AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Recap Episode Discussion / Poll
Perfect 10 36 44.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 23.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 8.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-27, 13:28   Link #21
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

Well Fuu-chan wanted to have a little sister, and while Tomoya wouldn't allow her to steal Ushio, Nagisa would probably be more than willing to add Fuuko to the family...considering that Fuuko spaces out while being hugged by Nagisa as well as while hugging Ushio. A Big Dango Family for Nagisa.
Old 2009-03-27, 13:33   Link #22
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Its. Finally. Over.
I want to go to a corner and cry like a baby, but then, that would tarnish my feelings for the series, one of my favorite animes I ever watched. It was an amazing ride, and it was truly a joy to had the chance to watch it, as I almost would have not watched if not for a friend who really pushed this series unto me.

The final recap episode was well done, and was exactly what I thought it would be. KyoAni did a great job summarizing all that material in just 20 minutes.
Old 2009-03-27, 13:39   Link #23
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
And is the piano version of Nagisa/Dango Daikazoku/Chiisana Tenohira in any of the albums?
If it's the one starting at around 09:50 mark, it's

Haha Kara Ko e Uketsugareru Chiisana Uta

A Mabinogi arrangement of Nagisa,

(Lit.translated as a Small song passed on from mother to child)

Old 2009-03-27, 14:46   Link #24
laksmkk

Nice recap episode. IT wasn't that bad I had expected to be.
This is surely the most anime title that enjoyed so far. Man, I wish I could watch more anime titles in the future where 2 main characters get married in the middle of the series. (besides of Dragonball)
Old 2009-03-27, 15:13   Link #25
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Recap episode reminded me why the first season was the best.
Old 2009-03-27, 16:12   Link #26
Deathscyther

Wow, I started watching this episode, expecting nothing good at all. I'm glad KyoAni decided to surprise me.

I'm glad they showed how Tomoya remembered everything that happened after Nagisa died. They kind of left that open in the game.

The recap episode made me miss season 1 again. Season 2 was really good and emotional, but season 1 made me love this show in the first place. The interaction between the characters, the humor, the sadness, the fighting over Tomoya.

Ah, sad to know that it's really over now.

8/10
Old 2009-03-27, 16:56   Link #27
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

A better episode than what I expected from a recap episode. It rekindled a bit of nostalgia for the first season and helped to connect the dots together.
Old 2009-03-27, 17:41   Link #28
cbatty
Such is liff

Nicely done.

I haven't re watched ep 16 in AS since it was released - yet seeing the moment of Nagisa's passing again still brought tears.

I will miss this show. Not many stories have had this emotional impact on me. This episode tied it all together nicely.

I guess now that the series is finished, I will have more time to dedicate to study - unless something else good comes along Anyone have any suggestions on any good series to follow up Clannad with?
Old 2009-03-27, 19:23   Link #29
Isekaijin

If he can remember the time when Nagisa died when it supossedly never happened, why he can't remember Fuuko from the school?

Nice episode, Clannad in cookies.
Old 2009-03-27, 19:57   Link #30
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv168
*Graphic Designer

Nagisa did die, and only afterwards, Tomoya got sent back to that fateful day.
However, it has absolutely no effect about Fuuko considering the nature of her first appearance.
Old 2009-03-27, 20:58   Link #31
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

This was one of the best recaps that I've seen. It's a whole story of Clannad compressed in one episode. For those who have been following with the series, it's a nice concluding episode so people can let go now.

I personally can let go now.
Old 2009-03-27, 21:15   Link #32
Ardee

Just noticed something that I haven't seen mentioned yet - if you compare the title cards of ep 23/24 with 22, the light orbs weren't just positioned randomly, they are a sort of constellation tracing what they are to become.
Old 2009-03-27, 21:59   Link #33
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardee View Post
Just noticed something that I haven't seen mentioned yet - if you compare the title cards of ep 23/24 with 22, the light orbs weren't just positioned randomly, they are a sort of constellation tracing what they are to become.
I think someone already mentioned it somewhere here.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-03-27, 22:33   Link #34
Texas84
よろしく

Was not the least bit excited about a recap, but this was very well done. Kudos.

Old 2009-03-27, 22:46   Link #35
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

yep, this is the continuation from the last ep alright, this could explain why fuuko is there.
Old 2009-03-27, 23:07   Link #36
typhonsentra

I was conflicted about this episode being just a recap but it served it's purpose in reminding me what I liked about this series in the first place. I know I've been hard on After Story (The whole part about Tomoya "Recalling a dream" really drove the point home for me what I disliked so much about episodes 16-22.) but all the material about the first season brought it all back after having not seen it for so long, it's a good show indeed.
Old 2009-03-27, 23:09   Link #37
Snooker
Call me neet.

Kyou in gym = ''Legendary screenshot''. Well, I am so surprised that
''Clannad ~After Story~'' is #5 in the ranking at http://myanimelist.net/ now.I mean I love this show but it is overrated.
Old 2009-03-27, 23:09   Link #38
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

Actually the recap episode was well made. It's not a clip show, but a smooth story basically.

Nostalgic kind of.
Old 2009-03-27, 23:14   Link #39
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I mean I love this show but it is overrated.
Let's not go there. I beg you. The next time I hear overrated I swear I will just explode on you and cover you in a puddle of blood and guts.
Old 2009-03-27, 23:22   Link #40
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Let's not go there. I beg you. The next time I hear overrated I swear I will just explode on you and cover you in a puddle of blood and guts.
Let's just give him a 1015 combo. Nandenayo......

Actually I was wondering if Tomoya was remembers Kyou due to the time they spent in the gym shed (and Ushio was so close to becoming Tomoya and KYOU's child.......) rather than any other event they had together. Kyou in bloomers and sweatshirt, lying down in a promiscuous position, then sitting up and looking so shy is surely an epic turn on for any guy.

Though it puzzles me why Tomoya never mentioned how Kyou and "that Sakagami girl" fight over for character dominance constantly (Ep 18 and "Because you can't make up your mind!"), with Tomoya as the judge most of the time.

EDIT : It is not the first time the piano version of Nagisa that appeared, it did too in S1 Ep 20, at the end of that episode before the ED.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2009-03-27 at 23:46.
Closed Thread