AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-01, 14:25   Link #2841
Blackfyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawer123 View Post
Uhm maybe Sakura is still in love with Sasuke.. because in what i had known Sakura remained ambiguous in these shippuden chapters. Maybe She is or She is now not..
It's not debatable. The databook outright says her feelings for him are 'in love with.'

Quote:
and Yeah, many Naruhina fans are saying that what about Hinata? what about her confession?
All the Naruto/Sakura fans love to ignore it completely. Shippers always ignore other stuff no matter what side of the fence they're on
Quote:
But then again for now, NarutoxSakura will be mostly likely to be a canon..
And twenty chapters ago it was different. It could change again in another ten
Old 2009-08-01, 14:27   Link #2842
Haak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post
It's not debatable. The databook outright says her feelings for him are 'in love with.'
Huh? I thought the very latest databook simply didn't say anything about whether Sakura loved either Naruto or Sasuke.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...28#post2522328
Old 2009-08-01, 14:29   Link #2843
Sakabatou77

In my opinion, I think there might be a slight hook up, or none at all. I see Sasuke and Sakura together, if Sasuke gets over himself or kills his brother. I think Hinata will grow stronger, which will get Naruto's attention, and he and she will get together.

This is only my opinion. However the creators want to do it, I will support their idea and continue to watch it. For all we know, they could have Tenten and Naruto get together. Heh Heh. Just kidding.
Old 2009-08-01, 14:44   Link #2844
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
Yeah, the only problem is, Sakura's also in love with a selfish, heartless jerk who's tried to kill her. Why do people continuously ignore this when the databook makes it clear as day?
Because you're just exploiting the fact the manga has yet to resolve this issue in a way that insures your 'OTP' is not dead as of yet.

I feel nothing for these cartoon characters and their relations to one another, which is why I have assessed everything objectively. This is obviously not a romantic story which is why anything of the sort is fueled by one source, THE STORY ITSELF, not the characters and their fucking feelings towards one another.

Here's something kewl: THE STORY!

-Naruto has remained true to his word and has devoted his word to it. IE. Love for Sakura, Hokage, Blah Blah Blah

-Sakura has developed into understanding who Naruto truly is as a person. IE. the type of person she could potentially develop feelings for

- NARUTO & SAKURA. Go read the earlier chapters of the manga, their actions coincided quite fucking nicely. Even as early as chapter 3. NARUTO WAS ALWAYS THERE, SAKURA JUST HAD YET TO REALIZE IT. SAKURA WAS ALWAYS THERE, NARUTO KNEW THIS WHICH IS WHY HE DEVELOPED FEELINGS FOR HER IN THE FIRST PLACE.

You know that shred of hope you still have left? Ya, that'll be bridged in by Sakura's development soon enough. It's called development because it takes a fucking while son, not the church of NARUTO AND HINATA: love at first sight garbage you crazed pairing fanatics are trying to evangelize the rational ones into.
Old 2009-08-01, 14:59   Link #2845
Haak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let'sFightingLove View Post
I feel nothing for these cartoon characters and their relations to one another, which is why I have assessed everything objectively. This is obviously not a romantic story which is why anything of the sort is fueled by one source, THE STORY ITSELF, not the characters and their fucking feelings towards one another.

Actually it's the other way round. Naruto's main drive is get Sasuke back and he's only really doing it because he loves Sakura. It's the romance that's essentially driving the plot. (or atleast half of it)
Old 2009-08-01, 15:08   Link #2846
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Actually it's the other way round. Naruto's main drive is get Sasuke back and he's only really doing it because he loves Sakura. It's the romance that's essentially driving the plot. (or atleast half of it)
Miro:
Quote:
-Naruto has remained true to his word and has devoted his word to it. IE. Love for Sakura, Hokage, Blah Blah Blah
@Haak
I vigorously disagree that romance drives the plot. There is POTENTIAL romance in the story. Also, Naruto is central but what about other things such as sasuke's obsession with revenge, Madara's desire to control the tailed beasts etc.? Those factors hold more weight in driving the story forward than romance
Old 2009-08-01, 15:08   Link #2847
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
YEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee my bad misworded it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Miro:

@Haak
I vigorously disagree that romance drives the plot. There is POTENTIAL romance in the story. Also, Naruto is central but what about other things such as sasuke's obsession with revenge, Madara's desire to control the tailed beasts etc.? Those factors hold more weight than romance
That's not what I said.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:09   Link #2848
X_Danny_X

Quote:

Naruto is doing it for more Sasuke than Sakura, remember, Naruto thought about Sasuke in bed.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:13   Link #2849
james0246

Quote:
Hm, I do not think that Naruto's promise to Sakura is more important or even equal to Naruto's own "precious" bond with Sasuke. While his promise to Sakura probably influences his actions, if Sakura had never asked for such a promise, I expect Naruto would still be striving to save his wayward "brother" and friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
Naruto is doing it for more Sasuke than Sakura, remember, Naruto thought about Sasuke in bed.
LOL, Yeah, that is a scene that is very hard to live down.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:15   Link #2850
Blackfyre

Quote:
Because you're just exploiting the fact the manga has yet to resolve this issue in a way that insures your 'OTP' is not dead as of yet.

I really love the claims of "We've assembled everything objectively!" Really.
Also the claims of 'The story' that doesn't take the characters into account

Quote:

He doesn't go back on his word, and? He's also given the reason endlessly that Sasuke is HIS friend and he wants to save him
Quote:
-Sakura has developed into understanding who Naruto truly is as a person. IE. the type of person she could potentially develop feelings for
Seems more about characters than story here
Quote:
- NARUTO & SAKURA. Go read the earlier chapters of the manga, their actions coincided quite fucking nicely. Even as early as chapter 3. NARUTO WAS ALWAYS THERE, SAKURA JUST HAD YET TO REALIZE IT. SAKURA WAS ALWAYS THERE, NARUTO KNEW THIS WHICH IS WHY HE DEVELOPED FEELINGS FOR HER IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Please.
Neither were 'always there' for one another. Sakura spent the time in part one pining relentlessly over Sasuke, her feelings to Naruto were friendly at the best of times. Part 2? Sakura was there for him in the Sasuke hunt arc. Throughout the rest of it, she's been useless. Certainly not 'always there' for her friend beyond being a crying pink forehead who gets nothing done.
Quote:
You know that shred of hope you still have left? Ya, that'll be bridged in by Sakura's development soon enough. It's called development because it takes a fucking while son, not the church of NARUTO AND HINATA: love at first sight garbage you crazed pairing fanatics are trying to evangelize the rational ones into.
Gotta love this pointless stupidity. My position has always been that anyone jumping on ANYTHING regarding the two pairings is hopeless because Kishimoto trolls them constantly.
It's called 'development?' Brilliant. It doesn't change that the 'development' between BOTH of them has been almost nonexistent on one end (Where people ignore screentime =/= development and as the manga is still going, the doors aren't closed) and bad on one end (Anything based on Sakura and Naruto seems to be Naruto found her cute when he was 12. Never mind she's violent, selfish, badly written)...really, the only thing that makes a bit of sense is Sakura starting to feel for Naruto as he's grown because he's not a completely unlikable character like Sakura and sasuke which is why I personally would rather he not have much to do with the guy who casually tried to kill him and the girl who punched him in the face and screeched at him for being restless when he just took on the leader of Akatsuki to save the village.

According to Kishimoto in the databooks Sakura's in love with Sasuke. Her feelings towards Naruto are unclear. Naruto cares about Sakura, feelings to Hinata are unclear. Sasuke cares about absolutely nobody.

Every so often, Kishimoto throws something in that makes the shippers erupt in squeals of whiny glee and then he does precisely nothing with it and then throws something else.
So, honestly, spare me. In ten or twenty chapters we'll see what he does next. How long does it take before people realize he loves fucking with them?
Old 2009-08-01, 15:16   Link #2851
Blackfyre

Quote:
Huh? I thought the very latest databook simply didn't say anything about whether Sakura loved either Naruto or Sasuke.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...28#post2522328
Not sure that's the same chart. The one I'm looking at has the arrows from Sakura and Karin to Sasuke being the Japanese word for 'in love with.'
Old 2009-08-01, 15:22   Link #2852
james0246

Quote:
Not sure that's the same chart. The one I'm looking at has the arrows from Sakura and Karin to Sasuke being the Japanese word for 'in love with.'
The word doesn't quite mean 'in love with.' The word more conveys a sense of fondness, appreciation, and care for someone or something rather than a specific romantic love. Added to that, it is something of a general word that does not reflect so-called deeper feelings, rather it can be used to describe how one appreciates chocolate or toys, as well as how a girl or boy would confess to another girl or boy.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:23   Link #2853
Blackfyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The word doesn't quite mean 'in love with.' The word more conveys a sense of fondness, appreciation, and care for someone or something rather than a specific romantic love.
It's used the same with Karin, though, which definitely conveys the feelings as more than that.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:25   Link #2854
lousylaus

Well whether Sakura still love the Sauce or not, she has strong feelings for Naruto and imo stronger than just friendship. Just the fact that she wanted comfort and affection from Naruto after the Pain fight and was sad & ticked off because he didn't give that to her is a pretty good sign to me. Seems to me like she was sad because maybe she felt Naruto didn't see her that way, you know as someone that's more than just a friend.

and again imo, Sakura's feeling aren't just starting but it's been there for a while, she just hasn't admitted that to herself yet.

So if she indeed loves both of them, she'll have to make a choice and to me the choice is pretty obvious:

On one hand you have Naruto which is on her side, has been there with her all these years, would go to hell for her and now she knows loves her.
On the other hand Sasuke which is against her, hasn't been in her picture for years, has been a threat to Naruto and most likely doesn't care at all about her.

I mean if she indeed has strong feelings for the both of them, the choice shouldn't be that hard.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:28   Link #2855
james0246

Quote:
It's used the same with Karin, though, which definitely conveys the feelings as more than that.
Not really. She seems to more lust after Sasuke (much the same as Sakura desired Sasuke (for no specific reason) in the early parts of Part I) than anything else. As I said, the word has a very general usage that doesn'y quite convey romantic love.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:30   Link #2856
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
So, honestly, spare me. In ten or twenty chapters we'll see what he does next. How long does it take before people realize he loves fucking with them?
You don't understand. My viewpoint is certain because I'm not basing it on the future. It's already happened.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:34   Link #2857
Blackfyre

We have stuff that's already happen plenty that's yet to. We'll see what Kishimoto actually does later on because he's left doors open to numerous sides if he wants to. It's just every so often he gives more support to one end than the other.

Nothing definite has already happens. We're seeing the cards put on the table.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:56   Link #2858
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Manga Philosophy = Hard work & Perseverance > Natural Genius

Story > 'Feelings' characters may harbor for one another.

NaruHina and SasuSaku are perfect staple examples of this.

If you'd notice, the relationships between characters thrive on this( THE STORY AND ALL IT'S WONDERS). Would it be so far-fetched as to say the same might apply to a romantically inclined one?

I've already seen how the story works, and the ending is definite. You choose not to accept the facts simply because they cannot be properly proven, and this in turn is desirable for the wishful prospect of what you see to be another relationship concerning a character of this one.

EDIT: Here are some other cool examples:

ITACHI, PAIN/PEIN, GAARA, ZABUZA SWORD OWNER( the sword owns the owner) and whoever the fuck else has had the displeasure of being touched by naruto's mystically noodly appendages.

Last edited by Let'sFightingLove; 2009-08-01 at 16:24.
Old 2009-08-01, 16:09   Link #2859
james0246

Quote:
I've already seen how the story works, and the ending is definite. You choose not to accept the facts simply because they cannot be properly proven, and this in turn is desirable for the wishful prospect of what you see to be another relationship concerning a character of this one.
Tell that to Ichigo 100% (and multiple other similar series) fans who still lament the couple choice seemingly chosen solely due to fan-appeal (it still fit quite well within the story, but it was a pseudo-unexpected conclusion).
Old 2009-08-01, 16:23   Link #2860
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Tell that to Ichigo 100% (and multiple other similar series) fans who still lament the couple choice seemingly chosen solely due to fan-appeal (it still fit quite well within the story, but it was a pseudo-unexpected conclusion).
I'm not familiar with Ichigo 100% but this particular story has yet to falter in this sense. (I understand it's simply an example)

And it's not going to begin where these relationships are involved simply for the sake of some romanticized plot drivel, rest assured.
Closed Thread