AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-03-06, 03:12   Link #1121
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

For me watching new = Urge to watch because of the long gap, but I kinda went batty and lost interest trying to re-watch movie 5...
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 07:38   Link #1122
Nosauz

I mean I totally love the series, I guess its just my subconcious saying, don't torture yourself, the next movie isn't coming out for a while, go drown your sorrow with Clannad or Toradora kind of thing. The little intro bits do give me the urge to watch FS/N just to get my dose of rin or better yet power on the game and go play ubw for the umpteenth time
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 09:07   Link #1123
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

That cafe parting-of-the-ways dream at the end was just really incredibly sad. If I had a mug of beer, I'd be crying into it!

The next one appears to be a bit lighter maybe. ehee! *wink*
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 12:46   Link #1124
Nosauz

who is the composer for type moom, i mean fs/n ost was great but I wanna pick up kara no kyokai ost, some really great stuff.
Old 2009-03-06, 12:55   Link #1125
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
who is the composer for type moom, i mean fs/n ost was great but I wanna pick up kara no kyokai ost, some really great stuff.
NUMBER201 is the code name for the team of Kate & James Harris --- they work on the scores for Fate/stay night, Fate/hollow ataraxia and Tsukihime.

Yuki Kajiura is the composer for the Kara no Kyoukai movies.
Old 2009-03-06, 12:58   Link #1126
Nosauz

bewm thanks, sound track was awesome, I mean I collect osts and what not but this one like Samurai Champloo blew me away. again thx for the info
Old 2009-03-06, 17:25   Link #1127
FJ-Kowz

@Nosauz

So you buy OSTs?

It's gonna be a bit hard since the KnK OSTs come with the special edition of the movies.
FJ-Kowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 18:40   Link #1128
Nosauz

well import can't be that bad? I hope? I mean most likely I'll have to cancel my wow subscription and scrounge up some cash but overall I'm excited, unless when you say se of the movie are you talking about limited prints?
Old 2009-03-06, 19:17   Link #1129
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
well import can't be that bad? I hope? I mean most likely I'll have to cancel my wow subscription and scrounge up some cash but overall I'm excited, unless when you say se of the movie are you talking about limited prints?
Yes, the DVD's that come with the soundtracks are limited edition.
Old 2009-03-07, 04:26   Link #1130
Doppel

Quote:
I've been a Yuki-Kajiura-addict since .Hack//Sign, I can't get enough of her music haha... The group she formed that performs all of the Kara no Kyoukai music is called Kalafina. I was completely ecstatic when I realized they got her to compose for Kara no Kyoukai, because Kinoko Nasu + Yuki Kajiura is just... AHH, makes my crazy psychotic fanboy doppelganger come out.
Doppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 06:24   Link #1131
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppel View Post
The group she formed that performs all of the Kara no Kyoukai music is called Kalafina.
You need to say this in a way that wouldn't confuse people.

Kajiura composed the score for the Kara no Kyoukai movies, and Kalafina sung the theme songs for each movie.
Old 2009-03-09, 22:18   Link #1132
ShinMasaki
バルサミコス

Sucks though that the official CDs for Kara no Kyoukai are only released with the special editions of the movies and not separately. I love the music to the movies.

Quick question. Does anyone know the name of the city/town that KnK takes place in?
ShinMasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 23:15   Link #1133
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Is there a reason why the movies aren't in chronological order? It's strange learning why Shiki had an artificial arm in the first movie... in the third movie. As far as my limited pea-brain can tell, the order is 2- 4- 3- 1- 5, and I don't know where 6 and 7 will fit into all this...
Old 2009-03-09, 23:36   Link #1134
FJ-Kowz

6 and 7 take place after the 5th movie.

So it's 2-4-3-1-5-6-7.
FJ-Kowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 06:44   Link #1135
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ-Kowz View Post
6 and 7 take place after the 5th movie.

So it's 2-4-3-1-5-6-7.
Oh, they finally stop to hop around in the timeline....
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 16:16   Link #1136
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
Is there a reason why the movies aren't in chronological order? It's strange learning why Shiki had an artificial arm in the first movie... in the third movie. As far as my limited pea-brain can tell, the order is 2- 4- 3- 1- 5, and I don't know where 6 and 7 will fit into all this...
It was just Nasu's style choice for writing KnK in my opinion, I guess you can say its a tactic to draw readers into the story, I mean you got this girl with an artificial arm cutting up spirits, to me that kinda makes me wanna read into why she's like that. On the other hand you have him dumping the whole back story first and then your like ok? Now whats my drive to keep reading I already know whats going on. Plus I think introducing the whole spirits and Magus pieces really gets you into what the setting of the world of KnK is, instead of starting you off with movie/novel 2 and making the novels/movies just feel like a murder mystery with no spiritual connection what so ever in second novel/movie. That is just a thought, but I really don't see any problem with the presentation of the story I thought it was done beautifully, you just have to be patient enough for the other movies and re-watch some to catch details you might have missed or read the novels.

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 00:02   Link #1137
Snooker
Call me neet.

Shiki s figures and etc.

Snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 09:11   Link #1138
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
It was just Nasu's style choice for writing KnK in my opinion, I guess you can say its a tactic to draw readers into the story, I mean you got this girl with an artificial arm cutting up spirits, to me that kinda makes me wanna read into why she's like that. On the other hand you have him dumping the whole back story first and then your like ok? Now whats my drive to keep reading I already know whats going on. Plus I think introducing the whole spirits and Magus pieces really gets you into what the setting of the world of KnK is, instead of starting you off with movie/novel 2 and making the novels/movies just feel like a murder mystery with no spiritual connection what so ever in second novel/movie. That is just a thought, but I really don't see any problem with the presentation of the story I thought it was done beautifully, you just have to be patient enough for the other movies and re-watch some to catch details you might have missed or read the novels.
Yeah the order was odd to me at first, having watched the episodes again and again to understand them better, i understand why it was done this way and i like it.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 10:26   Link #1139
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
That cafe parting-of-the-ways dream at the end was just really incredibly sad. If I had a mug of beer, I'd be crying into it!

The next one appears to be a bit lighter maybe. ehee! *wink*
Ugh. I finally read a synopsis of the chapter from the book. Kara No Kyoukai doesn't DO light; just lighter and darker shades of black... Still, at least it's lighter than the Deep Love manga series, that makes you want to kill yourself after you read it... or nuke the planet...
Old 2009-03-11, 10:36   Link #1140
Nosauz

Deep Love manga was depressing as hell, jesus, I still can't decide which part was more depressing, the first part or the second. Kara no Kyoukai is on the tame side, especially compared to crap like Heart de Roommate, the damn entire game is billed as a cheerful love love drama, but once you get the true end, it cranks sentimental to the max and smacks you in the face, to this day I still can't stomach watching the true end with out feeling like my heart is about to bust of its ribcage and getting that pit in your stomach feeling.

Tags
action, harem, type moon