AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-07, 12:04   Link #1
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

How come Itachi fights without forming seals? Also discussing why they want Naruto

I dont understand how he is able to use Jutsu's without forming seals. Is there something im missing here?

Another question. How come we never see Gai using chakra needed techniques? Im pretty sure he is not like lee.

On a final note. Why do you think they really want Naruto? Itachi seems like a lone wolf. Not the kind of guy who would move around in an organisation.

Its been said many times that the trapped Kyubi allows its user to tap into mass amounts of Chakra. And a powerful form of it as well. It is my guess that Itachi is just using the organisation because he needs help taking naruto and probably harnessing the Kyubi for himself.

In epsiode 81 sharkman (i call him that) warned Itachi not to use his ultimate technique too much because it may be dangerous. In other words mange sharingan probably uses insane amount of chakra and wears down the user. After sharkman said that Itachi kinda flinched like that was soemthign that bothered him.

Can you imagine if Itachi could harness the nine-tails power just as Naruto can. Maybe he will seal it inside himself or use some other technique. But Mange sharingan in conjuction with massive amounts of chakra to tap into would make him almost invinsible i would think.

Whats you take?

[By the way its not a spoiler if the episode has been released for more than a day now is it?]

Last edited by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu; 2004-05-07 at 12:21.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 12:17   Link #2
Palani
///_^

Itachi is forming seals. He's just so fast that our eyes can't keep up. Just like Kakashi mentions...
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 12:17   Link #3
LuckyStrike

Spoiler:
LuckyStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 12:25   Link #4
d3adpool

about gaara:
the armor of sand, sand coffin, the ninjutsu used to make a weird eye and many techniques require chakra
just the sand barrier that does not require chakra
d3adpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 12:39   Link #5
historyX
.. and so it begins ..

Yeah, Itachi seems to be a lone wolf. He killed his clan to test his strength (i think), so I'd say he's using Akatsuki to capture Naruto. Akatsuki want's to use Kyubi's force, but Itachi just want's to test if he can beat Kyubi
historyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 13:01   Link #6
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyX
Yeah, Itachi seems to be a lone wolf. He killed his clan to test his strength (i think), so I'd say he's using Akatsuki to capture Naruto. Akatsuki want's to use Kyubi's force, but Itachi just want's to test if he can beat Kyubi
I don't think that is the reason. Kyubi is like 10000x more powerfull then Itachi, it is no way he is able to beat it whatever he does. I think he try to find a way to controll the chakra of the nine tails so he can use it himself, with the nine tails chakra he can use the "mange sharingan" as many times he want.
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 13:02   Link #7
GokuSongoku

Um.. so Akatsuki wants to use Kyubi's powers?.. If he is gonna be let lost by them.. No matter how strong they are they won't be able too keep him captured and they will all be killed..
GokuSongoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 13:28   Link #8
Inn3rchild
Child Forever

Send a message via ICQ to Inn3rchild Send a message via AIM to Inn3rchild Send a message via MSN to Inn3rchild Send a message via Yahoo to Inn3rchild
Gai is supposed to be really good at tai-jutsu, not everybody needs to use nin/gen-jutsu. We did see him using it once, when he was deflecting the ilussion technique at the genin exam.
Inn3rchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 13:36   Link #9
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GokuSongoku
Um.. so Akatsuki wants to use Kyubi's powers?.. If he is gonna be let lost by them.. No matter how strong they are they won't be able too keep him captured and they will all be killed..
Guess what? Keeping the Kyubi captured is exactly what the 4th did 13 years ago with Naruto

The 4th by beating the Kyubi proved not only that you could sealed anybody no matter who, but also that you could transfer the Kyubi towards another person without killing him.
And I think it's exactly what the Akatsuki really wants in Naruto, to steal the Kyubi to obtain absolute power (imagine Itachi with the Kyubi inside him...).

And that can also explain why Itachi killed all the Uchiha, Itachi could have learned the 4th's jutsu in the forbidden scroll, and then killed all his clan because they were the only ones who could potentially read and thus maybe reversed the removal of the Kyubi, thanks to the Sharingan.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 13:54   Link #10
Narutto Kyuubi

Cool

Um.. You guys are going way way off base here...

Akatsuki Told Itachi and Sharkman to capture the Ninetails.

There whole group has been collecting powerful jutsu's and sources for many years now.

Most likely (and this is my opinion)

Someone from that group approached Itachi (or he approached them) before he killed the clan and since everyone in that group is a S class criminal. I bet Itachi needed to prove himself in an initiation to get in. And They or him chose killing the clan as the best way to do that.

Itachi uses super fast hand seals, they say that in the episode 82 his hand seals are too fast for even kakashi's sharingan to follow them all, plus Itachi tricked kakashin with the shurikens in his right hand to distract him. That is why you never see the kagebunshin seal, or that jutsu kakashi was trying to copy that itachi didnt use but instead tricked kakashi into using (kakashi is smarter then that though, thats why he did the water clone jutsu.)

also, everyone forgets that you need stamina to make and use chakra. Itachi is already really powerfull, and the only reason he cant use manga sharingan that much in a single day is becuase it super drains on that, not just his chakra and probably some other body related side effect (like it wears on his senses) since he controls that whole world while doing that jutsu it must take a ton of mental concentration in a split second of time.

Gai does use jutsus but he is still a Taijutsu expert, so he doesnt use them often
eg the turtle summons.

Finaly, the idea that Itachi, master succesor of the sharingan, needs help capturing naruto is totaly absurd. The only reason Itachi doesnt get naruto

Spoiler:

also a hand seal isnt needed to turn on the Byakugan or do that moves, they just sometime show them doing the simple hand seal for the concentration part of it, the first two fingers on both hands up seal. but since they dont use that seal everytime they use the ablility it isnt nessicary to do a hand seal every time they use it.

And about Garaa,
His sand does use his chakra, it is just automatic free from his will, and thus isnt as efficient as neij's spin defense, and his armor of sand is even less effecient cuase it saps his strenght, all this Konkuro and Temari talk about though the chunnin exam and the battle afterwards. Only thing that doesnt use garaas chakra is the raccon-dog spirit when garaa is in the fake sleep jutsu, that is all that sumons chakra used to make those air ball attacks at gamabunta, but it still uses chakra just not garaa's.
Narutto Kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 13:55   Link #11
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Guess what? Keeping the Kyubi captured is exactly what the 4th did 13 years ago with Naruto

The 4th by beating the Kyubi proved not only that you could sealed anybody no matter who, but also that you could transfer the Kyubi towards another person without killing him.
And I think it's exactly what the Akatsuki really wants in Naruto, to steal the Kyubi to obtain absolute power (imagine Itachi with the Kyubi inside him...).

And that can also explain why Itachi killed all the Uchiha, Itachi could have learned the 4th's jutsu in the forbidden scroll, and then killed all his clan because they were the only ones who could potentially read and thus maybe reversed the removal of the Kyubi, thanks to the Sharingan.
Very nice and interesting theory.
Old 2004-05-07, 14:00   Link #12
Narutto Kyuubi

Cool

um that last part

Quote:
doesnt make sense, the 4th wasnt a uchiha member and he knew it, the 3rd wasnt and he used the seal technigue, and naruto studied for only the better part of a day and learned the kagebunshin which was part of that fobidden scroll, so anyone with enough ninja talent and experience could learn those scrolls, besides there is no mention of anyone besides naruto trying to steal those scrolls.
Old 2004-05-07, 14:01   Link #13
Riese
Brutal Killer Math Logic

Send a message via ICQ to Riese
It is also possible to do the seals with 1 hand.

One hand had the shurikens, the other could have been doing the seals.
This isn't a super elite ability, as I recall Kankuro doing a few motions
with one hand and dumping Naruto squarely on his butt.
Riese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 14:12   Link #14
Narutto Kyuubi

Cool

Yeah he could have used one hand, with the speed they imply He shouldnt need to, but that's not to say he didnt.

(continuing Riese's sig)

Sharkman: Well at least this time you wouldnt have to use that cream for 2 weeks afterwards.
Itachi: Pfft, yeah that chick is dead if i see her again, that burned alot.
Sharkman: Ever stare in a mirror and mange yourself?
Itachi: I thought about it but I remeber it wouldnt work cause I'm a soulless demon and don't have a reflection.
Old 2004-05-07, 14:20   Link #15
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riese
It is also possible to do the seals with 1 hand.

One hand had the shurikens, the other could have been doing the seals.
This isn't a super elite ability, as I recall Kankuro doing a few motions
with one hand and dumping Naruto squarely on his butt.
I didn't think it was possible to do the seals with one hand. ...hmmm..

I don't think what Kankura did was jutsu. I'm guessing you are refering to the initial encounter with Konohamaru right? There was no jutsu at work there to my knowledge.

The only character to do it explicitly so far has been Haku and Kakashi commented on how amazing and unique that ability is.

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 14:41   Link #16
raikage
日本語を食べません!

WOHOO! Time to revisit an old theory:

Hand seals are not really needed for most jutsus.

We've seen Haku do them one-handed.
Naruto only holds his hand in one position for Kagebunshin.
Sometimes hand seals are needed for Byakugan, while at other times they are not.
No hand seals (I think) for Chidori.

Hand seals might be a way of remembering how to shift chakra (Monkey seal - rotate chakra counterclockwise from stomach to right arm; Tiger seal - shift chakra to mouth; Rooster seal...you get the idea)

and so while the hand seals are a great way to learn the steps to performing a new jutsu, they aren't really needed. It's easier to use seals, but it is possible to perform jutsus without them - either for an element of surprise (Sharingan user can't see what jutsu you're using) or because you can't manipulate both hands, like Haku on the bridge.

While it is true that Orochimaru has a summoning tatoo for snakes (thank you for reminding me, Hunter), Sandaime was able to summon Enma with only one hand - and no visible summoning aides.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 15:21   Link #17
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
WOHOO! Time to revisit an old theory:

Hand seals are not really needed for most jutsus.

We've seen Haku do them one-handed.
Naruto only holds his hand in one position for Kagebunshin.
Sometimes hand seals are needed for Byakugan, while at other times they are not.
No hand seals (I think) for Chidori.

Hand seals might be a way of remembering how to shift chakra (Monkey seal - rotate chakra counterclockwise from stomach to right arm; Tiger seal - shift chakra to mouth; Rooster seal...you get the idea)

and so while the hand seals are a great way to learn the steps to performing a new jutsu, they aren't really needed. It's easier to use seals, but it is possible to perform jutsus without them - either for an element of surprise (Sharingan user can't see what jutsu you're using) or because you can't manipulate both hands, like Haku on the bridge.

While it is true that Orochimaru has a summoning tatoo for snakes (thank you for reminding me, Hunter), Sandaime was able to summon Enma with only one hand - and no visible summoning aides.
I am not denying that moves cannot be done without hand seals, I am just saying that doing hand seals with one hand is a bloodline limit that only Haku (from what we have seen in anime so far) has been able to do.

Itatchi just either does it fast or the moves he did didn't need hand seals to begin with.

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 15:23   Link #18
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96
I am not denying that moves cannot be done without hand seals, I am just saying that doing hand seals with one hand is a bloodline limit that only Haku (from what we have seen in anime so far) has been able to do.

Itatchi just either does it fast or the moves he did didn't need hand seals to begin with.

EPYON
I dont think Itachi simply does them very fast. I think he can do them one handed as well because he used the water technique on Kakashi while he held some shuriken in his right hand.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 15:31   Link #19
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter

Intresting theory, and got something to add on
At the serie start when Naruto stole the forbidden scroll, the 3d Hokage said they had to get it back at all cost because Naruto could be able to unseal himself if he got the knowledge(He only said it was a small chance, but still a chance is a chance).
So if Itachi stole this scroll without anyone noticing it and found out how to unseal the Kyuubi, then he would be damn powerfull.
Spoiler:
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 15:37   Link #20
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96

EPYON

...but...I just gave you...3(?) examples...

Oro's summoning a snake in the forest with a tatoo
Sandaime's summoning Enma despite one arm being confined by the trees
Neji's being able to turn on/off Byakugan without seals, while Hinata uses seals
Chidori
Spoiler:
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote