AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-25, 05:07   Link #2221
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
I found that both hilarious and cute. Mihoko SHOULD get her heart stolen by Hisa because Hisa is darn tooting awesome.
poor ikeda,tough a match with hisa for her beloved sempai would be funny
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 05:17   Link #2222
paraalso

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I feel somewhat sad that Touka probably wouldn't make it to the finals.
Touka didn't even qualify for the final round, though Hajime still has a good chance of winning. I'd guess Saki is going to pull some +-0 magic in the final round without trying to win, since she doesn't want to rob other people's chances to fulfill their dreams too. There was some foreshadowing of Yuki being weak against the south wind expert, so I doubt she'll get a spot either. I wonder how the 3 finalists will be chosen?

My guess is that 3 of the below 4 will get a finalist spot:
- Yumi, and she will invite Momoko to come support her in the finals. She ended up 3rd on the first day.
- Hajime, so she can take Koromo and Ryumonbuchi to the finals with her. Plus it would create a lot of good opportunities to tease Touka about it, who's quickly turning into the comic relief of their team. She ended up 4th on the first day
- Mihoko for obvious reasons. She'll probably face off with Hisa before the end, and come ahead victorious. She ended up 2nd on the first day.
- Nodoka ended up 5th on the first day. I see her as the only one having a shot at a final spot out of Kiyosumi. She doesn't have the motivation problems like Saki, or a fated rival with dreams to fulfill like Hisa. Hisa's dream was going to the finals as a team, so her plot armour is weaker than Mihoko's

I wouldn't be surprised if the first three get into the finals in the end over Nodoka, though.
paraalso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 05:31   Link #2223
FateAnomaly

I would say the 3 slots will go to

Mihoko. She has the ability and the motivation to do so. With her whole team backing her to go she will have enough "power" to do so.

The south wind girl. Otherwise it will be pretty pointless to show her. And if she didn't go in, it means the 3 slots will all go to the team event finalists.

Hajime. Cos someone from Ryuumonbuchi got to go and she got the best chance right now. Actually i would have thought that Jun will be a better player from her performance in the team event. Maybe she don't have the endurance or something.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 06:00   Link #2224
paraalso

I feel like the South Wind girl is being set up as a mid-boss for someone to defeat. Perhaps she'll take out Yuki, then Saki goes all hax on her before going back to losing on purpose. That way they could show Saki taking out her hax without actually needing to make Saki a finalist. It could be one of the other girls facing her as well. I wouldn't mind a "everyone's happy" ending with the 3 finalists being part of the team finalists either in this series.
Old 2009-08-25, 06:14   Link #2225
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
I feel like the South Wind girl is being set up as a mid-boss for someone to defeat. Perhaps she'll take out Yuki, then Saki goes all hax on her before going back to losing on purpose. That way they could show Saki taking out her hax without actually needing to make Saki a finalist. It could be one of the other girls facing her as well. I wouldn't mind a "everyone's happy" ending with the 3 finalists being part of the team finalists either in this series.
That's my thoughts as well. She doesn't look memorable enough to last throughout the nationals.

She's obviously a character to counteract Yuuki. Maybe classifying her in the same line as Saki and Koromo may be too much.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 06:26   Link #2226
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Whoa.. so is Touka done? I don't think she was in the list of qualifiers at the end.

Ryomonbuchi was suposed to be strong, but it really sucks to see them turn into laughing stocks like this.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 07:01   Link #2227
paraalso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Whoa.. so is Touka done? I don't think she was in the list of qualifiers at the end.

Ryomonbuchi was suposed to be strong, but it really sucks to see them turn into laughing stocks like this.
Hajime was 4th, Tomoki 6th, and Jun 8th. Touka didn't make it, and Koromo didn't participate. If you compare that to Kiyosumi's 1st, 5th and 7th place, it's not that bad at all, and aside from Touka the three others seemed to do very well. I was surprised to see Tomoki that high considering we know almost nothing of her playstyle. In the team tournament her round went quickly with the super beginner's luck dominance.
Old 2009-08-25, 11:43   Link #2228
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
i think it was mentioned that team captains move on to the next stage automatically.
so hisa touka etc. move on regardless of that table.
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 11:44   Link #2229
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Where was it mentioned? i wouldn't imagine being a team captain would count for much in an individual tournament. o_o
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 12:53   Link #2230
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
i think it was mentioned that team captains move on to the next stage automatically.
so hisa touka etc. move on regardless of that table.
I don't remember that being mentioned at all. Just that players over a certain score (i'm not 100% sure on this because i'm not that good with Mahjong rules) advance.
Old 2009-08-25, 13:12   Link #2231
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

BTW, given that we've seen so many incomplete Kokushi Musous, anyone find it funny that the only successful Kokushi Musou is Kaori's? Off of Touka?

(Hahaha. I guess that beginner's luck did come in handy even if she didn't actually make it to the final round.)
Old 2009-08-25, 14:28   Link #2232
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder why she couldn't catch up? I mean, even if she catastrophically lost to Kaori, it's just one game out of twenty. Maybe the moral hit was too hard for her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 15:04   Link #2233
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder why she couldn't catch up? I mean, even if she catastrophically lost to Kaori, it's just one game out of twenty. Maybe the moral hit was too hard for her.
One game out of twenty, but wasn't it one of her first? Plus she didn't get pepped up until the second half, so she could have went on a disastrous slide and never recovered.

Alternatively, her style is extremely defensive, so maybe she just didn't have enough time to get back?

(Is it really only 30 for the second round?)
Old 2009-08-25, 19:47   Link #2234
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

This episode was fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuull of epicness, but what I liked most was
1) Yuuki going full taco power and being on a winning streak
2) Hajime 4th place
3) Tomoki got the best line EVER in Saki - Also she is my waifu
4) Kaori <33333333 She is my 2nd waifu, s_b get your hands off!
5) Mihoko/Hisa interaction, geass was super cute when calling riichi.
6) Super East girl is totally cute too
7) Hajime was <3 too when she tried to cheer up Touka. I called her my waifu before anyone of you did.

Might as well start a harem <3

Basically the whole episode was 12/10 <3
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 23:34   Link #2235
orangejuicetang

Why do I enjoy watching this show so much!

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 02:59   Link #2236
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
If it doesn't air in Japan, it won't air in CrunchyRoll. There's a precedent with this for the Naruto simulcast, and possibly some other shows.
Confirmed by their recent schedule, which lists no new episode for Sunday August 28th.

No new Saki for an entire week? orz

Though I don't see why Shangri-la or Kanamemo aren't postponed as well. I think Kanamemo is even on the same station as Saki, and hour-long block, airing right before it.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 08:21   Link #2237
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Confirmed by their recent schedule, which lists no new episode for Sunday August 28th.

No new Saki for an entire week? orz

Though I don't see why Shangri-la or Kanamemo aren't postponed as well. I think Kanamemo is even on the same station as Saki, and hour-long block, airing right before it.
Depends on the production company, probably.

In other news: Vacation time!
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 17:38   Link #2238
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

What if its Kanbara (Wahaha) or Momo who end up taking down the South wind girl? Especially in Wahaha's case, we get to see her "play seriously" which could be potentially awesome.
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 17:58   Link #2239
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think she'd have played seriously against Hisa in the team matches. She got owned like everyone else.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 19:25   Link #2240
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think she'd have played seriously against Hisa in the team matches. She got owned like everyone else.
Who are we talking about here?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen