AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-20, 19:40   Link #1521
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Like I said, it's just a theory. It is a plausible one, though, that could be another underlying reason of why he agreed to go along with it.
Old 2010-12-20, 20:31   Link #1522
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The way I see it, if Accelerator refuses or runs away, they'll just hunt him down for the rest of his life, he's that valuable enough for them to justify spending money and lives on. Beside as a child who's constantly told and proven to be a monster, I don't think Accelerator had alot of options in his head.

There was a documentary that I've watched about Child soldiers. The one of reasons why children can be turned into killers is because of their lack of understanding about Death.

Again, this goes back to- "Get them well they're young".

Judging from the flashback, it seems more appropriate to call them 'children' rather than adolescent.

And since when being a genius = morally stable?
I'm not sure if he was constantly called a monster, from the flashbacks we're shown one incident in the playground were which because of misunderstandings escallated into bringing in the army. Random thugs attack him often, but those are random thugs who jump basically anyone...The researchers play on making him stronger. I don't remeber any of them making any attributions to him personally.

I wonder what would happen if he decided to go after them...like they said when he kicked the gate, "we don't have a limitless budjet". He'd certainly do more damage than Mikoto could. In fact, couldn't Accelerator take on Academy City if he wanted?

Although I guess that would be more troublesome than just goin along with the experiment. Besides its not like the experiment is really hurting him. So its immoral, he gets paid, and gets a chance to become invincible. If he opposes it by pulling out, his life gets more troublesome, and he looses the benefits but gets to clear his conscience.

The only things that suggests his disproval for the experiment are his taunts and possibly the ways he kills them. His expression when meeting with the first clone shows his initial reluctance but he eventually kills her anyway.

Things that suggest he doesn't disapprove of the expt, include his continued participation-his willingness to kill and torture and the lack of any voiced concern or hesitation to his targets and scientists. He exhibited no passive resistance to the experiment but instead active participation in them.

Taking into account the benefits and his actions, it really looks much more likely that he wasn't really that concerned with the moral ramifications of the expt. and wasn't motivated enough to pay the cost of being moral when the experiment benefited him so much. There simply wasn't a good enough reason for him to not continue with what he was doing.

It just seems so much more convincing that he didn't mind the expt., instead of him secretly wanting out and trying to taunt the clones out-that just makes it look like he doesn't care enough to sacrifice his convience for their lives. The whole, "oh he didn't mean to do it" and didn't want to participate just seems so weak in light of his actions. So he was normal, they twisted him up a fair bit, and Touma punches some sense back into him possibly, instead of, hes always normal and unchanging he just made alot of mistakes and was saved him by fists of furious justice.

Oh god i didn't realize i typed so much 0_0

Children can understand death if it is explained correctly. However children and adolescents are easy to manipulate but not due to a deficiency in the understanding of death, but a false understanding taught to them for the purpose of manipulating them.

He looks older in the flashback with 00001 but i guess it's open to interpretation.

Being a genius doesn't imply higher morality, but intelligence does correlate with ease of persuasion. Several studies found that as level of education increased, ease of persuasion and suggestability decreased. I was just saying Acc might not have been as easy to manipulate and convince as other kids. So either the they were really convincing or he didn't care too much begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i think is just like nunotaba shinobu, they were going along with the plan because they were thinking about the clones as emotionless human-like tools, but change their minds when found the contrary, and you can clearly see he gets pissed when 10032 didnt responded to his threats before the figth, also is pretty obvious he is unwilling to attack mikoto, and probably he attacked touma thinking "this is other of those bastards, that always try to botter me" but got really pissed after a punch or two.
I think in the index manga Acc says he didn't start letting ppl who attack him live until a certain someone kicked his ass. He was about to attack Mikoto until his progress was threatened right? And he was ready to kill Touma on sight just for discovering the expt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
This is just a theory, but he probably knew full well that the experiment would still continue as long as the General Superintendent of Academy City willed it. Look at Mikoto's attempts - she trashed every single research facility and did everything she could to try to stop it, and it did nothing.

Even if he pulled out of the experiment, what's to say that the rest of the Level 5's wouldn't be willing to take his place? And we all know that every esper ranked lower than him needs to kill more than 20000 clones to achieve Level 6, so what is he supposed to do?
Its possible, but he's so much stronger than Mikoto and is vital to, not necessarily the plan but vital to the expt. I mean it centers around him. And I think in the LN they mentioned that he was the only Lvl 5 with a chance to get to lvl 6 or smthn. His position as the strongest definately gives him a few more options I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
no, practically. In the tree diagram test. Only Accelerator can achieve such level. And with Accelerators past. He also wants to become a level 6 so no one would bother him again. So when those mad scientist drag him further into darkness with a reason that you can become level 6 by killing 20000 clones. He gets his goal and the scientist gets their own goal. His just being blinded by his goal plus with the persuasiveness of the scientist which conducts the test.
Hahahaha, >_< i should've read your post first before i wrote all of that... i need to be more concise
Old 2010-12-20, 20:40   Link #1523
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Actually, Kakine (#2) was a spare backup in case Accel failed to meet expectations. The Level 5's are ranked on how close they are to reaching SYSTEM (Level 6), but I think only Accel and Kakine have the capability to do so.

I'm not saying Accel should be viewed as an entirely sympathetic character. I'm just offering some speculation as to why he did what he did.
Old 2010-12-20, 23:05   Link #1524
Miraluka
Banned

If Accel would failed Kakine will take his place and that means more Sister mean to be used more than just 20000.... Who knows? Maybe 50000.
Old 2010-12-20, 23:52   Link #1525
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Actually, Kakine (#2) was a spare backup in case Accel failed to meet expectations. The Level 5's are ranked on how close they are to reaching SYSTEM (Level 6), but I think only Accel and Kakine have the capability to do so.

I'm not saying Accel should be viewed as an entirely sympathetic character. I'm just offering some speculation as to why he did what he did.
Oh right he was! But yea thats what I`m trying to do too. Its great that the manga`s finally getting here.
Old 2010-12-29, 12:06   Link #1526
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*finishes reading volume 5*

Heh~ So this is what those 4 girls that randomly appeared in Railgun before were... Busy looking at Flender's legs and pantsu...
The 4-coma... Uiharu's existence......
Anyways, RIP Nanutaba-san... Not exactly dead yet though. Pity, you reminded me of L... Appearance only, of course.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-12-29, 13:25   Link #1527
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If Accel would failed Kakine will take his place and that means more Sister mean to be used more than just 20000.... Who knows? Maybe 50000.
But is this Sister sacrifice technique writ in stone? There might be more than one way to skin a cat, like how Telestina's grandpa was trying to level six her, and we still don't really know just how close he got -- or endowed Telestina yet unseen/unbloomed powers as a future saga tease. My money says she's got something, just we and she don't know what yet.

Just MHO. I have a LOT of backreading to do to reach your chapter levels (since I'm really into any relationships "Final Order" and Accell have)...
Old 2010-12-29, 14:19   Link #1528
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Like I said, it's just a theory. It is a plausible one, though, that could be another underlying reason of why he agreed to go along with it.
Last Order already pegged why he chose to go along with the Experiment. He wanted to get stronger so that no one would pick a fight with him again. Of course, it's obvious from the flashback that he didn't know he would have to kill the Sisters.
Old 2010-12-29, 14:26   Link #1529
zaeraal

By the way chapter 38 of railgun should be already out, right? Because i have been looking for it for 2 days straight, but nothing so far.

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-03-18 at 03:49.
Old 2010-12-29, 17:44   Link #1530
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
By the way chapter 38 of railgun should be already out, right? Because i have been looking for it for 2 days straight, but nothing so far.
maybe its Christmas break
Old 2011-01-02, 08:12   Link #1531
LockeManuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
It'll be out on January 27th.

P.S. Read the note on the last page of the chapter next time
Old 2011-01-02, 08:39   Link #1532
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
But is this Sister sacrifice technique writ in stone? There might be more than one way to skin a cat, like how Telestina's grandpa was trying to level six her, and we still don't really know just how close he got -- or endowed Telestina yet unseen/unbloomed powers as a future saga tease. My money says she's got something, just we and she don't know what yet.

Just MHO. I have a LOT of backreading to do to reach your chapter levels (since I'm really into any relationships "Final Order" and Accell have)...
The whole Radio Noise served mainly to establish the Misaka Network and to put Accelerator on his current path....

It certainly is interesting to ponder what if it had been Kakine instead of Accel....guy's an even bigger bastard than Accelerator.

Telestina's project plays a significant role later in certain characters' stories.
Old 2011-01-02, 08:43   Link #1533
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It certainly is interesting to ponder what if it had been Kakine instead of Accel....guy's an even bigger bastard than Accelerator.
Don't forget, Accelerator was initially thought to be an evil bastard as well.
Old 2011-01-02, 08:45   Link #1534
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Ah but Kakine had no limits to his excesses. Even Accelerator was repulsed at the massacre idea.
Old 2011-01-02, 09:40   Link #1535
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

its hard to think now that kakin would really be a spare, after all if the case were to lvl up accelerator wouldnt it be more effective, to clone accelerator itself or even kakine?, that would mean stronger main subjects and less clones, and a fatser development, it can be argued that its because with radio noise every time they will show a little more resistance against accelerator, but after halfway they were still just beign toyed.

From the later events in the novel it seems everything so far has been just as planned, but we still need to know what mikoto has een doing while touma was overseas.
Old 2011-01-02, 09:56   Link #1536
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
its hard to think now that kakin would really be a spare, after all if the case were to lvl up accelerator wouldnt it be more effective, to clone accelerator itself or even kakine?, that would mean stronger main subjects and less clones, and a fatser development, it can be argued that its because with radio noise every time they will show a little more resistance against accelerator, but after halfway they were still just beign toyed.
Putting aside the real reason why they wanted the Misaka Network, it was mentioned somewhere (I think it was vol 15, but I can't be sure) that both Accelerator and Kakine can't be cloned, or rather it's their unique powers that can't be replicated.
Old 2011-01-02, 10:10   Link #1537
tsunade666

The thing that can't be replicate or clone is the ability. There are researchers that tried it but fail. The result is Saia's nitrogen armor. Copy from Accelerator's redirection.

The ability is divine in origin. It's only one in the world or rather their can only be one existence in the world.
Old 2011-01-03, 10:46   Link #1538
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Accelerator was an evil bastard. He obviously changed, but it doesn't change the fact that he was pretty bad before.
Old 2011-01-25, 21:57   Link #1539
Mic

Spoiler for Chapter 38:

next chapter Sister arc........again
Old 2011-01-25, 22:02   Link #1540
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 38:

next chapter Sister arc........again
Should be the conclusion chapter, but more important is which direction Railgun would go after this...
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen