AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-06-19, 07:48   Link #101
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Well, it seems everyone's scare about Naruto getting 'blown away' was quite literally miles off the mark. If anything, as opposed to Sai and Sakura, Naruto seemed to have done quite well fencing off against team Kumogakure, even grabbing Sai's sword in the process to balance out their kenjutsu. (Leaving Sai quite surprised, might I add.)

Kakashi is showing wisdom, and that's a good sign. I doubt Danzou will relinquish power that easily though, even -if- the jounin vote against him in some kind of emergency meeting.

All in all, I found it to be a very entertaining chapter. Again!
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 08:17   Link #102
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-How interesting. Looks like Sai just described exactly how we should perceive Danzou's character. We may not like him or the things he has done, but he does care about the village (even if he had used underhanded tactics in order to keep it safe). Who knows, he might just be a decent enough Hokage that will achieve enlightenment upon death. And if he doesn't, well the Jonin council can just boot him out of the office. Anyways, this was a very good chapter, even if it only adds about 5-7 minutes to an actual anime episode (but those don't matter anyway).

Good points:
-Sai's conflicting choice. Does he choose duty over friendship? Damn, that Naruto brainwash speech is fierce. Kenichi's Niijima should take pointers .
-Naruto handling Karui and Omoi. Seriously, its almost unreal to see Naruto not take the first hit from his opponents. If Sakura had not gotten "kick-tossed" the fight might have seen the Kumo nins on the ground.
-Naruto being informed that Sasuke and Akatsuki are in cahoots. What you gonna do now Naru-chan?

Bad points (this seems petty, even to me):
-If Sai cannot talk about Danzou how is it that he can say that the latter is/was involved in dirty work? Wouldn't you normally want to avoid any implications of wrongdoings when you seal away someone's tongue?

P.S: For those Naruto x Karui fans, you just got your service today. Page 11 shows their eyes meeting. You can kick it it off from there. Yes, I am taking that panel totally out of context but it is fun .
Old 2009-06-19, 08:48   Link #103
lotus_lee

Awww...no Samui Maybe she and her big jugglies are being saved for a bigger (no pun intended) moment.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 09:02   Link #104
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-How interesting. Looks like Sai just described exactly how we should perceive Danzou's character. We may not like him or the things he has done, but he does care about the village (even if he had used underhanded tactics in order to keep it safe). Who knows, he might just be a decent enough Hokage that will achieve enlightenment upon death. And if he doesn't, well the Jonin council can just boot him out of the office. Anyways, this was a very good chapter, even if it only adds about 5-7 minutes to an actual anime episode (but those don't matter anyway).

Good points:
-Sai's conflicting choice. Does he choose duty over friendship? Damn, that Naruto brainwash speech is fierce. Kenichi's Niijima should take pointers .
-Naruto handling Karui and Omoi. Seriously, its almost unreal to see Naruto not take the first hit from his opponents. If Sakura had not gotten "kick-tossed" the fight might have seen the Kumo nins on the ground.
-Naruto being informed that Sasuke and Akatsuki are in cahoots. What you gonna do now Naru-chan?

-If Sai cannot talk about Danzou how is it that he can say that the latter is/was involved in dirty work? Wouldn't you normally want to avoid any implications of wrongdoings when you seal away someone's tongue?

P.S: For those Naruto x Karui fans, you just got your service today. Page 11 shows their eyes meeting. You can kick it it off from there. Yes, I am taking that panel totally out of context but it is fun .
Yes... i agree with everything you mentioned...including the good and bad things ..
First thing i noticed was the movement of Naruto. Kishi showed the progres Naruto has made. He was alerter then the others and handled them very well.

As mentioned...by himself or Orochimaru talking to the 3rd. It is really harder to fight while protecting someone else (if they interfere). But at the same time i have to admit that this cloud team is most certainly the strongest squad of the Cloud.
They are/seem really impressive and i like them already.

Also the real Naruto didnt get hurt... he saved Sakura which i liked ... but the clone did go poof. To me Naruto (normal) is either on the same level as Kakashi or slightly better. Naruto (Sennin Mode) is on an entirely different level though ... also... what do you guy's thing... is Naruto (normal) better then Jiraiya (normal?) because i am not sure about that..
Old 2009-06-19, 09:04   Link #105
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sakura's fists are deadly weapons, can't have them touching anyone...I wonder if Sai could write a letter about Danzo, since his mouth is sealed
Fun chapter was fun, can't wait to read more.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 09:19   Link #106
Haak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-
Oh lol, you're right. But maybe it was some sort of loophole that allowed Sai to say that. We don't know the exact details of this "shut the fuck up" jutsu.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 09:21   Link #107
skyline^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I wonder if Sai could write a letter about Danzo, since his mouth is sealed
Fun chapter was fun, can't wait to read more.
i think this kind of seal is somehow connected to the person's thoughts. It's not like some1 is listening to every word he says and activates the seal when he badmouths danzo. The seal also cant react to the name itself. So my guess is, when some1 with the seal tries to talk about danzo's actions the seal reacts to the thought of it. Would also explain why he cant write about it...
skyline^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 10:01   Link #108
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Haha once again I am amazed by how Kishi keeps us entertained.

This arc will be pretty entertaining with Team 7 and Cloud going after Sasuke.

Well we all know by the end of course Cloud will end up awed by Naruto and he will somehow change their minds on killing Sasuke...or have them leave it to him.

Thoughts on Killer Bee making an appearance soon?
The only way the Cloud-nin will decide to let Sasuke live is if Killer Bee shows up. They are out on a revenge mission, and no amount of "speeches" will change their minds.

Also, I suspected that the Cloud nin were very powerful before this last chapter. The femail Cloud-nin thought that she destroyed Konoha with a single stone, as if she was capable of doing so but was distraught over her own lack of control. Who knows what else they will be able to do?

- SIDE NOTE -

I've been reading some comments about Naruto surpassing Jiraya and the 4th, and I disagree.

Granted, Naruto's improvement is beyond his years thanks to his KB learning technique(which is truly a bigger hack than sage mode, FRS and kyuubi chakra), but there is no one alive to teach him what it is he is trying to achieve.

In other words, geniuses are geniuses because they not only have the ability to learn fast, but they have the ability to use their imaginations to futher what they have learned and create new, different and often times better applications. I don't see this in Naruto, and KB should NOT be able to bridge that gap either. It may help him cut down on the trial and error stage of learning, but it shouldn't afford him the genius-like creativity, vision and more importantly an understanding of how to manipulate the raw forces that clearly played a role in Yondaime creating the rasengan and flying thunder god technique. Take away the KB learning and he's a clever kid who uses shadow clones and an incomplete rasengan ... although his pilgrimage with Jiraya has made him much more clever.

Unless Kishi is going to close the show really soon, its doesn't make sense to make Naruto and Sasuke into these super saiyan level 4 type characters. Well now that I've written it, I'm thinking that I must be right. The manga must be about to end.

For Naruto to go from chump to champ only after having studied with the frogs for a short time, its gotta be ending because at this rate Naruto will soon be so powerful that the only ones who will be able to match him are the bijuus. There is no place left for him to go and nothing left for him to do except play with Sasuke, who himself seems to be uber hax'd and still growing with the Eternal Sharingan still waiting for him.

I'm looking forward to next issue because we finally get to see Gaara and whether or not his abilities have returned or not!
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 10:03   Link #109
iBeast

wow naruto was pretty badass when he met the cloud ninjas...too bad he's still a chump when it comes to Sasuke....
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 10:42   Link #110
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So, it is entirely possible that Danzou's reign will not end by Sasuke's hands, but rather Naruto's or the council of Jounin. This is an interesting development that I wish one of the spoiler providers would have spoilt days ago...
lol you sound very relieved .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Absolutely true. Sasuke soiled his hands with the blood of the innocent. In the current chapter, he even looks hateful. .
haha, sasuke literally had that miserable look on his face since his first introduction to the story (ch3 p5). It almost looks like the same face, but side profiled and a bit less dramatic because of the head protector. lol what a gloomy guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
wow naruto was pretty badass when he met the cloud ninjas...too bad he's still a chump when it comes to Sasuke....
LOL! Sasukes gonna get KO'd, and the more naruto knows about him, the less he'll take it easy on mr. prettyboy uchiha.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....wow its been a while, im looking forward to seeing Gaara again. I dont think we'll know where he stands in regards to power though.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 10:44   Link #111
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

It was interesting to learn that the jounin still have to vote for Hokage. Of course, I think Danzou's still going to remain Hokage either by rigging the vote or using some technicality. It'll also be great to see Naruto and Sakura's reaction to Sasuke joining Akatsuki. Up until now, they've only seen Sasuke as blinded by revenge I wonder how they're going attempt to rationalize/deny Sasuke's actions (because you know they will)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
The only way the Cloud-nin will decide to let Sasuke live is if Killer Bee shows up. They are out on a revenge mission, and no amount of "speeches" will change their minds.

Also, I suspected that the Cloud nin were very powerful before this last chapter. The femail Cloud-nin thought that she destroyed Konoha with a single stone, as if she was capable of doing so but was distraught over her own lack of control. Who knows what else they will be able to do?
I'm pretty sure that destroying-Konoha-with-a-rock thing was just supposed to be a joke not indicator of their power. But yeah, the could-nin were impressive. I also like the fact that they use katana, very few ninja have used weapons outside kunai and shuriken.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 11:02   Link #112
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
mmm that's the kind of ninja fighting I like to see. An entertaining chapter, hope to see more of Danzo.
Old 2009-06-19, 11:20   Link #113
ShadowAssasin
Banned

The way he flipped his sword around really reminded me of Kenshin. So far these cloud ninja have really been entertaining and the female nin pretty easy on the eyes. I'm looking forward to seeing them in real action. Its interesting that they are pupils of KillerBee.; they probably fight really well as a unit.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 11:27   Link #114
lousylaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Well, it seems everyone's scare about Naruto getting 'blown away' was quite literally miles off the mark. If anything, as opposed to Sai and Sakura, Naruto seemed to have done quite well fencing off against team Kumogakure, even grabbing Sai's sword in the process to balance out their kenjutsu. (Leaving Sai quite surprised, might I add.)
serves me right for believing early spoilers. Glad to see normal Naruto has grown aswell and it's not just about powerups.
Gotta love in the first panel Karui and Omoi appeared, both Sakura & Sai standing still while Naruto's already on the move to counter them.
lousylaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 11:39   Link #115
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah if Sai can't talk about Danzo , can he write instead ?
The ninja of Kumogakure aren't bad . The guy "Don't kill them" hmm he don't know how much strong Naruto Sakura and Sai are . I would say that its them who should say it lol
Naruto discover that Sasuke is with Akatsuki Look his face XD
Anyway , Sasuke is coming don't worry Konoha , you don't have to move .
I can see Sasuke's team vs Kumogakure's team and Sasuke vs the others .

(wow Sasuke's haters )
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 11:51   Link #116
Lunarskylar

naruto catching the sword in his barehands
epiccc =D
i'm going to enjoy this manga so much more now
kishi really milked this all the way, now we'll have joygasms just because naruto is a competent fighter

sai's kick though.... where was it headed exactly? xD
Old 2009-06-19, 11:52   Link #117
ultra_dragon

this chapter was great! finally we can see Naruto in a differnet light. lol it seemes naruto is clamer then sakura in his reaction's, which is, well, a new thing. and leat's not forget that short fight! lol, naruto was already reacting to the attack when sakure and sai only realized that they were attacked! too bad sakura was hit...it would be nice to see who would have won (i would put my money on naruto)
ultra_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 11:54   Link #118
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

What I like about this chapter is the sense of urgency and worry now that Sasuke is being redlisted. It almost makes me feel like I care about him again.

What I don't like about this chapter is that it took so long for the story to finally shift focus on him as a threat and start treating him like one. Even with Tsunade as Hokage early on, they should have treated him less leniently.

I want to see those Kumogakure nin's faces when Naruto shows them just how weak they are in comparison.
Old 2009-06-19, 11:54   Link #119
ThoHell

At least Danzo knows not to do anything bad to Naruto right now or most likely he would be removed. But still the guy is evil...EVILLLLLLLL! Naruto stopped a sword with his hands....that's new. Anyways, not much this chapter but I think it should be getting good soon. Or so I hope anyways. Deep down inside, I want Naruto to go rouge, like a lone wolf thing. Anyone else feel this way or just me? I'm pretty sick of the village..... and a lot of other things. Oh, Naruto should of bee able to pwn those guys instantly now, he's still too soft.

Last edited by ThoHell; 2009-06-19 at 12:21.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 11:58   Link #120
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Naruto is so ballin now...

Ahhhhhhhhhh!

I'm going to assume Kishi was giving us a foreshadow when Naruto caught that sword...

Maybe he can catch Sasuke's lightning sword? HMMMMM!?!!?