Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Nice kits i might as well buy 3 of those
The new improved version of the Black Tri-Stars. lol
Old 2011-09-18, 07:25   Link #22082
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Man, The O has never look this good before.

Spoiler for more detail:

Spoiler for comparison:
Old 2011-09-18, 10:40   Link #22083
Appel

alright guys, since the year is almost over and the last couple of MG releases are pretty much confirmed (oo seven sword in september, sandrock in october, nothing in november as it seems and the FA unicorn in december) what do you think will we see next year?

the heavyarms, sandrock kai and heavyarms kai are inevitable. they will probably release a bunch of kits with old molds too, like a delta gundam maybe or some new OO MGs.
im also sure that we will see some grunt suits or unique suits that arent gundams, like the hyaku shiki 2.0 that was mentioned before.
the AGE-1 is also inevitable. the way they push that show, im sure that we might see some releases of that show next year!
and how many months without a kit will we see? this year we had april, june and probably november without a MG. will we see more months like this? bandai did mention that they want to cut down on the MG line.

what else do you think will be released? keep in mind that im not talking about a wishlist, this is just expectations of what bandai might release^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 11:00   Link #22084
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

There’s a slight chance that Bandai will release Gundam AGE & its variation in MG. Also, Continuing Wing TV version, I think they will also consider making MG Altron & D-Hell (TV version of Heavyarms & Sandrock, not so much). Astraea & its kind have good chance to be MGed. 00Q full saber is also a nice bet. One thing for sure, there will be a horde of HGs and 1/100s of AGE & Unicorn. Furthermore, expect some more RGs of other main-character Gundams.

Maybe...just maybe, Bandai will start considering making the MGs of Exia & 00's pals.
Old 2011-09-18, 11:21   Link #22085
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

it does seem like bandai just gave up on the 1/100 NG scale models though, which makes me sad
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 11:57   Link #22086
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
it does seem like bandai just gave up on the 1/100 NG scale models though, which makes me sad
yeah i agree, those really are pretty nice! especially the latest ones.
and their quality isnt bad, too. i mean, they are pretty much on the same level as the old MGs that didnt have a frame yet^^ look at jabman025s latest review of the FAZZ for example. the shoulders are just a small peg in a polycap! even newer HG models are better than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
There’s a slight chance that Bandai will release Gundam AGE & its variation in MG. Also, Continuing Wing TV version, I think they will also consider making MG Altron & D-Hell (TV version of Heavyarms & Sandrock, not so much). Astraea & its kind have good chance to be MGed. 00Q full saber is also a nice bet. One thing for sure, there will be a horde of HGs and 1/100s of AGE & Unicorn. Furthermore, expect some more RGs of other main-character Gundams.

Maybe...just maybe, Bandai will start considering making the MGs of Exia & 00's pals.
they WILL make MG versions of it. maybe like the strike, one of the AGE normal and a double pack with the armor for the sparrow and the tidus? id definitely go for the normal version though.
and oh yes, i forgot about the altron! :O they will definitely release that one next year, too!
and since they made the OO seven sword this year, maybe they do make a full saber OOQ. but im really not sure about that, especially since they dont seem to make a whole lot of OO movie kits. but everything else from the OO line has a good chance to be released.
oh and yeah, im sure we will be flooded with HG AGE kits! :O

Last edited by Appel; 2011-09-18 at 12:10.
Old 2011-09-18, 12:54   Link #22087
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
yeah i agree, those really are pretty nice! especially the latest ones.
and their quality isnt bad, too. i mean, they are pretty much on the same level as the old MGs that didnt have a frame yet^^ look at jabman025s latest review of the FAZZ for example. the shoulders are just a small peg in a polycap! even newer HG models are better than that

they WILL make MG versions of it. maybe like the strike, one of the AGE normal and a double pack with the armor for the sparrow and the tidus? id definitely go for the normal version though.
and oh yes, i forgot about the altron! :O they will definitely release that one next year, too!
and since they made the OO seven sword this year, maybe they do make a full saber OOQ. but im really not sure about that, especially since they dont seem to make a whole lot of OO movie kits. but everything else from the OO line has a good chance to be released.
oh and yeah, im sure we will be flooded with HG AGE kits! :O
I'm actually doubting they'll release an Altron MG, since it's main gimmick, the double dragon fangs, can't be properly recreated in a kit. The old 1/100 altron/shenlong looked pretty lame with what were just 5-segmented arms. I'm curious what'll be done to the nataku....

and kinda off-topic: I watched a dutch show about cooking today, in which the contenders visit eachother's house. One of them had a big picture/painting of the RX-78-2's head in black and white. Looked awesome...

Last edited by Butagami; 2011-09-18 at 13:41.
Butagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 13:03   Link #22088
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
I'm actuall doubting they'll release an Altron MG, since it's main gimmick the double dragon fangs, can't be properly recreated in a kit. The old 1/100 altron/shenlong looked pretty lame with what were just 5-segmented arms. I'm curious what'll be done to the nataku....

and kinda off-topic: I watched a dutch show about cooking today, in which the contender visit eachother's house. One of them had a big picture/painting of the RX-78-2's head in black and white. Looked awesome...
the OVA version of the altron didnt have extendable arms. it actually had regular arms and the segments of the dragon fangs were mounted to the back of the lower arm. that would be relatively easy to build in a MG kit!

and that he had a drawing of the RX-78's head is pretty cool indeed^^
Old 2011-09-18, 13:11   Link #22089
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
I'm actuall doubting they'll release an Altron MG, since it's main gimmick the double dragon fangs, can't be properly recreated in a kit. The old 1/100 altron/shenlong looked pretty lame with what were just 5-segmented arms. I'm curious what'll be done to the nataku....

and kinda off-topic: I watched a dutch show about cooking today, in which the contender visit eachother's house. One of them had a big picture/painting of the RX-78-2's head in black and white. Looked awesome...
Actually, the 1/100 Shenlong & Altron are already pretty close to the original design (I have the kit, BTW). It's just the action in the TV that made the Dragon Fangs look much more longer than it actually is. You can't blame the kit for lack of that exaggeration.

Yup, that's my Altron.

Yeah I also saw some Gundam merchandises in TV shows here and there in my country.

Ok, to more serious stuff: Bandai gave up on making 1/100? Is that true ? Where can I find this news?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2011-09-18 at 15:16.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 13:31   Link #22090
Appel

Quote:
Ok, to more serious stuff: Bandai gave up on making 1/100? Is that true ? Where can I find this news?
they didnt say anything about that, they just didnt release any new ones in quite a while.

although im really not sure about whether this would make sense for bandai or not to drop the 1/100 NG line.

edit: it now also been pretty much a year since i have built my MG strike freedom full burst mode, my first ever gunpla kit!^^ i sure have come a long way since then, i even picked up airbrushing! i never thought of myself an artistic person but this hobby sure did bring a nice fresh wind into my life.

Last edited by Appel; 2011-09-18 at 14:37.
Old 2011-09-18, 15:14   Link #22091
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

@Apple: What?! MG Strike Freedom FBM is your first? Wow, did you built it successfully the first time around? As for me, my first gunpla is 1/100 Blitz back when it was released. I chose it coz it's uniqe, simple and easy to build.

I do hope that Bandai didn't drop the 1/100 kits. I mean, if a Gundam can't make it into MG (like some Gundams from Astray series), the 1/100 is the next best thing we can got (for those who prefer 1/100 size). I too fond of HGs but some 1/100s are still better than HGs in detail department. Yes, for more details, there are RGs. Still, so far, RGs are made for the Gundams that already famous (aka. main characters). I want some rare Gundams too.
Old 2011-09-18, 15:42   Link #22092
Appel

Quote:
@Apple: What?! MG Strike Freedom FBM is your first? Wow, did you built it successfully the first time around? As for me, my first gunpla is 1/100 Blitz back when it was released. I chose it coz it's uniqe, simple and easy to build.

I do hope that Bandai didn't drop the 1/100 kits. I mean, if a Gundam can't make it into MG (like some Gundams from Astray series), the 1/100 is the next best thing we can got (for those who prefer 1/100 size). I too fond of HGs but some 1/100s are still better than HGs in detail department. Yes, for more details, there are RGs. Still, so far, RGs are made for the Gundams that already famous (aka. main characters). I want some rare Gundams too.

id say so^^
although to be fair, i did add panellines and some paint during the course of this year. but the initial build was very successful, i only broke one peg but that wasnt even a big deal. one of the 4 pegs that connect the piece broke off so you cant see anything :P

and i agree on the 1/100 line. it has always been a great alternative to an HG kit or if no MG is available.
Old 2011-09-18, 16:09   Link #22093
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
id say so^^
That's cool. So far, the only Gunpla that I broke is MG God (my first MG, btw). I broke its right arm badly. Thank god I can put it together again with glue in some frames. The arm is still functioning till now.

Don't you want to put markings on your Strike Freedom? I believe it'll make it look cooler. I know coz I did it.
Old 2011-09-18, 16:22   Link #22094
Appel

Quote:
That's cool. So far, the only Gunpla that I broke is MG God (my first MG, btw). I broke its right arm badly. Thank god I can put it together again with glue in some frames. The arm is still functioning till now.

Don't you want to put markings on your Strike Freedom? I believe it'll make it look cooler. I know coz I did it.
i pot on a few on the wings but they are behind the shoulders^^
on some suits i put markings and decals and on others i dont. the strike freedom and the OO MGs i prefer without a lot of decals, i prefer the clean look of the machine itself :P
Old 2011-09-18, 20:06   Link #22095
maknaedik

I do not have source or whatsoever, but I read somewhere, which I forgot where as to why the reason I don't have a source, that MG FA Unicorn will be based from ver KA and not OVA. It means its articulation will suck. Anyway, it's an FA and I really don't expect much articulation from it anyway.

@Appel It's impressive that you're able to build an MG, moreover FBM Strike Freedom, without problems. GOOD WORK!

Regarding Altron, I also doubt that they will do it soon, but maybe in 5 years? )
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 20:25   Link #22096
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
I do not have source or whatsoever, but I read somewhere, which I forgot where as to why the reason I don't have a source, that MG FA Unicorn will be based from ver KA and not OVA. It means its articulation will suck. Anyway, it's an FA and I really don't expect much articulation from it anyway.

@Appel It's impressive that you're able to build an MG, moreover FBM Strike Freedom, without problems. GOOD WORK!

Regarding Altron, I also doubt that they will do it soon, but maybe in 5 years? )
the FA unicorn will be a brick on an action base. you put it in one pose and thats it, it doesnt need articulation^^

and building a MG isnt a big deal in my opinion. the only difference to a HG or 1/100 NG kit is the amount of parts :P you snap a couple of pieces together, its just not a big deal XD you just have to follow the instructions, thats it.

about the altron, i am very sure that we will see it next year. it will be very easy for bandai to make! its essentially just a color swap again and they need to include two dragon fangs and the beam trident.
Old 2011-09-18, 22:20   Link #22097
maknaedik

Really? I think Nataku will get released next year and not Altron. Though we might be talking about the same thing since Nataku is known as Altron (on some countries if I'm not mistaken).

The problem is some people don't read instructions and uses imagination instead. Though I'm the one who reads instructions when building gunpla, I still had mistakes.
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 04:28   Link #22098
pumpkins

Spoiler for AGE-2 & -3:

looks really good! AGE-2 looks alot like 00 raiser while AGE-3 looks like FAZZ! plus there's 2 other variants of each too. :O
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 04:40   Link #22099
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Does that mean AGE-1 is the lamest of them all?
Old 2011-09-19, 05:17   Link #22100
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
Spoiler for AGE-2 & -3:

looks really good! AGE-2 looks alot like 00 raiser while AGE-3 looks like FAZZ! plus there's 2 other variants of each too. :O
wow, AGE-2 and AGE-3 looks great sofar, but AGE-1 is still ugly as hell
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy