon that by now I distrust it as much as I distrust companies' promises.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler