AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 58 53.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 27.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 9.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.93%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-22, 19:25   Link #61
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcxcxcc View Post
aohige thanx now i get why so many ppl hate him anywyas enough of that can someone tell m ewhat was goin on in this scene???

Spoiler:
bascially its...
zero: "DONT SHOOT!"
suzaku: "i will take orders..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I would like to see a true "evil" last-boss antagonist back in anime and manga sometime.
well the emperor and his son (of a B***h) definatly fits the bill here
Quote:
Those types of villains can make stories interesting too, simply for the fact that they are totally lacking in recent years. Badguys SOOOOO evil to the point that they are attractive.
1 word...pa~pi~llon

well i dont find that suzaku is that much annoying anymore ~ its interesting to see how he can be a thorn in lulu's side time and time again...its either that suzaku has some anti zero vibe around him or lulu is just dumb to be out foxed every single time XD

sure suzaku's "i am right" attitude is annoying but sometimes i wonder what the outcome would be if he and lulu banded together i still believe that there is hope for suzaku...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 20:07   Link #62
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The look from Cornelia's eye towards the end of the OP has me very interested..

Anyway, i love the direction of the OP video so much. Like its already been mentioned, a lot of new open pathways are here thanks to it. Thunder Jeremiah is probably the best scene i'll ever see. :3
Old 2007-02-22, 20:12   Link #63
Ansa

Most interesting thing through the whole ep was...

Spoiler:
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 20:15   Link #64
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
OK, finished watching :3
This is my speculation and spoiler of the whole episode.

Read at your own risk..

Spoiler:

Those are my long note as usual. There are a lot of new stuffs this episode, so it was kinda long...

I CAN"T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!!

Last edited by quina; 2007-02-22 at 20:28.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 20:27   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

quina: Yet again, your report on a Geass episode is one hell of a read!

Hmm.. i wonder if we'll find out if Schneizel is a 'nice' guy next episode. doesn't look it from the preview - AND I NEED TO SEE MORE VOLTEKKA ACTION!

Last edited by Shiroth; 2007-02-22 at 20:39.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 20:38   Link #66
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

those spoilers sound very interesting I can't wait to watch this now.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 20:41   Link #67
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
*SNIP*
I translated all the the newly appointed officers of the reorganized Order of the Black Knights couple pages back.

As for nuclear power on Lancelot... I seriously doubt it, if they plan to be semi-realistic.
This will be the first development of ANY nuclear technology, if Nina suceeds.
It's hard to believe they would be able to jump to creating compact nuclear devices that fast.
I mean, they would be at the starting point of nuclear technology, same as back in 1930s for us.

Of course, since they have other technologies far advanced, and with help of Lloyd, I can see them being able to develop nuclear warheads pretty quickly.
Old 2007-02-22, 20:44   Link #68
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Like aohige and Omni have said, the new OP is absolutely superb, the timing and pace is excellent and suits the theme perfectly. ^_^

This episode was simply fantastic, and it's especially great to see so many new characters, like Schneizel and the girl at the end. The premise is also quite interesting; it'll be great to see how the rivalry between Schneizel and Lelouch now develops.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 20:56   Link #69
Thujalvi
Malefactor

Seems like I'm the only one who thinks that the new OP doesn't time with the music quite as well as the previous one, but otherwise I tought it was better. I don't know the language well enought to give a score, but seemed like a full ten-point episode.
Thujalvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 21:01   Link #70
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Suzaku is that typical anime character that Japanese just love for some odd reason. Notice how almost every popular Gundam in Japan had the same type of character profile. That is why he is in there.
Old 2007-02-22, 21:02   Link #71
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thujalvi View Post
Seems like I'm the only one who thinks that the new OP doesn't time with the music quite as well as the previous one
You havn't read my post it seems.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 21:12   Link #72
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
Suzaku is that typical anime character that Japanese just love for some odd reason. Notice how almost every popular Gundam in Japan had the same type of character profile. That is why he is in there.
Japanese just love?

I guess that's why like 90% of Japanese anime blogs I read are very negative towards Suzaku.
He's not a very popular man in forums either.

I can tell you this for a fact: He's not thrown in to be "attractive" to Japanese audiences.
He's a plot device by Taniguchi as an antithesis to the protagonist.
Old 2007-02-22, 22:51   Link #73
etothex

Do we know if Zero's gun was loaded, when he had it pointed at Suzaku? Considering Lulu's utter failure at physical things, i'd hope he had anticipated Suzaku jacking the gun, remembering his ninja skills dodging Mao's point blank shots.

Kinda feel sorry for Lloyd. He might actually have to care a bit more about his pilot, who is no longer as dispensable.

Why wouldn't the show be interesting without Suzaku? We have plenty to keep us busy. New mechs, new countries, the "final bosses" Schniezel and Daddy (do we have a name?), the mystery of CC and the spirit-worlders, CYBER-ORANGE-kun, fanservice, and relationship developments.

In fact if Suzaku hadn't appeared at Ashford Academy, we could have had CC show up as the mysterious transfer student. The hijinks that followed from that would have been priceless. (Imagine Shirley's face (pre-geass) the first time CC latched onto Lelouch's arm)

From 2chan, view only if you like awesomeness
Spoiler:
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 22:54   Link #74
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etothex View Post
From 2chan, view only if you like awesomeness
Spoiler:
Funny enough - i asked for a animated Sig/Avatar of that in the thread. Though you've made my day posting it!
Old 2007-02-22, 23:00   Link #75
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by etothex View Post
Daddy (do we have a name?)
Wasn't his named mentioned during Clovis's funeral?

If I wasn't hearing things, his name should Louis/Louise/Reis/something like that?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 23:02   Link #76
Nvis
Where are the good animes

With Schneizel guy coming in, I wonder if all this was set up as a test for Lelouch.

Maybe the Emperor knows Lelouch is alive and sends all his sons & daughters to battle it out for supremacy and the throne?

But damn, Orange/Jeremiah doesn't look human anymore....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 23:05   Link #77
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
This show seem to get better with each episode. I really like episode 17 only to get blown away by this week episode.

It funny we start to talk about Orange-kun in episode 17 thread only to get major teaser of his return on episode 18. I can't wait to see just how much he hate Zero and does he has some extra power?

There are to many thing that happen on this episode I am not sure I got all them.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 23:09   Link #78
aardvark

Wow a great episode, even better than 17! I'm really pleased as I really hated the episodes before these, but the show is now back on track

But the highlight of the episode was not the episode itself, but the new OP. Orange-kun is back! And he's brought Kazuma's altar from Scryed with him
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 00:28   Link #79
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Why wouldn't the show be interesting without Suzaku?
mecha is interesting because there's drama; we watch these shows because the main character's lot in life is not a happy one. it tears us up to see Lelouch get beaten, or lose his composure, or when something goes wrong. and that's what antagonists are meant to do: they create conflict and drama.

And Suzaku does a great job at this: people hate Suzaku. and not only do they hate him, they hate him extremely. and I'm assuming you too are one of the people who hate Suzaku and want him dead. and so because we despise him so much, it's so much harder to deal with when he screws up Lu's plans.

take this episode for example, where Suzaku was so god damn weak willed and psychologically damaged that when it got to the point where the Britannian commander was basically telling Suzaku to die and Zero was telling him to live, Suzaku choose to die. the drama was massive! and continues to be so since Noodle doesn't die. so really, no one else does the job (from a writing standpoint) as well as Suzaku.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 00:43   Link #80
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
thanx for the summary quina
wow!!! orange-kun will be back

hahaha many people don't agree suzaku being a euphie bodyguard "me too!!!"

btw i heard this rumour
Spoiler:

i think lancelot more like strike gundam

Last edited by kira-sama; 2007-02-23 at 01:28.
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote