AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2006-11-25, 12:34   Link #61
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
What exactly is Kanon about?

I'd suggest you also try the game if you can read Japanese/Chinese(patch released). Too much things are going on in Kanon that it's hard to say it in one page without spoilers...

Hint: It's a miracle.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 23:52   Link #62
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
how many eps is 06 slated for? i cant find the info. And am I right in thinking that this is going to be much wider ranged series that goes into more depth in multiple paths? Im loving all of this Makoto stuff. Not enough Makoto in 2002 =/
Zilveari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 00:56   Link #63
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilveari View Post
how many eps is 06 slated for? i cant find the info. And am I right in thinking that this is going to be much wider ranged series that goes into more depth in multiple paths? Im loving all of this Makoto stuff. Not enough Makoto in 2002 =/
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...385#post513385

Well, more depth or not, it's pretty obvious that Makoto's route will be over next week. How to make a heroine remain in the scene even after her route is complete is up to Kyoani's skill though.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 14:04   Link #64
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I heard there is another Kanon which is 13 episodes. Which one of the Kanons should i watch first ?. I know its a remake but since already 14 episodes has passed which one do you guys recomend me to watch first base on that ?.

P.S. I know some one might have already asked the same questions in this Thread, but to avoid ( and reduce the chance ) of getting spoiled on the series i decided to reask. Sorry for if this question was already asked.
Old 2007-01-04, 16:07   Link #65
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Watch the current series first. The reason that Kanon is being remade is because almost all fans agree that the original wasn't done particularly well. Watching the bad version first will simply spoil you before you see it done well.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 17:01   Link #66
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll ditto that ... I just got through rewatching the first attempt (2002 - 13 ep) version. It made me remember what was so good about it -- but it also made me remember just how bad the art and animation was, and how so much interesting story material was left out or changed to make it fit in 13 episodes. Almost an art crime.

Watch the 2006 version .... then maybe for historical purposes watch the 2002 just to see what I'm talking about.

If you can read japanese, there's an all-ages version available now I believe and quite frankly the H-material seemed tacked on and distractive for the story anyway.
Old 2007-01-07, 05:45   Link #67
Raniie

Here's my question. During the first episode, who is that person walking with Shiori? My initial thought was her mother, but, I'm thinking she could be an aunt, too or something. Anybody know for sure?

Image inside
Spoiler:
Raniie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 05:54   Link #68
Merridew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I heard there is another Kanon which is 13 episodes. Which one of the Kanons should i watch first ?. I know its a remake but since already 14 episodes has passed which one do you guys recomend me to watch first base on that ?.

P.S. I know some one might have already asked the same questions in this Thread, but to avoid ( and reduce the chance ) of getting spoiled on the series i decided to reask. Sorry for if this question was already asked.
My opinion is that you should finish the first one first. Though it is worse in many ways, it offers a little window to you into Kanon. Then progress to the KyoAni version for an almost completely new perspective. But I guess there may be some bias there because that was the way I watched it. I'm thinking of playing the game too, after I learn my jap though There's nothing bad in watching only the KyoAni version though, because so far they've got everything the Toei version has got but with more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniie View Post
Here's my question. During the first episode, who is that person walking with Shiori? My initial thought was her mother, but, I'm thinking she could be an aunt, too or something. Anybody know for sure?

Image inside
Spoiler:
I thought it was her mother when I first saw that scene.
Merridew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 09:14   Link #69
Raniie

I couldn't find the answer to this question in Kanon 2k2 or the 2k6 version. I have not played the game nor will I plan to, but since KyoAni left it out in the 2k6 (or will it be explained later? I hope it will), I'm guessing it's safe to assume it was not explained in the game, also?

Ok, we all should know Yuuichi's purpose for coming back to his childhood city, by now, to recover his lost memory and fix the events in his past. What we don't know is what made him return there. Did his parents forced him? Why did he suddenly decided to return to the town he has very little memory of? In the begining of the first episode (for Kanon 2k2 and 2k6), there was no explaination on why he just suddenly show up in a town he used to visit during his childhood. For Kanon 2k6: It was a quick introduction of him and his cousin, then move right on to the next day, the next morning waking up at his aunt's place...

Well if it isn't even explained in the game, I guess we'll never know the answer? IMO, if that's the case, that's one HUGE flaw to the story telling. Yuuichi will remain more mysterious than all the other characters, combined!

Oh and I found my answer about whom Shiroi was walking with in that scene, after re-watching "Kanon: Kazahana" again.
Old 2007-01-08, 09:47   Link #70
Devil Doll
My name? But my name is..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniie View Post
Ok, we all should know Yuuichi's purpose for coming back to his childhood city, by now, to recover his lost memory and fix the events in his past. What we don't know is what made him return there. Did his parents forced him? Why did he suddenly decided to return to the town he has very little memory of? In the begining of the first episode (for Kanon 2k2 and 2k6), there was no explaination on why he just suddenly show up in a town he used to visit during his childhood.
Kanon 2002 episode 1, 06:30 min:
  • Yuuichi: "The only reason why I'm here again so suddenly is because of my parents. They had to go overseas because of their work. Since I was being left alone, I had to stay at my cousin Nayuki's place."
  • Nayuki: "Since they were going overseas, didn't you want to go with them?"
  • Yuuichi: "I can't even speak English very well and you want me to try Swahili?"
Devil Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 10:23   Link #71
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

It's explained in the game actually.

"両親の仕事の都合で急遽引っ越しが決まり、ひとり暮らしを望んだ俺の意見は簡単に却下された。 "
"そして、海外よりは国内を選んだ…と、つまりそう言うわけだ。"

"My parents had to move right away because of their work, and they simply dismissed my opinion of wanting to live alone."
"And I choose to stay in the country rather than overseas... that's why."

Hence he went to live with her aunt (Akiko).
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 19:10   Link #72
Raniie

Oh, thanks. I was watching Ishin-Digita fansub for Kanon 2k2, and missed Yuuichi's explaination at 04:40 minutes. So he did gave a reason. XD; I had been curious why he went to his aunt place all of a sudden. Kinda disappointed that KyoAni didn't bother to add that important bit of information about Yuuichi, cause it just seems he was dump back into the city for no apparent reason. I wonder why it wasn't mention or left out in the 2k6 version... or will it be explained later? I hope KyoAni explain it later in the series, because first timer watching that version will be clueless to understanding why Yuuichi is back in that town all of a sudden.
Old 2007-01-10, 05:24   Link #73
endlezz
Ace of Spades

Whats the usual air time for Kanon in Japan?
endlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 05:57   Link #74
cyth
Banned

Kanon's usual air time on the channel BS-i:

Japan, Toukyou: thursday @ 25:00 (friday @ 1 AM)
GMT: thursday @ 16:00 (4 PM)
CET: thursday @ 17:00 (5 PM)
EST: thursday @ 11:00 (11 AM)
PST: thursday @ 8:00 (8 AM)
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 13:46   Link #75
endlezz
Ace of Spades

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by endlezz; 2007-01-10 at 21:26.
endlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 00:15   Link #76
Codine

I'm hesitant to watch this anime. Some people say its good, other say its absolutely horrible. I decided to watch part of the first episode and noticed that everybody was drawn like they were retarded. Sorry if that pisses any of you off but the main character looks like a retard. Yea I know I've never seen the anime so I cant badmouth it or anything but I sure can say the character's look like little kids.

And finally I didn't come here to badmouth Kannon I would just like to know if the storyline is as good as some people say that it's worth watching. So please give me your honest opinions, call me an idiot if you would like but i would like to hear what people have to say about this anime.
Codine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 00:23   Link #77
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codine View Post
I'm hesitant to watch this anime. Some people say its good, other say its absolutely horrible. I decided to watch part of the first episode and noticed that everybody was drawn like they were retarded. Sorry if that pisses any of you off but the main character looks like a retard. Yea I know I've never seen the anime so I cant badmouth it or anything but I sure can say the character's look like little kids.

And finally I didn't come here to badmouth Kannon I would just like to know if the storyline is as good as some people say that it's worth watching. So please give me your honest opinions, call me an idiot if you would like but i would like to hear what people have to say about this anime.
That would kind of depend on what you like to watch in your anime.

Here's my 2-sentence description of Kanon(2006) on AnimeYume,
Quote:
A second anime adaptation of popular Key-game Kanon, the series follows Yuuichi's trials and tribulations when he returns to the town he left seven years ago. In there, he will slowly revisit the past that once haunted him and learn the painful truths of the present times.
Kanon is a lot like a mystery anime, the first 5-6 episodes set the groundwork for the tragedies that will occur later on. As the audience, part of the 'fun' is in trying to decipher the clues given out to you in the earlier episodes. Ep01 alone had a lot of foreshadowing, which will prove enlightening after the whole series is done.

Have you watched Air(TV) before? The storylines are different, but they do share some concepts/themes. If you have liked Air(TV), then it is more than likely that you will like Kanon(2006).

As for why Ayu looks like a little kid, that is actually part of the mystery.

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-14, 00:31   Link #78
Meophist

First of all, are you sure you're watching the right Kanon? There's Toei's Kanon that was released in 2002, and there's KyoAni's Kanon that's being aired right now. I really recommend KyoAni's version as the main character actually looks like a normal person in it(by anime standards).

Most people here are really enjoying the anime. That I can say for sure. I don't really know how to explain the exact appeal about this anime, others can do that better, but I will say it's enjoyable to me. It's got a good mix between humour and drama.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 00:48   Link #79
Codine

Kanon Review What do you guys think? I find anime-planet to be a helpful source. I was watching Kanon 2002 so I guess I'll just ignore 2002 and just watch 2006.
Codine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 01:08   Link #80
Meophist

I didn't think 2002 was THAT bad…

Well, in any case, 2006 is much much better(by most standards).
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote