AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-04, 09:04   Link #8821
KBTKaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Gosh it was so dark I couldn't see.

I didn't catch the ref, but what I do want to know is when are they gonna stop fighting?

And also...

[Aaron008R]I envy your proficiency in translating your works into Japanese...[/Aaron008R]
Well, let's see here.

First and foremost, someone youtube this man the Vysaga!

Sonic/Magnum Saber = Nodachi
Sonic Vanguard/Victory Magnum = Gauntlet
Hurricane Sonic/Cyclone Magnum = ???
Buster Sonic/Beat Magnum = Inlines
Lightning Sonic/Blitzer Magnum = ???

so uh..2 more action posts followed by a wrap up?
Old 2007-09-04, 09:07   Link #8822
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
YOOOSH!!! ART TIME!!!!

Long ago, I wanted to do an original mecha using my PS vector skills... alas, all of my designs are still in my still-busted Main PC, and I'm losing confidence in my own ability to design custom mechs

SO I went ahead and Frankened these two designs, which will be my new image of Linebacker's Humanoid Drive Ignition forms:

Spoiler for Full Drive Form:

And its upgraded form, to appear in Crosys:

Spoiler for Over Drive Form:

Nanoha is included for size comparison

That sum's my reaction up perfectly..

@TK
Those profiles are pretty cool Nice work

@Thread:
No I'm not dead.. just really really busy so no time to respond. I'll be back at the end of the week to respond to things.
Old 2007-09-04, 09:11   Link #8823
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
It was inspired by a device in a the Culture Series of Sci-fi novels called an “effector” (I think that’s the spelling) anyway it’s basiclly an EM Swiss army knife it can manipulate EM fields at the most basic level it’s most common use is hacking computers as I described, but in that series it’s acutally so advanced that it can hack human brains, by manipulating the tiny electrical impulse between neurons. One of their AI could use one to make you dance a jig right off a cliff while punching yourself in the face in about .2 nanoseconds basiclly.

Not even said super AI can defend against it in any way expect having multiple redundant processors and partitions, but even that as said merely buys time (microseconds in this case). Obviously this is literally Hax on an almost god like level but I found the idea itself intriguing, “Technomancy” in various forms as it were is an oft neglected thing in many settings.

Still this process is SLOW, even with the massive computational power of a device it’s not even close to a culture mind and the process of manipulating that many variables is slow and tedious and can take hours of undisturbed work with complex code and systems. The device itself is also highly specialized too it, to the point of being nearly useless as an actual weapon. On the plus side though if they don’t have a counter hacker on hand even IF they see it happening they can’t normally do much about it expect perhaps being franticly wiping hardrives (and I mean WIPE WIPE not just delete stuff).

It’s user is also pretty much useless in a battle the forwards would stomp him easily for instance.
Considering that the brain itself is also a kind of circuit... damn, that's SCARY

Although the point about its complexity thankfully knocks down its supposed H4XX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It'll be a cold day in hell before I'll accept you

Jeno: "Nobody tries anything funny with the Haralown family except me "
But.. I think Kha already did something funny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Locked in the... Dark side of my mind... If you know what I mean...
"One does not simply peek into the mind of a Dark God..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
<whistles>
My descriptions aren't THAT good...
Modesty

Quote:
I'm not planning anything...
Is it me, or do I find that hard to believe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
Aurion would be rather surprised (spittake surprised) when he sees this.
If he ever sees it

On Flying: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
Old 2007-09-04, 09:15   Link #8824
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Slip up I wrote that at 3AM in the morning. My brain hurt and my math has clearly suffered for it. I know I wanted them to be about 20 when it happened so I think somehow I ended up adding said 20 years to the proper date… Sleep deprivation dose weird things to your thought patterns. It should be 60, not 40 it was 15 years ago or they're abouts.

*Goes to edit.*
No problem! Glad that its fixed.

Quote:
YOOOSH!!! ART TIME!!!!

Long ago, I wanted to do an original mecha using my PS vector skills... alas, all of my designs are still in my still-busted Main PC, and I'm losing confidence in my own ability to design custom mechs

SO I went ahead and Frankened these two designs, which will be my new image of Linebacker's Humanoid Drive Ignition forms:

GARPAL?!

If only the junior Cleric-knights had mass production LineBreakers for body armor! Then when they are in their Daggers, they'll look like Arc-Gurren-Lagann!

Now, Bastion Double Shield mode + each LineBreaker =
Spoiler for GATTAI!!!:

Great LineBreaker is :drool: !!!

Man this post just made me want to EXPLODE from all that GAR!!!

Where's episode 23...? ;p

Oh me and Lowe were discussing plans, when something he said triggered a thought in my mind:

Since Kha's gattai resembles Lagann so much, what if he could forcibly Gattai with any female mage or number and thus capture them?!

To quote LoweGear:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
*imagines Kha forcibly gattai-ing a Number, therefore capturing her like Lagann does any Ganmen*

OMFG!!!

~Kha
OMFG H4XX!!!!!

That'll result in some... awkward moments...

Cinque: What the... I can't stop myself... what am I doing?! IYAAAAAH!!!!!

Is that why Cinque is MIA lately?

Old 2007-09-04, 09:19   Link #8825
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Considering that the brain itself is also a kind of circuit... damn, that's SCARY
Indeed, as an example one of the AIs in the novels that had a nasty habit of ignoring common codes of conduct and reading and altering minds on a whim was called by the other AIs, and this is TOTALLY true “Meatfucker.”

Just to be clear though, any kind of mental hacking with this power is almost impossible as though electrical impulses ARE important to the brain allot of chemistry is also involved.
Old 2007-09-04, 09:29   Link #8826
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
GARPAL?!

If only the junior Cleric-knights had mass production LineBreakers for body armor! Then when they are in their Daggers, they'll look like Arc-Gurren-Lagann!

Now, Bastion Double Shield mode + each LineBreaker =
Spoiler for GATTAI!!!:

Great LineBreaker is :drool: !!!

Man this post just made me want to EXPLODE from all that GAR!!!

Where's episode 23...? ;p
Somehow, I always thought that the Graparls had a much better design aesthetic than the GL itself, even if GL is the epitome of Super Robot HOTBLOODEDNESS (asides from GaoGaiGar)

Mass Produced LineBackers = LineBreakers? While the LineBacker itself isn't meant to be H4XX, an entire army of them is

And the means to recreate THE GURREN LAGANN in this plane? SUPER H4XXOR!!!! Every manly man would die of massive overloads of GAR if that were to happen!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Oh me and Lowe were discussing plans, when something he said triggered a thought in my mind:

Since Kha's gattai resembles Lagann so much, what if he could forcibly Gattai with any female mage or number and thus capture them?!

To quote LoweGear:Is that why Cinque is MIA lately?

*whistles*

Quote:
Indeed, as an example one of the AIs in the novels that had a nasty habit of ignoring common codes of conduct and reading and altering minds on a whim was called by the other AIs, and this is TOTALLY true “Meatfucker.”

Just to be clear though, any kind of mental hacking with this power is almost impossible as though electrical impulses ARE important to the brain allot of chemistry is also involved.
What kind of scary AI's are they?

Yup, with chemical messengers like Dopamine involved in emotion and mentality, I can say that at least mental-hacking is nearly impossible with that tech That takes care of any potential H4XX.

On Flying: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
Old 2007-09-04, 09:37   Link #8827
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:

What kind of scary AI's are they?
Well most of them are acutally quite nice, and look after the beings under their care, but that one was... well broken.

Some of it's other hobbies included studying genocides and war and collecting and filling the interior of its ship (basiclly it’s body) with a museum full of torture devices and explanations on their use… Yeah not someone you’d want to run across in a dark corner of space.
Old 2007-09-04, 09:49   Link #8828
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Somehow, I always thought that the Graparls had a much better design aesthetic than the GL itself, even if GL is the epitome of Super Robot HOTBLOODEDNESS (asides from GaoGaiGar)

Mass Produced LineBackers = LineBreakers? While the LineBacker itself isn't meant to be H4XX, an entire army of them is

And the means to recreate THE GURREN LAGANN in this plane? SUPER H4XXOR!!!! Every manly man would die of massive overloads of GAR if that were to happen!!!!
1. Same here. GL is too unique to be massproduced.

2. Well there's only 5 of them... And it's toned down to be like Kha's armor. Not much offensive ability of the orginal, since its a device + knight armor, but these guys are just knight armor. As one GARvice said, "I'll think about it."

3. Once again, "I'll think about it." But highly likely if no one explicitly stops me...
Quote:
*whistles*
That reminds me. I think Tausend Kreuz screamed when Bastion gattai with her somewhat forcibly.
Old 2007-09-04, 10:04   Link #8829
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Eeeeh, backlog~

@Tk: I always expected Galm Team, in some way or another, to be implemented into the Nanohaverse, and you have done so splendidly. Vivid descriptions for all members, good device/skill data, and a well-detailed timeline to boot. I, as someone else in this thread said, can't help noticing however that three of them are over S, but I think you responded by saying in simple terms that they aren't h4xx...at least not on a bad level. Nevertheless, a very intriguing piece of work.

Will you do Crow Team next?

@Lowe:

ARC-GURREN-LAGANN?!

Your designs are made of WIN, good sir! And who knows what can be done with that armor as a Drive Ignition Form...

More please!

Upon reviewing that little snippet I did earlier, it also came to my mind that "good" V is not the one to slaughter allies. Thus, Regius in that scenario won't die.

All: Boo!

But Dark V in the other scenario kills him instead.

All: Yay!

Anyway, here's how the outcome ultimately is. And, to stormturmoil, I may very well create an alternate outcome where your idea is used, but here's how I envision it at present.

Spoiler for Outcome:

This is only a prototype segment, but, at present, it is how I envision that piece to end. Of course, things change over time, and this is subject to change, but, for now, I'd like to hear your opinions on how it is currently. If anything needs to be changed/rectified, do tell me- as said, this is only a concept after all.

EDIT: Come to think of it, storm's might be better...but, again, since this V doesn't kill him, my own piece suits it too. Don't worry, storm, I say again that your idea was well-structured, and, again, that it might be used in an alternative situations...don't kill me. [/end pitiful rambling]

Last edited by Dream_Traveller; 2007-09-04 at 10:25.
Old 2007-09-04, 10:10   Link #8830
Satty
Slash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
Ok, my OC's rival xD

Spoiler for Not finished yet:
I'm gonna be waiting for his abilites to respond....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post

Spoiler for long:
Nice!

Quote:
Hmmm... Going by the five basic senses...

Sight: Four absolutely adorable smiling faces, sooo close, blushing attractively... You feel your eyes going hazy with just the plain sight of their adoring gazes.

Smell: Naturally, they should smell good. And there are four of them. Your mind is clouded by the fragrances of the four girls... Washing away all hesitation...

Hearing: You can hear their shallow breathing... They would murmur adorably on occasion to your ear... If your lucky, you might even hear a light squeal...

Touch: It's warm... Blissfully warm! You are engulfed in a haven of supple bodies pressed against you... You can feel their breath tickling your neck... Withering your defenses and willpower like waves through marks on the sand... And their gentle embrace would become tighter... they would hold you possessively... never wanting to let go...

Taste: I'm not going here. Doing the first four was tough enough.

Quote:
Spoiler for LOTS of crap:
Nice, long, full of Blueecheesium, what else could I say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Spoiler for Outcome:
It's a good piece so far...
Old 2007-09-04, 11:15   Link #8831
Erio
Hiromi

Just a little skim through latest posts...

Quote:

Sight: Four absolutely adorable smiling faces, sooo close, blushing attractively... You feel your eyes going hazy with just the plain sight of their adoring gazes.

Smell: Naturally, they should smell good. And there are four of them. Your mind is clouded by the fragrances of the four girls... Washing away all hesitation...

Hearing: You can hear their shallow breathing... They would murmur adorably on occasion to your ear... If your lucky, you might even hear a light squeal...

Touch: It's warm... Blissfully warm! You are engulfed in a haven of supple bodies pressed against you... You can feel their breath tickling your neck... Withering your defenses and willpower like waves through marks on the sand... And their gentle embrace would become tighter... they would hold you possessively... never wanting to let go...

*Ahem!*
AARON IS THE WINNER OF THE OC THREAD TODAY!!

But to think that you came up with such...dirty...things... Welcome to the Dark Side!!

Quote:
YOOOSH!!! ART TIME!!!!

A-ANIKI!!!!!

Quote:

To quote LoweGear:Is that why Cinque is MIA lately?

Discussing plans to take over all the female mages in existence?! YOU BASTARD!!! THAT'S EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-09-04, 11:28   Link #8832
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Quote:

Tk: I always expected Galm Team, in some way or another, to be implemented into the Nanohaverse, and you have done so splendidly. Vivid descriptions for all members, good device/skill data, and a well-detailed timeline to boot.
Well it’s just so damn easy to do, and I love the game so, I jumped on it. I’ve always liked the whole Merc angle too and it made it even easier to give a plausible reason for them to be bumming around the major events of the series.

Quote:
I, as someone else in this thread said, can't help noticing however that three of them are over S, but I think you responded by saying in simple terms that they aren't h4xx...at least not on a bad level. Nevertheless, a very intriguing piece of work.
Well I don’t want to sound like an ass (yeah like I don’t already having said that!), but I feel I can control myself and not go overboard. I also almost always tend toward the LOW end of any given power range, my guys aren’t going to be toasting buildings or taking out city blocks or anything with a flick of their wrist for instance. They also lack any other kind of potential Haxx all of them are human, no mysterious pasts, unique powers, super devices, etc etc. Then again to me the letters are just that letters, the needs of the story and sanity will rule how I use my chars and their powers. My basic working notion is that these guys are older, experienced, and quite tough, but hardly unstoppable.

Cipher is a monster to be sure, but that’s by design he was the best of the best in his universe consider to be almost inhuman in his ability and that carries over here. Pixy was almost as good, and I can’t have an epic battle between them if he’s a chump by comparison. So he needs to be nearly as strong. Felix has almost as much potential as them but considerably less skill and… shall we say drive. He has a high rank and is certainly skilled, but he’s also clearly subordinate to both of the above. The rest are average to weaker.

In any case I’ve always been of the view that while POWA(!!!) Dose not a good character make nor dose it automatically make anyone that has some a bad one. After all theses guys are heroes (well anti-heroes) they’re better then most people by default! That’s not an excuse to go crazy, but nor should we feel obligated to make all our guys gimps. How the character is used and what they do in the story is more important to spotting "hax" then the some letters in the profile.

Besides it’s not like this thread and the universe is sporting a shortage of newly made super powered villains for them to battle with.
Quote:
Will you do Crow Team next?
I’m debating if Crow exists in this timeline since Felix has basiclly taken over the role of PJ, and yes Pixy ends up tearing him up something fierce before his showdown with Cipher…
Felix: Getting stabbed by a longsword hurts I really wouldn’t recommend anyone try it.
Murru: At least he didn’t cut you in half, bugger that stung.

PJ might possibly show up at some point, perhaps even mentioned in passing as one of the guys in the formation heading off to the final battle. (Though USB has already mentioned a Pilot named PJ in passing one of his profiles, still having them be different versions wouldn’t be that hard to rationalize.) But the rest of them are pretty much red-shirts so I don’t have much motivation to include them.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2007-09-04 at 21:40.
Old 2007-09-04, 13:16   Link #8833
Wibbles
Better than you.

I'm back, finally. Sorry I was gone for a bit, but stuff was happening at home... a lot of stuff. And I might have gotten a new DS game... (Megaman Star Force: Pegasus). I have new ideas, though.

If I remember correctly, I said I would write scenes involving OC's and Doppleganger. I still plan to do so. If you want a scene involving your character, PM me. Include quotes from your character that you think show their personality, possible scenarios, and basic background data. I can procrastinate at will, however, so it may be a while before you see a result.
Old 2007-09-04, 13:21   Link #8834
azuma-blade
The Dominant

Send a message via Yahoo to azuma-blade
Spoiler for Blade's Type2 Barrier Armor and it's new abilities:

sorry chibi mode :P

Last edited by azuma-blade; 2007-09-04 at 14:00.
Old 2007-09-04, 13:23   Link #8835
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Discussing plans to take over all the female mages in existence?! YOU BASTARD!!! THAT'S EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!
Bastion: [Kha! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! You are the SWORD that will PIERCE through their HEAVENS into PARADISE! ]

*runs from pitchfork army*
Old 2007-09-04, 14:12   Link #8836
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:

Actually, it was rather giving him one of the possible injected humor. And humor he got! Or rather, we got...

*Ahem!*
Doudeshou? That's barely scratching the surface of what it could have possibly felt. And I'm not really confident about my description skills...

I cannot believe I forgot to comment on this.

As said before...

YOU WIN THE OC THREAD!

Very...descriptive indeed, good sir. Kha indeed must have been in heaven, eh?

And I have something new- a trailer, somewhat for ShardS. This is only a preliminary trailer, something of a teaser, but do view it nonetheless:

Spoiler for Trailer:

Last edited by Dream_Traveller; 2007-09-04 at 15:48.
Old 2007-09-04, 16:36   Link #8837
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Hopefully she cant...

*whistles*

What? I didnt say anything.
*removes Artherion from throat* You better not have....

Ah, in that case I forgive you then.

Quote:
Wow, when did all these modes were created? Or did you just come up with them?
Let's see... sealed, device and shooter mode were created as I watched Season 1, Ethereal Mode was created during A's, Lancer Mode was an created somewhere around the 12th episode of StrikerS, and Repeater Mode was created as soon as the word 'Limit Break' dropped in episode 19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
IT'S DA WU TANG-TAN!!
The wu-what now?

Quote:
@Keroko: Ah! I forgot to comment on Artherion.

Rather menacing, I must say, in terms of looks- I like that. Nice Shooting Mode, too, what with the retractable pieces and all. The other forms sound intriguing as well, most notably Ethereal. I assume Lancer Mode will be like Strada, in a sense, and Repeater being a machine gun sort of form?
Ethereal is already widely described in Keroko's current profile. (Codex: Deathwing is still underway ). Lancer Mode is more like Raising Heart then Strada, really. Repeater Mode is [Deleted for security reasons]

Quote:
I see a TIE Advanced fighter. In a way, expected of Keroko-chan.
Funny thing you sould mention TIE's, really. I always thought of Keroko like a TIE-Interceptor. Fast, nimble and lethal, but with low defenses. And though TIE's have had little to do with the initial design for Artherion, the Phantom TIE was crucial in the design of Ethereal Mode.

Quote:
Surprisingly, it resembles Bard a lot; I expected a blackened RH somehow.

Looks great! I can visualize how Keroko fights now! Do link this pic to your profile list.
While the image of a blackened Raising Heart is apealing (and believe me, I was sorely tempted), I do prefer some creativity. Artherion is actually based of both of them, really. It has the axe-like constrction of Bardiche, but it also shares many Raising Heart elements. Shooting Mode, for example, was designed to look somewhat similar, yet different, from Raising Heart. The cartridge system is also very similar (rifle instead of Bardiche's revolver) and Lancer Mode is pretty much based on Raising Heart Excellion.

Quote:
It has something to do with Vivio... If Vivio dies, Sakura the Chibi will definitely be affected in a certain way. But if Vivio lives, there's a chance for even bigger emo, as Sakura and Vivio are linked in a special way.
As long as she doesn't die, I'm cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
So, there won't be much deaths either, though you can expect shitloads of drama and a lot of gray shades.

Like this...
Spoiler for Destiny:
Inspiration!

Spoiler for Fate:

Quote:
Hey I got this weird brainwave during lecture:
Spoiler for Fate = Rider:
Everybody has their favourites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Didn' the A's manga show him (( ferret mode )) taking a bath together with Nanoha? It looked like it was a casual thing, maybe even daily...

Too used to it?

*runs*
Maybe he just gave up trying to make Nanoha see sense.

Quote:
*inside mind is a scene of pink and fluffy colors*

Nanoha: Innocent...

Fate: Seductive...

Hayate: Pure and Willing...

Keroko: Yearning...

Ke-ke-ke-KEK-PZT-Steamwhistle-ZZZZZZT! Pra......

Sakura: [Strike Two! Wiiiiii~~ ]

DOES NOT COMPUTE

And now you're calling in the best for that? ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?!?!?!

*imagines what Satashi would've done*

[BOOM!]

Sakura: [Strike Three! YOU'RE OUT!!! Wiiiiii~~ ]
Yearning? Keroko? Hmm, I could work with this...

Quote:
Yes, he is trying to kill you and once you’re dead and buried the thread will be his to rule as a Tyrant! Yes I’ve uncovered your dastardly plan Aaron!

Also some boring Background fluff nonsense while I continue working (SLLLLOOOWWWLLLYYY) on the next bit of my story (I may even end up holding off on the last of it for now and jump ahead to the modern day not sure yet):

This is all a work in progress but all future updates will be made to this post.
I'm not too worried with their ranks (they are a veteran bunch, after all) but, like others, I'm more worried about the hacking skill. I won't make any H4XX! judgements untill I see it in action, though.

Question, though. Intelligent Devices have a consiousness of sorts, does this affect the hacking? And how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nanoha: "Yuuno-kunn~ Why don't you just relax and let me do all the work... !"

Fate: " O-Onii-chan~ I want to thank you for everything you've done... S-So please help yourself to m-!"

Hayate: "Nei, Rossa? I have always known what you really thought of me, so lets not play around anymore... I am a big girl already."

Keroko: "... Just this once, you hear me?"
Keroko going Tsundere hesitant aknowledging?

Does not compute!

If you want hesitant, try something like:

Keroko:
I really shouldn't be doing this... demo, just this once...

Quote:

*Ahem!*
Doudeshou? That's barely scratching the surface of what it could have possibly felt. And I'm not really confident about my description skills...
That was... Totally WIN!
Old 2007-09-04, 18:30   Link #8838
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
song ATM: Fairy Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Here we go!

*hears collisions of multiple sonic booms*

Spoiler for Atarana Bakusou! Part F:

Another post, more references, and more possibilities...
I am speechless. Literally. The fact that you quote Vysaga just made my morning even better.

====================

Quote:
Nighty: Expected to be good in an EPIC romance sense.
Chaos: Expected to be good in a sinfully sweet sense.
USB: Expected to be good. Might be taken further into slightly NSFW borders. >_<
Satashi: It'll be NSFW without the actions!>_<
USB: did someone just ring the bell??????
All: jiii~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
USB: what?

==========================

Quote:

This is all a work in progress but all future updates will be made to this post.
You call this crap, pilot? THIS IS BEYOND AWESOME!!! Never thought to see someone (that means you) to actually establish a unit based on the legendary Galm Team. And The Demon Lord for added bonus, too.

Nice!!!

===================

Quote:
Spoiler for Outcome:

I now am expecting more of V goodness.

============================

Quote:
YOOOSH!!! ART TIME!!!!

A-A-ANIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

===============

Spoiler for snippet:

So?
Old 2007-09-04, 21:04   Link #8839
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Keroko going Tsundere hesitant aknowledging?

Does not compute!

If you want hesitant, try something like:

Keroko:
I really shouldn't be doing this... demo, just this once...
I-I'll keep that in mind...
Old 2007-09-04, 21:24   Link #8840
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm not too worried with their ranks (they are a veteran bunch, after all) but, like others, I'm more worried about the hacking skill. I won't make any H4XX! judgements untill I see it in action, though.

Question, though. Intelligent Devices have a consiousness of sorts, does this affect the hacking? And how?
A consciousness or sentience in and of itself, at least to my thinking, is no real defense since when you get right down too it said is consciousness is still based off allot of little switches turning on and off, very fast. That said I’ve already mentioned a number of issues that would pervert its use in any kind of battle against a vaguely equal opponent:

-The Hacker is almost immobile and blind to his surroundings while working.
-He basiclly needs a solid line of sight and a high power, high bandwidth (like satellite dish sized most likely) transmitter to even attempt it.
-The mage needs to then stand fairly still and not get out of the beam while he SLOWLY tries to subvert the device.
-Devices are very complex and do have SOME properties that make them difficult to hack (mainly the magic consonantly flowing through them can screw with the attempts at field manipulation), even under ideal conditions with allot of luck really hacking into a device would involve hours or even days of work.

Even if you could somehow hack it you can’t really turn it on its user or anything, if they don’t pipe in energy it’s not going to work (at least that’s my understanding) so the worst you could probably do is shut it down for a time and force it be reformatted later. Now doing this to some kind of unison device could possibly be nearly equivalent to “killing it”, but for most devices it would merely be a matter of re-installing the operating system from a back up. (which any sane maintenance scheme would involve keeping fairly up to date.)Having it turn off or start going haywire while in battle would obviously be bad, but not outright dangerous or lethal in and of itself.

Well I guess if it had a cartridge system, and the owner was crazy enough to have a magazine that contained enough rounds to potentially overload and explode the device you could perhaps force it to load said magazine and cause said explosion… Of coruse you’d never be able to do it in a time frame that would matter in battle 99.99999% of the time. The only possible way it could happen is if you somehow got accesses to and subtly left backdoors in it before hand, but that would require one hell of an intelligence coup to arrange.

So while hacking a device is certainly possible (as far as I’m concerned) the only way it could really be practical is if you somehow captured it from its owner and can set up and work on it in a controlled and secure area for a significant length of time. Also since its unlikely anyone would want or perhaps even be able to use the thing the only thing you’d probably get is perhaps access to it’s memory, which admittedly could provide some nice intel as Intelligent devices at least seem to remember at a minimum conversations for a considerable (perhaps indefinite) length of time.

Anyway I envisioned this power as a pretty much exclusively non-combat information gather tool and as a way to explain how he could hack most systems without resorting to outright institutional stupidity among security consultants the internet over. (a common method in cyberpunk… “Drrr (real) firewalls, partitions, pulling the damn plug what are those?!”) When you get right down to it its basiclly just some fancy fluff that in simple terms amounts to “He’s a hella 733t haxor joo!!! He’ll gets in your internets and be stealin your files! ”
Closed Thread