AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-27, 06:12   Link #21
coodie29

Send a message via Yahoo to coodie29
good things happen to those who do good...

Have they, vergo and monet, been good??
Old 2012-12-27, 06:27   Link #22
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Why must we wait a few weeks for the next chapter WHY? (before you answer this is just a hypothetical question) =(

Loving The invincible Iron Man....er....Pirate in this chapter, Franky was Suuuppppeerrrrrr!!! I would have been surprised if Oda had franky pushed aside easily by Don's Subordinates.

Favourite bit in this chapter was Ussop snapping at Law for being so relaxed when stating about the possibility of tunnel collapsing.

Monet had the icicle heart stab technique coming, no big surprise there.

Flaming is on his way, to me this is very sudden and surprising and amazing all in one BUT The straw hats will probably just about be gone before 'the joker' arrives and he will probably go ape shit.
Old 2012-12-27, 08:29   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

General Franky is very sturdy. Baby 5's attack didn't even put a scratch on him. I'm confident he can win this fight.

So Doflamingo aims to become pirate king as well... interesting. I didn't expect him to join the fray so soon. What happened to Vergo and Monet must have really pissed him off. I'm dying to read the next chapter. Why did the break have to happen now?
Old 2012-12-27, 08:49   Link #24
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

what the heck!!! Law is so genius!!!
omg... and the crews are saved just like that...

but wait! we finally can see Doflamingo's battle?

so this time, after challenging Big Mom, Luffy will face Doflamingo's wrath
Old 2012-12-27, 11:37   Link #25
yakumo-chan

I was really laughing when he said "Die Smoker!" LOL!
Old 2012-12-27, 12:45   Link #26
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
what the heck!!! Law is so genius!!!
omg... and the crews are saved just like that...

but wait! we finally can see Doflamingo's battle?

so this time, after challenging Big Mom, Luffy will face Doflamingo's wrath
Would be a good workup for Big Mom. There is still the order of ranks to consider. Doflamingo is a strong character, but he is no Yonko. If Luffy beats him up, I say he is ready for a Yonko and even a Admiral.
Old 2012-12-27, 13:15   Link #27
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post
that dont look like an icicle or is it?..sad ....Law ability allow him to go around snatching ppl heart then if he really wan just slash it into half...as easy as that....unlike Vergo who just keep squeezing it n end up defeated.
Looks like Law can beat any logia-types with that heart-snatch ability.
Old 2012-12-27, 13:20   Link #28
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'm sure Law can snatch more than just hearts. If I was Law, I would snatch brains as well.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-12-27, 14:16   Link #29
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Well I'll be glad if the end of this arc in fact ends in the defeat in Doflamingo. That would REALLY shake things up.
Old 2012-12-27, 15:08   Link #30
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
A-Alittle surprised everyone's not too concerned over Doflamingo FLYING over the ocean there... makes me wonder what kind of limitations his ability has~
Old 2012-12-27, 16:04   Link #31
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well there is one obvious limitation to his abbility: It can likely be avoided or countered rather easily if an opponent knows how it works. It's just a hunch, but that's the feeling I get from it.
Old 2012-12-27, 16:12   Link #32
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Doflamingo has only shown to be able to control one person at a time. Not only that, but the caliber of the victim possibly plays a role in mitigating/nullifying Doflamingo's puppetry. For example, in the war, 13th division commander Atmos was forced to attack his own crewmates, whereas 3rd division commander Jozu only got stopped from assaulting Crocodile any further (and he was caught off-guard too during that altercation).
Old 2012-12-27, 17:49   Link #33
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Y'know Monet is a logia user, and a snow one at that. Caesar stabbed her heart with an icicle. Even though it may be a stretch, I wouldn't be surprised if it's solely because of her devil fruit that she survives that fatal blow. Considering Oda's track record of character deaths it's hard to say just what her fate will be.

Well, the thing is..... we DID see her coughing up blood after the heart was stabbed. It wouldn't make sense for her to randomly pass out like that if her heart really WERE intangible.....

Furthermore, logia defense isn't really as automatic as many make it out to be. The only real reason it seems that way is because many of the users trained their powers. But it's not like they can still be caught off-guard (I'm thinking of the time when Luffy collided with Smoker and Ace at Alabasta. Even if that scene was a gag, I still think it's good proof that logias aren't completely invincible against non-haki users).....
Old 2012-12-27, 19:42   Link #34
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Doflamingo has only shown to be able to control one person at a time. Not only that, but the caliber of the victim possibly plays a role in mitigating/nullifying Doflamingo's puppetry. For example, in the war, 13th division commander Atmos was forced to attack his own crewmates, whereas 3rd division commander Jozu only got stopped from assaulting Crocodile any further (and he was caught off-guard too during that altercation).
That's true. It has been 2 years since then and it would be great to see how his powers have increased.
Old 2012-12-27, 19:52   Link #35
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I'm sure Law can snatch more than just hearts. If I was Law, I would snatch brains as well.
What would be the point? From what we got from the hearts is that, despite not being present in the body, they do still function as they normally would; i'd assume the same would go for the brain. Stab the heart, kill it's owner... stealing the brain aswell wouldn't really help all that much if you already got the heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Well I'll be glad if the end of this arc in fact ends in the defeat in Doflamingo. That would REALLY shake things up.
I doubt it; Doflamingo's got a bunch of minions and you just know we aren't gonna see a final fight with him unless the rest of them are involved as well to tangle with the other strawhats... not sure how this will end, but more than likely it will just be a prelude to their real confrontation later down the line.
Old 2012-12-27, 22:32   Link #36
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
What would be the point? From what we got from the hearts is that, despite not being present in the body, they do still function as they normally would; i'd assume the same would go for the brain. Stab the heart, kill it's owner... stealing the brain aswell wouldn't really help all that much if you already got the heart
One important thing about those whose hearts are stolen is that they don't die, this is because they are kept alive for further motives.

In that case, main purpose of stealing hearts is to be able to use the heart as a hostage to control someone.

And if you want to control someone, the best thing you can use is the person's brain itself.

You can keep him alive but blind by damaging the visual cortex, lose his memories by damaging the hippocampus, make him forget all his nakama by damaging his cerebral cortex or simply give him a stroke by bruising the brain. There are countless things you can do with someone's brain.

If I want to control someone without killing him, the brain is definitely a much more effective solution that just the heart.

Also if Law has access to some powerful electromagnets, he can literally put on off switches on a whole variety of behaviours and motor functions without inducing physical damage.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-12-27, 22:41   Link #37
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 694
That was a good chapter. Finally Dalfamingo is joining the fight. Now the question of the day is. Is Vergo and Monet actually dead?

Zoro's turn
I would like to see Zoro take on Daflamingo because everyone in this arch has had someone to take on except for Zoro(Harpy does not count). Zoro is also the only guy we have not seen put his true skill to work. We saw Sanji's limit with Vergo and we have watched Luffy since the entrance to the new world display his powers. Zoro is the only one out of the trio that has not faced a worthy opponent. Even Law and Smoker got to face off with strong people. For better or worse it is time for a spot light on Zoro.

Loyalty and Dedication
Has for Daflamingo, he is lucky to have people like them fighting at his side. Vergo smiling knowing he is at his possibly at his end, Monet suicidal suggestions to Daflamingo, finally Baby 5 and Buffalo fighting on the Island knowing they will die in the explosion. I am very interested to see his back story and how he was able to inspired such devotion.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-12-27 at 23:54. Reason: Add on more stuff: Add on is underlined
Old 2012-12-27, 22:42   Link #38
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The note of Doflamingo flying, it appears that he seems to be riding on something. I remember when one of the Rookies went into the New World, they were running on something invisible maybe that is the case here though very anti-climatic. Another possibility is most likely Doflamingo has a Devil fruit power. Like everyone stated before it seems like its puppetry. For puppetry it would most likely have something to do with wires. Remember when Doflamingo cleanly slice of Oar's leg off, it looked like some a wire would do. So maybe Doflamingo is using wires to get around that looks like its flying.
Old 2012-12-27, 22:49   Link #39
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
And if you want to control someone, the best thing you can use is the person's brain itself.

You can keep him alive but blind by damaging the visual cortex, lose his memories by damaging the hippocampus, make him forget all his nakama by damaging his cerebral cortex or simply give him a stroke by bruising the brain. There are countless things you can do with someone's brain.

If I want to control someone without killing him, the brain is definitely a much more effective solution that just the heart.

Also if Law has access to some powerful electromagnets, he can literally put on off switches on a whole variety of behaviours and motor functions without inducing physical damage.

Honestly, I'm not sure if holding a brain hostage is as effective as it would be with a different vital organ like a heart or lungs. Mainly because I feel it's a lot more risky since it would probably take even the slightest impact to the removed brain and suddenly the victim DUNT THUNK NO GUD NO MUR. Just imagine that happening if Law removed Caesar's brain, for instance. IMO that's just way too impractical and unnecessarily troublesome a task considering how delicate a brain is (and, you know, Law keeping those things around LUFFY of all people).....
Old 2012-12-28, 01:53   Link #40
Undertaker

As for Doflamingo flying, I find it interesting that he's flying motion is kind of humorous. The way Oda draws that motion lines almost as if he's a stereotypical UFO or an object that is struggling to stay afloat.

That being said, since I doubt there would really be an actual confrontation, I'm expecting everyone to leave PH before he arrived or he and a quick face-off with Luffy realizing he was out numbered and withdrew along with CC, Baby5 and Buffalo.

I mean at this point, I don't even think a Yonku or Admiral by himself/herself can overwhelm Luffy/Zoro/Sanji combined not to mention Law and Smoker. If they can, the the two year training is a total joke.