AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2006-12-22, 15:18   Link #41
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Hm...anyone watch the dub yet? I actually just started a few minutes instead of last night. In the first episode, when Mitsuki and Takayuki are arguing in the beginning, does Mitsuki say "Poor Shinji has an abrasive boyfriend" or Poor shi* has an abrasive boyfriend?" LOL
The only dub i ever like was the old tenchi dub.
Old 2006-12-22, 15:57   Link #42
Asrialys

¬_¬ Great...I think my DVD's busted (Or maybe they all are). When Takayuki first meets Haruka's sister, the scene skips back a second and a line is repeated. It seems to be something in the chapter transition. Oh and the DVD jumps to the second episode with a clicking sound, but I can live with that. I suppose these are minor things, but I care about these kinds of things in the stuff I buy.

All these issues before finishing the second episode...
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 16:03   Link #43
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
¬_¬ Great...I think my DVD's busted (Or maybe they all are). When Takayuki first meets Haruka's sister, the scene skips back a second and a line is repeated. It seems to be something in the chapter transition. Oh and the DVD jumps to the second episode with a clicking sound, but I can live with that. I suppose these are minor things, but I care about these kinds of things in the stuff I buy.

All these issues before finishing the second episode...
Yeah, sounds like a manufacturing defect on your disc; it's rare, but it does happen. They're not all like that. I'd try playing it in another DVD player just to be sure, but if the disc is defective, you can certainly get it replaced at no charge either through the store or, worst case, through Funimation.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 17:49   Link #44
Asrialys

Heh, I counted three of these skips. They were all chapter transitions. But I want to know if anyone else's does it before I exchange it. It's such a far drive...

Oh, I guess I should try other DVD players too.

EDIT: Alright...everything's ok...I guess it was just the DVD player I use that does it. Oh, and...damn you, Xellos...I wanna watch more...

Last edited by Asrialys; 2006-12-22 at 18:19.
Old 2006-12-23, 17:02   Link #45
Mentar
Banned

If you're gritting your teeth after ep5, you might want to put off watching the second DVD which I expect to go till ep10. Otherwise you'll be forced to stop at the mother of all train wrecks and left hanging ^_^;

In this case you may prefer waiting for the last DVD. You have been warned.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 17:49   Link #46
Asrialys

Well...I still haven't watched my FMP, Fumoffu, and Angelic Layer DVDs, so those can have my attention in the meantime. And with the next semester coming up in a few weeks, I'll probably be watching less. But if I ever do get my hands on the second volume, I know I'll watch it all in one sitting. Good thing Suncoast and Best Buy are far away from my house.
Old 2006-12-23, 18:58   Link #47
Mentar
Banned

I know, I didn't really expect you to wait (if I were in your shoes, I couldn't either), just a friendly warning: Stopping after ep5 is hard, but stopping after ep10 will be painful.

I still remember the Animesuki discussions boiling over at that point, and they only had to wait for 7 more days...
Old 2007-01-02, 22:06   Link #48
dnnwenger

Angry Funimation screwed up vol. 1 DVD of Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

Okay, I just bought the volume one dvd of Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (Rumbling Hearts) in the USA, and almost immediately notices the story was moving much faster than from when I had watched it in English sub-captions. Here are the problems...

*By episode 3 & 4 Mitsuki already has short hair, *then by episode 5 a scene is shown and her long hair returns ending with her cutting her hair.

*What's worse is that throughout episodes 3 and 4, Mitsuki is at work talking to her boss and has the long blue hair again.

*Next, Haruka apparently wakes up by episode 5, THEN Takayuki is at the hospital and tries to carry her to the children's book convention. When he is stopped by the nurses and doctor, the doctor says "Even if you took her their she wouldn't hear a thing. She's in a koma." *This all occurs after Haruka has awoken from the coma.

*Now I know Haruka is not awake by episode 5 in the original series.

I think Funimation has made some serious mistakes on the editing and rearranging the episodes.

Has anyone else who owns the vol.1 DVD noticed this?
dnnwenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 23:08   Link #49
Codine

so they screwed up really bad? im not so sure on buying this now, i finally got over the voices and now people are saying its screwey..hmm maybe ill just wait until they release more episodes on the website.
Codine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 23:29   Link #50
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Re-arranged episodes?

There's been NO reports of FUNimation tampering with the episode order so I have no idea where you got that absolute BS idea. Besides, ever heard of flashback episodes?
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 23:56   Link #51
Asrialys

What are you talking about?

Quote:
*By episode 3 & 4 Mitsuki already has short hair, *then by episode 5 a scene is shown and her long hair returns ending with her cutting her hair.
Episode 5 is clearly a flashback episode.

Quote:
*What's worse is that throughout episodes 3 and 4, Mitsuki is at work talking to her boss and has the long blue hair again.
No...

Quote:
*Next, Haruka apparently wakes up by episode 5, THEN Takayuki is at the hospital and tries to carry her to the children's book convention. When he is stopped by the nurses and doctor, the doctor says "Even if you took her their she wouldn't hear a thing. She's in a koma." *This all occurs after Haruka has awoken from the coma.
Flashback.

Quote:
*Now I know Haruka is not awake by episode 5 in the original series.
I'm pretty sure she is. She woke up in episode 4.

Last edited by Asrialys; 2007-01-03 at 00:08.
Old 2007-01-03, 00:16   Link #52
dnnwenger

Angry Yes they did...!

I have watched the entire series and Mitsuki does NOT have her long blue hair cut in EPISODE 3!

There's no flash back in the episode 3. That's when Takayuki and Mitsuki are just starting their relationship, and the American DVD made by Funimation clearly shows Mitsuki, at work with her damn hair gone (cut).

That does not happen in the 3rd episode of the entire 14 episode series. It occurs after more stress and emotion has come between her and Takayuki.

Also, the 2 of them, Takayuki and Mitsuki, in the original series did NOT visit the hospital together in episode 3, with the flower, with Mitsuki's hair short, and Akane yelling at them. This has all occurred too soon.

And for God sake, I swear in episode 5 Mitsuki has the long hair. How can she flash back to a scene with short hair and a business job, before she even decided to cut it?
Old 2007-01-03, 00:28   Link #53
Asrialys

She has long hair in episode 5 because it was a flashback.

And episode 3 does take place three years later. What the heck kind of fansubs were you watching?
Old 2007-01-03, 00:37   Link #54
dnnwenger

Unhappy But what about the hair?

Okay, but what about the hair? The hair going from short in episodes 3 and 4 to long in 5 and then cutting it in 5 makes no sense to me? Please explain this to me.

I'll admit I have not watched the series for over a year, but truly do not recall all of this happening so quickly.

I thought that Haruka does not wake up until episode 7 to 9?

And these flashbacks all occuring before the actual event or action even takes place is confusing the heck out of me...
Old 2007-01-03, 00:43   Link #55
Asrialys

Then why complain about something you're confused about? And not waking up till after half the series is over is totally ridiculous. I admit to this being the first time I've watched the series, but it already makes clear sense to me.

And I already said that episode 5 was a FLASHBACK EPISODE. It starts from graduation and shows Mitsuki trying to help Takayuki. She cut her hair at some point and left it short since then.

If it makes you feel any better, watch episode 5 third and just ignore the fact that Haruka is awake.
Old 2007-01-03, 00:47   Link #56
dnnwenger

So Haruka really doesn't wake up until later in the series, and episode 5 is showing that occur as flashback?
Old 2007-01-03, 00:48   Link #57
Asrialys

Haruka wakes up in episode 4. Episode 5 is a flashback episode, showing the events that led to what you see in episode 3.

Really not that confusing.
Old 2007-01-03, 01:47   Link #58
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

As someone who's watched, re-watched, played the game, replayed the game, played the Fan Disc, re...oh you get the point....

There has been no changes to the editing of Rumbling Hearts compared to the TV airing of KimiNozo in Japan. I have to go back again and check over to verify if they are using the DVD source or the TV source for Rumbling Hearts, but that'll have to wait until the next volume to be absolutely sure.

Beyond that, the show makes perfect sense if you understand how foreshadowing works and how they implement it with backstory telling. It becomes a semi-seemless transition in the story when they start explaining the years between Haruka's coma and when she wakes up.
Old 2007-01-03, 14:59   Link #59
Codine

**somewhat a spoiler but not a biggy to impact much**

to put it simple
Episode3: taka and mistu get together after 3 years.
Episode4: haruka finally wakes up.
Episode5: clearly a flashback of two? years ago. by this time mistu DOES have the same job she does currently in the present time.

so there you go, hope that clears somethings up.
Codine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 15:35   Link #60
Mentar
Banned

Funimation hasn't tampered with anything there. That's the normal flow of the anime.

But to help you out, here's the story progression in sequential, normalized form:

Starting point (SP): Haruka confesses, Takayuki eventually takes things seriously (EP1)
... Things progress well. (EP2)
SP+1 month: Haruka has the accident. (EP2)
... Haruka in coma, Takayuki rattled (EP5)
SP+1 year: Takayuki loses it, Mitsuki makes her move. (EP5)
... Lukewarm relationship between Mitsuki and Takayuki (EP3)
... Mitsuki cuts her hair
SP+3 years: Mitsuki wants to move in together with Takayuki (EP3)
... Mitsuki and Takayuki run into Akane (EP3)
... Akane informs Takayuki that Haruka came to (EP4)
... They visit Haruka, Akane tilts on the two (EP4)

Got it?