Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-08-28, 08:21   Link #221
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Your flaw in this theory is that Luffy turned down Hancock's marraige proposal. I'm not sure how and why Chichi married Goku, but there's bound to be some contrast between what has happened in the Dragon Ball series and what will happen in One Piece.
Yes, he rejected her. But i don't think it's gonna stop there. Oda has his ways of pulling some figurative magic. And then bam! They end up married. Lol. Contrast between db and op? I'm sure the futurenof the luffyxhancock dynamic isn't included in that difference.

And about the pairings within the crew, i heavily support zoroxrobin. Lol. C'mon man, kickass characters deserve to end up together.lol
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 13:44   Link #222
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Yes, he rejected her. But i don't think it's gonna stop there. Oda has his ways of pulling some figurative magic. And then bam! They end up married. Lol. Contrast between db and op? I'm sure the futurenof the luffyxhancock dynamic isn't included in that difference.

And about the pairings within the crew, i heavily support zoroxrobin. Lol. C'mon man, kickass characters deserve to end up together.lol
If you could pay attention to what other characters (such as Jinbei, Shakky, Rayleigh, etc.) say about her, that would tell you Hancock is not to be trusted. Hancock's vision of love is obviously blind to the reality of life. I wouldn't be surprised if her feelings of love would make her lose her position as Shichibukai and be replaced by Jewelry Bonney.

At any rate, what's wrong about the future of the LuffyxNami dynamic (that is fantasized by fans like me) that you would think otherwise?

Also don't get your hopes up for theZoroxRobin pairing, Zoro has no love feelings for Robin (He has no feelings for most other characters but that's besides the point).
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 02:07   Link #223
Undertaker

what did you mean by Hancock is not to be trusted? I don't remember any of those three every mention that.

As for Bonney, she's unlikely to be a Shikibukai. What's we've being shown so far is she has some sort of tie to WB (a good tie) and Akainu (a bad tie), so it's doubtful she'll work for WG unless they offer her a crack at BB. Personally I think Buggy and Kid has better shot at those position than her.

As for Zoro, he's already got a little harem going on right now second only to Luffy (Nami, Hancock, Shirahoshi) with Tashigi and Perona, adding Robin to the mix isn't going to be too hard...
Old 2011-08-31, 03:24   Link #224
larethian

Tashigi is too righteous, Perona is too annoying, Robin is too old. I doubt he'll take any.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 21:57   Link #225
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
what did you mean by Hancock is not to be trusted? I don't remember any of those three ever mention that.

As for Bonney, she's unlikely to be a Shikibukai. What's we've being shown so far is she has some sort of tie to WB (a good tie) and Akainu (a bad tie), so it's doubtful she'll work for WG unless they offer her a crack at BB. Personally I think Buggy and Kid has better shot at those position than her.

As for Zoro, he's already got a little harem going on right now second only to Luffy (Nami, Hancock, Shirahoshi) with Tashigi and Perona, adding Robin to the mix isn't going to be too hard...
Perhaps what I meant to say is that Boa Hancock is not to be trusted with that love sickness she has.

If Bonney was to be working for the WG, she'll only be in it to have a crack at Luffy as she can't stand Luffy's way of thinking which she considers inferior.

Also, the only way I'll accept Luffy having children with his "Harem" is if he has children with Nami first.
Old 2011-08-31, 22:08   Link #226
Undertaker

I don't know, while I can see Bonney was to go after Luffy, but as same time WB's last order was to protect Luffy with all cost. In fact it was because of that and the fact Oda implied in SBS that we haven't seen the last of Marco I just can't think Bonney will go against WB's last wishes.

As for Hancock's love sickness, so far all we've been (on Hankcock side) was that it is genuine or at least as genuine as Hancock is ever going to have.

Lastly, yes, Nami will be the new Pirate Empress with Hancock and Shirahoshi changing their title to Pirate Concubine, and screw the Pirate King Luffy will be the Pirate Emperor .....
Old 2011-08-31, 23:26   Link #227
Ragna92

There's going to be no romance in one piece. But by the end of the manga I'm pretty sure Luffy's going to get married. To Hancock.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 20:24   Link #228
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
There's going to be no romance in one piece. But by the end of the manga I'm pretty sure Luffy's going to get married. To Hancock.
With my luck, Hancock would most likely die in an ambush (much like Sao Feng from PotC: At World's End) either by Blackbeard with the Yami-Gura fruit powers or agents of the WG who finds her work to be sloppy. That is if her love sickness doesn't kill her first.
Old 2011-09-02, 00:49   Link #229
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Also don't get your hopes up for theZoroxRobin pairing, Zoro has no love feelings for Robin (He has no feelings for most other characters but that's besides the point).
they're crack so i'm not expecting them to happen. =)) but seriously, If Oda is to pursue a single pairing within the SH, i hope it's Zoro/Robin. XDD

btw, boa hancock's innocence about marriage will lead her to get married to Luffy. Why though. Just because. LOL. I mean, c'mon, she's just so moe when she goes deredere ONLY to luffy. XDD makes mah heart go doki doki. XDD

Hancock will do anything for luffy. what that means is yet to be fully seen.
Old 2011-09-02, 16:29   Link #230
Rainbowman

Quote:
they're crack so i'm not expecting them to happen. =)) but seriously, If Oda is to pursue a single pairing within the SH, i hope it's Zoro/Robin. XDD

btw, boa hancock's innocence about marriage will lead her to get married to Luffy. Why though. Just because. LOL. I mean, c'mon, she's just so moe when she goes deredere ONLY to luffy. XDD makes mah heart go doki doki. XDD

Hancock will do anything for luffy. what that means is yet to be fully seen.
Have you not heard me that Hancock cannot be trusted with her love sickness? Her passion for Luffy is delusional. She thinks the world revolves around her and her tribe. Nyon has been explaining many times that a hug is not a marriage proposal.

Again I ask, what is wrong with the Luffy/Nami pairing that you refuse to accept?
Old 2011-09-05, 23:19   Link #231
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Have you not heard me that Hancock cannot be trusted with her love sickness? Her passion for Luffy is delusional. She thinks the world revolves around her and her tribe. Nyon has been explaining many times that a hug is not a marriage proposal.

Again I ask, what is wrong with the Luffy/Nami pairing that you refuse to accept?
LOL. Nyon-baa herself said that it was LOVE. Hancock's only innocent about it. Aaand, I do believe the genuity of it all would be cemented at the very end. =))

Eh????? I wasn't even stopping you from your shipping. LOL. It's you who's refusing LuHan in the first place, constantly negating my opinion of them.
Old 2011-09-06, 07:53   Link #232
cassidyfenty22

Luffy+Hancock+Nami. 3 way. love triangle.lol!
Old 2011-09-06, 20:29   Link #233
Rainbowman

Quote:
LOL. Nyon-baa herself said that it was LOVE. Hancock's only innocent about it. Aaand, I do believe the genuity of it all would be cemented at the very end. =))

Eh????? I wasn't even stopping you from your shipping. LOL. It's you who's refusing LuHan in the first place, constantly negating my opinion of them.
I'm just downplaying the reality of the series. The only reason Hancock's love is genuine may have something to do with her Devil Fruit (VIZ Media dubbed it the Love Love Fruit). She probably has an excess amount of the love powers that it's affecting her. I consider Hancock as a whore as my tolerance with Hancock is about the same as Rorschach's tolerance with the Twilight Lady in Watchmen: the end is nigh part 2.

My reason for supporting the LuffyxNami pairing is to make my own heroes descended from them. One way or another, I will find out everything on how Oda's story ends even if I travel to Japan or wherever Oda has his vacation spots.
Old 2011-09-06, 23:37   Link #234
toriko

Romance ruins a shonen manga,the only shonen manga which handled the romance aspect tastefully was yu yu hakusho..
toriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 03:07   Link #235
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriko View Post
Romance ruins a shonen manga,the only shonen manga which handled the romance aspect tastefully was yu yu hakusho..
but the romance was dealt with at the very last part of the series. although there were some hints of a romance even from the beginning. i think flame of recca handled romance well too. though i thought that it was a bit cheesy. a ninja pledging his life for a stranger and becoming her very own personal bodyguard was a bit much. he even called her princess! but at least from the start it was clear that there was a pairing. unlike in one piece, and most shonen manga, where romance is practically non-existent.
Old 2011-09-07, 16:12   Link #236
Undertaker

eh, Historically Action Shonen always has some romance in it at least with a major romance going for the main character. While it was not the main focus in the story, and some time could be tragic (North Star) there is always an obvious, dominate pair. Even, DB, while it was not covered in story, it pretty much assigned a girl in the end to every major player in series, Heck goku married when he's 17. Jojo, Recca, YuYu, Kenshin, Kotaro, RAVE, Ranma, to even Saint Seiya (though that one is more platonic and implied more than anything) all have a main pair feature for it's main character. It's even more prominent if you are talking non-action Shonen

It the recent series that give you the wrong impression, with main characters in OP, Naruto, Bleach all have ambiguous relation towards girls and the series purposely delve away from those to the increase of gag comedy series like SKET dance and Gintama that simely treat the issue as comedy (though SKET dance has a potential one in Bosun and Himeko)

But that's also what makes it fun so you can play around and fantasize about different pairing. I personally don't care if OP ends up with zero pairing, it's the process that is fun. Besides, I can always turn to the world of dojinshi and adapt them as true/hidden endings.....
Old 2011-09-08, 04:03   Link #237
toriko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
but the romance was dealt with at the very last part of the series. although there were some hints of a romance even from the beginning. i think flame of recca handled romance well too. though i thought that it was a bit cheesy. a ninja pledging his life for a stranger and becoming her very own personal bodyguard was a bit much. he even called her princess! but at least from the start it was clear that there was a pairing. unlike in one piece, and most shonen manga, where romance is practically non-existent.
As you said Romance in flame of recca was cheesy but there were no stupid shipping wars(watever you call it) in both yu yu and recca.. a female character was fixed as a love interest,during the course of story hints were given that there was a development in relationship and romance never overshadowed the main plot,some thing which most shonen manga today cant do..
toriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 23:48   Link #238
Undertaker

And that's the real trade off here, which can be partially blamed to the wide-spread of Harem genre with ACG.(not that there is anything wrong with that) As toriko said, there was no shipping war mainly because they mostly have only one fixated choice but at same time, there wasn't any memorable female character in older Shonen Action Genre.
Old 2011-09-09, 00:14   Link #239
ronin myael
lost ronin

personally, i don't favor the shipping wars but i do understand why they happen, especially in some series where there are clear love triangles (or squares). like in naruto there's sakura, naruto, sasuke and hinata. hinata is infatuated with naruto, but naruto is clearly in love with sakura. sakura, on the other hand, only has eyes for sasuke, and sasuke only cares about naruto! lol in bleach there's ichigo, rukia, orihime and even renji. but in one piece where there are no clear hints of any romance between the straw hats, i find the shipping wars a bit silly. except for hancock, there are no other women who are clearly interested in luffy, and luffy, on the other hand, is clearly not interested in her. i doubt luffy is interested in girls at all. all he really cares about are his friends, the one piece, being a pirate king and meat! lol
Old 2011-09-09, 04:50   Link #240
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

^ You forgot Alvida. She is in love with Luffy too. Although, it's more of an admiration kind of love.. Liffy is the only man to stand up against her, so she's infatuated with him now.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote