AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 49 49.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 25.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 8.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.01%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.03%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-12, 12:36   Link #81
Kyosuke_Nanbu

-Nope, those Black Wings can't be touched let alone redirect.
-The Wings only appear when Accel is extremely pissed so he still wears it.
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 12:45   Link #82
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
So would Kihara's counter even work at that point then? Just out of curiosity.

And now that he's reached a new level without the MIsaka network does he need the choker still?
As u can see, Kihara can't get close. He still needs the network cuz he hasn't awakened yet. Although, he doesn't need the network when he does have that power on.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 12:53   Link #83
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
So would Kihara's counter even work at that point then? Just out of curiosity.

And now that he's reached a new level without the MIsaka network does he need the choker still?
Obviously not. Kihara has never seen Black Wings before nor can he counter it even if given a thousand thousand years.

The Black Wings come out only when he literally loses all self control though. When his only thoughts are kill and nothing else.
Old 2011-03-12, 13:13   Link #84
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
this is so true . I dont think accelerator thinking would've been possible to show since he was retarded. But index having that magical aura around her messed it up cuz it goes against the logic that the AIM field fucks up everyone who uses magic even though she was just praying.
have you forgotten vol 22?

the song

Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-12, 13:23   Link #85
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
have you forgotten vol 22?

the song

Spoiler:
even saying this still makes it a bad adaptation. In V.13 it even says that its just a song.
Old 2011-03-12, 13:24   Link #86
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
even saying this still makes it a bad adaptation. In V.13 it even says that its just a song.
A song with that kind of effect is no ordinary song.
Old 2011-03-12, 13:28   Link #87
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
A song with that kind of effect is no ordinary song.
Quote:
For them to solve the problem. Even if they can't understand the solution along the way, it doesn't matter as long as the right answer is given. In a way, by casting aside pride and being aware even of matters outside the box, they continue with their actions, hoping just for the situation to recover.
(In other words, by restraining the mind of this girl who's in control of the special power that the town is full of, this special power is distorted, creating the [angel]! That's it!!)
"I only have to unravel the [knot] inside this girl's head!!"
For the girl from the science side, that is probably called a [virus].
(But then, what to do to make this idea a concrete measure...)
For Index, she isn't using magic.
Using magic is not important in saving Last Order.
Index will use a [word] to unravel that [knot]. Tampering with human minds surely might have a special reputation, but so is study through reading books. Man uses it from the start for the very reason of opening [windows]. By choosing the word that corresponds to the [knot], just hearing that is enough to [unravel].
Hence, the concrete method is,
"...A song"
Index considers that.
"It can be easily handed down even with simple languages. Even for a man unmoved by an hour of preaching, it only takes a tenth of this time for a song to bring him to tears. Using rhythm and musical interval, a multitude of emotions can go back and forth. And so,"
However, Mikoto, on hearing that, objects with a somewhat confused tone,
["Hey, hey, is that an OK conclusion!? For overriding the human mind, repetitive study is the basic, and what's more, the brain's memory and adaptation may not be very good at that!! On top of that, to interfere with an electrical network, digital input from a [Testament]-class personal equipment is required? Aren't voice and songs primitively analog forms!?"]
Unable to comprehend the meaning of the scientific terms Mikoto is spitting out, even Index has no positive proof. She knows of mind intervention attacks, like [Spell Intercept (Compulsion Aria)] and [Sheol Fear (Voice of Magical Destruction)], but this kind of method is the first time for her.
"We can do this..."
Even so, Index answers with that line.
"Our prayers will go through. Men can be saved with those. For I, as a nun, will spread those teachings!"
Unhesitating, she just looks on ahead.
"With our prayers we will save everyone. This child, Hyouka, and Academy City!!"
or are u saying that she made her own magical song?
Old 2011-03-12, 14:08   Link #88
tsunade666

the song is a song but the way you use the song and the way it's conveyed can be magical.

if you consider that song which free Hyokya from the bindings of the virus and also free last order from the comatose a normal song then you can also say that

Spoiler:

that is no ordinary song just like hell fear is no ordinary song/chant

remember index on her current state can't use magic but that doesn't state that she can't use magic or just toy with the mana flow.
Old 2011-03-12, 14:24   Link #89
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
the song is a song but the way you use the song and the way it's conveyed can be magical.

if you consider that song which free Hyokya from the bindings of the virus and also free last order from the comatose a normal song then you can also say that

Spoiler:

that is no ordinary song just like hell fear is no ordinary song/chant

remember index on her current state can't use magic but that doesn't state that she can't use magic or just toy with the mana flow.
either or if we consider a anime watcher only point of view they wouldn't know that. I see alot of us explaining some stuff to people. Even on randomc.net.

I love this series but since exposition got cut down many things are missing explanation or a clear one if anything. Like how even vento knows that her reason to hate science isn't actually good at all but uses it for hate. Or how index was singing right infront of kihara. Lets say he doesn't know what she is doing. It doesn't change the fact that it really stupid to see her standing there when in the books she takes last order to a corner. This is really the only episode i have complained about for the adaptation. It might be because JC crammed in the SS volume. Which btw i am predicting will end this season on the V.14 prologue( which is the best place to end from here on.) no doubt it'll be fun to see group though.
Old 2011-03-12, 14:34   Link #90
Dahak86
Classics never age

haha, So... who do you think has the best Ahegao, guys? Vento or Kazakiri ?

well, Vento's doing it on purpose... I hope, at least.

ah, Touma quality preachings... how I missed them... -(not)-
at least, he's back at punching girls in the face, I'm starting to think that's the only Touma I can stand.

and yeah, Vento's past/reason was pretty lame.
I really hope Acqua has a much better reason to be in God's right seat...

anyways, zombie-accelerator and Kihara becoming a 'star' made my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
The Index talking on the phone while Accelerator was being kicked around was definitely one of the most lulz-scenes I've ever seen.
indeed.
Kihara not givin' a damn about Index, and Index not givin' a damn about Kihara... priceless!
Old 2011-03-12, 14:40   Link #91
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
haha, So... who do you think has the best Ahegao, guys? Vento or Kazakiri ?

well, Vento's doing it on purpose... I hope, at least.

ah, Touma quality preachings... how I missed them... -(not)-
at least, he's back at punching girls in the face, I'm starting to think that's the only Touma I can stand.

anyways, zombie-accelerator and Kihara becoming a 'star' made my day.

indeed.
Kihara not givin' a damn about Index, and Index not givin' a damn about Kihara... priceless!
I think aqcua did.
Spoiler for GRS:
Old 2011-03-12, 14:42   Link #92
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Whoa -- so lame! The Touma scenes, that is. Vento's backstory was hilariously bad, and Touma's speech was his worst one yet. I facepalmed throughout the entire thing. I'LL SAVE YOU BY PUNCHING YOU REALLY HARD IN THE FACE!!
Seriously, they need to cut it out with the preaching and the mandatory "I'll destroy those illusions" sentence , which stopped making sense a long time ago. Find him a new catchphrase, please. Oh, and he'd be nice if he actually learned how to fight, in order to make the fights a tiny bit more realistic. I'm gonna be fair and not mention guns, but what he faced a martial art expert someday? What if he had faced Kihara? He would have gotten ROLFstomp.

Thankfully, this episode wasn't all bad. Accelelator's scenes were pretty damn good. Even after all these years, I can still dig the cliché "he won't go down no matter how many times you hit him" trope when it's done well. You can't allow yourself to be defeated when you've got a cute loli to protect.

The incredible animation also helped save this episode.
Old 2011-03-12, 14:52   Link #93
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Even Acqua said Vento's motives are lame .

Quote:
Serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Whoa -- so lame! The Touma scenes, that is. Vento's backstory was hilariously bad, and Touma's speech was his worst one yet. I facepalmed throughout the entire thing. I'LL SAVE YOU BY PUNCHING YOU REALLY HARD IN THE FACE!!
Err... no, because Ventos's reasons to hate science are lame, Touma has the right to tell her so.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 15:05   Link #94
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Why does this show have me loving crazy fuckin bitches I would hate in other shows?

Also good job Index. I wait through three relevant series for you to really do something meaningful and here I find the extent of your power is to ACT LIKE YOU BELONG IN THE BACKGROUND CHORUS FOR GLEE.

So god damn disappointed.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 15:41   Link #95
Misaka of Misaka
Satorina Fan

I am truly disappointed enough explanation isn't described in this series.

For example we cannot understand what Kazakiri was doing during the fight between Vento and Touma.
We are not also sure why Kihara continued to beat unconscious Accelerator without preventing Index from singing the aria.

Spoiler for original novel:

In my humble opinion, this series is inattentive to those who haven't read the original novel compared to Railugun.
That is why I estimate this episode is "7 out of 10 : Good".
Old 2011-03-12, 16:05   Link #96
Xenertor
The holder of Destruction

Did Accelerator went into zombie mode before he awakened?...
Xenertor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 18:29   Link #97
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenertor View Post
Did Accelerator went into zombie mode before he awakened?...
When the choker died, most of his brain function died with it.

That said he still has general awareness.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 19:54   Link #98
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to hear Vento's past. So is she like going to fall for Touma now? He seemed like he wanted to save her. Well glad she's out of the picture but that Acqua guy was interesting.

Accelerator moving on his own was awesome, but not as awesome as his wings and dealing with Kihara. So is he an angel? Is that one it means to go past level 5?

Didn't think we'd see index show up. Wonder if her singing/prayers will actually help. Also what was that snow that was starting to fall?
Old 2011-03-12, 20:03   Link #99
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Nice to hear Vento's past. So is she like going to fall for Touma now? He seemed like he wanted to save her. Well glad she's out of the picture but that Acqua guy was interesting.

Accelerator moving on his own was awesome, but not as awesome as his wings and dealing with Kihara. So is he an angel? Is that one it means to go past level 5?

Didn't think we'd see index show up. Wonder if her singing/prayers will actually help. Also what was that snow that was starting to fall?
He's not an angel yet. U gotta wait for a season 3 (if it happens) and hope they don't rush it. It's not level 6 either. Level 6 =god
Old 2011-03-12, 20:06   Link #100
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Also good job Index. I wait through three relevant series for you to really do something meaningful and here I find the extent of your power is to ACT LIKE YOU BELONG IN THE BACKGROUND CHORUS FOR GLEE.

So god damn disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Don you find both kind of weird that just after Accelerator heard Index's song started to mutter something and then grow wings from his back?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote